**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

They are quite funny.

They've ignored their child abuse court case and the ones enjoying Goram's death yesterday didn't mention how many league titles he helped Rangers win. 

They are like some sort of Borg collective PR machine 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Just been on Brentford fans forum all seem really pleased to sign him however scummy hoops fan trying to claim credit for him and couldn’t bring himself to even mention Hearts basically saying went from them to Bologna he was soon shot down by other posters 

Benchwarmers dont increase in value. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Bringing players through is mainly down to the player. 

Make yourself a better option than the first team player. I do worry for posters who just want young players in. They don't say who and what they want to lose from the first team. 

How can it be mainly down to the player, they need so much help in coaching and every other aspect of what it takes to make the transition to a first team player. 
The club have realised our failings recently and are actively trying to help our talented youngsters make the grade, the manager still has to give them game time. 
With extra subs and better quality players hopefully we will make and take chances, giving the manager scope to play the youngsters off the bench morw regularly. 

Personally would have liked him to stay in Italy for at least another season as I've enjoyed getting back to watching Italian football, don't think I'll follow him the same at Brentford but good luck to the lad.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

How can it be mainly down to the player, they need so much help in coaching and every other aspect of what it takes to make the transition to a first team player. 
The club have realised our failings recently and are actively trying to help our talented youngsters make the grade, the manager still has to give them game time. 
With extra subs and better quality players hopefully we will make and take chances, giving the manager scope to play the youngsters off the bench morw regularly. 

Everyone sensible says the player has to be good enough, believe in himself and push for selection. 

So you think Kirk should play instead of Simms? 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, escobri said:

Personally would have liked him to stay in Italy for at least another season as I've enjoyed getting back to watching Italian football, don't think I'll follow him the same at Brentford but good luck to the lad.

Agree. He will get game time at Brentford but probably in a relegation fight. As you say good luck to him. I may take in a game at Brentford.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Bringing players through is mainly down to the player. 

Make yourself a better option than the first team player. I do worry for posters who just want young players in. They don't say who and what they want to lose from the first team. 

Well said. 

Of course it is. 

Playing youth just because they are young is one of  the most ridiculous things spouted in here. 

Age is irrelevant, talent and attitude are everthing. 

If you are good enough you will get game time, if not we'll play someone else. 

Tbh, it's just a stick for the anti Bob Brigade to use to against him. 

Tiresome and obvious. 

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Everyone sensible says the player has to be good enough, believe in himself and push for selection. 

So you think Kirk should play instead of Simms? 

Put words in my mouth why don’t you? 
As I said players need to be helped to progress into the first team, due to the disastrous previous regime we don’t have that many players ready to be put into the first team currently. 
For various reasons no youngsters were played in the Championship and this continued last season with only a handful getting any game time. 
Quite a few should’ve had at least a wee run out towards the end of the season as we petered out towards the final, especially in the last game at home where the aforementioned Simms shouldn’t have even been anywhere near the pitch with the groin injury he had. 
Aa a club we need to do better with helping youngsters achieve their potential. 

Byyy The Light
21 hours ago, sassenach said:

I don't look at other forums etc, apart from the odd sneaky peak at .net.  Please tell me that people haven't been 'enjoying' Andy Goram's passing.

Saw some pretty unsavoury stuff on Twitter but no surprise there. Arseholes going to arsehole. Sad existence. 

He's made good decisions throughout his career.

A little disappointing he is leaving Italy but should help his international career as well with bias against players playing abroad. 

indianajones
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Here comes the moneyyyyy

5DC5BD22-E291-4B86-9426-10980BEDBB5B.jpeg

Thats £19 million. 

10/15% for us? Happy days. 

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Thats £19 million. 

10/15% for us? Happy days. 

Inclusive of add ins.

Up front fee may be a bit less. 

On 03/07/2022 at 19:00, The Hogfather said:

Disappointed he's off to Brentford tbh. I'd have thought he was better than that in all honesty.

I'm thrilled he's going to Brentford rather than Arsenal. As Gulf Jambo says he has far more chance of a regular LB spot there and within a couple of years will have had the chance to excel with lots of first team games under his belt.

RustyRightPeg
19 minutes ago, Jurek said:

I'm thrilled he's going to Brentford rather than Arsenal. As Gulf Jambo says he has far more chance of a regular LB spot there and within a couple of years will have had the chance to excel with lots of first team games under his belt.

Rico Henry is a cracking left back at Brentford. 

If I’m honest I can see them utilising him at RWB. They had Ajer playing there for a decent period last year as a stop gap. 

