***Official Heart of Midlothian vs No Shame Rovers match thread***

neilnunb

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Great pic - and well deserved.  He clearly has plenty technical ability,  two footed, can finish - maybe he was just in a crap team and low in confidence with his own injuries last season.  Time well tell,  but there is a player in there for sure.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• Takeshi kovac

Pasquale for King

What a goal from Wighton, he’s looked good tonight using his pace.
Jordan Roberts just goes back the way all the time, can see him being targeted by the fans when we return.

Stewart looked good too. Didn’t expect Haring to play 90 minutes, strolled it.
Good performance, thought Raith played some good stuff too.Keep an eye on Duku this season. 

Was I watching the same game as some of you? Not our strongest team yet it was entertaining to watch, delighted for CW and the gk is a safe confident pair of hands. Think with a full strength team we will whip Dundee.

Robbie said FFs as he realised C W changes his team for Friday. He can’t say to C W after tonight your on the bench 

2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Great post Clerry.  Hat trick plus 15? This guy has utterly rocketed in my estimation.

2nd half crap, however a wins a win, on we go. Thrilled for CW that’ll do him zero harm but most impressed by Stewart in goal. Very good performance from him 👍🏻

Should give Robbie something to think about. Lee, Roberts, Ginnley have done nothing to deserve starts ahead of any of ones who started tonight.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

he looked pissed off

Having to drop him on Friday,  making the man management a bit harder 

Hopefully that gives Wighton some confidence.

Tonight showed we have options if needed for central defence.

McGill(injured?)and Cochrane showed they are an option in middle of park.

Frear, Roberts and Ginnelly failed to impress.

3 minutes ago, Tynehead said:

Hope you placed your bet.

I certainly did, but should have gone with the gut and put a bit more on.  Damn. :) 

1 minute ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

McGill has to start. Well played lad 👏🏼

What's the background to this player? I'm struggling to keep up with the new signings.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Sigma One said:

40/1 on Wighton to score a hattrick. Worth 50p

:greatpost:

3 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

0-1

3 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Brutal line up. Absolutely brutal. 

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Does the truncated bit not mean they should have more energy less games. 

Don't get that to be honest. 

However I think it's been made clear we aren't really bothered about League Cup 

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

That line up is a piss take.

Imagine we lose and have to win at New Bayview, where we always seem to struggle, to qualify? 🤣

Oh Robbie, I hope you know what you're doing...

2 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Wtf is that team?!

I had most of them for the cowdenbeath lineup.  I am missing something.......

Changeing my score to 1-1.

2 hours ago, cruzabic said:

Worst team line up I've ever seen in my time of supporting hearts 

2 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Phoodle isn’t bothered about this cup

The rest of the posts..... 

:awful:

Penalty saved! Joe Malin (Brora Rangers) fails to capitalise on this great opportunity

Penalty saved! Joe Malin (Brora Rangers) fails to capitalise on this great opportunity,

Penalty saved! Daniel Higgins (Cove Rangers) fails to capitalise on this great opportunity

Penalty saved! Colin Williamson (Brora Rangers) fails to capitalise on this great opportunity

I think I could do a job as a BBC reporter.

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

:greatpost:

The rest of the posts..... 

:awful:

What's your point?

Very pleased with the win. Bit of a mixed bag of a performance though.

If I were being unkind, I’d say that we looked as if we wanted to play football, but weren’t quite good enough to pull it off. Lots of nice movement off the ball, a lot of decent passing, but for the most part not a lot of end product. We didn’t create a lot of clear cut chances despite oodles of possession. There were also some truly bizarre moments - two long backward passes from attacking positions that went nowhere near a Hearts player spring to mind.

However, lots of positives as well. Bar a few positions, it was a second string team. Stewart looked the part in goal and had no chance with the goal. Haring strolled it. Kingsley looked very composed. Cochrane showed what he can do in flashes. And that was a cracker of a third goal from Wighton - he had a lot of work to do, and did it brilliantly. That’s what we’ve been told he is capable of, but that’s the first time he has shown it in a match. Hopefully he will take a lot of confidence from that.

