English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

The cavani goal was onside only because fernandes didn't touch the ball, albeit very close.    I'm against that kind of rule, it's almost like they know VAR will allow it.   Shouldn't be allowed.   They should disallow for anyone that is that close to touching the ball by attempting to kick it. 

No he was offside because he didn’t touch it, they were saying he touched it so that then makes Cavani onside. No shock they get a hand off the officials as her usual. 

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I watched the last 20 minutes.    The funniest thing was the ref booked a sub for the mass pushing fight during injury time.    I mean he could've booked every player from both sides.    The Chelsea game.   I got the score right , 😊

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No he was offside because he didn’t touch it, they were saying he touched it so that then makes Cavani onside. No shock they get a hand off the officials as her usual. 

OK.   I'll have to watch that again.   I see your point.   Come to think of it I recall he was in offside position when de Gea kicked it.    It wasn't a goal kick was it? 🤣  How they've missed that if so,  is a joke. 

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

OK.   I'll have to watch that again.   I see your point.   Come to think of it I recall he was in offside position when de Gea kicked it.    It wasn't a goal kick was it? 🤣  How they've missed that if so,  is a joke. 

They've missed it because they are incompetent. Too busy drawing lines from when they thought Fernandes touched it rather than actually making sure he did touch it.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Yeah it’s something that should’ve been picked up. Fernandes said the linesman told him you touched it didn’t you, he didn’t know if he did 🙈. Great finish though. 

12 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

I watched the last 20 minutes.    The funniest thing was the ref booked a sub for the mass pushing fight during injury time.    I mean he could've booked every player from both sides.    The Chelsea game.   I got the score right , 😊

First big brawl for over a year. No coincidence fans back.

FA charge and fines coming. 

Spurs booed off at half time 🤣

It is also a bit shit how the fans are in the upper tiers so the banners/ad shite can be left in the lower tiers. Showing how much the fans matter?

Maroon Sailor

Newcastle 1-0 Sheff Utd

Joe Willock again - scored in 6 consecutive games now

9 minutes ago, kila said:

Spurs booed off at half time 🤣

It is also a bit shit how the fans are in the upper tiers so the banners/ad shite can be left in the lower tiers. Showing how much the fans matter?

Paid £60 to do that 

Maroon Sailor

Saint Maximin is unplayable at times. He's got defenders twisted inside out

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Palace fans paid £30 to do this

Very nice.    I like that.   All the best to Roy. 

I've got arsenal to win 2-0, 2-1.    So hope Palace lose tonight.  🙏

Maroon Sailor
12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Palace fans paid £30 to do this

This always makes me laugh

What a great move for Arsenal's opener...fine goal and Tierney involved.....1-0

Got to say Palace could have had a couple sent off but for shall we say a liberal attitude by the ref and VAR officials

Edited by CJGJ

Spurs will almost certainly need to beat Leicester City away to qualify for Europe this weekend....Harry will need to do something in what might be his last match for them

Everton win tonight, West Ham could leapfrog them tonight and Arsenal if they win tonight have a chance depending on results

Burnley v Liverpool 8.15pm

Just the sort of side to upset the predictions made by many.....Mr Dyche loves a good battle

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Burnley v Liverpool 8.15pm

Just the sort of side to upset the predictions made by many.....Mr Dyche loves a good battle

They haven't won at home for yonks !

Stuffed 0-4 by Leeds at the weekend 

Goal Arsenal and 2-1 up with injury time beckoning.....gives them a chance of Europe....still

Edit 3-1 pre VAR check

Edited by CJGJ

21 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Goal Arsenal and 2-1 up with injury time beckoning.....gives them a chance of Europe....still

Edit 3-1 pre VAR check

1-3.    Typical. 

😭

Maroon Sailor

Burnley 0-2 Liverpool

Nat Phillips

Seen his Dad play for Bolton

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Malinga the Swinga

Burnley, Crystal Palace, Brighton, Southampton and the rest really are utter dog shit football clubs. 

Sole ambition to finish 4th bottom, no ambition to play full side in cups and yet claim to be a part of 'greatest league'  in the world. 

Managers who set side out to boot anything that moves, throw themselves to the ground if someone so much as looks at one of their players and couldn't set up an attacking team to save their lives. 

Sean Dyce, Big Sam, Roy Hodgson and so over rated just because they're English,uch like the majority of their players. 

Maroon Sailor

Burnley 0-3 Liverpool

One goal victory on Sunday should see Liverpool in CL next season

Malinga the Swinga

Looks like while Leicester won cup, they have blown top 4 for 2nd season in a row. 

Might squeak it if Chelsea win final against Man City, but while players win trophy, would club prefer CL entry. 

Would a draw be good enough for West Ham.

How many teams get in the Europa League.

Leicester have to hope Chelsea slip up at Villa and beat Spurs.

Arsenal could still get into the Europa Conference League.

