St Mirren player tests positive for Covid - Zlamal signs on loan

Jamie86

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They did similar at Murray field two weeks earlier. Starting off small to test processes etc.. seems sensible to me then build up numbers. All moot now given the covid numbers are higher. 

it will be to do with the pinch points of people accessing and exiting the stadium. This would be the points where those people would be in closer vicinity rather than the socially distanced seating they would be allocated. How to manage that will be one of the main bits of information gained by the test events.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Deevers

• Nookie Bear

Just now, milky_26 said:

it will be to do with the pinch points of people accessing and exiting the stadium. This would be the points where those people would be in closer vicinity rather than the socially distanced seating they would be allocated. How to manage that will be one of the main bits of information gained by the test events.

It would be interesting to see the testplan and results. Some stadiums will be safer than others so how they score should influence the numbers allowed. 

Hagar the Horrible

lets just be clear, they all wanted 6 weeks of a pre-season minumum,  there is over 3 weeks to go, and most clubs are still milking furlough.  300 hundred fans at Albion Rovers compared to 300 at Parkheed.  BCD is cheaper for all apart from Division 2.

How many are back in full training, not many.  But more than Hamilton has sold season tickets...

13 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

lets just be clear, they all wanted 6 weeks of a pre-season minumum,  there is over 3 weeks to go, and most clubs are still milking furlough.  300 hundred fans at Albion Rovers compared to 300 at Parkheed.  BCD is cheaper for all apart from Division 2.

How many are back in full training, not many.  But more than Hamilton has sold season tickets...

The bigger clubs will be eager to get their hospitality suites open first I imagine. 

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

The bigger clubs will be eager to get their hospitality suites open first I imagine. 

How so far did the 300 meet the selection criteria, was it just a lottery draw?  If I had a season ticket for corporate, I would expect to be drawn lucky every time, even if its to sit in with the main stand.  And the rule of six plays a huge part

Hagar the Horrible

EFL clubs given the go-ahead with upto 1000 this week end,  bit of a slap in the face if you cant visit a loved one because it would breach the rule of 6

1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

How so far did the 300 meet the selection criteria, was it just a lottery draw?  If I had a season ticket for corporate, I would expect to be drawn lucky every time, even if its to sit in with the main stand.  And the rule of six plays a huge part

The 300 was meant to be a random draw. I expect no movement in crowds until numbers go down. Could be a while. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

"Yes, we've been treated like shit throughout but that's not our problem."

Indeed. Not our problem? I could have sworn that being treated like shit led to us not having a game on Saturday while St Mirren did. It led to us being in the Championship. It led to us needing to try to sue the SPFL for £8m that we will lose this year. But apparently none of that is a problem for us now. Some posters have really jumped the shark trying to defend this one.

We can't influence how other clubs act. In the same way as it's not your problem if the dick walkng towards you on the street during pandemic chooses not to move slightly to the side to create space when you do or the ****wit behind you in the queue coughs and isn't wearing a mask when you are. You can only influence your own behaviour. Other people's behaviour is their problem.

The other clubs and the SPFL have acted like total dicks and we took them to court over it. Now we're looking after ourselves and if that means loaning a pretty mediocre keeper to St Mirren for a week then fine. People need to get some perspective here.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

EFL clubs given the go-ahead with upto 1000 this week end,  bit of a slap in the face if you cant visit a loved one because it would breach the rule of 6

Selected pilots only. 

i agree it’s a hard sell to justify that when families can’t get together. 

3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

they still need permission to have fans and if their location is in a local lockdown they wont be allowed fans. They had to apply by today to find out if they could have fans

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54158891

With the Annan game being called off I have grave concerns on our league even starting now. 

Surely the recent precedencies will see the league demand the teams play? I will also imagine there will be a fair amount of forefeights from teams? 3-0 wins till Christmas it is then.

Add to that the LC is going to be a mess.

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Yep bordering on stupidity testing such a small crowd in big stadiums. 

I can see why Celtic are desperate to get gate money coming in with their large staff costs, but I assume League 2 clubs have minimal outgoings on players so crowd numbers are less important where they rely more on the club lottery.

4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

And this is what we need to know what is happens in this scenario when leagues competitive games start.

Is there a number of positives where a game has to be deferred for say 24 hours for fresh testing and 13 negatives in place and if not, game awarded to opposition?

Or if this had been a competitive game would it have gone ahead if test and trace identified 13 players were not within 2 metres of a positive case for 15 minutes?

Or should the Protect Scotland App be compulsory for professional footballers?   

Plus I'd have a concern if a game was at risk of being cancelled and awarded to opposition, players lying about their whereabouts.

