• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• jr ewing

3 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Really ? You need to have another  look. They created WAY more than Herts in the first 60 minutes. 

They pushed 3 forward to press which had Hearts defenders hoofing the ball up the pitch on numerous occasions because no one in midfield was dropping off for a pass.

Add to that Hearts literally fell out the game for the latter part of the 1st half.

Anyone thinking Arbroath parked the bus last night is way off the mark. 

Woops! Another “slaver cake” alert for our resident football messiah! 😉

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Woops! Another “slaver cake” alert for our resident football messiah! 😉

Folk trying to spin that pish on Friday into a positive because we won need to wake up. We should have ****ed Arbroath off the park. Same as ICT and Cowdenbeath. But we snuck wins.

We won't get that lucky everyweek, we need to be miles better. Play like that v Hibs and we'll get our arses handed to us on a plate. 

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

3 points that's all that matters, we will need to raise our game against better opposition. 

Correct on both points, however that doesn’t change the fact that it was a poor performance from quite a few players on Friday.

Edited by Thomaso

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I didn’t say without Gordon we would have lost the game - I said we COULD have lost the game!

As for the rest of your rant coming from a guy that wanted Hibs to win the cup and thought the sun shone out Levein’s arse you are an expert in bull shit!

You said we would have lost the game and then stated it as a fact.

The fact that you've brought out hibs and the cup win ( that is a fact) says to me you've admitted you're a slaver and are flailing around looking for support for someone to join in and help you and pile in.

Tragic.

A sane person would Just admit you were a bit emotional and on reflection the game wasn't as nearly as bad as they first thought and their comments about them coming at us for 90 minutes and having a massive amount of chances were a bit OTT.

Not you tho, you start the lies about me "wanting" hibs to win  the cup 5 years ago and bring up CL - again.  Really relative to this match day thread.

Stick to talking about windows and glass, you are actually a good poster on that, when it comes to Hearts you are just an emotional mess.

Your posting reminds me of Trump, says shit, forgets about it then entrenches himself, starts personal attacks, looks for support with that and ignores all rational thought and the actual facts, but states his opinion as fact and to top it off lies.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Jambos1983 said:

We were diabolical yesterday. To pretend otherwise is weird. 3 points however will always be welcome. 

nah we were diabolical at Livi in the second half in the 5-0, in the 6-2 v hibs, in the 4-0 v Falkirk, the 2-4 v st johnstone, v 0-1 v Falkirk, the 3-2 v st mirren, 6-0 v Falkirk, 0-7 at home to celtic, that's' of the top of my head.

A 1-0 away win is never diabolical, it can't be. A win in football is never diabolical, it can't be, it's impossible given the nature of the game and the points for a win.

a 1-0 away win is a good result. 

5 wins in a row is very good.

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, Barack said:

Aidy White in the 2nd half, pretty much went Forrest Gump & outsprinted two of theirs.

Then ran into the covering defender.

Other than that, there wasn't much that jumps out, no.

White is rapid.

he skinned the boy over 3 seconds and was about 10 yards in front,  then ran into the other guy as you say.

We do seem to be very thoughtful and constructive in our approach.

Anyone see Lee's first time  back heel flick thing on that totally duped them but also us?

It could have put Boyce through on goal, but was too quick for everyone.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I didn’t say without Gordon we would have lost the game - I said we COULD have lost the game!

As for the rest of your rant coming from a guy that wanted Hibs to win the cup and thought the sun shone out Levein’s arse you are an expert in bull shit!

Yeah and without Stephane Adam we could have lost the cup in 98. What's your point? We signed Craig Gordon and he did what we signed him to do. This is a good thing.

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

You said we would have lost the game and then stated it as a fact.

The fact that you've brought out hibs and the cup win ( that is a fact) says to me you've admitted you're a slaver and are flailing around looking for support for someone to join in and help you and pile in.

Tragic.

A sane person would Just admit you were a bit emotional and on reflection the game wasn't as nearly as bad as they first thought and their comments about them coming at us for 90 minutes and having a massive amount of chances were a bit OTT.

