***Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Sc semi final thread***

Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Where to start......

Can you clarify where this “power swing or natural order” you (or your colleagues) believe in is coming from?  I mean barring the actual derby stats which are facts I.e. number of total wins, number of wins at home/away/number of cup wins...etc...etc.............

There was a stat knocking around a while back....can’t quite recall but it was something like if hibs were to pull level with hearts your team would need beat hearts 4 times a season by 2 clear goals for 10 seasons.....10 YEARS, YES 10 YEARS....go read that again.  How can you possibly be our rivals with that fact hanging over you.

I've said it before, our record in the derby is horrific, no one can deny that. You have the hoodoo sign over us, of that there is no doubt. I remember watching a tv programme and it had an interview with John Colquhoun talking about the derbies he played in, it summed it up perfectly for me. ( Whisper it, he thought we played you off the park many times but didn't win ). I suppose  it only makes the victories all the more sweeter when they come around, however infrequent that may be.

I've learned not to get too confident before these games, I am older and wiser after living through the 80s and the Miller years.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Greedy Jambo

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

This isn't exactly right. The reason you don't see that action applied is that the ruling changed around three seasons ago. It was deemed to be a removal of the 'double jeopardy' decision. 

Yes that changed but if you don’t attempt to get the ball and foul someone in the penalty area it’s a straight red card by the letter of the law. Did he even book him? The pundits who get paid handsomely really have no idea about the rules, they should know them  be explaining it more clearly. Managers and players don’t know them either. 

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Where to start......

Can you clarify where this “power swing or natural order” you (or your colleagues) believe in is coming from?  I mean barring the actual derby stats which are facts I.e. number of total wins, number of wins at home/away/number of cup wins...etc...etc.............

There was a stat knocking around a while back....can’t quite recall but it was something like if hibs were to pull level with hearts your team would need beat hearts 4 times a season by 2 clear goals for 10 seasons.....10 YEARS, YES 10 YEARS....go read that again.  How can you possibly be our rivals with that fact hanging over you.

The “power swing” was basically the nine in a row undefeated they had a few years back. Insignificant when compared to our undefeated runs and general dominance of the fixture, but absolutely earth-shatteringly new and exciting for them. We lost our way in the derby, which was unacceptable. It has been sorted for a good while now, and you could tell from the emotion shown by players and management at the end of Saturday’s game that nobody at Tynecastle is under any illusions about the significance of this fixture.

Samuel Camazzola
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes that changed but if you don’t attempt to get the ball and foul someone in the penalty area it’s a straight red card by the letter of the law. Did he even book him? The pundits who get paid handsomely really have no idea about the rules, they should know them  be explaining it more clearly. Managers and players don’t know them either. 

By the letter of the law, it isn't. 

Still buzzing from the win. Much more than expected if I'm being honest, maybe because I wasn't overly confident before it. 

My Hibby mate had an absolute meltdown on FB 🤣

They really are hurting over this, which is nice 😊

44 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The wording above is very loose. The challenge didn't merit a red as per the ruling. 

Cute by White to get inside McGinn leading to a 'clumsy' lean that resulted in both players losing balance but critically, McGinn infringing* White.

Penalty but certainly not a red card offence.

*In the eyes of Collum and this time that will do for me.

Edited by DETTY29

The Old Tolbooth

Just finished reading their match thread over on sisterfister.net, their pain is utterly glorious! They really never do learn :D 

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Cute by White to get inside McGinn leading to a 'clumsy' lean that resulted in both players losing balance but critically, McGinn infringing* White.

I always look at the relationship between the defender and the ball in these situations. In this case, McGinn has absolutely no chance of playing the ball without going through White. He clearly impedes White from behind. Penalty all day long in my book.

1 minute ago, leginten said:

I always look at the relationship between the defender and the ball in these situations. In this case, McGinn has absolutely no chance of playing the ball without going through White. He clearly impedes White from behind. Penalty all day long in my book.

