Draft beer machines @ home

graygo

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Not Edinburgh but there is The Keg Mart in Whitburn. 

Waz's in Uphall

Bankton DayToDAy by Livi South station 

Day To Day in Blackburn (Rowan Street)

Realise they may be a bit out the way but worth remembering if you're out this way. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Sooperstar

• Tott

• muldoon74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

davemclaren
6 hours ago, OBE said:

Maybe just on my last visit. Yes plenty, but predominantly just lager...

Yes, mainly lagers. 

2 hours ago, Chaps said:

Couple of new kegs out this week.

pretty disappointing imo.

Magic organge sounds rank but the pale ale could be ok.

They had that Camden pale ale in cans in Asda at the weekend, I had a couple in my hand too, wish I had got them to try now.

19 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

First one down, 

Bloody beautiful!

perfectdraft-kegs-lowenbrau-300dpi.png

Yep, that's probably my favourite keg. The Oktoberfest is arguably even better, if slightly dangerous... 

Disser Pointon
37 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Yep, that's probably my favourite keg. The Oktoberfest is arguably even better, if slightly dangerous... 

And me, that and Hertog Jan

55 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

That's not an argument, Oktoberfest is far superior although the standard is still good.

On 27/03/2023 at 06:51, Chaps said:

Couple of new kegs out this week.

pretty disappointing imo.

Magic organge sounds rank but the pale ale could be ok.

Will probably try the  camden pale ale, hopefully  a decent replacement for the excellent la virgen 360 which they have delisted ☹️

The magic rock  keg indeed sounds rank, though doubt it can be much worse than Mikkeller GOT  pale ale i have in at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

GOT dire wolf IPA on offer at my local keg stockist. (29.99)

Is it any good?

I like IPA (deuchars, Greene king, Marston's old empire) how does it compare taste wise to those?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, graygo said:

Short dated Bud (I know) for sale in Wallyford for £21.95.

Will wait till they knock another tenner off 😀

That and corona are probably the two kegs i will never buy.

• 2 weeks later...
Gerd Muller

Has anyone had to send there machine back to Phillips to get fixed?

Had my machine for over 2 years now and when I put a keg thats already down to 3c from the fridge to the machine it starts at 24c and only get down to 8c before flucuating back up to 12c.

I have followed a youtube video where you take the back of the machine off and clean and hoover the fan and heatsink. Still the same issue, thinking its the thermostat and looking likely I'll need to send the machine to be fixed. 

14 hours ago, Gerd Muller said:

Had my machine for over 2 years now and when I put a keg thats already down to 3c from the fridge to the machine it starts at 24c and only get down to 8c before flucuating back up to 12c.

I have followed a youtube video where you take the back of the machine off and clean and hoover the fan and heatsink. Still the same issue, thinking its the thermostat and looking likely I'll need to send the machine to be fixed. 

Never used it myself, but the repair and return service from Phillips is meant to be top notch.  

15 hours ago, Gerd Muller said:

Yep, I had to send mine back a couple of years ago, was an issue with the pump. The service was tremendous (think they picked the machine up from my house), and the repair cost about £60 or so.

muldoon74

Popped into one of my local suppliers on way home. 

Intended to p[ick up a keg of something for tomorrow (Not necessarily the coronation but just tomorrow, I know how judgemental JKB can be! ;) )

saw they had Becks Gold out of date kegs for half price. 

Works out a t £17.75.

Here's the good bit,..

I won £20 on a scratch card a few weeks ago, set it aside for my keg. Also had an empty from my last one. £8 cash gathered over last few weeks (change from chinese takeaways coz they don't take cash).

So I bought 2 kegs for the price of 1. Only had to pay £2.50 out the bank. 

Bonus. 

It's in and chillin' ready for tomorrow....

Although daughter has persuaded me (actually not me her mum) to give her one  of them. She's got 2 empties and has sent £7 to me so I don't mind really. I'll pick up another tomorrow (she's really just too lazy to get off the bus a stop earlier tomorrow and carry up the hill.. 

Becks Gold actually quite nice I think. 

Gonna branch out into a Goose Island IPA next time I go... Heard it's decent. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Asda to start stocking PD kegs. 51 stores to start with, with the Edinburgh one being Western Harbour. 

Wonder if they'll take returns.

51 though. :yas:

Dagger Is Back

Asda only stocking 3 kegs though and no returns.

Edited by Dagger Is Back

davemclaren
4 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Pretty useless. 🥸

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Pretty useless. 🥸

It is, they're only stocking the machine and Stella unfiltered, Camden Hells and Corona.

32 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Pretty useless. 🥸

With a profit from us to be made, they'll come around...

Edited by OBE

Sooperstar
5 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

The first step towards the £5 return being scrapped. 

16 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

The first step towards the £5 return being scrapped. 

As long as they usual metal kegs, there will always be a deposit scheme running.

Dagger Is Back

Also unless there’s a price adjustment you’d lose any online order discount. 