The Hogfather
24 minutes ago, Jurek said:

I'm not arsed about him going to Arsenal either. An Everton, Aston Villa or a Crystal Palace would've been better imo.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Anderson now repeating the six figure fixed fee line.

Somebody’s at it.

Joe or Anderson.

Unless Anderson has been told to keep it cool by Hearts and we’ll give him a scoop at some point.

3 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

That differs from what some one on here posted a couple of months or so ago where Savage confirmed at some sort of event a percentage of future sales of at least ten percent ……….. hope fully some one can pull that one back up …………… either an AGM or plot ceremony and I think it was confirmed by Savage in an interview

Infuriating that this has been cast up again after confirmation from Savage that we had a percentage sell on of at least ten per cent ………… how is this still up for debate

Kalamazoo Jambo
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Infuriating that this has been cast up again after confirmation from Savage that we had a percentage sell on of at least ten per cent ………… how is this still up for debate

To the best of my knowledge, Savage confirmed a sell on fee but it was the EEN that said it was at least 10%, not Savage himself.

Depends what articles you read, I've just read one from football first stating up to 15% and then an EEN article stating an agreed set amount.

Who knows though, it'll be a decent amount but possibly could have been more.

3 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

...% of any sale....thats the quote...

That was not the quote or report a couple months ago when Savage confirmed a sell on of over ten per cent

Just now, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

To the best of my knowledge, Savage confirmed a sell on fee but it was the EEN that said it was at least 10%, not Savage himself.

Possibly but allied with a direct question asked of him at a meeting at Tynecastle where he confirmed ten percent plus I am absolutely sure of this …………. It was reported on here as coming straight from Savage at the time

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If other clubs know we have cash the games up.😎

I know we have cash. It’s hardly a secret.

Kalamazoo Jambo
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Possibly but allied with a direct question asked of him at a meeting at Tynecastle where he confirmed ten percent plus I am absolutely sure of this …………. It was reported on here as coming straight from Savage at the time

No. But this is interesting. The article in from May 18 in which Barry Anderson (not Savage) had suggested the fee was at least 10% was edited earlier today with that mention now removed. (I just took the screengrab below…)

F1D5F737-51D4-48C5-AD5D-FE6AD5792EE7.jpeg

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/exclusive-hearts-confirm-sell-on-clause-in-aaron-hickeys-bologna-deal-3698586

1 minute ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

No. But this is interesting. The article in from May 18 in which Barry Anderson (not Savage) had suggested the fee was at least 10% was edited earlier today with that mention now removed. (I just took the screengrab below…)

F1D5F737-51D4-48C5-AD5D-FE6AD5792EE7.jpeg

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/exclusive-hearts-confirm-sell-on-clause-in-aaron-hickeys-bologna-deal-3698586

Very interesting indeed 

Kalamazoo Jambo
On 18/05/2022 at 05:29, BackOfTheNet said:

Exclusive: Hearts confirm sell-on clause in Aaron Hickey's Bologna deal

Hearts have confirmed a sell-on clause in Aaron Hickey’s Bologna deal which stands to earn the Edinburgh club a significant seven-figure sum.

Wednesday, 18th May 2022, 10:06 am

Brentford are one of the leading candidates to sign the Scotlandinternational defender in a £13million transfer, with Arsenal, Newcastle United and Napoli also credited with an interest.

Hearts are monitoring the situation from afar as they will be due a portion of any fee paid to Bologna. Sporting director Joe Savage confirmed to the Evening News that a sell-on agreement is in place.

Tynecastle officials stipulated when selling Hickey to the Italians in September 2020 that they should get a percentage of any future sale. The 19-year-old has played consistently in Serie A, scoring five times in 35 appearances this season and making his international debut against Poland in March.

His performances at both left-back and right-back have attracted attention from other clubs in both Italy and England. “There definitely is a sell-on. There are a lot of rumours but we need to see if they will come true or not and whether Aaron is actually going to sign for another club,” said Savage.

“We are delighted for him as a player and a person. He has been brilliant over in Italy so we're pleased about that. We do have a sell-on so we do get a percentage of any sale, so it should be good for the club.”

Savage added that the clause is simply sensible management by Hearts. “Any club in the world developing and selling players, you have to protect yourself,” he said.

“You want a sell-on in the deal, you want some sort of add-ons in it or a buy-back option. Whatever it may be, you need to look after the interests of your own club. Hearts did that with Aaron.”

Aaron Hickey in action for Scotland.

Aaron Hickey in action for Scotland.