Yep.  White was infringed in the box.  It is a penalty. 

Once in a while mat not be given, but only very rarely.

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The wording above is very loose. The challenge didn't merit a red as per the ruling. 

He pushed him without attempting to get the hall, apology accepted though 🤷🏾‍♂️🙈

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

First question on a penalty should lways be if it was outside the box would a foul be given. Clear as day this one was a yes.

McGinn makes contact with Aidy, he lands on his back ffs. Its accidental in a way but Aidy got in front of him. Stonewaller.

Theres? Dive. Their claim in last minute? Dive.  Their goal? Offside.

They can't even cheat to beat us

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

That is some shot :D

It’s great isn’t it, I felt their good work should be shared around. 

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The law says pushed without attempting to get the ball and stopping a goal scoring opportunity, red card by the letter of law. Not what I think, what you think, what Collum thinks, Billy Dodds or Michael Stewart. Red card end of story. 

The sooner refs apply the laws, and everyone involved in football knows them the better in my opinion.

How long have we moaned about refs allowing the uglies to get away with stuff that others don’t?

edit ;- FTH

Edited by Pasquale for King

59 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

First question on a penalty should lways be if it was outside the box would a foul be given. Clear as day this one was a yes.

McGinn makes contact with Aidy, he lands on his back ffs. Its accidental in a way but Aidy got in front of him. Stonewaller.

I didn’t hear those mugs complaining when they were awarded a penalty at Tynecastle in the Miko Boxing Day derby in the incident involving Barasa - vaguely similar but nowhere near as clear-cut as the White penalty. Nor was there a cheep out of them when some ***** dived over Zaliukas’ foot at ER and was rewarded with a penalty kick rather than a booking.

Yet another non-existent spot-kick for them on Saturday and they’re still moaning.

2 minutes ago, leginten said:

I didn’t hear those mugs complaining when they were awarded a penalty at Tynecastle in the Miko Boxing Day derby in the incident involving Barasa - vaguely similar but nowhere near as clear-cut as the White penalty. Nor was there a cheep out of them when some ***** dived over Zaliukas’ foot at ER and was rewarded with a penalty kick rather than a booking.

Yet another non-existent spot-kick for them on Saturday and they’re still moaning.

It's frightening how much they re-write history - and how quickly!!

We went years when their only tactic in derbies was to kick us and roll around looking for fouls (due to the fact they had good set piece takers).  Murray, Riordan, all that era, all they did was basically try to cheat their way through games.  To many examples to bother my memory dragging up, but all there for anyone looking for evidence.

But we're the big, ugly cheats.  Even their famous over the line number from Olly Shaw, or whatever his name was (best youngster in Europe).  Not one paper or TV channel called it out as offside!!

This ain't any complaint - their tears are fuel.  I love all the squealing.  Do wish they'd be called out on in by those supposedly impartial though.

Just now, Byyy The Light said:

Anybody got footage of their goal being offside?  Can't find any stills or clips anywhere.

It's hard to see but Doidge moves back onside to head the ball from an offside position when the free kick was taken....so, yes, offside.

VAR would have caught this as well as Newell's dive for the penalty.

Video replays on Hearts TV.

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

That's my view as well. They are really frustrating penalties to concede because they are clumsy and not proper tackles but you would expect that to be almost always given. Don't see why it's so controversial, especially when they had just had a non-foul penalty given to them, so in the context of the game they actually got the rub of the green. 

If anyone was ever in doubt as to the Hibs bias by the EEN, you just need to go to the Facebook page today. You would never know that game ever took place on Saturday, no result , no report, nothing. 

Byyy The Light
15 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

It's hard to see but Doidge moves back onside to head the ball from an offside position when the free kick was taken....so, yes, offside.

VAR would have caught this as well as Newell's dive for the penalty.

Video replays on Hearts TV.