Massive storage required for Asda to stock a sizeable range and stock.

7 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Also unless there’s a price adjustment you’d lose any online order discount. 

Massive storage required for Asda to stock a sizeable range and stock.

Get rid of the Rose wine (mooth wash) section...sorted. :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, graygo said:

It is, they're only stocking the machine and Stella unfiltered, Camden Hells and Corona.

Well that's seriously disappointing. 

Does anyone actually drink Corona by the pint? I mean I guess so if they're stocking it but bloody hell. 

11 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

Well that's seriously disappointing. 

Does anyone actually drink Corona by the pint? I mean I guess so if they're stocking it but bloody hell. 

If I'm in a pub that serves it I pints then yes, also I tend to pour two bottles/cans into a glass at home coz I make it last longer and order it that way.

I wouldn't buy Corona on pd as it's exactly the same in keg form as it is in bottle/can. Just not worth the extra money. 

I think Scottish licensing laws will severely dampen the pd experience for Asda shoppers.

Shops in Scotland have to have all alcohol in same area, no end of aisle displays throughout stores etc.

If Asda set aside and area for pd only (can't by law unless it's within the rest of the alcohol section) I think they could smash it. 

But good old snp war on alcohol makes things unnecessarily difficult yet again. 

Gerd Muller

Machine back from Phillips inside a week. Brilliant service. Couple of things needed fixed. £54 in total. Parcel force delivered machine back at 2pm and Yodel at the door an hour later with kegs. 

15 minutes ago, Gerd Muller said:

Machine back from Phillips inside a week. Brilliant service. Couple of things needed fixed. £54 in total. Parcel force delivered machine back at 2pm and Yodel at the door an hour later with kegs. 

Did you break it? How old was it?

Gerd Muller
21 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Did you break it? How old was it?

Machine wasn't getting the kegs down to 3c. Thermostat and something else needed changed. All back nice and fixed. Machine bought in Oct 2020. 

Edited by Gerd Muller

2 hours ago, Gerd Muller said:

Machine wasn't getting the kegs down to 3c. Thermostat and something else needed changed. All back nice and fixed. Machine bought in Oct 2020. 

Bit crap if their machine goes tits up after just a couple of years through no user fault. I'm not sure I'd be so happy about the £54 repair.

Gerd Muller
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Bit crap if their machine goes tits up after just a couple of years through no user fault. I'm not sure I'd be so happy about the £54 repair.

The amount of kegs I've fired through the machine, I'm no surprised it was needing fixed 😀

58 minutes ago, Gerd Muller said:

The amount of kegs I've fired through the machine, I'm no surprised it was needing fixed 😀

:lol:  fair enough 

beer-chug-challenge-drinking-alcohol-se6

• 2 months later...

Got myself a Bartesian. It's basically a Nespresso for cocktails. What an absolutely fantastic invention. Currently enjoying an Old Fashioned. 

marshallschunkychicken

Slightly unnerving comments about having to get them fixed above. I’ve only had mine since Christmas and it is now noticeably taking longer to get down to temperature (although I suspect that the higher ambient air temperature from January to now will be a pretty significant factor).

10 minutes ago, marshallschunkychicken said:

Slightly unnerving comments about having to get them fixed above. I’ve only had mine since Christmas and it is now noticeably taking longer to get down to temperature (although I suspect that the higher ambient air temperature from January to now will be a pretty significant factor).

I'd recommend defrosting it every once in a while, making sure the cooling plate isn't covered in ice. 

Dagger Is Back
41 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I'd recommend defrosting it every once in a while, making sure the cooling plate isn't covered in ice. 

This. I had the same issue and did exactly what you said.

11 hours ago, marshallschunkychicken said:

Also whip the back off the machine and give the fan etc a good clean...amazing how must dust it picks up quickly...

Even if you do have to send away for any repairs Philips are good....had mine back within a week for £50 all in for repair

• 2 months later...
Ministryofdad

Any discount codes or referrals for someone to help a fellow arsehole out. 

Just moved into a new flat at moda fountainbridge. 

36 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

Any discount codes or referrals for someone to help a fellow arsehole out. 

Just moved into a new flat at moda fountainbridge. 

PDRL6QAQ1GG00

There you go. Not sure how much it takes off. 

Edit: looks like it's 20 quid. 

Edited by Sooperstar

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Tott said:

Black November daily  deals are on for next couple of weeks.

Vocation- hop skip and juice out shortly as well.

Black Friday 2023 Beer Machine & Kegs - PerfectDraft

The £1.99 Pint Keg Pack (2 Kegs + Bar Runner) (perfectdraft.com)

Unless my maths is wrong or there is more pints in a keg than I thought how does that equate to £1.99 a pint ? 

13 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Unless my maths is wrong or there is more pints in a keg than I thought how does that equate to £1.99 a pint ? 

Maybe the bar runner actually costs £12