**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

On 10/07/2022 at 13:52, OTT said:

Actually feel a bit sick. I'm really hoping the club are just pleading poverty here because the alternative is horrific. 

To fail to agree on a % sell on fee for a teenage prodigy about to join a big 5 league side that we were losing for a knock down price is shocking, horrendous and you'd almost wonder if its malicious incompetence, because it makes absolutely no sense. The fact that Celtic we're about to get a 30% wedge of the transfer fee was an example of how significant ensuring a sell on fee  is that should have been fresh in the mind of whoever was dealing with it. To ignore that and go for a set fee is breathtakingly stupid. 10%-20% sell on fees are common place and would not have been an unreasonable request to make. Bologna wanted him badly, the manager was a bloody left back, suspect he had as much tunnel vision on Hickey being his man as Neilson has on Shankland being the man to lead our line this coming season. Beyond that, the laddie was always going to end up in England with an English club buying him. The only thing that was up for debate, was whether that would be for £2m or £20m. 

You employ football people at your club because they understand the nuances of the game better, have experience of how the game works and have been round the block enough times to know best. Genuinely, if we've been shafted here, I'm horrified. They've cost the club nearly £2m which would have tripled the amount Hickey's sale brought into the club. Meanwhile, the player we let go to bring in Hickey is looking at a £3m transfer. I don't even know what to say anymore. 

Its so bad and unbelievably naively incompetent that I almost wonder if Savage has made this up so that Beerschot don't try and squeeze us for more for Shankland. 

15k posts and a member for 16 years yet the donations sit at £0.00….. yet you feel sick at the potential sell on? 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

Edited by Armageddon

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

8 hours ago, Armageddon said:

15k posts and a member for 16 years yet the donations sit at £0.00….. yet you feel sick at the potential sell on? 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

That’s a pretty shitty post bud. Hope it felt good 👍 

9 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Why can't Hearts just tell us?

There are 2 trains of thought . One is we have a percentage of 17 mill and why would we let other clubs know that and the second is we are due  circa 150k as a flat fee and no one at the club wants to confirm that debacle  

Take your pick .

54 minutes ago, OTT said:

That’s a pretty shitty post bud. Hope it felt good 👍 

Not really, I’m just highlighting how your post was (ironically) OTT.

davemclaren
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Very few clubs disclose such detailed confidential information. We may be able to gleen it from the accounts publishable late 2023. 

Chuck Berry
13 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

OK Mufasa. 

Back in the real world. 

Folk spouting shite isn't the same as me saying they're spouting shite. 

If you say the earth is flat and I point and laugh at you, my opinion is worth more. 

Same applies here, folk know nothing of the Hearts / Hickey / Bologna transfer, and me calling out folk that are feeling sick about it deserves a point and laugh. 

It's a forum, people post their opinion, if you think "pointing and laughing" at them for having a fair opinion is appropriate then maybe forums are not for you.

There is no way we accepted a sell on of 150k or similar.  If we wanted the max upfront, we’d have asked for that, not for a rather silly sell on. If they were refusing point blank to have a % sell on, we’d negotiate for more upfront. Not a pittance that might be paid in the future. 

We won’t know much from the accounts unless we know the details of the Brentford deal with Bologna. 

Westfield Hearts

Just first team messing about shooting in at Riccarton no sign of Bob, no training as such, new whitish tops look good.

Kalamazoo Jambo
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Because that would be disadvantageous to our negotiating position with other clubs/players/agents.

5 hours ago, ramrod said:

There are 2 trains of thought . One is we have a percentage of 17 mill and why would we let other clubs know that and the second is we are due  circa 150k as a flat fee and no one at the club wants to confirm that debacle  

Take your pick .

That's it in a nutshell.

6 hours ago, ramrod said:

Take your pick .

There is a 3rd train of thought, that the ‘6 figures’ COULD be as high as a kick in the arse off £1million.

