English Premier League.

maroonlegions

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looks like Liverpool's to lose.

20240401_132941.jpg

Looking at the lists of fixtures, I think there are plenty twists and turns to come for all three teams.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looks like Liverpool's to lose.

20240401_132941.jpg

It is Liverpool’s to lose as they hold the advantage.   However, I think if City win that last game at Spurs it’s theirs.  I’d be surprised if they don’t win their 8 games before that one (Brighton away is the dodgiest one) but they’re not firing on all cylinders yet this season. 

AndrewB
14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The majority of games are real snore fests these days, some teams play great quick attacking football but the rest are a huge turn off. 

I watched MOTD on Sunday morning and thought most games were excellent until it got to Hibs’ Daddies vs Everton which had all the quality of Peterhead v Clyde about it.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Everton enjoying points deductions 

Yet they’re building a multi million pound stadium. Arsenal and Spurs both built new stadiums that were side by side with a period of being financially frugal. Everton don’t seem to quite understand that. They should have a good look at Valencia. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Yet they’re building a multi million pound stadium. Arsenal and Spurs both built new stadiums that were side by side with a period of being financially frugal. Everton don’t seem to quite understand that. They should have a good look at Valencia. 

Liverpool, too, rebuilt Anfield and remained competitive.

Arsenal to lose the league and Everton to stay up on the final day, in the same match.

:fonzie:

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, AndrewB said:

I watched MOTD on Sunday morning and thought most games were excellent until it got to Hibs’ Daddies vs Everton which had all the quality of Peterhead v Clyde about it.

I fall asleep routinely watching it nowadays, edited highlights can hide a multitude of sins. Sometimes when I watch our games on Sportscene it can look and feel completely different to what you watched hours earlier. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Everton enjoying points deductions 

They have a championship team with a manager to match, they should be ok to come straight back up. 

Stephen Warnock getting the piss ripped out of him on twitter for his analysis and how amazing it is how Alexis MacAllister was found by Liverpool.

Amazing how they ‘found’ a World Cup winner that had played over 100 games for a team in the same league. Serious scouting skills there. 

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, Tazio said:

Stephen Warnock getting the piss ripped out of him on twitter for his analysis and how amazing it is how Alexis MacAllister was found by Liverpool.

Amazing how they ‘found’ a World Cup winner that had played over 100 games for a team in the same league. Serious scouting skills there. 

And every signing since 2018 has been funded by the sale of Coutinho, apparently  🙄

kingantti1874
16 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Liverpool, too, rebuilt Anfield and remained competitive.

With the benefit of champions league income and an already established income

FFP is a joke, designed to prevent investment and protect clubs like Liverpool, man U and Arsenal from any more Man City’s . Ensuing they continue to dominate.

30 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

And every signing since 2018 has been funded by the sale of Coutinho, apparently  🙄

While turning a blind eye to the 4th biggest player wage bill in the EPL. Which is fair enough as they’re a massive club but the fans love to trot out this ‘winning on a shoestring’ narrative which is patently shite. It’s only a shoestring compared to the Manchester clubs. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

With the benefit of champions league income and an already established income

FFP is a joke, designed to prevent investment and protect clubs like Liverpool, man U and Arsenal from any more Man City’s . Ensuing they continue to dominate.

Why Everton so shit, then? And Spurs.

chrystaf
23 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I fall asleep routinely watching it nowadays, edited highlights can hide a multitude of sins. Sometimes when I watch our games on Sportscene it can look and feel completely different to what you watched hours earlier. 

What I notice watching MOTD is how many glaring misses are made by some high profile names.  Salah and Haaland, namely only two, missed shed loads of chances last weekend,  as do others on a regular basis.

Maybe we're a bit too critical of  our players.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, chrystaf said:

What I notice watching MOTD is how many glaring misses are made by some high profile names.  Salah and Haaland, namely only two, missed shed loads of chances last weekend,  as do others on a regular basis.

Yeah they really do, Shankland for example rarely misses chances which is good because we don’t create many for him.
I can only speak for myself but yes I am way too critical of our players, but we have to be to achieve the level we should be at. 

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Why Everton so shit, then? And Spurs.

Because they hired crap managers and players, look at the difference a decent manager has made at Spurs. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Because they hired crap managers and players, look at the difference a decent manager has made at Spurs. 

That's pretty much it, down south everyone is loaded. If only Everton had kept Ancelotti.

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

That's pretty much it, down south everyone is loaded. If only Everton had kept Ancelotti.

I think he made the right choice 😆

Mikey1874

Exhibit D

Club relying on always being in the Premier League. Shit and fan.

Mikey1874
9 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Why Everton so shit, then? 

After you

Luckies1874

Everton are embarrassingly bad. Like no effort bad. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

After you

:lol: Luton at home to Everton on 4th May.

Luckies1874

That Beto has to be one of the poorest strikers to have played EPL football in recent times. Dreadful. 

AndrewB
22 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

:lol: Luton at home to Everton on 4th May.

I think Everton play all or most of their relegation rivals.  Could be interesting.