Not you tho, you start the lies about me "wanting" hibs to win  the cup 5 years ago and bring up CL - again.  Really relative to this match day thread.

Stick to talking about windows and glass, you are actually a good poster on that, when it comes to Hearts you are just an emotional mess.

Your posting reminds me of Trump, says shit, forgets about it then entrenches himself, starts personal attacks, looks for support with that and ignores all rational thought and the actual facts, but states his opinion as fact and to top it off lies.

You need to learn to read before slating anybody and accusing them of lying! I said COULD not WOULD - check it out ffs!

The only thing “tragic” is your abusive pompous posting style where everyone is an arsehole if they don’t agree with your opinions - when in fact your posting history confirms some of your opinions have been frankly hilarious! 😂

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah and without Stephane Adam we could have lost the cup in 98. What's your point? We signed Craig Gordon and he did what we signed him to do. This is a good thing.

What’s my point? My point was that Arbroath kept Craig Gordon busy enough to suggest they did not park the bus - don’t take my opinion on that - read what others had to say.

And yes of course signing Gordon was a good thing - I started a thread confirming that very thing - so what was your point?

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

nah we were diabolical at Livi in the second half in the 5-0, in the 6-2 v hibs, in the 4-0 v Falkirk, the 2-4 v st johnstone, v 0-1 v Falkirk, the 3-2 v st mirren, 6-0 v Falkirk, 0-7 at home to celtic, that's' of the top of my head.

A 1-0 away win is never diabolical, it can't be. A win in football is never diabolical, it can't be, it's impossible given the nature of the game and the points for a win.

So speaks our resident football messiah! 🙏🏽

Bazzas right boot

You need to learn to read before slating anybody and accusing them of lying! I said COULD not WOULD - check it out ffs!

The only thing “tragic” is your abusive pompous posting style where everyone is an arsehole if they don’t agree with your opinions - when in fact your posting history confirms some of your opinions have been frankly hilarious! 😂

On this thread You've came out with gems such as-

Came at us for 90 minutes. 

Had a massive amount of chances. 

And without a keeper (Gordon) we could have lost.

The worst summary of one of our games I've ever read, ever. 

We're you maybe watching Aston Villa/ Leeds or something and got mixed up. where you thinking at any point "this is quite a big stadium for Arbroath" or maybe never recognized a few players? 

Screenshot_20201024_093929_com.android.chrome.jpg

Bazzas right boot

So speaks our resident football messiah! 🙏🏽

Which part don't you agree with? 

Getting beat 13-0  is diabolical. 

Winning 1-0 is not. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

On this thread You've came out with gems such as-

Came at us for 90 minutes. 

Had a massive amount of chances. 

And without a keeper (Gordon) we could have lost.

The worst summary of one of our games I've ever read, ever. 

We're you maybe watching Aston Villa/ Leeds or something and got mixed up. where you thinking at any point "this is quite a big stadium for Arbroath" or maybe never recognized a few players? 

Screenshot_20201024_093929_com.android.chrome.jpg

So finally sneaked in a correction to my comment on Gordon! 😂

You have already published the game stats - did you forget or have you run out of insults?

And tell us, what exactly are your football credentials that you think qualifies you to be such an arrogant pompous poster on here?

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Which part don't you agree with? 

Getting beat 13-0  is diabolical. 

Winning 1-0 is not. 

The poster inferred the performance was “diabolical” not the result - a football expert such as yourself surely should have sussed that....

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So finally sneaked in a correction to my comment on Gordon! 😂

You have already published the game stats - did you forget or have you run out of insults?

And tell us, what exactly are your football credentials that you think qualifies you to be such an arrogant pompous poster on here?

I'm not arrogant or pompous, a bit of dick- granted. 

The game stats are published again so maybe you can reflect upon your previous comments and maybe say they were a bit over the top and also, you never answered my original question that I put to you. 

That question was if, as you say Arbroath had a massive amount of chances and came at us for 90 minutes-giving that we had more shots off target, more on target, more corners and 50% more possession and also won the game, how would you summarise our performance. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The poster inferred the performance was “diabolical” not the result - a football expert such as yourself surely should have sussed that....

