• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

8 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Really interesting video. Neilson clearly doesn't think too much of him and wants to start Boyce on Friday, when you look at this video

Read Neilson's Lips

Twitter

https://t.co/dgRjY8Vg6r

:rofl:

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If I was Wighton and seen that I’d be really disappointed in Neilson’s reaction.

Why? Looks like neilson is realising wighton could bring, looks like he was admiring his goal. He’d already said Wighton would feature a lot this season. 

10 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Really interesting video. Neilson clearly doesn't think too much of him and wants to start Boyce on Friday, when you look at this video

Read Neilson's Lips

Twitter

Clearly 😕

34 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Great goal at end hope I am proved wrong but his level is championship 

That's alright that's the level we are in

12 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Read Neilson's Lips

Twitter

What a lot of tosh. 

9 minutes ago, been here before said:

He scores when he wants...

That is a superb goal - delighted for the lad AND the team! Really hope this gives him the confidence to kick on!

On 13/09/2020 at 12:36, DS98 said:

Fancy a wee charity bet? 

I’ll go for 12 goals for Wighton this season 

On 13/09/2020 at 19:41, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Sure £100? I’ll be delighted to pay out by the way! 👍

9 to go . .

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

9 to go . .

As I said I’ll be delighted to pay out! 👍

manaliveits105
7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Think you’re looking too much into it.

think he realises he has a headache selection which is good. Nothing wrong with that at all. Think he might also be admiring the goal. Let’s all settle

This

magicjohnston
15 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Read Neilson's Lips

Twitter

to me it looks like he is saying "finally", which I think it more relief that he's finally got that competitive goal from open play.

I'm not wightons biggest fan, but hope he kicks on now, think he just needs confidence which was completely sucked out of him when hung out to dry by Craig Levein, who had no choice but to play him as a long striker when he first arrived due to injuries of others.

Gordon Ramsay

The 3rd goal really was excellent. Obviously the goals make him a stand out tonight but his overall performance was pretty good I thought. Maybe he could be useful this season after all. 

vlad on the tyne
13 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Read Neilson's Lips

Twitter

Its probably because Wighton offered the square route of f'all in the second half but goes and does something like that to get his hat trick. Wighton took his penalties well and cracking goal to seal hat trick but overall thought he struggled to hold up the ball and effectively link the play against a pretty poor defence.  

Well done on the hat trick but can and must do better 

wattie exploited

played well tonight put a shift in easily his best game so far and a great 3 rd goal  hope this now gives him the confidence to kick on  credit where credit is due well done tonight Craig :rifle:

magicjohnston
2 minutes ago, magicjohnston said:

to me it looks like he is saying "finally", which I think it more relief that he's finally got that competitive goal from open play.

I'm not wightons biggest fan, but hope he kicks on now, think he just needs confidence which was completely sucked out of him when hung out to dry by Craig Levein, who had no choice but to play him as a long striker when he first arrived due to injuries of others.

infact, watching again. Its like he says "Finally Lee, a goal".

Folk desperate to find fault, are definite trolls. another win, another ground out result. A peter haring 90mins.

On to pumping Dundee. 

been here before

Thats him scored more than Lawrence "we missed the boat" Shankland so far.

Thatll upaet a couple of the more enthusiastic bangers tonight.

2 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Hearts striker scores a hat trick.

"HE NEEDS TO DO BETTER"

Hope he can keep it up, but I have my doubts etc. :D 

12 minutes ago, magicjohnston said:

That's my take too. Robbie can't be anything other than delighted in Wightons performance tonight. 3 goals, worked hard, was direct. A confidence booster for the lad. And it all bodes well for us this season having strikers that all offer something different 

4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Why can't some folk just be happy for the lad with no added negatives? 🙃

Edited by Dallas Green

4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

ok - but Hearts striker scored a hat trick, can't easily remember last time that was said

Just now, Dallas Green said:

Why can't some folk just be happy for the lad with no added negatives? 🙃

Indeed. I completely agree. 

