• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• Takeshi kovac

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, BervieJambo said:

Shocked at some of the comments on here... seems like that we can’t slag off Wighton, we have to have a go at others instead.

Brandon looked quite solid and assured, as he has done all 3 matches so far. I have no concerns when he’s in the team.

Cochrane, though understandably a little rusty, looked the part.

Moore played better than any of our new wingers have this season.

Maybe I was watching a different match to everyone else?

Definitely, much better tonight. Lots of positives. Looking forward to Friday now. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

When Roberts broke forward and just had a slow tired CH to beat and turned back was unbelievable, he’s not lacking in confidence either. He turned back every time he got the ball. 

Fair observation, although I did think we lacked numbers in the box so maybe he looked up, thought nope and decided to keep possession, or maybe he's as you say. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

We're obviously going to attack when possible but if there's nothing on, we're going to focus on keeping possession which can mean passing it back to start again or switch flanks and stretch the opposition. That's very obviously how we're going to play. Hopefully with more sharpness and with the confidence of playing in a winning team, some players - Frear, Roberts and Ginnelly especially - will get braver when it comes to taking players on rather than taking the safe option.

Passing and interplay is encouraging. Lacking quality and sharpness in the final third but we have yet to field our starting 11.

Better idea maybe a week on Friday 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Great idea - suggest you comment on the performance of the team rather than digging up previous posts from others. 👍

I never originally quoted you, so shhhhh. 

Away and fight someone else. 

The other posters quoted have taken it in the jest intended. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, BervieJambo said:

Shocked at some of the comments on here... seems like that we can’t slag off Wighton, we have to have a go at others instead.

Brandon looked quite solid and assured, as he has done all 3 matches so far. I have no concerns when he’s in the team.

I've been a big defender of Brandon,  but I don't think he is improving. Not a White fan either,  Brandon will do as a back up though 

16 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

None of our wingers seemed to want to try to beat a man today. Which I found puzzling.

I think Robbie needs to put rockets up the arses of Roberts and Ginnelly.  Very lazy out of possession and not threatening with it.  I would prefer Frear and Moore until the buck their ideas up.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Wish we had him last season!

Livingston 3rd choice better than Manchester United 3rd choice shocker 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Wish we had him last season!

Livis first and second choice must be good too, better than what we had last season. He caught every cross. Wasn’t expecting him to impress as much with a makeshift defence/team in front of him. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I never originally quoted you, so shhhhh. 

Away and fight someone else. 

The other posters quoted have taken it in the jest intended. 

Take your own advice

Stay on topic

I thought it was a thoroughly professional performance this evening. Would have been a clean sheet apart a ‘genius goal’ by Raith. Overall a well deserved result. It’s looking good for season 20/21!

Keep up the good work Hearts!

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair observation, although I did think we lacked numbers in the box so maybe he looked up, thought nope and decided to keep possession, or maybe he's as you say. 

Quite possibly, I think crosses will need to be of the low version this season anyway with our forwards. He was a bit frustrating tonight but plenty time to come good. 

alwaysthereinspirit
46 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

Bet deep down he feels shit winning another game. 

I’d rather we win playing badly right now than lose playing like 1970 Brazil.

Plenty of room for improvement.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I don’t think he’s United third choice but he’s better than all three we had last season. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, much better than Saturday. its given Neilson a bit of a headache ffs 😆

I was thinking the same thing Pasquale. Hopefully Neilson will pick the best XI come Friday. Its nice to have a manager again who makes well considered substitutions and not just random replacements. Also Seeing local McGill do so well was a real joy and should be a huge inspiration for those working hard to make the final steps into the first team.  

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Passing and interplay is encouraging. Lacking quality and sharpness in the final third but we have yet to field our starting 11.

Better idea maybe a week on Friday 

Our play in the final third was frustrating. We got in great positions but our final pass was invariably poor.

Edited by Thomaso

Hope we start scoring more from open play. Penalties an corners are welcome but we need more goals like CW’s 3rd tonight. Hoping Boyce etc will be the answer. 

7 minutes ago, VikingHeart said:

I was thinking the same thing Pasquale. Hopefully Neilson will pick the best XI come Friday. Its nice to have a manager again who makes well considered substitutions and not just random replacements. Also Seeing local McGill do so well was a real joy and should be a huge inspiration for those working hard to make the final steps into the first team.  

Yeah agree McGill was pleasing to watch , very impressed.

28 minutes ago, BervieJambo said:

Agree - I’m puzzled by the slagging received by Brandon and Cochrane. Both were fine and played their part in the win. The game was entertaining for the most part and I thought we played as a unit until the multiple subs started coming on.

jambogirlglasgow
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

What's the background to this player? I'm struggling to keep up with the new signings.

Not a new signing as I understand it- a young lad from the Academy. Just thought he looked really composed tonight and looked for the ball. He’s also a good size for a young boy. 👏🏼

Can’t believe count duku got man of the match. Was a good goal but only played bout 65 minutes and camera panned onto him drinking yazoo strawberry milk!

27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

:greatpost:

😀  I mean, what's that about.  Hope we sign him, chuck the other two. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, VikingHeart said:

Lads came out of nowhere, looks composed and wants the ball. Hope we see a bit of the lads this season. 