So winning 1-0, having more possession, corners and attempts on goal is diabolical?

Do you agree that it was diabolical or just arguing for the sake of it. 

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So winning 1-0, having more possession, corners and attempts on goal is diabolical?

Do you agree that it was diabolical or just arguing for the sake of it. 

The poster used the term diabolical - I would say the performance (not the 3 points) was extremely poor - how did you rate the performance? 
As for accusing me of starting an argument! 😂

Just go away Tosh and do us both a favour!

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The poster used the term diabolical - I would say the performance (not the 3 points) was extremely poor - how did you rate the performance? 
As for accusing me of starting an argument! 😂

Just go away Tosh and do us both a favour!

So our performances was extremely poor in your opinion. 

You also thought Arbroath came at us for 90 minutes, created a massive amount of chances and without Gordon we were Likley doomed. 

Yet we had more shots off and on target, far more possession, more corners and scored the only goal. 

:notsure:

I'd rate our performance as professional, well in control for the majority of the game that resulted in a good away win. 

I'd rate Arbroaths as plucky, gave it a real go in the first half but ran out of steam in the second and faded. 

Whilst watching the game I thought we were slow and didn’t create much .. looking back at the highlights, I think Boyce should have scored at least 1, if not 2 and Wighton should have lifted his other shot when put through. It was a big difference from the Dundee game and I thought we were poor but not as bad as is being made out on here.

Also, there were a few late challenges from them which I thought should have at least been given as free kicks if not bookings. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So our performances was extremely poor in your opinion. 

You also thought Arbroath came at us for 90 minutes, created a massive amount of chances and without Gordon we were Likley doomed. 

Yet we had more shots off and on target, far more possession, more corners and scored the only goal. 

:notsure:

I'd rate our performance as professional, well in control for the majority of the game that resulted in a good away win. 

I'd rate Arbroaths as plucky, gave it a real go in the first half but ran out of steam in the second and faded. 

It was a good win away from home and if nothing else it warns the players that there are no easy games in this league.

Most teams will sit in and try and hit us on the break and we have to learn how to vary our play to grind out these wins.

I thought we lacked ideas and reverted to the long ball once we were getting no joy down the wings.

This tactic eventually worked for Wighton's goal but I really hope this is not going to be the game plan against Hibs.

8 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Whilst watching the game I thought we were slow and didn’t create much .. looking back at the highlights, I think Boyce should have scored at least 1, if not 2 and Wighton should have lifted his other shot when put through. It was a big difference from the Dundee game and I thought we were poor but not as bad as is being made out on here.

Also, there were a few late challenges from them which I thought should have at least been given as free kicks if not bookings. 

Add to that Walker trying to score from a difficult angle when he had Wighton and Boyce as options in the box.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It was a good win away from home and if nothing else it warns the players that there are no easy games in this league.

Most teams will sit in and try and hit us on the break and we have to learn how to vary our play to grind out these wins.

I thought we lacked ideas and reverted to the long ball once we were getting no joy down the wings.

This tactic eventually worked for Wighton's goal but I really hope this is not going to be the game plan against Hibs.

All fair. 

Hibs is a completely different game, I don't think the hibs game will mirror the Arbroath game in any way, although I hope it does!

I'd take a 1-0 win 😜

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Add to that Walker trying to score from a difficult angle when he had Wighton and Boyce as options in the box.

We also had probably 10/12 crosses in the box from good positions excluding the corners. Something we need to work on imo. 

We were actually All over them apart from a 15-20 minute spell in the first half, in the second half they hardly got near our box until injury time. 

Before the game I said that Arbroath will be quite happy if they get to 0-0 at halftime. I also said that if it is still 0-0 by then they'll park the bus and try and catch us on the break. I predicted a non-greedy 2-0 win. Although I had hoped a first goal would come in the first half to take the pressure off a wee bit. They would have to come out and look for a goal or the game's already over for them. I hoped that it would create some space behind them for us to run onto.

