• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• Takeshi kovac

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Really looking forward to Friday I have a feeling we will see what this team is capable of, never going to bust a gut in this section, real life starts v Dundee.

Yip, full tilt 

Job done, with a much changed team. More game time for Haring , to get his fitness levels back up was a positive . Hard to judge with the younger players , as the team was changed so much ( Although the jury is out still with me on Moore & Henderson)

Thought Police

Tbh, it’s been quite ugly, but it’s the first time we appear to have navigated this group without a major drama. Usually drop points somewhere along the way. 9 points from 9 can’t be sneezed at. I’ll take 27 wins like that this season.

avhudtheteeshirt
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Gordon 

Smith  ??? Halkett Kingsley 

Halliday Lee

Ginnelly Naismith Walker 

Boyce 

Wild guess. Not what I would pick myself 

We have to go 2 up front in all games!!!

Rosewell Hearts
13 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

What's the background to this player? I'm struggling to keep up with the new signings.

Scott Mcgill been with hearts since 9 year old top talent two footed great technical abilities and great core strength,great young talent and a big hearts supporter to.

Edited by Rosewell Hearts

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, avhudtheteeshirt said:

We have to go 2 up front in all games!!!

I think that is more like 4 up top in truth 

24 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

All down to the "means business" skinhead.

Alas, more likely it's the lack of pressure from the stands

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Tbh, it’s been quite ugly, but it’s the first time we appear to have navigated this group without a major drama. Usually drop points somewhere along the way. 9 points from 9 can’t be sneezed at. I’ll take 27 wins like that this season.

To be fair,  it was only Andy Irving registration that caused a problem 2 years ago 

I really hope our new wide players Roberts, frear and ginnelly are going to take it up a few levels because really unimpressed so far especially Roberts. Always wants to go back the way take some responsibility son!

2 minutes ago, Rosewell Hearts said:

Been with hearts since 9 year old top talent two footed great technical abilities and great core strength,great young talent and a big hearts supporter to.

Wish him the best. I’d imagine he will be let go on a free in 2 years. 

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

:greatpost:

The rest of the posts..... 

:awful:

Is having a pop at Hearts fans on here all you live for Tosh? 🤔

Thought Police
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

To be fair,  it was only Andy Irving registration that caused a problem 2 years ago 

Damn, so it was.

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Could watch Wighton's third all night. Great, direct running and a thoroughly clinical finish.

Never thought he was good enough for the top league but if he keeps that type of performance up over this season I'll thoroughly hope he's with us back in the top league. Well done.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Stay on topic please. 👍

2 minutes ago, Rosewell Hearts said:

Been with hearts since 9 year old top talent two footed great technical abilities and great core strength,great young talent and a big hearts supporter to.

He certainly did not disappoint tonight .

he looks a player in the making.

3 minutes ago, Rosewell Hearts said:

Scott Mcgill been with hearts since 9 year old top talent two footed great technical abilities and great core strength,great young talent and a big hearts supporter to.

Was a hard game against Cowdenbeath but thought he did well but tonight he was very good. Composure on the ball for an 18 year old in this type of game was very pleasing.

Footballfirst

Time for Wighton to inherit the Dennis Wyness chant?

........  he used to be sh:te,  

But now he's alwight

Walking in a Wighton wonderland

We were grim. No excuses. A good few of our forwards and midfielders seem to think that when we attack the main thing to do is pass 40 yards backwards. We are no better than last season.

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

:greatpost:

The rest of the posts..... 

:awful:

👏 it took you 46,000 posts before you finally got something right.

🤣

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

People not rating cochrane tonight 🤦🏻‍♂️

He misplaced some passes but that's been a feature of the first 3 games for a lot of players (apart from Haring who looks immense already). That's absolutely down to rustiness. It was great to see Cochrane back. That pass in the first half was sublime. Like Irving he's a player who's always looking for the killer pass and has the ability to pull it off. More so than Lee I think, who hasn't impressed so far this season.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

3 games in and I’m tired of his pish already. 

Decent win tonight and hopefully a similar result on Friday to justify the rather maverick selection. 😁

avhudtheteeshirt

Not sure about the comment on Hearts have been back in training longer than everyone else?

Must have forgot we were stopped after 1 week???

