• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Abysmal defending by West Brom

1-1

Liverpool need to score can see WBA parking a bus in the last 25 mins . 

Maroon Sailor

Big 15 minutes for Liverpool

1 point is not a disaster but could do with the 3

Maroon Sailor

Allardyce has got the wood on Klopp

This will be the 6th consecutive match a team he has managed hasn't lost to Liverpool under Klopp

16 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Big 15 minutes for Liverpool

1 point is not a disaster but could do with the 3

Massive summer for Liverpool on the recruitment side. Just hope that they don’t take the Europa league serious and play the reserves or fringe players and focus on the league next season. 

The front 3 need freshened up think it’s time to move Bobby on. I’m hoping Harvey Elliott comes back and doesn’t go back out on loan.

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Allison scores with the last touch of the match !

Unbelievable 

Get ****ing in there!!!!

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

FT

West Brom 1-2 Liverpool

Mike Dean and VAR won't be popular with Big Sam in his after match interviews.

John Findlay

Lucky, lucky Liverpool today. 

Got a very big slice of it with the VAR decision ruling Bartley's goal for WBA offside. I will say this though. It was a cracking header from Allison.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think it should have stood 

Footballfirst
16 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The WBA goal should have stood and there was no foul in the build up to Liverpool's opening goal. At worst, if Mike Dean thought he had got in the way, then the restart should have been a dropped ball to a Liverpool player, not a free kick. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Big Sam: "The bigger disappointment from me is on the two decisions. Outrageous is an understatement by the way."

21 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I thought the VAR decision was a  farce. Keeper has a perfect view of the header but it's so well placed he's never going to save it anyway. 

Post match, I enjoyed hearing Alisson thank all the clubs who'd written to him following the death of his father , naming Everton in particular. Nice touch.

Jammy barstewards though. 

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

VAR ruling out a West Brom goal.

Goalscorer was onside as well

Real Madrid have just scored and goal stands with a tighter line on the keeper.

A goal that could win them the league. 

Edited by Mikey1874

20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If Chelsea beat Leicester it could come down to goal difference for 4th. 

Could even go down to goals scored for third or fourth (X2 clubs on equal points 69 and goal difference!)!

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Fat Sam can sit there and take it like a growing man. I hope he enjoys the championship 🖐🏼

8 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Fat Sam can sit there and take it like a growing man. I hope he enjoys the championship 🖐🏼

True. 

But you can guarantee Liverpool will moan and complain at any decisions that go against them. Klopp especially.

I've always said accept the decisions but there's very few in football that do. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

True. 

But you can guarantee Liverpool will moan and complain at any decisions that go against them. Klopp especially.

I've always said accept the decisions but there's very few in football that do. 

Klopp has been a moan this season. 

This has been the first year of VAR and it’s here to stay I don’t like it I wish the EPL never had it but it’s natural to moan about it if it doesn’t go your way.

Footballfirst
21 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Klopp has been a moan this season. 

This has been the first year of VAR and it’s here to stay I don’t like it I wish the EPL never had it but it’s natural to moan about it if it doesn’t go your way.

I always thought that the line of sight interpretation of offside only related to the final shot at goal.

If not, you could argue that an attacker around the penalty spot,  with two defenders, plus an attacker (offside) directly between the keeper and the goal, who makes as if to shoot but passes the ball to another attacker (onside), who scores, should then have the goal disallowed. 

Edited by Footballfirst

1 minute ago, kila said:

When did Leicester and Chelsea play their postponed games due to the cup final yesterday?

Everyone on 36 I’m no sure when they fitted them in . They play each other Wednesday in the league at the bridge. 

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Everyone on 36 I’m no sure when they fitted them in . They play each other Wednesday in the league at the bridge. 

It's Tuesday at 8:15. Liverpool plays Burnley away on Wednesday

Loved the goal etc but best bit has been reading all about 'Big Sam' and his moaning and groaning

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke

Pasquale for King

Imagine getting beat off SHU and Heckingbottom, hang your head in shame Ancelotti 🙈

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Imagine getting beat off SHU and Heckingbottom, hang your head in shame Ancelotti 🙈

I never felt more like singing the blues...................................................................:rofl:

Malinga the Swinga

Deans refereeing was a joke, but then again, he has always been a joke. 

First foul just excuse to give ball to Liverpool and no way that goal wouldn't have stood if Liverpool had scored it.

VAR officials allowed Arsenal goal against Fulham in exactly the same situation a couple of weeks ago. Refs favouring the big team is something we see up here all too often. 

Allison came over well with interview. Seems a decent. enough bloke. 

4 hours ago, kila said:

When did Leicester and Chelsea play their postponed games due to the cup final yesterday?

Last week! Chelsea lost to the Arse’ & LCFC won at ManUre 

13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Remember when Everton won the league and became the power house in Liverpool AFTER the first 7 games. 

:greggy:

EagleJambo

Have got tickets for the Palace-Arsenal game on Wednesday. First game since March last year. Going to feel very weird indeed!

Pasquale for King

Remember when Everton won the league and became the power house in Liverpool AFTER the first 7 games. 

:greggy:

They’ve set a new record with 9 losses at home in a season. 
I find it strange that they don’t just at least attempt to hit Calvert-Lewin with nearly every cross, they barely look for him when I see them😆?

I think Ancelotti is a bit like Jose in that he’s won lots of trophies by being defensive. 