The question is, since the club are clearly not going to clarify, is do we trust that the regime headed by Levein got this right ? Rumour has it that JJ negotiated this deal or had a part in it. I will be astonished if he undersold it. Levein underselling it, especially if he caved to the pressure of losing Hickey for next to nothing a year down the line, would not surprise me one bit. 

The answer is we’ll probably never know, especially if it wasn’t done right.

7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

There is a 3rd train of thought, that the ‘6 figures’ COULD be as high as a kick in the arse off £1million.

The question is, since the club are clearly not going to clarify, is do we trust that the regime headed by Levein got this right ? Rumour has it that JJ negotiated this deal or had a part in it. I will be astonished if he undersold it. Levein underselling it, especially if he caved to the pressure of losing Hickey for next to nothing a year down the line, would not surprise me one bit. 

I think we probably will know Jimmy, maybe after this window closes or when the accounts are published for this year.

Part of me wants to believe we are bluffing and have received a decent sell on amount, but the realist in me is smelling that we have totally misjudged the speed of the lads progression and made a complete James Hunt of it .

Supporters should spend more time looking forward to what goes on, on the pitch and a lot less time worrying about what goes on, of it.

Makes being a supporter much more enjoyable.

No need to thank me 😀

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

It's a forum, people post their opinion, if you think "pointing and laughing" at them for having a fair opinion is appropriate then maybe forums are not for you.

They can spout their opinion, but when/if someone else calls it out as shite they should be prepared to not get so precious about it. 

Folk that are posting they feel physically sick about a transfer imo need pointed at and laughed it. 

Absurd does not cover it. 

I worry that I may share a space with some of these drama Queens every couple of weeks, it gives me the fear. 

After all, it's about opinions. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Because they don't want to. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Because they don't need to. 

FTFY.

Its nobody’s business, so many ‘fans’ on here all of a sudden demanding answers, Hobos trying to whip up a frenzy IMO.

We don’t deserve anymore from the Hickey deal in my opinion.

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

FTFY.

Its nobody’s business, so many ‘fans’ on here all of a sudden demanding answers, Hobos trying to whip up a frenzy IMO.

We don’t deserve anymore from the Hickey deal in my opinion.

Correct. 

However, Deserved or not we should have put in a % sell on clause. 

However, the minimum he would have made us is, even In the worst situation is around £1.3m  which given his age, his number of top flight appearances and his contract situation is hardly horrific, gross negligence or a thing that should make people sick. 

If it's a set fee it's an opportunity missed but no one knows what Bologna or Hickey demanded and how the transfer was negotiated. 

Too many jump on the slagging Hearts band wagon way too easily and quickly. 

9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

to be fair not a lot of clubs do come out and say what their sell on ‘received’ figure is.  
I think this thread is pretty much done as it’s going round in circles 

Italian Lambretta
5 hours ago, Westfield Hearts said:

Just first team messing about shooting in at Riccarton no sign of Bob, no training as such, new whitish tops look good.

Where the defenders taking turns of shooting in?

Mr Brightside
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

If you watch the bbc documentary it appears that JJ is involved in the transfer, nothing to do with Levein. Budge mentions the deal is just about done with a few clauses to be finalised.

Italian Lambretta
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

to be fair not a lot of clubs do come out and say what their sell on ‘received’ figure is.  
I think this thread is pretty much done as it’s going round in circles 

They aint going to tell because everyone apart from the Hearts fans will be pishing themselves at the meagre amount we will receive.

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

I think we probably will know Jimmy, maybe after this window closes or when the accounts are published for this year.

Part of me wants to believe we are bluffing and have received a decent sell on amount, but the realist in me is smelling that we have totally misjudged the speed of the lads progression and made a complete James Hunt of it .

