**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Apache Mal said:

Brentford, Bologna for Brentford, appreciate they’re in the EPL now but I’d choose Bologna every time over Brentford if all things were equal. 

Its the perfect move to get a Champs League team move in the next 2 or 3 seasons.

SW London also lovely place to live.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

So Barry Anderson says it's a fixed fee whilst in his article he quotes Savage saying its a %.

Suppose we'll have to wait and see when the accounts are published.

Either way good luck Aaron, hope he gets regular game time and continues to develop. Great signing for Brentford 

FarmerTweedy
8 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Brentford, Bologna for Brentford, appreciate they’re in the EPL now but I’d choose Bologna every time over Brentford if all things were equal. 

Most footballers would probably choose Brentford!

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****
ArcticJambo

Only concerned about the fee Hearts receive from this transfer, otherwise good luck to him. :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Probably trebled his wages to around 35k p/w and now lives in London. Can't say I blame him

13 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

So Barry Anderson says it's a fixed fee whilst in his article he quotes Savage saying its a %.

Suppose we'll have to wait and see when the accounts are published.

Either way good luck Aaron, hope he gets regular game time and continues to develop. Great signing for Brentford 

This point surrounding how much we will get is curious because EEN initially reported saying it was a % sell on believed to be in excess of 10%. Savage also said it was a % sell on in an interview.

Whereas Andrew McKinley previously said it was a fixed fee. And most recently, EEN changed their tune and said they had discovered it was a fixed fee.

It may be a fixed fee.

It may be a fixed fee initially plus a further fixed fee down the line.

It may be a % sell on.

We could just be keeping our cards close to our chest. We may have negotiated poorly at the time.

Doubt we will learn the truth until accounts are published 🤷‍♂️ 

Hopefully this deal kickstarts some ongoing negotiations.

Good luck to AH though. Good to see him progress.

Edited by MattyK82

Leveins Battalion

No chance it is a fixed fee,no club in the world would agree to receive a flat rate for an asset that was only going to go up.😂

Celtic got 30% of the Bolgna fee so in what world would Hearts not look at a minimum 15% future sell on.

It is complete smoke and mirrors from Hearts and there go to reporter imo.

Glamorgan Jambo

Great move for him. He’s managed his career consistently favouring moves that give him maximum first team football at the highest level possible. A lesson for all young players there.

King prawn
13 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Dead to me 😉

I will start a new Serie A thread.

:lol: I was hoping someone would start one. I enjoy the Serie A thread 

Bungalow Bill
11 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Probably trebled his wages to around 35k p/w and now lives in London. Can't say I blame him

Best city in the world in my opinion, and as you say trebled his wages. But having grown up watching Gazzetta and Italian football seeing a player move to Brentford makes my heart sink a bit.

I thought he’d get a better move than Brentford. I can see them being in a relegation fight this year.  

Just now, Apache Mal said:

Best city in the world in my opinion, and as you say trebled his wages. But having grown up watching Gazzetta and Italian football seeing a player move to Brentford makes my heart sink a bit.

I thought he’d get a better move than Brentford. I can see them being in a relegation fight this year.  

I can see that too. 2nd season syndrome and all that, but worth remebering that Andy Robertson got his move to Liverpool after being relegated at Hull City.

Perth to Paisley

F0H event 25 April 2022

In the thread we then had the debate if it was a fixed percentage of  a variable fee or a variable percentage of a fixed fee! 

As long a as we use any money received to fill in the corners

18 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Personally rather live in Bologna but to each their own 

Rudi cant fail

If it’s a fixed 6 figure amount then it shows how poorly we were run before.  Based on the accounts I’m sure it was under £1m we ended up with after Celtic took their cut from his transfer to Bologna.

To get under £2m possibly as little as just over £1m in total for Hickey isn’t great when you see how much Aberdeen and Hibs are receiving for young full backs. Especially Doig as he he looks nowhere near Hickey ability wise.
I’m sure a poster on here said in defence of Levein that the Hickey money should be seen as his lasting legacy and not the 4 year contract given to Damour. 

Fingers crossed Andrew McKinlay was being coy or gave a red herring when he said it the selling on was a 6 figure sum.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Personally rather live in Bologna but to each their own 

For a couple of years maybe but for a young Scottish lad it probably doesn’t offer a huge amount long term.

28 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

No chance it is a fixed fee,no club in the world would agree to receive a flat rate for an asset that was only going to go up.😂

Celtic got 30% of the Bolgna fee so in what world would Hearts not look at a minimum 15% future sell on.

Does seem bizarre that Celtic got a significant sell on fee percentage and we would negotiate a fixed fee that one or two folk are certain is significantly less than Celtic received.

Edited by DETTY29

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

For a couple of years maybe but for a young Scottish lad it probably doesn’t offer a huge amount long term.

It would for me when I was his age wonderful climate and food picturesque surroundings amazing culture Italian women …………. you would have had to have sent the SAS to extradite me 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Does seem bizarre that Celtic got a significant sell on fee and we negotiated a fee that one or two folk are certain is significantly less than Celtic received.

It's 100% a bluff from all concerned.

After Celtic got their 30% we would of got less than £1 million for Hickey,now the only way that deal would of made any sense was to add a significant future add on,it's basic football transfer management,now even if Levein had gone, Ann Budge and the board would still of gone to him and Jim Jefferies,both old school enough to know how good Hickey could be.

Hearts never reveal transfers received or paid these days,we keep our cards very close.

Perth to Paisley
16 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Bologna is a beautiful vibrant city. 

James Anderson went to Bologna University and he has done 'okay'.

The fact he made little progress with the language told me from early on he had no intention of staying too long - wasted life opportunity.

Bologna as a team are mid table at  best  - another higher ranked Serie A team would have been a better move at 20.

EPL is pace/power and these are the attributes he will only get as he grows. He may regress short term.

Perth to Paisley
15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It would for me when I was his age wonderful climate and food picturesque surroundings amazing culture Italian women …………. you would have had to have sent the SAS to extradite me 

101%

The White Cockade

Hope he does well but I’ve always been a minority on here that thinks he’s been over hyped to a certain extent 

Talented yes Potential yes but far from a world beater it will be over the next 2 or 3 years where we will find out if he’s going to be another Robertson or end up back in Scotland 

Brentford currently have a very good attacking left back and don’t think Hickey will go straight into starting 11

Good luck to the boy anyway Scotland needs more players playing at the top level

16 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

After Celtic got their 30% we would of got less than £1 million for Hickey,now the only way that deal would of made any sense was to add a significant future add on,it's basic football transfer management,now even if Levein had gone, Ann Budge and the board would still of gone to him and Jim Jefferies,both old school enough to know how good Hickey could be.

Hearts never reveal transfers received or paid these days,we keep our cards very close.

It would be utter stupidity. At our level, a sell on fee is arguably as important than the transfer fee. To agree to anything other than a % is lunacy. I think you’re right. I’m sure it will come out eventually though. 

Hickey is a bright kid and being managed well. Has learned his trade in Italy and now going to an English team in the top league where he’ll get a regular. All going well will move to a bigger English team in a few years -  once they realise he’s good. 

On 06/07/2022 at 14:34, The Treasurer said:

Not ITK but I'm guessing that we will have agreed to a percentage OR a fixed fee, whichever is the highest 

50 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Some time back either this thread or the other thread there was concern about how Italian clubs structure transfers to avoid sell on %s by loan or other arrangements. But as people say we don't know the actual position. 

28 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This seems like the most plausible option. For us to accept a six figure fee and not back down to even 5% seems bizarre. And even for Bologna to insist on a 6 figure fee when he might’ve been shite/party boy and they’d be locked into a minimum fee to get rid is strange. 

So if it is a 6 figure fee it’d be on the lower end, which you’d think we’d have wanted at the very least upfront in order to have no sell on at all. I.e 1.25m with 15% sell on, or just 1.75m all upfront. 

If we were really in such a weak position and Bologna knew the future, you’ve gotta wonder why they didn’t pay an extra few hundred k upfront.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
38 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Bologna is a beautiful vibrant city. 

James Anderson went to Bologna University and he has done 'okay'.

The fact he made little progress with the language told me from early on he had no intention of staying too long - wasted life opportunity.

Bologna as a team are mid table at  best  - another higher ranked Serie A team would have been a better move at 20.

EPL is pace/power and these are the attributes he will only get as he grows. He may regress short term.

I’m not saying Bologna isn’t decent. But London is a top 2 or 3 city in the world.

With money living in London is one of the best places to live (even without a load of money 😞 it is great)

Tom Hardy’s Dug
34 minutes ago, OTT said:

It would be utter stupidity. At our level, a sell on fee is arguably as important than the transfer fee. To agree to anything other than a % is lunacy. I think you’re right. I’m sure it will come out eventually though. 

Was JJ doing the Director stuff when we punted Uche? We got a 30% sell on from that did we not? £300k I think.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Dick Dastardly

I've mentioned it before and it's not going to be a huge amount, but we will also receive a solidarity payment for his transfer which could be around £100,000 or more, i think

13 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Was JJ doing the Director stuff when we punted Uche? We got a 30% sell on from that did we not? £300k I think.

Uche was a dud, getting anything for him was pot luck. Hickeys talent and age meant a sell on % was crucial. If he's genuinely agreed a set fee then he's dropped the ball IMO. 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I've mentioned it before and it's not going to be a huge amount, but we will also receive a solidarity payment for his transfer which could be around £100,000 or more, i think

No requirement for a Solidarity payment in the deal as Celtic received this from Hearts via Bologna,you cannot just keep forwarding on development payments on multiple transfers,he was an established 1st team player at Hearts that was partly developed at Celtic.

Not read the full thread but could the % or 6 figures fee not both have been right when it was said 

When it was quoted as 6 figures the club may have expects the fee to be about £5m, so if 15% then it’s 750k 

But now it’s more than 3 times that then 15% is way more than 6 figures. 

Dick Dastardly
11 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

No requirement for a Solidarity payment in the deal as Celtic received this from Hearts via Bologna,you cannot just keep forwarding on development payments on multiple transfers,he was an established 1st team player at Hearts that was partly developed at Celtic.

So what does this mean then? 

"Solidarity payments are those that occur when a football player is still in a contract but is transferred between different jurisdictions. Clubs pay transfer fees, and up to five percent of this fee is withheld to be used as the solidarity payments. Solidarity payments are distributed to all clubs that trained the player between his 12th and 23rd birthdays at a proportional rate depending on how long the player was at each club. Solidarity payments do not stop at the player's 23rd birthday (like the training compensation payments do) but continue through the course of the player's professional career each time he is transferred while under contract."

https://www.parsalaw.com/fifa-player-transfers

Naisys Tackle
15 minutes ago, OTT said:

Uche was a dud, getting anything for him was pot luck. Hickeys talent and age meant a sell on % was crucial. If he's genuinely agreed a set fee then he's dropped the ball IMO. 

Perhaps with £1.5m up front a set fee was all Bologna was willing to negotiate?  

12 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Perhaps with £1.5m up front a set fee was all Bologna was willing to negotiate?  

The laddie had Bayern and Man City sniffing about him. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
33 minutes ago, OTT said:

Wasn’t the question.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Wasn’t the question.

Think it was JJ, believe Savage came in just after IIRC? 

Malinga the Swinga

Absolutely no one on here or in media has the slightest clue about the sell on fee Hearts negotiated for Hickey.

It still doesn't stop the desperate from claiming to be in the know regarding details though.

The board, Savage and Neilson (maybe) will know but other than them, it's absolutely right as it is confidential.

Wish everyone else would just shut the **** up about what they've heard and how badly we've done compared to every other club because it's all just make believe and lies.

GarryJ-o-s
On 06/07/2022 at 10:31, Ford Prentice said:

On another thread SMJ_1874 says the fixed fee is £150,000. That would be less than 1%.

No idea if it's true but since Joe Savage is on record as saying a percentage was due, then if it's a fixed fee he needs to explain what's going on.

I see no reason for waiting 12/18 months to see accounts. This is a fan owned club and I think we have the right to know the truth about this now.

I originally was in the camp thinking we didn’t want to admit to a large sell on due to other clubs knowing our enlarged pot, but a set fee of £150,000 specifically would actually make some sense.

Celtic had 30% of the last deal, and the reports today said the deal showed £944,000 in our accounts. 70% of £1.35m is £945,000.

Another £150,000 fee (maybe conditional on Bologna selling Hickey for a profit) would take the initial deal to a nice round £1.5m.

Sincerely hope this isn’t the case though, and it would be a very strange for us to agree to this rather than just a flat percentage.

Naisys Tackle
15 minutes ago, OTT said:

The laddie had Bayern and Man City sniffing about him. 

So the papers say.  Just as the new hibs player from Bristol was wanted by Newcastle and Man City and would be a coup for rangers or celtic.

Hickey had a year left, wanted to go to Italy and they offered £1.5m.  If instead of leaving for peanuts the following year we accept that and a fixed fee if sold for more then I can see why the club would go with it.

Humblerogue

His dad/agent  probably would have let Bologna know they were the only serious bid on the table. We were on our knees financially so it doesn’t matter. If it was now it would be different.

CL on sportsound and interesting listening re Hickey and even Josh Doig...try and catch it if you can on the catchup....

4 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

CL on sportsound and interesting listening re Hickey and even Josh Doig...try and catch it if you can on the catchup....

Shocking that Hibs could make more on Doig, than we did on Hickey despite Hickey being streets ahead. 

Such a frustrating situation. 

On 09/07/2022 at 22:35, Humblerogue said:

His dad/agent  probably would have let Bologna know they were the only serious bid on the table. We were on our knees financially so it doesn’t matter. If it was now it would be different.

We haven't been on our knees financially for a while now....!

Naisys Tackle

Hearts inserted a sell-on clause into the deal which took the left-back from Edinburgh to Italy two years ago.

The Tynecastle club’s sporting director Joe Savage confirmed to this newspaper in May that the Hickey deal stipulates Bologna must forward a certain portion from any future sale. The Evening News has learned that amount is a pre-agreed six-figure sum which will now be wired to Hearts’ bank account.

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Is he taking all the credit for both making these great moves?