I expected us to perform better, not so much as in loads of goal-scoring chances, I wouldn't be that arrogant to think that, but to control the game with possession. The actual play was slow and torturous to watch. Possession was given up so many times/ Simple basic football. There was a lack of pace in a lot of passes that their players read well. It wasn't good enough and although we got away with it against Arbroath, it could cost us points later on in the season. I also thought at the time that as soon as we scored that goal, Neilson's first thought would be to bring on a defensive player to see out the game, which in typical Neilson style, he did. Walker should've been replaced by Naismith so that when he got the ball he could take it for a walk up the other end away from the danger areas. Another defensive player coming on almost cost us at the end with that deflected shot, it could've went anywhere. I lost the plot at that, even Gordon looked round just hoping it hadn't gone in. We have to be a lot more clever against other teams this season, particularly away from home. I let out a large sigh of relief when that final whistle went.

Edited by jambonian

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm not arrogant or pompous, a bit of dick- granted. 

The game stats are published again so maybe you can reflect upon your previous comments and maybe say they were a bit over the top and also, you never answered my original question that I put to you. 

That question was if, as you say Arbroath had a massive amount of chances and came at us for 90 minutes-giving that we had more shots off target, more on target, more corners and 50% more possession and also won the game, how would you summarise our performance. 

Game stats can be misleading though. 

Man City 2 Leicester 5

Man city had 72% possession and 5 shots on target to Leicester’s 7. 

Villa 7 Liverpool 2

Villa 30% possession and 11 shots on target to Liverpool’s 8

Not suggesting we weren’t the better team but I have lost all interest in possession stats because football has moved on from everyone trying to copy Barca and pass the ball to death and it’s now about winning the ball and moving forward at pace. 

Quoting possession stats is a bit “Cathro” for me and is the last resort of a manager who is struggling. 

I haven't even read any stat stuff on possession and the likes for years and years, no interest in it. It means eff-all. I can see on the pitch who's had the better possession during a game without all the fancy-dan stats boards. You can have 90% possession and still lose a game 1-0 through a poor back-pass, a slip, a corner that could've been avoided or a dodgy penalty. Or even just a fantastic unexpected shot of sheer brilliance that you can do nothing about.  

Just now, jambonian said:

I haven't even read any stat stuff on possession and the likes for years and years, no interest in it. It means eff-all. I can see on the pitch who's had the better possession during a game without all the fancy-dan stats boards. You can have 90% possession and still lose a game 1-0 through a poor back-pass, a slip, a corner that could've been avoided or a dodgy penalty. Or even just a fantastic unexpected shot of sheer brilliance that you can do nothing about.  

Spot on. It’s a pointless stat. 

20 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Before the game I said that Arbroath will be quite happy if they get to 0-0 at halftime. I also said that if it is still 0-0 by then they'll park the bus and try and catch us on the break. I predicted a non-greedy 2-0 win. Although I had hoped a first goal would come in the first half to take the pressure off a wee bit. They would have to come out and look for a goal or the game's already over for them. I hoped that it would create some space behind them for us to run onto.

I expected us to perform better, not so much as in loads of goal-scoring chances, I wouldn't be that arrogant to think that, but to control the game with possession. The actual play was slow and torturous to watch. Possession was given up so many times/ Simple basic football. There was a lack of pace in a lot of passes that their players read well. It wasn't good enough and although we got away with it against Arbroath, it could cost us points later on in the season. I also thought at the time that as soon as we scored that goal, Neilson's first thought would be to bring on a defensive player to see out the game, which in typical Neilson style, he did. Walker should've been replaced by Naismith so that when he got the ball he could take it for a walk up the other end away from the danger areas. Another defensive player coming on almost cost us at the end with that deflected shot, it could've went anywhere. I lost the plot at that, even Gordon looked round just hoping it hadn't gone in. We have to be a lot more clever against other teams this season, particularly away from home. I let out a large sigh of relief when that final whistle went.

When we took the lead with twenty mins to go we should have been looking to kill them off. 

They are part timers after all and would be feeling the pace at that time

Neilson has previous for this with the subs he used and trying to see out games with a slender lead against weaker teams

What it did was envigorate them towards the end and we nearly paid for it with that deflected shot that squeezed past the post. 

We got away with it but only just. 