I’ve never heard of a sell-on clause that paid out a fixed amount. Literally the only reason for their existence is when a club has a rapidly appreciating asset and expects them to sell for big money in future. There would be no point in including one that paid out a fixed sum, especially of £150k. We’d just ask for more money on the table instead. This is why I don’t believe a word of this. I’m convinced Hearts are due a percentage and are being very coy about it.

Edited by Doc Rob

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

I’ve never heard of a sell-on clause that paid out a fixed amount. Literally the only reason for their existence is when a club has a rapidly appreciating asset and expects them to sell for big money in future. There would be no point in including one that paid out a fixed sum, especially of £150k. We’d just ask for more money on the table instead. This is why I don’t believe a word of this. I’m convinced Hearts are due a percentage and are being very coy about it.

This doctor talks sense. 

It would, however make a fixed £ amount even more bizarre. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

They aint going to tell because everyone apart from the Hearts fans will be pishing themselves at the meagre amount we will receive.

No one will be pishing themselves at us. 

We're the envy of most clubs-

No bad debt 

3rd biggest crowds 

Demoted, ****ed over then strolled 3rd to get European group stage football. 

Foh

Sold out stadium 

Around £1.5m( at least) for Hickey. 

Aye, teams will be pissing themselves at us. 

Give yourself a break. 

Strangest term for describing your home support I’ve heard.

On the other hand I have described “The Hibs fans” many times.

2 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

It does sound really weird. What might make sense about it being 6 figures is if its less than 10%, e.g. 5% would be £700k (assuming its of £14m, I'm not sure if add ons are separate). 

Hopefully as you say though, the club is being coy.

And you will be leading the pishing brigade. Except nobody knows what we will get

THIS PLACE IS REEKING.

Some score for Falkirk tonight, only posting that here as it seems a popular thread for them all.

hereford_hearts

2 of my Arsenal mates are spitting blood that he only went for 19m, and Arsenal didn't gazump Brentford for him. 

They're pissed off the Tierney is constantly injured, and we're hoping he was sold, and Hickey bought! 

The Real Maroonblood
22 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Stop posting pish.

• 4 weeks later...
Malinga the Swinga

Man City off and running, Man Utd still shit. Change the thread name FFS, we are due nothing more from Hickey and he's just another player for a club nobody gives a **** about.

Malinga the Swinga

Be surprised if Grealish sees out contract at Man City. Utter show pony who contributed little and just slows up whole team.

Never worth £100m, not even close.

31 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

MOTM by some margin in today's game at Leicester, Brentford  coming back from 2-0 down.

Thought he got subbed

27 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Man City off and running, Man Utd still shit. Change the thread name FFS, we are due nothing more from Hickey and he's just another player for a club nobody gives a **** about.

You sound an absolute treat...

😬🤯

4 minutes ago, moonraker said:

Thought he got subbed

in the 84th minute, you might be thinking of their other debutant ben mee who got hooked after 60 mins

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, moonraker said:

Thought he got subbed

And still MOM!

35 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Start a thread on the EPL. If there isn't one already. The topic of this thread is Aaron Hickey although the title does need updating.

I can't imagine comments on Mackay and Young and Mann and Gordon when they moved on got the same vehement response as those on Hickey get? I wonder why.

I think the thing with Hickey is, he's not really in the "one of our own" category and barely played 2 dozen games for the club.... that's possibly the angle Malinga is coming from.

Malinga the Swinga
13 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

I think the thing with Hickey is, he's not really in the "one of our own" category and barely played 2 dozen games for the club.... that's possibly the angle Malinga is coming from.

Partly, although I did think it was English thread. Don't understand the underlying love for Hickey though, considering how few games he played for us and he isn't even Hearts supporter.

Malinga the Swinga
33 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

And still MOM!

Start a thread on the EPL. If there isn't one already. The topic of this thread is Aaron Hickey although the title does need updating.

I can't imagine comments on Mackay and Young and Mann and Gordon when they moved on got the same vehement response as those on Hickey get? I wonder why.

I don't know, why do you think that?