5 hours ago, Dazo said:

Top flight football playing in front of a few hundred supporters is utterly pointless and genuinely I’ve no idea what they think those sort of test crowds will achieve. 

Agreed and I think this is a political move by the SPFL to build momentum towards bigger crowds. The argument will be - look how well we did with 300, surely 3000 will be fine (at Parkhead) etc.

Quite frankly the way all of this is planning out it’s pretty clear that the SPFL have absolutely no interest in anything out with the Premiership. Even there things are a shambles. All aimed at ensuring Celtic in particular eventually get to ha e paying customers through the door no matter what.

Edited by Deevers

Dusk_Till_Dawn
28 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Is England having such a big problem?

I’m not talking about EFL but I mean the players with Covid?

No, of course not. Scottish football is tinpot and Incompetent as feck

7 hours ago, Dazo said:

Top flight football playing in front of a few hundred supporters is utterly pointless and genuinely I’ve no idea what they think those sort of test crowds will achieve. 

Dead right.  With this new worldwide covid surge, I've pretty much written the season off now.  I have absolutely no interest in watching any of these empty stadium games and that will include Hearts.

I will probably watch some of the US Open, particularly if a European is in contention, but again it just won't be the same.

See Bobby saved Edouard's penalty. If only he'd done that last May 😢

Did he ever save a penalty for us, against anybody? I'm struggling to remember. 

14 minutes ago, Forrest said:

Not that I remember. Seems to have had a good game last night. 

11 hours ago, Forrest said:

Nope not a single one! He has always been rank when faced with a penalty. Someone called it on here too, when the loan was announced. Haven't seen the highlights (not watched any of them) but imagine it was a very poor penalty if Bobby saved it ...

12 hours ago, Forrest said:

He did, but not in regulation play.

He saved from Kyle Benedictus against Raith Rovers in the penalty shoot-out in the League Cup in 2018.

Edited by EarnockJambo
update

29 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

He saved from Kyle Benedictus against Raith Rovers in the penalty shoot-out in the League Cup in 2018.

Oops I stand corrected 🤣 

2 hours ago, EarnockJambo said:

Excellent piece of recall 👏

On 15/09/2020 at 20:45, Kiwidoug said:

Dead right.  With this new worldwide covid surge, I've pretty much written the season off now.  I have absolutely no interest in watching any of these empty stadium games and that will include Hearts.

I will probably watch some of the US Open, particularly if a European is in contention, but again it just won't be the same.

I'd watch them playing on the moon!

7 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

I'd watch them playing on the moon!

BCD games I’ve watched so far have been like training exercises and not great viewing. However, it’s different when it’s your own team and you have skin in the game. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

BCD games I’ve watched so far have been like training exercises and not great viewing. However, it’s different when it’s your own team and you have skin in the game. 

Have Sky Q box and so The Sports App gives me goals from games I choose to watch (3 mins approx).  I usually watch EPL goals but have cancelled Sky and BT Sport after the sickening SPFL shambles turned me off football apart from Hearts and so, I am not really interested in even competitive football but I would have watched the Hearts v Hearts game live if it had been televised.

I can say that I used to watch as much football as I could now ONLY HEARTS. 

Hagar the Horrible
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

This is where I am at,   Everything is at a slower pace, and it just does not matter, but when we get to see Hearts it must be different

Hagar the Horrible

4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Have Sky Q box and so The Sports App gives me goals from games I choose to watch (3 mins approx).  I usually watch EPL goals but have cancelled Sky and BT Sport after the sickening SPFL shambles turned me off football apart from Hearts and so, I am not really interested in even competitive football but I would have watched the Hearts v Hearts game live if it had been televised.

I can say that I used to watch as much football as I could now ONLY HEARTS. 

Its at the point I had no idea until 10 mins ago we had clubs in Europe last night?  I did notice that Hibernians lost though which was pleasing!  yeah the other ones from Malta who have done us no harm, yet I hate them, and I cant think why

Its funny the SPFL and SFA have turned more people off the game altogether, just so they can serve one club.  How many people will be lost altogether, there is no product left.  I am only interested in Hearts.  I will only be interested in gloating when clubs start to fold.  

Hearts Only, never forgive, never forget

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Its at the point I had no idea until 10 mins ago we had clubs in Europe last night?  I did notice that Hibernians lost though which was pleasing!  yeah the other ones from Malta who have done us no harm, yet I hate them, and I cant think why

Its funny the SPFL and SFA have turned more people off the game altogether, just so they can serve one club.  How many people will be lost altogether, there is no product left.  I am only interested in Hearts.  I will only be interested in gloating when clubs start to fold.  