I like Neilson BTW but we should be looking to finish off these teams not shouting for the final whistle to be blown. 😏

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

When we took the lead with twenty mins to go we should have been looking to kill them off. 

Neilson has previous for this with the subs he used and trying to see out games with a slender lead against weaker teams

What it did was envigorate them towards the end and we nearly paid for it with that deflected shot that squeezed past the post. 

I like Neilson BTW but we should be looking to finish off these teams not shouting for the final whistle to be blown. 😏

I've said the same for years about Neilson's late substitutions costing or nearly costing us and the usual suspects gave the usual replies such as Hobo, No a Jambo, anti-Neilson etc the usual guff. That was why (when we scored the other night) my thoughts went straight over to Neilson looking to make a defensive substitution, and he did within minutes. That deflection near the end....ffs! Could've been two points dropped but thankfully our luck was in. It might not be in other games during the season. I'd always rather bring on a more forward-minded player to offer an out-ball if we're against it defensively. The pressure is off if we header a ball out of the danger area and someone goes and takes it for a walk. If not, the opposition pile on the pressure and that's when goals and points are leaked.

We've conceded way too many attempts on our goal to start with. Yeah, we should have taken more of our chances but we could easily have lost goals v ICT, Cowdenbeath and Arbroath. We've been more lucky than good. 

The only complete performance this season has been Raith. Raith actually played no bad and gave us a game but our performance as a team was excellent. First half v Dundee we were good but they were dreadful bar Charlie Adam and conceded really poor goals. 

We're getting the results but we need to perform so much better than what we have. 

The centerhalfs need to do a lot better. They'll concede goals against a side that takes chances or, a better level of opposition. 

Our midfield looks better when Haring is there, other than that it has been poor. Failed to control or create enough. 

Walker anywhere but number 10 is ineffective because he's excellent at finding space when he has that freedom. Dundee couldn't deal with him. 

Without the pace of Roberts and Ginnelly we're struggling to create chances. Boyce has scored one goal from a pen. It's clear we are struggling to create good chances in the penalty box for him. The guys scored tonnes in the past, our ability to create for a number 9 has been the common denominator for a long time. 

Wightons scored from two half chances, the other two have been pens. 

We've got results against sides with about a tenth of our budget but you'd expect us to. To panic seems an overreaction because we have got results but the simple fact is our performances have been meh as **** thus far and we need to be a lot better. 

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Game stats can be misleading though. 

Man City 2 Leicester 5

Man city had 72% possession and 5 shots on target to Leicester’s 7. 

Villa 7 Liverpool 2

Villa 30% possession and 11 shots on target to Liverpool’s 8

Not suggesting we weren’t the better team but I have lost all interest in possession stats because football has moved on from everyone trying to copy Barca and pass the ball to death and it’s now about winning the ball and moving forward at pace. 

Quoting possession stats is a bit “Cathro” for me and is the last resort of a manager who is struggling. 

It can be, but it's not in this case. 

I agree that without Gordon we would’ve lost. The way things were going I doubt the players could’ve dug in and fought back being a goal down.

We had a number or chances too and should’ve scored more than just one. But Arbroath did come at us instead of parking the bus.

Anyway plenty for Robbie to think about for next week. 

51 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That’s way I seen the end of the game. I really hope Neilson has learned from the mistakes of the past. 

On 23/10/2020 at 22:23, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No they weren’t. They fluffed 3 or 4 scrappy chances, other than that every minute of the game Hearts controlled the game. 

You're joking of course!

We are going to be faced with teams that get behind the ball to frustrate us. Therefore we need players in the centre of our midfield who can pick a pass. Neither Lee or Halliday are going to do this ever and certainly playing them both is not the solution either. I hope we have Irving and Haring in these slots next Saturday and beyond. 

16 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Correct on both points, however that doesn’t change the fact that it was a poor performance from quite a few players on Friday.

Robbie's true challenge is next week let's see how he does. 

kingantti1874

I’m ****ing delighted to watch us be professional, and close out results when required.. rather for praying 🙏 for more time to scrape a draw against some shite 😂   

here’s to another 25 professional wins

52 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

We are going to be faced with teams that get behind the ball to frustrate us. Therefore we need players in the centre of our midfield who can pick a pass. Neither Lee or Halliday are going to do this ever and certainly playing them both is not the solution either. I hope we have Irving and Haring in these slots next Saturday and beyond. 