Savage did not confirm the exact percentage figure of the sell-on clause but it is believed to exceed ten per cent. Hickey’s transfer to Bologna accounted for most of the £944,000 Hearts earned from player sales during the 2020/21 campaign.

Bringing this back up - here’s where the 10% figure came from (NOT a Savage quote).That figure was edited out earlier today from the article.

2 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Bringing this back up - here’s where the 10% figure came from. That figure was edited out earlier today from the article.

I am almost certain Savage confirmed at least ten per cent at questions and answers at Tynecastle around about the same time and that there were kickback posters present who shared that on here

Just now, Sooks said:

I am almost certain Savage confirmed at least ten per cent at questions and answers at Tynecastle around about the same time and that there were kickback posters present who shared that on here

Possibly the share holders

Ford Prentice

Banderson's article today is odd/ Say's its a pre-agreed fixed six figure sum but then quotes Savage as saying "We do have a sell-on so we do get a percentage of any sale, so it should be good for the club." Can't be both.

A "six figure sum" could be as little as £100,000".  

jamboinglasgow

I do suspect the club would rather it is said as six figures rather than the truth of a certain percentage so as to not let other clubs know what money we have

2 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Banderson's article today is odd/ Say's its a pre-agreed fixed six figure sum but then quotes Savage as saying "We do have a sell-on so we do get a percentage of any sale, so it should be good for the club." Can't be both.

A "six figure sum" could be as little as £100,000".  

Yeah it's conflicted or both.    We get money and a percentage.    

I mean the title says details have emerged.    Nothing there you couldn't make up yourself, really.   

Load of nonsense.    We won't find out. 

Rogue Daddy

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/sport/football/aaron-hickey-hearts-windfall-revealed-27406393

😂😂😂 this article quotes the EEN as a six figure sum, and then goes on to quote Savage as a percentage fee!

Im going to go out on a limb here and say one of them is right!

Edited by Rogue Daddy

Naisys Tackle

The truth is nobody but the club knows.  The rest is guesswork until the annual accounts are released next year. 

Is it possible the "up front" fee will be paid in instalments and for each instalment paid we will get a percentage? That percentage could be a six figure sum  but we would be due further amounts when the "up front" instalments are made.

This would be our lot. We would not be due a percentage of any future add ons if these are triggered.

In effect we may not get all our percentage in one go. Just a guess!

3 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Is it possible the "up front" fee will be paid in instalments and for each instalment paid we will get a percentage? That percentage could be a six figure sum  but we would be due further amounts when the "up front" instalments are made.

This would be our lot. We would not be due a percentage of any future add ons if these are triggered.

In effect we may not get all our percentage in one go. Just a guess!

Thats true, Rangers are particularly bad for Klarna type buy now pay later type transfers. So something similar could be at play here. I.e £5m up front, another £5m next season etc. 

Quite reasonably, we can't expect our sell on % all up front, so it could be that we're getting say, 10% of £5m each instalment (or whatever the fee is) until paid off? (so following that, £15m transfer, 3 £5m instalments, so if 10%, we'd collect £500k each time until the £15m has been paid). 

I'll be horrified if we signed away his potential for a huge fee for a smaller set in stone one. That would be horrendous. 

I'm very sceptical about the idea it's a bluff, unfortunately. There have been persistent rumours about exactly this for a while, so it's hard to believe this is a coincidence.

Yes, we won't want agents/clubs knowing we've come into money, but that's even more true if we don't actually have the money.

As for why Savage has been saying "we'll get a percentage of any sale" in public... Well, technically a fixed £500k (or whatever) IS a percentage of the transfer fee. It's just not a fixed percentage. If the fixed fee thing is true then I wouldn't want to admit it in public either.

Thankfully we seem considerably smarter with our business than we were when this deal was done.

Edited by DC_92

Don’t understand why any club would agree to a flat fee to be paid out of a future transfer rather than a percentage. Especially for a young player with bags of potential.

I remember being at the Hearts Shareholders meeting with Budge and McKinley and they were asked what the sell on fee as for Hickey and McKinley confirmed it was a six figure sum.

I'll see if I've still got the notes from the meeting.

11 hours ago, TurboT said:

I remember being at the Hearts Shareholders meeting with Budge and McKinley and they were asked what the sell on fee as for Hickey and McKinley confirmed it was a six figure sum.

I'll see if I've still got the notes from the meeting.

I remember reading this at the time and pretty sure I replied to your post. 

An agreed 6 figure fee is extremely poor from hearts. 

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****