***Mafia:The Original***

iantjambo

Just now, Stuart McNeill said:

Its been now 3 weeks probably. 

Just hoped initially It would go away but doesn't seem to be the case

I'm about 35 posts behind, got some catching up to do. 😂

Get in contact with them then mate. You'll be stuck with it for 2 years and it'll likely get worse. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Morgaro Gomis

• Stuart McNeill

• Boof

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re the voting for players heading for a modkill. I don't like it, it makes it easier for the goons to hide and feels like day 1 just goes to day 2 as there can be less to go on with there being no need to save anyone for the masons or goons 

14 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I’d be interested to find out how the other game organisers would deal with this. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a situation like this.

Difficult to answer, Ian.

If you don't modkill him folk like me who know nothing will automatically and probably immediately suspect him of having a role.

To be honest, I'd probably hang fire and hope that he turns up...but it doesn't help that folk (like me :lol: ) will be pressing you for a decision so that they can vote him if he looks a goner.

Yeah I didn't mind so much voting for someone heading for a modkill on day 1 since it's usually just a punt anyway and it felt harsh to lynch someone who'd been more involved.

I do agree it's too easy for the goons to hide behind though so for future reference I'll probably just vote for someone else 

1 minute ago, Boof said:

Difficult to answer, Ian.

If you don't modkill him folk like me who know nothing will automatically and probably immediately suspect him of having a role.

To be honest, I'd probably hang fire and hope that he turns up...but it doesn't help that folk (like me :lol: ) will be pressing you for a decision so that they can vote him if he looks a goner.

You need to read to the end of the thread before posting

Riddley Walker

I guess I should explain that more by saying he was who I originally voted for yesterday and still feel like I've hardly seen his name. Really struggling to interpret anything else atm.

6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Re the voting for players heading for a modkill. I don't like it, it makes it easier for the goons to hide and feels like day 1 just goes to day 2 as there can be less to go on with there being no need to save anyone for the masons or goons 

I do it so that we only lose one player instead of two. It's relatively rarely that we'd bag a goon on day 1 since they're all alive and can sway the vote. Not unheard of but rare.

What it does mean is that it gets the masons more into up-and-running mode so that if any numpty decides to vote for the Cop they can ensure that they survive. Or at least try to - depends how persuasive the Cop-voter is :lol: 
I'd suggest that goons wouldn't be too gung-ho in apportioning guilt - anything to look at there?

I'll stick this in here too so we can see what was happening vote-wise - maybe see if the Bunny-voting would have left a goon or two heaving sighs of relief.

Alim vote Stuart
Rudi vote Yvonne
Dunks vote Groot
Dawnrazor vote Rudi
Vlad vote Dawnrazor
Stuart vote Sean
AndyNic vote Vlad
Morgaro vote Sheldon
Smack vote Rudi
Sheldon vote Morgaro
Boof vote AndyNic
Boof unvote AndyNic
Yvonne vote Simo
Dandy vote Dunks
Boof vote Groot
Boof unvote Groot
Boof vote Bunny
milky vote Sheldon
Riddley vote Sean
AndyNic unvote Vlad
AndyNic vote Yvonne
Alim unvote Stuart
Alim vote Bunny
Sean vote Riddley
Groot vote Shapes
Simo vote Bunny
Shapes vote Dandyman
Vlad unvote Dawnrazor
Vlad vote Yvonne
Riddley unvote Sean
Riddley vote Bunny
Yvonne unvote Simo
Yvonne vote Bunny
Dawnrazor unvote Rudi
Dawnrazor vote Bunny

Oh, aye...and to answer @Smack...I don't think I've seen anything :lol: just putting information out there and letting folk interpret it as they see fit.

9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

You need to read to the end of the thread before posting

That was the end of the thread when I started typing :lol: 

Right.

The Vlad vote for Yvonne suggests to me that if one of them is a goon, the other isn't.

At that time, Bunny (now a known townie) was on 3 and Vlad's vote put Yvonne on to 3.

Somewhat risky for a goon-goon vote, IMO. Unless it was pretty clear from the chat at the time that folk were going to go for Bunny OR there was a goon-PM stating that it would be safe enough as more of them would vote Bunny.

FFS - I've just talked myself into finding both of them guilty again :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'm sticking with Yvonne for now but Shapes and Vlad are looking suspect.

Why? (Genuine question, I've not had that vibe tbh)

Just now, Simo said:

Nothing more than a retaliatory vote😆

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

I’m sticking with Yvonne.

Dawnrazor I think will change his vote if Yvonne is looking like being up.

I bet you do, I'll stick with Yvonne. 

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Well if we both keep to our word....

Do you fish with Blobs and Snakes and the like?

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Nothing more than a retaliatory vote😆

So you're telling everyone you're suspicious of myself and vlad and your only reason is because we voted for you? Gonna need a bit more substance than that.