Edited by benny

2 minutes ago, benny said:

Yeah. Just a point on Sunday.

Not a great performance but a great result 

4 minutes ago, benny said:

7th place is Conference 

Not sure if 5th and 6th is Europa league. Not sure about FA Cup but Leicester get that anyway. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Pasquale for King

Kane definitely said goodbye to the Spurs fans tonight, away to join a team that wins trophies. 

indianajones
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Kane definitely said goodbye to the Spurs fans tonight, away to join a team that wins trophies. 

He's gotta go imo. 

Guy deserves success and I really hope he gets it. A very good professional and role model. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

He's gotta go imo. 

Guy deserves success and I really hope he gets it. A very good professional and role model. 

He’s a diving ***** so not a role model really. If he goes to City it’s game over for every team in England and the possibly the rest of Europe. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He’s a diving ***** so not a role model really. If he goes to City it’s game over for every team in England and the possibly the rest of Europe. 

Would like to see him at Liverpool in a swap plus cash for Mane. If he moves it's going to have to involve other players to bring the fee down.   

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Allardyce to leave WBA

He'll hang about like a bad smell getting paid by talksport to spout pish until December/January when some other daft chairman will see the fat rank as their club's saviour. 

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

No more or less than most buy he is one of the best and could play for any team on the planet. 

Hopefully not Man City though. 

The Treasurer

"just" a point !!!

It's West Ham you're talking about.

Guaranteed it won't be straightforward

Maroon Sailor
20 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

"just" a point !!!

It's West Ham you're talking about.

Guaranteed it won't be straightforward

That's the way it should be. I bet some Man City fans miss that nervous tension their club used to put them through.

Jeffros Furios

Big Sam will get another short term job at a fairly big club tearing itself apart , Rooney will continue to struggle at Derby  and Big Sam would drag them to respectability.  

Kane will probably stay in England but not Chelsea .

SectionDJambo

I think that if I was a Leicester City fan, I'd rather have seen my team win the FA Cup for the first time than qualify for the Champions League. It would be great to do both, of course, but trophies are what football is about and only one EPL team gets a trophy for finishing in the top 4.

It's the top 4 thinking, to grab some cash for club owners, that frustrates fans who want a trip to Wembley for a cup final. Probably even more so for fans of clubs in the bottom 10 which sacrifice their chances in the cups to rest players for a relegation battle. The FA Cup might still be the best domestic cup competition in the world despite the crazy attitude of too many clubs towards it. 

EagleJambo
On 17/05/2021 at 11:58, Pasquale for King said:

Brilliant. Could you do us all a favour and give us a wee rundown of the experience with what they ask you do with masks, social distancing etc please?

So - great to be back at a football match last night (Palace-Arsenal). Decent game and thought we would hold out for a draw to give Roy a good send-off but wasn't to be. Atmosphere was good even though ground was only 25% full and, boy, was it good to give the opposition players some abuse, even through a facemask! Interestingly, the Fanatics weren't out in force and no banners or drum (not sure if that was their choice or the clubs).

Match experience was fine. Match tickets specified entry times in order to stagger the arrival of supporters. Both myself and my son were late for our entry times but no trouble getting into ground. Food and drink outlets were open though no alcohol on sale (presumably not an issue for you guys at Tynecastle). Stewards were out in force but were pretty relaxed. I saw groups of people sitting together (not sure they were in the same social bubbles) and quite a few people without facemasks. I reckon they were leaving it to people to decide themselves what level of risk they were prepared to take (unless there was serious trouble in which case they would intervene).

Overall, an enjoyable experience (apart from the defeat!) and I wouldn't hesitate to go back under similar circumstances, though hopefully we won't need to worry about that next season.

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I think that if I was a Leicester City fan, I'd rather have seen my team win the FA Cup for the first time than qualify for the Champions League. It would be great to do both, of course, but trophies are what football is about and only one EPL team gets a trophy for finishing in the top 4.

It's the top 4 thinking, to grab some cash for club owners, that frustrates fans who want a trip to Wembley for a cup final. Probably even more so for fans of clubs in the bottom 10 which sacrifice their chances in the cups to rest players for a relegation battle. The FA Cup might still be the best domestic cup competition in the world despite the crazy attitude of too many clubs towards it. 

FA cup over 4th place all day long

Maroon Sailor

Hope Shellick go for Short term Sham. That'll really wind it up their hoops

The Real Maroonblood
11 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Looks like while Leicester won cup, they have blown top 4 for 2nd season in a row. 

Might squeak it if Chelsea win final against Man City, but while players win trophy, would club prefer CL entry. 

Liverpool making a decent effort to try and clinch fourth spot.

11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

7th place is Conference 

Not sure if 5th and 6th is Europa league. Not sure about FA Cup but Leicester get that anyway. 

Hope Everton get into the conference crap tournament for a crap club good luck with the thursday/sunday football.