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I never felt more like singing the blues...................................................................:rofl:

When Robbo scores and the Hibees lose. 
Love that song, heard it first on the way to Parkhead for the 96 Coca Cola cup final. 

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Deans refereeing was a joke, but then again, he has always been a joke. 

First foul just excuse to give ball to Liverpool and no way that goal wouldn't have stood if Liverpool had scored it.

VAR officials allowed Arsenal goal against Fulham in exactly the same situation a couple of weeks ago. Refs favouring the big team is something we see up here all too often. 

Allison came over well with interview. Seems a decent. enough bloke. 

That’s always been my worry if we get VAR, it’s the same corrupt *******s looking at the pictures. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’ve set a new record with 9 losses at home in a season. 
I find it strange that they don’t just at least attempt to hit Calvert-Lewin with nearly every cross, they barely look for him when I see them😆?

I think Ancelotti is a bit like Jose in that he’s won lots of trophies by being defensive. 

They are the Hibs of Liverpool. they think they are massive and when they are 3 points a head in the league they are the bigger team in the city. they are an embarrassment the amount of managers they rave about and 6 months later calling for them to be sacked. The video of the fans walking through lime street station singing about Liverpool not winning the league in 2019 is the only thing they have celebrated  since 1995.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

They are the Hibs of Liverpool. they think they are massive and when they are 3 points a head in the league they are the bigger team in the city. they are an embarrassment the amount of managers they rave about and 6 months later calling for them to be sacked. The video of the fans walking through lime street station singing about Liverpool not winning the league in 2019 is the only thing they have celebrated  since 1995.

Can’t argue with any of that, can’t say I’m a fan of them. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can’t argue with any of that, can’t say I’m a fan of them. 

I'm a Liverpool fan I've met a few Everton over the years of working and they are something else. They do have a couple no bad players but they just seem to buy the crap no one else wants and over the odds for them too. 

Pasquale for King

I'm a Liverpool fan I've met a few Everton over the years of working and they are something else. They do have a couple no bad players but they just seem to buy the crap no one else wants and over the odds for them too. 

Yeah I guessed that, I like Liverpool, had the yellow strip with the red stripes in the 80s. Like City too. Can’t stand United or Spurs (London Hibs). 
Everton fans certainly seem to have delusions of grandeur and importance much like our neighbours. 

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, EagleJambo said:

Have got tickets for the Palace-Arsenal game on Wednesday. First game since March last year. Going to feel very weird indeed!

Enjoy, you lucky so and so

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, EagleJambo said:

Brilliant. Could you do us all a favour and give us a wee rundown of the experience with what they ask you do with masks, social distancing etc please?

Maroon Sailor
27 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I've worked with Scousers most of my working life but the one thing Evertonians hate are plastic reds. Pubs in the likes of Weymouth, Plymouth etc full of Liverpool fans when they are on the TV

I was in a pub in the Barbican, Plymouth the night Plymouth played Liverpool in the FA cup and it was full of Janners in Liverpool gear cheering on Liverpool to beat their home town team !

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I've worked with Scousers most of my working life but the one thing Evertonians hate are plastic reds. Pubs in the likes of Weymouth, Plymouth etc full of Liverpool fans when they are on the TV

I was in a pub in the Barbican, Plymouth the night Plymouth played Liverpool in the FA cup and it was full of Janners in Liverpool gear cheering on Liverpool to beat their home town team !

Yeah I do get that with some towns and city's in England or Wales they have teams and they are populated with Liverpool and Man Utd fans and don't support their local team. I have been to a lot of Liverpool games home and away and met fans from all over the UK who travel to Liverpool. I was in Homebake waiting for the fans to leave before trying to get a taxi back to the hotel after Liverpool v Everton Fa cup a few seasons ago I got talking to a Liverpool fan who had a season ticket who lived in Leicester. I went to Crystal Palace away a few seasons ago and one of there pubs outside the ground were for Liverpool fans only I went in before the match full of Liverpool fans with London accents who were watching the game on TV.

Its going to happen when they are that big in football I get Everton fans pain over this but I do feel there is a ounce of jealousy in the blue sh!te camp.   

EagleJambo
27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Brilliant. Could you do us all a favour and give us a wee rundown of the experience with what they ask you do with masks, social distancing etc please?

Will do. Just completed a health questionnaire sent by Palace with various questions about Covid, health and overseas travel. Have to complete it and submit it before tickets are sent to us. Also detailed instructions about wearing facemask in ground, not getting close to anyone other than in your social bubble and no hugging in the unlikely event that we score! Going to be a very interesting experience!!

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, EagleJambo said:

Will do. Just completed a health questionnaire sent by Palace with various questions about Covid, health and overseas travel. Have to complete it and submit it before tickets are sent to us. Also detailed instructions about wearing facemask in ground, not getting close to anyone other than in your social bubble and no hugging in the unlikely event that we score! Going to be a very interesting experience!!

Interesting, cheers for that. Hope you get a win, a work mate is a Palace fan so I always cheer them on. 

Seymour M Hersh
17 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It was the correct decision to rule it out.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

We have a few fans from around the U.K. ourselves. 
My mate is from Wigan and they all support United or Liverpool, because they never used to play them. Wigan’s only sell outs were against these two teams. 
Success brings that though, look at how many buses go to see the uglies so you can see why folk would hate it. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Exactly.
Not sure how many games this guy watches but teams for it all the time, but the guy doing it has to stay onside. 

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Take that player out and nothing changes to what happens next