One last thing: I know Olly Lee has never been the paciest of players, but tonight he looked like he can’t actually run.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Having to drop him on Friday,  making the man management a bit harder 

Wonder if he could get a game in a front 3 or the three behind the striker?

He's shown more than Frear and Roberts in particular.

Kidd’s Boots
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

What's the background to this player? I'm struggling to keep up with the new signings.

Young lad from the Academy, 18 year old I think. Got his debut against Cowdenbeath on Saturday

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Wonder if he could get a game in a front 3 or the three behind the striker?

He's shown more than Frear and Roberts in particular.

Think the teams already picked 

Henderson , Moore  and probably Cochrane aren't going to make it with Hearts I'm afraid . 

Kimgsley looks a tremendous signing , right up there with Halliday . 

Haring looked like Haring and there might just be a player in Wighton . 

Lee , Roberts and Ginelly have it all to prove and both fullbacks give me the fear . 

All in all a decent preseason now for the real thing . 

If you removed the clock from the top left corner you would think we were running the clock down no matter when you tuned in. We don’t seem to have any tempo - it’s all slow and ponderous with so many backwards passes. 

I’m very happy tonight. Don’t give a shit that it’s only Raith. They’re in our league and  they never really looked in our class. HHGH. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

In life, not sure? 

Ah, ok. 

Open to discuss. Truncated season players should not get tired at end of it.

Someone else actually made a valid point,  Dundee didn't play tonight. 

That was a decent post

Bazzas right boot

3 wins, pretty much through in the group, job done. 

Wighton a bit more confidence, rest of team got a good work out and a few young lads got a run out. 

Dundee next in line, Robbie doing what he dies- getting the job done. 

Unspectacular, but never in any danger in any off the games. 

Good stuff. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Delighted I ignored your advice and put the bet on. What a cracker to round the night of. 

I'm glad you didn't take my advice too  👍

Love optimism being rewarded 

Just now, skinnybob72 said:

If you removed the clock from the top left corner you would think we were running the clock down no matter when you tuned in. We don’t seem to have any tempo - it’s all slow and ponderous with so many backwards passes. 

Haring & Wighton aside, it was abysmal. 

Sure , given the changes, it was going to be disjointed but it was never that good.

A Shoreditch Heart

oh my gawd that was a long 90 minutes  , but we've all suffered a lot worse many times over the years. fantastic third goal 

Just now, ramrod said:

Henderson , Moore  and probably Cochrane aren't going to make it with Hearts I'm afraid . 

Kimgsley looks a tremendous signing , right up there with Halliday . 

Haring looked like Haring and there might just be a player in Wighton . 

Lee , Roberts and Ginelly have it all to prove and both fullbacks give me the fear . 

All in all a decent preseason now for the real thing . 

Couldn't agree with this more - mirrors my thoughts exactly.  Kingsley is a top player,    Haring has that ability to play with his head up and have time on the ball.  Halliday will be a mainstay I reckon once he get's match fit but that's a few weeks away yet.   Roberts, Ginelly and Frear will frustrate but at least gives us plenty of options.    Brandon not mentioned by you but also at his age,  I can't see him being the future along with Henderson, Moore and unfortunately Cochrane too.    

Could watch Wighton's third all night. Great, direct running and a thoroughly clinical finish.

Never thought he was good enough for the top league but if he keeps that type of performance up over this season I'll thoroughly hope he's with us back in the top league. Well done.

Lots of positives there. Surprising that our best performance has come with a second string side, maybe too slow with Halkett, Popescu, Lee and Walker in the side. 

Plus points:

Haring 90 mins

Wighton breaking his duck in great style 

Cochrane looking decent 

Good debut from Kingsley 

Keeper looks better than Bobby and Doyle already 

We've definitely got the basis of a strong first XI. Just needs a bit of a fine tune. 

Really looking forward to Friday I have a feeling we will see what this team is capable of, never going to bust a gut in this section, real life starts v Dundee.

3 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

This

There is no pace or urgency. 

We brought in three new wingers and none have done particularly well so far tbh. 

2 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Think Brandon needs to get nearer to his man, to many times he's trying to get to him when he's 10 yards away!!!

His decision making as a defender is pretty awful tbh. 😏