The money down there gets more insane the more you read. Spurs have just posted their financial results for the last year. £80m losses. Despite £550m turnover and £138m profit from operations. So the £80m is basically what they spent on players. I’m not sure how any club down there can be running in the black without underhand financial shenanigans 

Mikey1874

Brighton £112 million profit BUT just short of £400 million in debt from owner loans.

tian447
16 hours ago, chrystaf said:

Salah is an absolutely woeful footballer, don't let the money and hype fool you.

He regularly miskicks the ball and sends it nowhere near where it needs to go, or does so at very little pace. Total scuff merchant, and it's got to be at least a 50/50 ratio of "is it going to be a good connection or not?".  His placement of the ball is minging as well, if he's ever one-on-one with the keeper, it's either going right at him or well wide. 

He's rather obvious with which way he's going to try and turn a defender, and he's really only got his pace as an attribute which you can only rely on for so long. 

Of course he scores goals, and has a habit of popping up in the right place, but it's only because he is fed chance after chance after chance, and is also a greedy ******* with the ball.  A lot of his goals are comedy miskicks that end up in the net which MoTD never seem to really highlight. Funny that. 

It just annoys me how much people blow smoke up his arse.  We are massively critical of our own players, but if Shankland spunked the number of chances away that Salah does, I'd be wanting to ship him off to somewhere like Peterhead, never to return. 

Bad Religion
6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Salah is an absolutely woeful footballer, don't let the money and hype fool you.

He regularly miskicks the ball and sends it nowhere near where it needs to go, or does so at very little pace. Total scuff merchant, and it's got to be at least a 50/50 ratio of "is it going to be a good connection or not?".  His placement of the ball is minging as well, if he's ever one-on-one with the keeper, it's either going right at him or well wide. 

He's rather obvious with which way he's going to try and turn a defender, and he's really only got his pace as an attribute which you can only rely on for so long. 

Of course he scores goals, and has a habit of popping up in the right place, but it's only because he is fed chance after chance after chance, and is also a greedy ******* with the ball.  A lot of his goals are comedy miskicks that end up in the net which MoTD never seem to really highlight. Funny that. 

It just annoys me how much people blow smoke up his arse.  We are massively critical of our own players, but if Shankland spunked the number of chances away that Salah does, I'd be wanting to ship him off to somewhere like Peterhead, never to return. 

😂

🤦🏼‍♂️

briever
21 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Pin on Things that make me laugh

briever
43 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Brighton £112 million profit BUT just short of £400 million in debt from owner loans.

And going nowhere in the league - shocking away form.

John Findlay
45 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Is it still April the first?

55 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I don’t know how it happened but I can only assume he has shagged your Mrs, that or smack can be the only excuse for this kind of posting. 

All strikers miss chances but have the ability to put it behind them and score the next one. Salah is an outstanding player ffs. 

tian447

I've said it, and I stand by it. 

Salah annoys the crap out of me with his end product. He should be so much better than he is. 

tian447
3 hours ago, briever said:

Pin on Things that make me laugh

Makes a change, eh? 

Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I've said it, and I stand by it. 

Salah annoys the crap out of me with his end product. He should be so much better than he is. 

Fair enough

Des Lynam
3 hours ago, tian447 said:

giphy-downsized.gif

Edited by Des Lynam

tian447
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fair enough

Yeah, but when you get 5 or 6 chances every single game because you are the focal point of the attack, you're talking the best part of 200 chances. 

I'll be honest, I don't give that much of a shite about the English Premier League and their overpaid millionaires.  I just regularly see Salah (and others) make mistakes that our players would be absolutely slated for. 

IronJambo
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Yeah, but when you get 5 or 6 chances every single game because you are the focal point of the attack, you're talking the best part of 200 chances. 

I'll be honest, I don't give that much of a shite about the English Premier League and their overpaid millionaires.  I just regularly see Salah (and others) make mistakes that our players would be absolutely slated for. 

There's some merit to what you're saying. Richarlison for instance, seems to waste nine out of ten chances. Michail Antonio once claimed he would score 30 goals a season for Man City and whilst I can what see he was trying to put across it's just a laughable suggestion. 

You're way off calling Salah woeful though. He's consistently scored a stupid amount of goals for liverpool and something like 49 goals in 66 games for Egypt. 

Edited by IronJambo

RustyRightPeg
5 hours ago, tian447 said:

Hold on a minute?! 😂 Woeful?

A habit of popping up in the right place is a skill that every striker wishes they had. 

This is up there with one of the worst takes I've ever read and that's saying something. 

6 hours ago, tian447 said:

I know football is all about opinions but this is 

:awful:

briever
3 hours ago, tian447 said:

Makes a change, eh? 

Quite the ratio your opinion piece.

tian447
1 hour ago, briever said:

Quite the ratio your opinion piece.

Oh well, won't be the first, and won't be the last. 

Better go to bed early and cry myself to sleep :thumbsup:

Mikey1874

After being dire on Sunday, this is much better to be fair.

After Arsenal praised for defending deep, Aston Villa punished for being too deep.

Jim_Duncan
4 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

"Woeful"  :vrface:

Like watching David Witteveen.