Absolute Scenes
11 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Rightfully

he was crap

what game we’re you watching?

mcgill was miles ahead of him tonight. Boy needs a rocket if he wants to keep playing for us

Considering the three teams we have played we do not create many clear cut chances, which is a bit of a worry. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

We were grim. No excuses. A good few of our forwards and midfielders seem to think that when we attack the main thing to do is pass 40 yards backwards. We are no better than last season.

🤣 It's called ball retention. While we'll get sharper and will move the ball around better, get used to us putting the emphasis on patient build-up and keeping possession. It's how we'll romp the Championship. Against Hibs I think we'll see a different tempo though.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stay on topic please. 👍

Great idea - suggest you comment on the performance of the team rather than digging up previous posts from others. 👍

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

But now he's alwight

When he scores the winner in the semi 🤞🙏

McGill anyone? I thought he looked very composed, does the simple thing and always made himself available, covered a lot of ground too.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Doc Rob said:

None of our wingers seemed to want to try to beat a man today. Which I found puzzling.

So frustrating. Instead of cutting in towards the box they just run in straight lines. Baffling. Ginnelly I think will be a good player and Frear looks decent too. Roberts needs to really turn up or he’ll be warming the bench this season

13 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Thought McGill outshone him tbh 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

None of our wingers seemed to want to try to beat a man today. Which I found puzzling.

When Roberts broke forward and just had a slow tired CH to beat and turned back was unbelievable, he’s not lacking in confidence either. He turned back every time he got the ball. 

20 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

A mention to Ross Stewart, didnt make a single error. Very solid backup.

Wish we had him last season!

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

🤣 It's called ball retention. While we'll get sharper and will move the ball around better, get used to us putting the emphasis on patient build-up and keeping possession. It's how we'll romp the Championship. Against Hibs I think we'll see a different tempo though.

Patient build up!! We got two dodgy penalties and one decent goal not from patient build up. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

When Roberts broke forward and just had a slow tired CH to beat and turned back was unbelievable, he’s not lacking in confidence either. He turned back every time he got the ball. 

Yup noticed that.

Quite entertaining match with lots of young talent and relatively fresh faces on the park. Great selection by Neilson and well done by the players on the field. Really looking forward to the match on Friday after this.

9 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Wish him the best. I’d imagine he will be let go on a free in 2 years. 

So you do.  Why did you guys only name 4 subs tonight?

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yup noticed that.

I’m not convinced in Roberts so far but I’ll give him a bit more time tho.

Shocked at some of the comments on here... seems like that we can’t slag off Wighton, we have to have a go at others instead.

Brandon looked quite solid and assured, as he has done all 3 matches so far. I have no concerns when he’s in the team.

Cochrane, though understandably a little rusty, looked the part.

Moore played better than any of our new wingers have this season.

Maybe I was watching a different match to everyone else?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, VikingHeart said:

Quite entertaining match with lots of young talent and relatively fresh faces on the park. Great selection by Neilson and well done by the players on the field. Really looking forward to the match on Friday after this.

Absolutely, much better than Saturday. its given Neilson a bit of a headache ffs 😆

Came on expecting mostly positive posts... How can we win 3-1 and still not be happy? Have a word KB 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 3 wins out of 3 but we're shite... No better or worse than last season? Reminds me of a bloke who sat behind me and did nothing but moan during the 7-1 win v Dunvermin!! Youngsters done well and Haring lasting 90 mins is massive for us. We will only get better too. Be happy 😌👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Damn, so it was.

Did draw with Raith though. The games have been managed. Neilson was that way inclined last time. 

See if we can put in a performance at Bayview for once in the next game 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Patient build up!! We got two dodgy penalties and one decent goal not from patient build up. 

We're obviously going to attack when possible but if there's nothing on, we're going to focus on keeping possession which can mean passing it back to start again or switch flanks and stretch the opposition. That's very obviously how we're going to play. Hopefully with more sharpness and with the confidence of playing in a winning team, some players - Frear, Roberts and Ginnelly especially - will get braver when it comes to taking players on rather than taking the safe option.

Pasquale for King
Just now, One five said:

I’m not convinced in Roberts so far but I’ll give him a bit more time tho.

He’s not done anything of note so far, looks a bit lackadaisical. Needs to speed it up a bit but it’s obviously early days. 

14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

But now he's alwight

Too early imo. 

I don’t think tonight was bad as some are making out.  Well in control bar twenty mins second half and even then quite comfortable against a hungry team that at least tried to play football too.

Cant wait for Friday evening.  

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

👏 it took you 46,000 posts before you finally got something right.

🤣

😂😂😂👍