In answer to your question, I’d say it’s because there are some Hearts supporters who genuinely believe they would make good managers. They think they could do a better job than whomever is in the dugout.

1 minute ago, geomac said:

ok - but Hearts striker scored a hat trick, can't easily remember last time that was said

I was being facetious, I couldn’t agree more.

Absolute Scenes
19 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Hearts striker scores a hat trick.

"HE NEEDS TO DO BETTER"

Unbelievable eh

utter thickheads on this forum like. It’s worrying

More than happy to be proved wrong on Wighton 😁, pens were top notch (take note Walker!) and 3rd goal was a beaut. Hope that's the spark he needs...

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Think I said 7 goals for Wighton this season?🤔

Wishing injury on him? Despicable.

Dear Craig Wighton

id like to unreservedly apologise for saying you were shite. It was early it wasn’t right.

youve got work to do but criticism of late hasn’t been just. A hattrick in any competition is impressive, keep up the good work son!

sincerely,

a hearts fan

buzzing for you to prove me and many others on here wrong 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Perrykitch said:

Dear Craig Wighton

id like to unreservedly apologise for saying you were shite. It was early it wasn’t right.

youve got work to do but criticism of late hasn’t been just. A hattrick in any competition is impressive, keep up the good work son!

sincerely,

a hearts fan

buzzing for you to prove me and many others on here wrong 

And so say all of us. 

Think I’m eating shit after that! 😂 cracking performance from Wighton. A hatrick is a great result for him, but it’s his solo goal which really excites me. Very cool finish, often worry when strikers get too much time to think. It being from free play rather than a pen/ free kick should help his confidence.  

Reckon he’s going to benefit big time from the lack of fans, very much back in his hands to stake his claim. He’ll be buzzing after that and rightly so. 

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

3rd goal is an absolute belter. Him and Boyce to start on Friday. He can’t be dropped after a hat trick. No chance. 

Yeas he can. 2 penalties and a decent run at a championship defence? There's still improvement in him hopefully but he wasn't that amazing tonight 

Just now, jager man said:

Yeas he can. 2 penalties and a decent run at a championship defence? There's still improvement in him hopefully but he wasn't that amazing tonight 

Not saying he was. He took his pens well and the 3rd was class. He still looked reluctant to show at times and doesn’t always link play well. He’s scored a hat trick tho and I can’t see him being dropped. He’ll play in a 2 along side Boyce. 

I would love him to keep on scoring. But I  felt he still made a lot of wrong/bad moves/decisions tonight.  Don't want to be too down on him  as I've always stuck up for him as i think there is a player there. Massively improved i must admit but still as a bit to go.

Byyy The Light

Delighted for him and the win. We’d all give our left bollock to score a hattrick for Hearts in a competitive game. Same again Friday 

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Not saying he was. He took his pens well and the 3rd was class. He still looked reluctant to show at times and doesn’t always link play well. He’s scored a hat trick tho and I can’t see him being dropped. He’ll play in a 2 along side Boyce. 

I think Boyce will start up top. He's a much better finisher and we need someone to get on the end of things. I think Wighton could play wide in the 3 behind Boyce instead of Roberts or Frear.

2 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Read Neilson's Lips

Twitter

We all see the ******* h8ll. What we don't see and what followed went like this. 

I've telt Liam that he's number one and starts every game and now I've got a ******* Kenny Dalglish on my hands. I am in the know. 🙂

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think Boyce will start up top. He's a much better finisher and we need someone to get on the end of things. I think Wighton could play wide in the 3 behind Boyce instead of Roberts or Frear.

I think Boyce will start up top as well. I think we seen 352 tonight for a reason as I think we may play that on Friday. Boyce and Wighton up top. 

He was outstanding tonight.

Shades of Jamie Vardy in his runs and movement, especially first half. Great finish for the 3rd.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

He scores when he wants...

Thanks for posting that.

The Commentary. Sometimes it just works. I am over the moon for him.