I think the league will be more difficult this time.

After our first two games they can't go toe to toe with us and open up as Dundee thought they could and if you are disciplined like Arbroath, you have the chance of getting something.  

Use Hearts as a free hit and you will get pasted.

Last time, certainly Hibs and Rangers and even QoS  Falkirk, Raith and Livvy would have started the season thinking Hearts could be got at and at least at the start, more open than they should have been.

21 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Really ? You need to have another  look. They created WAY more than Herts in the first 60 minutes. 

They pushed 3 forward to press which had Hearts defenders hoofing the ball up the pitch on numerous occasions because no one in midfield was dropping off for a pass.

Add to that Hearts literally fell out the game for the latter part of the 1st half.

Anyone thinking Arbroath parked the bus last night is way off the mark. 

This is probably what concerned me most.

I expected to struggle a few times against teams that look to frustrate us and park the bus.

But Arbroath took the game to us and had a lot more success than I expected a part time team to have agaainst us.

We got away with a close win against a side we should be hammering. But to do that when they played so openly is a warning sign and we'll need to play better than that. It was a pretty poor performance.

23 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Happy clap away mate. Like I said 3 points are always welcome. That performance was utter garbage though. Trying to dress up arbroath as a tough place to go is embarrassing 

2 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Happy clap away mate. Like I said 3 points are always welcome. That performance was utter garbage though. Trying to dress up arbroath as a tough place to go is embarrassing 

It's not even that. Had the Arbroath performance been a one off, no one would bat an eyelid but it wasn't. We've played well twice in 5 competitive games against utter trash. Our performance v Partick in the friendly at Firhill during the first half was diabolical as well, we should have been about 3 goals down at halftime. 

7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

It's not even that. Had the Arbroath performance been a one off, no one would bat an eyelid but it wasn't. We've played well twice in 5 competitive games against utter trash. Our performance v Partick in the friendly at Firhill during the first half was diabolical as well, we should have been about 3 goals down at halftime. 

Moaning about a friendly deary me 😂😂😂

No wonder Robbie left last time. 😂

Some people have gone all hibs and are demanding performances over results. In what has been a totally bizarre and cruelly unfair season he has cleared out a lot of deadwood, assembled better balanced squad, we are undefeated, scoring goals and looking tighter in defence. Great building blocks for the season ahead. Are we the finished article ? No but jeez the constant tantrums after every win is ridiculous. 

Next week is a big game but should not define our season giving what we have had to put up with. You can just smell the stench of the breaths of those absolutely dying to get tore into him after this game. I hope to **** we win but he should not live or die on this game giving the circumstances we’ve had to put up with going into it. 

30 minutes ago, Dazo said:

No wonder Robbie left last time. 😂

Some people have gone all hibs and are demanding performances over results. In what has been a totally bizarre and cruelly unfair season he has cleared out a lot of deadwood, assembled better balanced squad, we are undefeated, scoring goals and looking tighter in defence. Great building blocks for the season ahead. Are we the finished article ? No but jeez the constant tantrums after every win is ridiculous. 

Next week is a big game but should not define our season giving what we have had to put up with. You can just smell the stench of the breaths of those absolutely dying to get tore into him after this game. I hope to **** we win but he should not live or die on this game giving the circumstances we’ve had to put up with going into it. 

I wouldn’t be rushing to criticise supporters wanting strong performances. It’s what results are borne out of. 

Any team anywhere that’s taken a downturn (like us) has to get back to high standards again.  Of course, it’s about results but I don’t think we’ve set a bar yet that we can happily dismiss average performances which are happening a bit too often still. 

Id like to think because we still eek’d a win out that it’s a sign of us recovering the ability to win while not being great. No arguing from me that that’s not a good facet to have.  

But you look over the past at Hearts and most new managers raise standards, get wins and make us enjoyable to watch again.

Then in time you come to accept off colour performances because it’s not the norm.  

Edited by Debut 4