1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

A mention to Ross Stewart, didnt make a single error. Very solid backup.

Yes. A commendable performance.

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Can’t believe count duku got man of the match. Was a good goal but only played bout 65 minutes and camera panned onto him drinking yazoo strawberry milk!

I am not a fan of giving motm out when the match is still playing.  It is bonkers.  Wighton took it with that last goal, not saying his two penalties were bad.  To be fair, scoring two penalties against Jamie mac is just as good 👍 

13 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

That's disgusting. Chocolate is the best!

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Hope we start scoring more from open play. Penalties an corners are welcome but we need more goals like CW’s 3rd tonight. Hoping Boyce etc will be the answer. 

Goals like that come as teams push up and open up. 

No surprise that came from our own box and then Wighton was 1 on 1 when we were 2-1 up late on.

Few opportunities for that whe we have possession and the opposition happily sit in. 

Scoring more earlier goals help that as well. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

CornhillHearts
10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Well done Aaron. Hoping my copy comes in the post today.

9 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

very good piece - well written - you can both be proud.

9 hours ago, Laurie said:

Great article from Aaron, as I mentioned on Twitter he did all the work and it was really well put together. I just had the easy job of passing the content to the relevant person at Tynecastle 😀

9 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Brilliant from the young lad.

Wish him all the best in the future in whatever he decides to do.

Done a good job there mate 👍👍👍👍

8 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I enjoyed reading that. I’d be proud too

8 hours ago, tian447 said:

When I clicked the link, I was expecting him to have been given a paragraph, or possibly a column down half a page - instead, I see he's been given 4 whole pages, more or less bang in the centre of the programme! 

Well written, and what a fantastic experience for him.  Top stuff  :thumbsup: 

Thanks all, surely the hard copy will be a collectors item in years to come? 

As far as I’m aware the  first Electronic Hearts programme, coupled with a Craig Wighton hat trick.

If Craig’s looking for one I’ve got a few in the house!

7 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Yes. A commendable performance.

I agree, he seemed to be in control (unlike some of the other goalies apart from Gordon) However he should get some more tattoos (like Gorgie rules etc.) as I think his neck tattoo really stands out.

2 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

Thanks all, surely the hard copy will be a collectors item in years to come? 

As far as I’m aware the  first Electronic Hearts programme, coupled with a Craig Wighton hat trick.

If Craig’s looking for one I’ve got a few in the house!

Craig’s family are buying them all up at a premium I hear. 

42 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3049050/amp/Forget-sports-drinks-CHOCOLATE-MILK-best-workout-Beverage-nutrients-body-needs-recover.html

Used to train with a scottish international athlete who swore by this stuff. Not to be used for sitting around doing nothing. But a high level recovery drink.

5 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

You obviously weren't around in the late 70s early 80s. Trust me as much as I'm not impressed with that line up I've seen a hell of a lot worse. 

You are correct I am short of that by almost 20/30 years

6 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Remember the time Valois was given motm? Big De Vries had other ideas.

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, much better tonight. Lots of positives. Looking forward to Friday now. 

Sadly a good few are only to happy to right off the careers of Cochrane, Moore and Brandon.

Would I have taken 3-1 before a baw was kicked? Damn right I would have. 

So more than happy to take 3-1 after the final whistle.

Wighton's 3rd goal shows what he is capable of when he has a bit of confidence.

I hope he can kick on and go a on a wee run now.

Edited by DG_HMFC

2 hours ago, Whatever said:

Robbie Neilson in the dugout = Hearts victory more often than not.

It’s as simple and as straightforward as that.

It certainly should be, but sadly it won't be too long until folk start whining about style over substance.

10 hours ago, S Form said:

Agree - I’m puzzled by the slagging received by Brandon and Cochrane. Both were fine and played their part in the win. The game was entertaining for the most part and I thought we played as a unit until the multiple subs started coming on.

Brandon played about 3 or 4 hospital balls back towards the defence in that second half. He was decent enough going forward but gave away stupid fouls that took the pressure off Raith. I'd like to see him doing well but he just doesn't seem to concentrate for the full game.

1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

Brandon played about 3 or 4 hospital balls back towards the defence in that second half. He was decent enough going forward but gave away stupid fouls that took the pressure off Raith. I'd like to see him doing well but he just doesn't seem to concentrate for the full game.

I like Brandon but his defending is rash. He constantly rushes in and is left stranded.

Hopefully better coaching under Robbie will improve him.

If I was disappointed about anything last night, it was the lack of impact from the so-called better players, when they came on.

I was expecting the wide guys to really test the tired back line but nothing much really happened from Ginelly, Roberts or Walker.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

4 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Albion rovers 15 Stranraer 14 on penalties .....ffs

Typical, had Over 29.5 pens on the coupon as well.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Sadly a good few are only to happy to right off the careers of Cochrane, Moore and Brandon.

Hopefully they and the rest of the youngsters have coaches in place now that will help them progress. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

If I was disappointed about anything last night, it was the lack of impact from the so-called better players, when they came on.

I was expecting the wide guys to really test the tired back line but nothing much really happened from Ginelly, Roberts or Walker.

Definitely, they almost slowed the game down to see it out as opposed to trying to make an impact on the front foot, possibly under orders though.