*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

6 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

😂 Just out the blue pretty poor tbh.

Dykes out and Nisbet's form made getting someone else in necessary. 

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maroon Sailor

Hibs hit the skids with 4 defeats on the bounce and get the next 2 matches called off

Funny old thing

10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ross Stewart from Sunderland  ? Someone who is actually Scottish ?

Hackney Hearts
20 hours ago, BigAlim said:

The lads definitely got the credentials 

75F7F27D-7E97-4A65-A28F-0A102426569A.jpeg

Asked a Stoke City friend of mine:

"Very hard working and occasionally potent"

The occasionally part worries me - sounds like a perfect fit for the Scotland striking department.  Hard worker though... 👍

4 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Ross Stewart from Sunderland  ? Someone who is actually Scottish ?

Define Scottish.

His mother is Scottish, isn't she?

23 minutes ago, Boris said:

Define Scottish.

His mother is Scottish, isn't she?

Was he born in Scotland ? No he's not Scottish, Just like the long list of English players we have had who are not good enough for England so Scotland come calling because a parent or grandparent was Scottish. ( Matt Ritchie got a Scotland call up and made it clear he has never been to Scotland in his life ) I would rather have 11 Scottish footballers playing than 2/3/4 players born in England who are English who are not good enough to get called up for England. 

I'm sure most people seeing that squad were surprised seeing a name no one has heard off before? Not a minute played for England or Scotland at youth level either. I would of rather seen Watt , Brophy , Guald or Russell get a call up before Jacob Brown, But that's Steve Clarke for you picking his favourites also. Fraser, McLean, O'Donnell should be no where near the squad. Souttar and Hickey could of got calls up ?

What does Liam Cooper offer Scotland he is in most squads and doesn't start other than being Leeds captain Clarke would play McTominy at CB if Hendry or Hanley were out before him, Why is Souttar not called up even that Ralston from Celtic. 

4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Was he born in Scotland ? No he's not Scottish

Like McTominay then, or Dykes.

Terry Butcher was born in Singapore, so he's not English?

Maroon Sailor

Always think you can't help where you are born and brought up but I think the International rule should be limited to parents place of birth.

Also think a player should declare from the outset what his preference is - not wait until he realises he is not going to be good enough for selection of the country he would really like to play for.

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Always think you can't help where you are born and brought up but I think the International rule should be limited to parents place of birth.

Also think a player should declare from the outset what his preference is - not wait until he realises he is not going to be good enough for selection of the country he would really like to play for.

Dembele from Celtic Played for Scotland U16 and U17 also played for England U15 U16 U18. Andrew Driver played Scotland U15 then that 1 match for England U21 . You're right they should declare from the very beginning who their preference is. 

10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Definitely shouldn't go to grandparents. Fair enough if you're mum and/or dad are Scottish, which is the case with Brown. 

37 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Was he born in Scotland ? No he's not Scottish, Just like the long list of English players we have had who are not good enough for England so Scotland come calling because a parent or grandparent was Scottish. ( Matt Ritchie got a Scotland call up and made it clear he has never been to Scotland in his life ) I would rather have 11 Scottish footballers playing than 2/3/4 players born in England who are English who are not good enough to get called up for England. 

I'm sure most people seeing that squad were surprised seeing a name no one has heard off before? Not a minute played for England or Scotland at youth level either. I would of rather seen Watt , Brophy , Guald or Russell get a call up before Jacob Brown, But that's Steve Clarke for you picking his favourites also. Fraser, McLean, O'Donnell should be no where near the squad. Souttar and Hickey could of got calls up ?

What does Liam Cooper offer Scotland he is in most squads and doesn't start other than being Leeds captain Clarke would play McTominy at CB if Hendry or Hanley were out before him, Why is Souttar not called up even that Ralston from Celtic. 

Its actually a relatively small list of players who weren't born in Scotland who have played. More well known or more successful players include Andy Goram, Andy Gray, Stuart McColl, Don Hutchison, Kris Commons, Lydon Dykes, Bruce Rioch, Scott McTominay, Steven Fletcher 

Few others like Hearts players Jimmy Wardhaugh, Callum Paterson, Mike Galloway and Dave Bowman I agree were never good enough to play for Scotland. 

And alongside likes of Liam Cooper we did have a period with likes of Jordan Archer, Graeme Murty, Graham Alexander, Nigel Quashie, James Mackie, Phil Bardsley who never added much 

Pretty sure Callum Paterson was born in England.

Your country is your country, if you’ve lived and grown up somewhere most of your life and feel that’s the country that you most identify with then you can be more patriotic about that country than people who were born and raised there. If your mum or dad are from another country and raise you to love and be proud of that heritage then that’s great too, pull on the shirt and make your parents proud. 

The grandparent rule is a bit much though, but this Jacob guy isn’t relevant to that

A 22 years old born in, say, Canada (who, for sake of argument has never set foot in Scotland) could very well have a grandparent born in Scotland in 1920 who emigrated as a baby in e.g. 1922.

This grandparent rule is a farce, imho.

Maroon Sailor

Biggest farce was Tony Cascarino. No Irish bloodline but qualified by having a pint of Guinness

Edited by Maroon Sailor

manaliveits105
20 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nisbets form should have ensured exclusion from the squad - disgrace 

Fire_At_The_Disco
Just now, Boyces beard said:

Listen to those Celtic fans during the minutes silence, horrible *******s the lot of them.

scum of the earth

Absolute Rats 

Maroon Sailor

What are Celtic's reasons for not wearing the Poppy ?

The Scum element couldn't help themselves either at the silence

Now tennis balls on the pitch

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Scum failing to observe minutes silence. Apologist in chief Dickhead Gordon - 'one or two voices'

Now chucking balls onto the pitch.

No wonder football in Scotland is a joke

maroonlegions

Vermin scum, no respect for the mins silence.Best fans in the world eh. 

Horrible . Green brigade   should be banned from matches, utter scum.

Media silence will go into overdrive, Sky will lose the tape.

Nothing happened.

Great supporters loved by everyone the world over.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

What did the banner say? Saw the word 'balls'

🤪

The ball's in your court  ...... is all I could see

On 03/11/2021 at 15:55, Maroon Sailor said:

Biggest farce was Tony Cascarino. No Irish bloodline but qualified by having a pint of Guinness

Was he not adopted and it came out later he had no Irish connection?

7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

What did the banner say? Saw the word 'balls'

🤪

Probably about this guy. It isn't about any of the Celtic 'Boys Club' abusers. 

2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Dundee players just jogging about the pitch, Adam included. Its like they dont give a feck anymore .

farcical bud, they are not giving a care, weird behaviour .

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Guaranteed this will be the one game Charlie Adam gets sent off for committing numerous challenges 🤣

100%.

Camera pans on Mcpake, his face says it all. Have his players downed tools???