I think it was maybe covered on Sportscene but just wondering if there were any stills kicking about 

Wonder if there are any pictures of Rod Petrie sitting in the stands at Hampden, decked out in his SFA blazer, with a face on him that his wife thought was long gone. The face that tells his wife not to ask how the match went today.

Jambo in Bathgate
23 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Anybody got footage of their goal being offside?  Can't find any stills or clips anywhere.

I think the Premier Sports highlights showed the goal as offside. 

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

First question on a penalty should always be if it was outside the box would a foul be given. Clear as day this one was a yes.

Correct on all points, especially the first paragraph.

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Correct on all points, especially the first paragraph.

I think it's more a case of a high percentage of free kicks given outside box shouldn't be, imo.

Saturday's winner was still a stone wall foul anywhere on the pitch. 

45 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I’ll post a still later. Only 4 of them offside TBF....

joondalupjambo
22 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

I think the Premier Sports highlights showed the goal as offside. 

Yep sure did, three Hibs players off side. Linesman may have not had a clear view though based on the angles, PS said that as well.   VAR would have got it though.  

Guess the issue is do we want to continue rolling the dice up here or pay big bucks and implement VAR?   It may be forced on us regardless but a debate for another thread I think.

Edited by joondalupjambo

5 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Yep sure did, three Hibs players off side. Linesman may have not had a clear view though based on the angles, PS said that as well.   VAR would have got it though.  

Guess the issue is do we want to continue rolling the dice up here or pay big bucks and implement VAR?   It may be forced on us regardless but a debate for another thread I think.

It was very tight. The rules actually make it hard for the linesman to call without VAR as there was several players offside and he has to try and decide which players are off/on and then wait to see if any of them get a touch on the ball. The usual get out in that situation is to assume all players rushing towards goal are interfering with play (as they are), and just put the flag up. I wonder if the VAR guidelines of letting the play develop before checking VAR has unintentionally filtered down to officials not using VAR and they are just taking too long to make decisions and end up just allowing play to continue because them moment has passed. 

Carl Fredrickson

Their goal was offside, as was Smith in the first half when he received a pass wide right on the edge of their box. Both tight but both offside. 

I watched the whole game on Iplayer today and their is an angle behind their goal for our penalty that I didnt notice at the time. The penalty initially looked to me for the hobos left foot catching Aidy but the view from behind the goal shows the hobos left arm coming out and looks like pushing Aidy. 

For those that say all that White did was win the penalty, he helped in closing down their supply down their right and also hit the post with a cross. 

Kevin Nisbet could apparently be in trouble with Nicola Sturgeon for hitting a bar in Glasgow on Saturday night😁😁😁😁

2 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Kevin Nisbet could apparently be in trouble with Nicola Sturgeon for hitting a bar in Glasgow on Saturday night😁😁😁😁

Maybe we should all be giving the Nisbet banter chat a rest out of respect. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

The one in the last minute was a free kick to us as Halkett got his shirt pulled back. 

He did kickout and trip their player afterwards, nae luck tho free kick us. 

3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Pretty poor from the assistant from a dead ball. Blatant

He’s too busy doing Saturday Night Fever by the looks of it! 

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He pushed him without attempting to get the hall, apology accepted though 🤷🏾‍♂️🙈

Red card. :clyay:

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Swanny17 said:

He’s too busy doing Saturday Night Fever by the looks of it! 

If he has any fever, he should be isolating. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Red card. :clyay:

By the letter of the law, you know the bit you said was nonsense but wasn’t and you were wrong, but won’t accept or be a man and apologise, a bit like that ****ing arsehole who has cost us millions 🙈

That talk of the toun video is the first video where I've thought out penalty looked like a penalty.

That being said, lets not **** about- Collum was just sick of getting wet and couldn't face 10+ penalties in the pishing rain.

He gave Hibs a pen to get the game over with and when they couldn't get it, he gave the next possible one which happened to be us.