Just now, Shapes said:

So you're telling everyone you're suspicious of myself and vlad and your only reason is because we voted for you? Gonna need a bit more substance than that.

I don't need anything more thanks.

7 minutes ago, Simo said:

You defending your goon chum again, just like yesterday?

:interehjrling:

3 minutes ago, Dunks said:

You defending your goon chum again, just like yesterday?

:interehjrling:

I don't even remember who I defended yesterday so you'll need to enlighten me who I'm supposedly in cahoots with :lol:

For the record I'm just a townie so wasn't defending anyone since my trust list is literally only me so far. Was just curious what Dawn had picked up on Shapes and Vlad in case I'd missed something.

3 minutes ago, Simo said:

I don't even remember who I defended yesterday so you'll need to enlighten me who I'm supposedly in cahoots with :lol:

For the record I'm just a townie so wasn't defending anyone since my trust list is literally only me so far. Was just curious what Dawn had picked up on Shapes and Vlad in case I'd missed something.

Im just loud, belligerent, annoying and drunk most of the time.

Makes for a far more enjoyable Mafia experience.

The Goons don’t like it though 👍

12 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Im just loud, belligerent, annoying and drunk most of the time.

Makes for a far more enjoyable Mafia experience.

The Goons don’t like it though 👍

That what they said in the PM thread?

Alot of early accusations going about. I dont have my vote yet. Still at work and playing badminton at half 6. Should get my bote on about 8.30

Trouble with having 5 goons is that one or two may be considered expendable by their team. I'm not sure that we'd see a concerted effort to save one if any came under threat of a lynching...

Let's see what happens if I...

Vote Yvonne

just in from work, it's been a hectic week

i think there's a difference between boof townie spraffing and when boofs a goon pretending to be a townie spraffing

i think he's just a townie this time

ways to annoy the moderator

1. lots of vote changes late on especially if they're drinking :whistling:

2. if you're in a tie vote for yourself and make them make a decision over wether it's allowed

3. pick a fight with someone

i've thought of a new way 😁

people should post in bold who the cop should investigate

vest groot

what could possibly go wrong :facepalm:

Thanks folks it’s looking a bit clearer who is in cahoots together. I feel very popular with all these votes but you are  wrong. 
 I guess some who have voted me and their buddies who are sitting back pulling strings but keeping out of voting me so it doesn’t come back to them when you lynch another good guy 

2 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Thanks folks it’s looking a bit clearer who is in cahoots together. I feel very popular with all these votes but you are  wrong. 
 I guess some who have voted me and their buddies who are sitting back pulling strings but keeping out of voting me so it doesn’t come back to them when you lynch another good guy 

All 2 of us.

Votes:

Yvonne 3

Dawn 2

Sean 2

Groot 1

Andy 1

Vlad 1

Dunks 1

7 to vote

10 for a lynch

9pm deadline

Edited by iantjambo

4 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

All 2 of us.

Think there may be a few more.. 

I just don’t get why yesterday and today I’m top of the lynch tree? 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Evening all.

Had a bit of a busy afternoon at work as I'm off next week so had a few things to sort out before I finished up. I'll have another read and vote after dinner.

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Votes:

Yvonne 3

Dawn 2

Sean 2

Groot 2

Andy 1

Vlad 1

Dunks 1

I’m counting Sean’s vote for Groot.

6 to vote

10 for a lynch

9pm deadline

it wasn't a vote for groot

it was a suggestion for the cop 😆

Just now, jambosean75 said:

it wasn't a vote for groot

it was a suggestion for the cop 😆

Stop throwing me curve balls 😂

I’ll alter the vote count.

10 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

I wasn't suspicious of you before, but I am now :rofl:

Stuart McNeill

NGL, I barely know what's going on haha.

Playing so many games back to back has definitely already cemented opinions of others based on the previous game imo

1 hour ago, Shapes said:

Ok well that's not a valid reason for suspicion then :rofl:

I was trying to be all knowledgeable about the game but you've ruined that illusion for me😭😭😭

On the basis that I think at least 1 goon was on the bunny lynch that leaves me with 1 from the 5 I mentioned earlier.

Of them, I think Dawn's reasons for doubting people have been the weakest and he was last one to vote Bunny so at least for now I'll 

vote Dawn 

10 minutes ago, Simo said:

On the basis that I think at least 1 goon was on the bunny lynch that leaves me with 1 from the 5 I mentioned earlier.

Of them, I think Dawn's reasons for doubting people have been the weakest and he was last one to vote Bunny so at least for now I'll 

vote Dawn 

To be fair, there's not been much to go on, I don't think my reasons were weaker than anyone elses.

22 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

NGL, I barely know what's going on haha.

Playing so many games back to back has definitely already cemented opinions of others based on the previous game imo

A goonly admission if ever I saw one :rofl: