**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Serge said:

At this time in the transfer window, it may be a good idea not to announce how much you receive from a windfall.

In fact, it may be better to downplay the amount as there will be plenty of clubs and players who will want a share of it.

While some would say that's common sense, it needs to balanced against the absolute desperation of the rabid attention seekers who are feeling physically sick with fake concern over confidential club information.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Robbie, Budge, Savage & everyone running things at the club have done brilliantly over the last 2 years since demotion getting us back to where we should be, overseeing a successful squad overhaul & nurturing a core of quality players that will give us the stability needed to compete, that's not up for debate & I'm delighted with things.

However IF theres any truth that we've attached a fixed fee sell on as opposed to the (much more standard) percentage sell on for probably the best teenage prospect Hearts & maybe even Scotland have had in years, who was always going to make Bologna a big profit then it's genuinely just cost the club millions. A massive, massive **** up by whoever signed off on it & it can't ever happen again. Being pissed off about that doesn't make you a 'rabid' or 'looking for an inroad to moan' & pretending it's all good doesn't make you a better fan than those who are questioning the logic in such a deal.

Ofc, if true then we've maybe lost out. 

It would still be around £1.5m banked for a guy that played 1 season, wanted to leave, had one year left and cost us nothing. 

No one knows what was discussed, Hickey could have said sell me ASAP or I'll run my contract down and Hearts wil get nothing. 

Bologna might have refused a % sell on fee. 

No one knows. 

As for the horrific, demand answers etc and feeling sick mob it is clear they are just venting and see this as an opportunity to do so. 

Drama queen's doesn't cover it. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Brave Hearts said:

Aaron Hickey to complete Brentford transfer this week as Hearts poised for windfall from £19million fee - Football Scotland

"Hickey's impending move is brilliant news for Hearts with Robbie Neilson's side set to land a significant windfall from the deal. It's understood that the Tynecastle side inserted a sell-on clause in the deal to sell Hickey to Bologna in 2020. The percentage that Hearts will receive from Hickey's sale to Bologna is believed to be around 15% of the total fee. The total package that Brentford will pay for the Scotland international could reach €22 million - just shy of £19 million - with an initial fee of £14 million."

Please be true. 

20 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Robbie, Budge, Savage & everyone running things at the club have done brilliantly over the last 2 years since demotion getting us back to where we should be, overseeing a successful squad overhaul & nurturing a core of quality players that will give us the stability needed to compete, that's not up for debate & I'm delighted with things.

However IF theres any truth that we've attached a fixed fee sell on as opposed to the (much more standard) percentage sell on for probably the best teenage prospect Hearts & maybe even Scotland have had in years, who was always going to make Bologna a big profit then it's genuinely just cost the club millions. A massive, massive **** up by whoever signed off on it & it can't ever happen again. Being pissed off about that doesn't make you a 'rabid' or 'looking for an inroad to moan' & pretending it's all good doesn't make you a better fan than those who are questioning the logic in such a deal.

Very well said but sadly people will ignore the balanced and insightful essence of your post and hysterically make out you are losing your mind ...............................the way things are run behind the scenes is very reassuring now but IF we inserted a fixed six figure sell on for Hickey when you would have to have been blind to not see how good he was going to be, then that is a shocking deal

40 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Spot on - there are some that just cannot countenance any criticism of the club, even though its very much warranted in this regard.

I was listening to the SAF podcast this morning and even the Jambo client hack Barry Anderson couldn't bring himself to question it and called it an understandable deal.  Not that I read the EEN but if that's the standard of its output I am not missing anything.

One other thing that concerns me - its being called a 6 figure deal, ie from 100k to 999k - the fact the actual amount isn't mentioned suggests it's down at the lower end of the scale.

Edited by briever

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, briever said:

Spot on - there are some that just cannot countenance any criticism of the club, even though its very much warranted in this regard.

I was listening to the SAF podcast this morning and even the Jambo client hack Barry Anderson couldn't bring himself to question it and called it an understandable deal.  Not that I read the EEN but if that's the standard of its output I am not missing anything.

We don't even know the amount. 

Hickey might have insisted we let him go. 

Bologna may have refused a %. 

Criticism is only merited if folk have the facts. 

Using terms like horrific, needs explained, feeling sick, questioning FoH contributions - etc is also not criticism, it's just drama. 

It's funny tho, especially if after all the shocking, feeling sick and horrific-ness that many precious folk are currently experiencing it turns out we do have a %. 

Folk know nothing of what Hickey and Bologna demanded therefor any criticism is just grown up folk getting in a tizz and posting shite for the sake of it. 

Boyces beard
42 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Great post mate, exactly how a lot of the Hearts support will be feeling.

i wish jj was my dad
22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Please be true. 

It might help stop the sickness bug going round

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

It might help stop the sickness bug going round

😂😂😂

What was our alternative? Keep Hickey for another season, for a league we skooshed without him, to then lose for nothing anyway? Who does that benefit? No-one. 

We were a 2nd tier club, at the height of Covid restrictions. We had an utterly shite hand and were able to demand **** all. Is it shit that we weren't able get more cash? Absolutely. But I'm not convinced there was a whole lot more we could have done to get a better deal. Bologna and Hickey held all the cards. For a 2nd tier Scottish team to get 7 figures for a player at the height of Covid would normally be heralded as one of the best transfer deals in years. 

I’m in the camp of being disappointed with a fixed 6 figure sell on simply because I have fed on copious reports of up to 15% of the fee. However not being party to the negotiations I have zero idea of how these panned out. What I do know is that we can’t blame one individual for this state of affairs - if it turns out to be true - as I fully expect final decisions like this to be taken by the Board.

Without going back through this car crash do we know exactly the amount of the windfall yet?

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Without going back through this car crash do we know exactly the amount of the windfall yet?

That is the topic of the car crash and no

The concept of leaving for nothing is key in Hickey's case. The payment of 1.5 million was welcome. Hearts were hardly in.a strong bargaining position. Because Bologna could offer him wages (their speculation) and length of contract to see the potential of a future fee likely being  realised, offering Hearts up to 15% of a future fee seems unrealistic.

maroonlegions

Its sounding  like we will get a couple of steak bakes and bottle of juice .

Edited by maroonlegions

Drew Wallace
4 hours ago, Norm said:

What was our alternative? Keep Hickey for another season, for a league we skooshed without him, to then lose for nothing anyway? Who does that benefit? No-one. 

We were a 2nd tier club, at the height of Covid restrictions. We had an utterly shite hand and were able to demand **** all. Is it shit that we weren't able get more cash? Absolutely. But I'm not convinced there was a whole lot more we could have done to get a better deal. Bologna and Hickey held all the cards. For a 2nd tier Scottish team to get 7 figures for a player at the height of Covid would normally be heralded as one of the best transfer deals in years. 

Correc

Chuck Berry
16 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No kick in the bawz for me. 

I don't pledge so I can negotiate transfers. 

No clarity is needed. 

This type of "story" just gives the rabids something to gnash their teeth into. 

On the park it's going well  so a certain group are looking for a inroad to moan

It's quite funny Tbh. 

Oh settle down, nobody said anything about negotiating transfers.

However, it's a fair point, and people like you just want to shut down any opinions you disagree with.

Heartsofgold

Why don't we put a pin in this speculation as Hearts will not release the info until our accounts are prepared.

If we have ****ed it up then so be it, our negotiating position was basically a starting point of zero due to covid and his contract situation.  All the cards were held by Hickey and Bologna.  Would have been nice of him if he had insisted on a clause ala Patterson when he went to Cardiff.

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

However, it's a fair point, and people like you just want to shut down any opinions you disagree with.

Only when the opinions are nonsense and based on nothing and folk feeling sick about it. 🤣🤣

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

How can anyone have an opinion on something they don't know? 

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

How can anyone have an opinion on something they don't know? 

Generally by offering an opinion caveated with if 

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Generally by offering an opinion caveated with if 

Is that an opinion or a theory? 

Gorgie_Rules

If we are arguing over £100ks with Beerschot for Shankland (or on any other transfer), then it hitting the press that we have come across a bonus 10-15% from a sell on clause from a high profile Premier League transfer is the last thing we need in terms of our position.

The only thing we do know factually is that Savage has confirmed its a 6 figure sum. If it is indeed on the low side then he isn’t going to come across well when the accounts come out, whilst hes factually correct, it could be interpreted as pulling the wool over eyes.

What is also forgotten is that Hickey had 1 year left on his contract, our position at the time and desire for more cash up front didn’t help us.

Dick Dastardly
14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Stone cold fact mate 😄 

😂😂 Sorry, i meant is it an opinion or theory if it is caveated with an if? 

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

😂😂 Sorry, i meant is it an opinion or theory if it is caveated with an if? 

Hmmmmm ………… bit of both I would say 🙂 

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

If we are arguing over £100ks with Beerschot for Shankland (or on any other transfer), then it hitting the press that we have come across a bonus 10-15% from a sell on clause from a high profile Premier League transfer is the last thing we need in terms of our position.

The only thing we do know factually is that Savage has confirmed its a 6 figure sum. If it is indeed on the low side then he isn’t going to come across well when the accounts come out, whilst hes factually correct, it could be interpreted as pulling the wool over eyes.

What is also forgotten is that Hickey had 1 year left on his contract, our position at the time and desire for more cash up front didn’t help us.

Aribo only had one year left on his contract.   Rangers have just sold him for £10m to Southampton.  

Naisys Tackle
8 hours ago, Norm said:

Spot on. 

8 hours ago, Norm said:

We could have showed some balls and backed the young lad to be the player he has turned out to be .

Tell Bologna we take 200k less than the 1:5 mill agreed but we want a 15% sell on fee, even if they knocked us down to 10% it was always going to be a better deal than the 150k flat rate reported, that's not hindsight it's just logic .

Hopefully the reported 150k fee is bollocks and for what's its worth I think it will be. 

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Aribo only had one year left on his contract.   Rangers have just sold him for £10m to Southampton.  

He just scored in the Europa League Final.  Hickey was looking at the Scottish Championship.  

That's before mentioning international caps, League winner and massively rated even before his move to Hun. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

We could have showed some balls and backed the young lad to be the player he has turned out to be .

Tell Bologna we take 200k less than the 1:5 mill agreed but we want a 15% sell on fee, even if they knocked us down to 10% it was always going to be a better deal than the 150k flat rate reported, that's not hindsight it's just logic .

Hopefully the reported 150k fee is bollocks and for what's its worth I think it will be. 

That case - they say no and Celtic take him back the following season for nothing?  We didn't need him in the Champ and needed to sell. 

22 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It is. 

And your speculation and then thinly veiled ( not) swipe at Bob didn't go unnoticed. 

Crack on feeling sick tho and getting into a rage  about a player who has made us at least £1.3m, possibly more, who was 18, cost he haw, played 1 season for us and was in the last year of his contract. 

images (42).jpeg

Totally agree with everything here. Also in the middle of covid where clubs were unwilling to pay large fees and we could have potentially lost him for nothing come the end of that season.

14 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

A better comparison might be Doig given the money in.the EPL. I assume Hibs managed to tie him to a new contract before selling him. Hence 3m to our 1.5

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

That case - they say no and Celtic take him back the following season for nothing?  We didn't need him in the Champ and needed to sell. 

I get that m8 and I don't like critizing the club but it looks like we've squeezed the maximum out of Bologna without taking a long term view. If and its a big if someone at the club has signed of a 150k sell on clause that is ****ing embarrassing and unjustifiable. This we were on the bones of our arse narrative is a cop out . If we had sold hin for 1:3 Mill with a 10% sell on clause the club wouldn't have folded.

Someone at the clubs tale a view that lad had peaked  imo.

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He just scored in the Europa League Final.  Hickey was looking at the Scottish Championship.  

That's before mentioning international caps, League winner and massively rated even before his move to Hun. 

Was he that massively rated at Charlton?  If he was, surely he would have gone to a big English club for big money rather than Scotland?  Wasn’t he playing in the English 3rd tier?

Hickey was rated as one of Europe’s top teenage prospects while at Hearts.  Anyway, my point was more that you can still get a decent fee for someone with only a year left on their contract, even in Scotland. 

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I get that m8 and I don't like critizing the club but it looks like we've squeezed the maximum out of Bologna without taking a long term view. If and its a big if someone at the club has signed of a 150k sell on clause that is ****ing embarrassing and unjustifiable. This we were on the bones of our arse narrative is a cop out . If we had sold hin for 1:3 Mill with a 10% sell on clause the club wouldn't have folded.

Someone at the clubs tale a view that lad had peaked  imo.

Aye fair points but take also into consideration legal challenges left right and centre, demotion, and all that crap.   Massive mistake but we need to move on from the old times. 

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Was he that massively rated at Charlton?  If he was, surely he would have gone to a big English club for big money rather than Scotland?  Wasn’t he playing in the English 3rd tier?

Hickey was rated as one of Europe’s top teenage prospects while at Hearts.  Anyway, my point was more that you can still get a decent fee for someone with only a year left on their contract, even in Scotland. 

He was valued at £5m and Rangers got on the cheap because of cross border.  Tribunal would have went to £5m. 

5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Aye fair points but take also into consideration legal challenges left right and centre, demotion, and all that crap.   Massive mistake but we need to move on from the old times. 

Def, what will be wil be , we learn and move on .

As I’ve posted elsewhere, I think Hearts will get a percentage of this deal, and are trying hard to play down the size of the windfall.

Even if we are getting a fixed amount, though, then the real issue is not who agreed to the crappy clause in the transfer agreement. We either sold him for what was on the table or lost him for nothing. The real issue is that the club let things get to this point in the first place. Hearts have to be one of the worst clubs in Scotland for losing our best talent for next to nothing, because we didn’t secure them on a longer term deal and their contract was running down. Other clubs seem to be able to achieve this (hence Aberdeen and Hibs selling their players on for good money this summer) but for some reason we can’t.

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s hard for any team in Scotland to get fair market price for a player with one year left on a contract. Unless you’re one of the disgusting @$$ cheeks.

Hickey is gone. We took what we got and we’ll get what’s owed us. I’m over it. 
Hope he does well down there but at the end of the day it matters not a jot to Hearts what he does. Him doing well doesn’t mean our academy is a gold mine for English/mainland European teams and them banging down our door with boat loads of cash.

We really don’t give enough youngsters a chance to shine. We can’t afford to. We as fans are much to fickle. We’d turn on the club in a second.

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, jager man said:

Totally agree with everything here. Also in the middle of covid where clubs were unwilling to pay large fees and we could have potentially lost him for nothing come the end of that season.

Sense. 

We could have done better, but to get do annoyed about it is madness. 

Jambo na hÉireann
3 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

So does anyone know if we got a penny ?

I don’t claim to be in the know, but I think it’s fair to say we got a penny. 

Chuck Berry
4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Only when the opinions are nonsense and based on nothing and folk feeling sick about it. 🤣🤣

Your opinions are no more right or wrong than anyone else's, remember that.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

As I’ve posted elsewhere, I think Hearts will get a percentage of this deal, and are trying hard to play down the size of the windfall.

Even if we are getting a fixed amount, though, then the real issue is not who agreed to the crappy clause in the transfer agreement. We either sold him for what was on the table or lost him for nothing. The real issue is that the club let things get to this point in the first place. Hearts have to be one of the worst clubs in Scotland for losing our best talent for next to nothing, because we didn’t secure them on a longer term deal and their contract was running down. Other clubs seem to be able to achieve this (hence Aberdeen and Hibs selling their players on for good money this summer) but for some reason we can’t.

Wage structure I think 

Aberdeen and Hibs seem to think nothing of new contracts for players they think have a value on £6k plus a week it seems.

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Your opinions are no more right or wrong than anyone else's, remember that.

OK Mufasa. 

Back in the real world. 

Folk spouting shite isn't the same as me saying they're spouting shite. 

If you say the earth is flat and I point and laugh at you, my opinion is worth more. 

Same applies here, folk know nothing of the Hearts / Hickey / Bologna transfer, and me calling out folk that are feeling sick about it deserves a point and laugh. 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He did have options. I can remember Lee Bowyer on talksport giving it big licks about how he’d made a mistake. 

Aribo made a fantastic career move IMO coming up here and has got his rewards from it.