Hearts Only, never forgive, never forget

I must admit that, in general, my sanctification slips on here but, on the matter of forgiveness, as I've said before, for actions putting forgiveness into "practice" there must be repentance.  On that basis I would forgive, if the SPFL, Celtic and the plethora of antagonistic and even silent but subservient sycophants came clean and admitted their "sins" and also put into action a plan to right the wrongs they've perpetrated on Hearts, Thistle, Stranraer, and the Pyramid system.

I don't see it happening and, while I genuinely freely hold out the offer of forgiveness to all these abusers, if they refuse and stay in Babylon the Great, they remain under Wrath!

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

I must admit that, in general, my sanctification slips on here but, on the matter of forgiveness, as I've said before, for actions putting forgiveness into "practice" there must be repentance.  On that basis I would forgive, if the SPFL, Celtic and the plethora of antagonistic and even silent but subservient sycophants came clean and admitted their "sins" and also put into action a plan to right the wrongs they've perpetrated on Hearts, Thistle, Stranraer, and the Pyramid system.

I don't see it happening and, while I genuinely freely hold out the offer of forgiveness to all these abusers, if they refuse and stay in Babylon the Great, they remain under Wrath!

Colin, fair play to you. Your a better man than me and im sure you'll get your just rewards in the big league in the  sky. I however wish them all nothing but harm, plagues of locusts to eat their turf (maybe a bit of lightning or flooding for the plastic ones) dammed to eternal hell, with Bealzibub ramming red hot pokers up their self centered corrupt sherrif badges. 

Hagar the Horrible
8 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

I normally have a unique way of expressing myself. But that is 100% myself of every fibre of my being .my sentiment. Thank you sir

On 18/09/2020 at 11:48, colinmaroon said:

Spot on Colin. Only Hearts.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s not really covered himself in glory, lost 7 goals in 3 losses. Still don’t think it was worth it. 

Yeah, a very strange decision. Shankland will get the plaudits for the volley but for me, Bobby shouldn’t be being beaten by it. He’s out of position cause his positioning from the corner is shocking. Nice guy bobby, just not a keeper at the standard we require. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah, a very strange decision. Shankland will get the plaudits for the volley but for me, Bobby shouldn’t be being beaten by it. He’s out of position cause his positioning from the corner is shocking. Nice guy bobby, just not a keeper at the standard we require. 

I’ve never really noticed how much he never catches a shot, as he’s faced a lot with them he just pushes the ball away. Yeah he’s well out of position at the first as good as the finish is. We knew he’s shite though, had to laugh at the in the shop window nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve never really noticed how much he never catches a shot, as he’s faced a lot with them he just pushes the ball away. Yeah he’s well out of position at the first as good as the finish is. We knew he’s shite though, had to laugh at the in the shop window nonsense. 

I’ve been laughing at myself cause I thought it was the only logical reason we’d send him to St Mirren, to put him in the shop window haha! 

Yeah he always pushes the ball away rather than catches it. The second effort before the second United goal, he should actually hold onto but palms it away. It was always his positional sense that scared me. He’d always be lost in his 6 yard box like he had no clue where he was. Like I said, nice guy, bowfing keeper. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I’ve been laughing at myself cause I thought it was the only logical reason we’d send him to St Mirren, to put him in the shop window haha! 

Yeah he always pushes the ball away rather than catches it. The second effort before the second United goal, he should actually hold onto but palms it away. It was always his positional sense that scared me. He’d always be lost in his 6 yard box like he had no clue where he was. Like I said, nice guy, bowfing keeper. 

Definitely. Let’s keep our fingers crossed Gordon stays healthy. 

54 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely. Let’s keep our fingers crossed Gordon stays healthy. 

Indeed , cannot stand to think about that clown they call bobby back in between the posts for us 

9 hours ago, fila said:

Indeed , cannot stand to think about that clown they call bobby back in between the posts for us 

I think Stewart has been ear marked as the number two. No idea what he’s like, but he can’t be any worse than Zamal. 

Mind  you we thought that about Joel.

Edited by Deevers

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, fila said:

He should’ve stuck to Gymnastics. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Deevers said:

I think Stewart has been ear marked as the number two. No idea what he’s like, but he can’t be any worse than Zamal. 

Mind  you we thought that about Joel.

Livis third choice who’s only here until January, doubtful. Stone might be when he’s fit. 

8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Is that Zlamal back at Hearts now?

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He should’ve stuck to Gymnastics. 

44 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Utterly pointless move.

”Footballing reasons” :rofl:

Yes x3. 

😭

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Livis third choice who’s only here until January, doubtful. Stone might be when he’s fit. 

I think Stone is the next big hope. Stewart I reckon is the stop gap for the number 2 spot until Stone is fully fit.