*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

19 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

The Sevco chat is tragic. Up there with "St Midden, Hobos, Septic and Murderwell". Brutal. I bet you still refer to Aberdeen fans as "sheep shaggers"? Top bantz.🙄

As a matter of fact, you're wrong.  

Sevco - THE Rangers, whatever, they are just the blue half of the Bigot Brothers, or maybe that's wrong too.

Where would JKB without the pedants?

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

No mention in the match report and the BBC are never slow to paint Hibs in the best possible light. Lucky bassas again

Too true. Their "one point off Top" head line slaver says it all. 

29 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

As soon as I seen 1-0 Hibs my brain went that will have been a pen.

We can have a play on the old Rangers joke with Hibs now.

When they next draw 0-0.

We can ask. Who missed the penalty for Hibs.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

We can have a play on the old Rangers joke with Hibs now.

When they next draw 0-0.

We can ask. Who missed the penalty for Hibs.

Very good 👍

I've always stuck by the idea that everyone has to have played each other home and away before I take the League table overly serious.

It's certainly works for me as I've never got too carried away whether it be a good start, or a bad start where folk are calling for the managers head. (Obviously exceptions would be made if after 10 games there were only 4 points on the board!)

part_time_jambo

We got one too. (penalty that is)

Edited by part_time_jambo
Forgot to quote the moan about hibs getting penalties.

3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

13,263 at Easter Road 🤣🤣🤣

Almost 3k less than Tynecastle yesterday.  

Weird given they are getting results so far. 

13 minutes ago, Walrus said:

More saints fans than livi aswell

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

There's no easy games away from home in this league, still think Aberdeen will come good over the piece of the season but we have to capitalise as much as possible on them faltering.

that we did

5 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Probably the most pointless and obvious post ever made on here but it would be useful and just peachy to see Hibs pegged back a bit today. 😄

lucky result today - next 4 will see them fade

13 minutes ago, Walrus said:

I saw their joke of a penalty on the news and had to presume they'd already had a fire drill.

Looked like a crowd of around 51.

2 hours ago, Canscot said:

Goals scored then goals against I assume. 

If you can't separate the two using goals scored you're not going to do it with goals against. 🤔

43 minutes ago, Walrus said:

And the total football they play of course too!    About 200 Livi fans I reckon,  I wonder how many Saints fans were at Fester Road.  Probably a difference of more than 3k home fans surely.  

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

A few weeks ago Motherwell was looking like an easy game.Certainly isn't anymore.St Johnstone will also be a hard one , only Dundee should be a cert.

Just take every game as it comes though.We are doing great and have a great squad but we still have to be on top of our game to take points.

Agree that. Glad we've got Motherwell at home. They're on a bit of a run now and I think Alexander is quite a decent manager for them.

54 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I saw their joke of a penalty on the news and had to presume they'd already had a fire drill.

Looked like a crowd of around 51.

Don't worry there will be no penalty to save them next week. Boyle will get sent off for looking at Stevie g in a funny way lol 😆 

3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Btw, thank **** we never signed that Bates guy. He’s absolutely murder. Got done in all 3 St Mirren goals.

Was just thinking that, I thought he would be decent tbh, but he has been shocking for them so far. T.Moore looks like a far superior signing.

It's a recipe for disaster when part of your problem is your newly signed captain and assistant manager.

Well, match day captain. Joe Lewis is still the club captain who has to do all the meet and greets.

What a riddy of a club. Glad they're on the way down.

InternationalJambo

Im going to say it now. I will be utterly disappointed in this management team with anything else other than 3rd this season. 2nd is there for the taking & with a bit of belief it’s the best opportunity we have had in years. 

Edited by InternationalJambo

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Awbdy Oot said:

If you can't separate the two using goals scored you're not going to do it with goals against. 🤔

I actually think they are right, it’s a silly thing that stuck in my head about twenty years ago that’s how it worked

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Celtic will miss Edouard more than they thought they would.

We’d have had at least one cup if not two in the last couple of years if they hadn’t had him.

9 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Im going to say it now. I will be utterly disappointed in this management team with anything else other than 3rd this season. 2nd is there for the taking & with a bit of belief it’s the best opportunity we have had in years. 

If you've listened to any interview that Joe Savage has given, then I'm pretty sure that that's what he'd be aiming for. 

And after alloa, brora last season, Robbie has got to know the script.

European football via the league and aim for Hampden in the Scottish Cup. 

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Just seen the Hibs penalty, just how many shockingly bad decisions are that lot going to get in their favour this season? 

It can’t go on. When they get a run or 4 or 5 games without a dodgy penalty they will struggle big time. They’re in a false position right now. They’ve won their last 2 games due solely to the wrong decisions in their favour.

InternationalJambo
Just now, Tennant's 6's said:

If you've listened to any interview that Joe Savage has given, then I'm pretty sure that that's what he'd be aiming for. 

And after alloa, brora last season, Robbie has got to know the script.

European football via the league and aim for Hampden in the Scottish Cup. 

I posted on the savage thread when he first arrived he would prove to be the best signing Budge has made in her tenure👍 The man was head hunted by PL sides and the OF for a head scout position before he came to us, he’s a top top signing for the footballing department. 

On your point of the manager, he knows what is expected being a hearts man himself. As you said, European football and a cup run will be adequate. Just the way this season is shaping up, I personally will be disappointed if we don’t strengthen in January to challenged for the CL spot as Celtic are going through turmoil this season. 

LarrysRightFoot

We have every reason to be optimistic but people need to remember the old cliche - it’s a marathon not a sprint 

Guest ToqueJambo
26 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

I posted on the savage thread when he first arrived he would prove to be the best signing Budge has made in her tenure👍 The man was head hunted by PL sides and the OF for a head scout position before he came to us, he’s a top top signing for the footballing department. 

On your point of the manager, he knows what is expected being a hearts man himself. As you said, European football and a cup run will be adequate. Just the way this season is shaping up, I personally will be disappointed if we don’t strengthen in January to challenged for the CL spot as Celtic are going through turmoil this season. 

This. There's a chance there. Slim one mind you as Celtic will always sack the manager or spend millions if they're really falling behind, but Rangers look far from convincing yet as well. We do need Hibs and Aberdeen to stay strong as well to have a hope of 2nd. Everyone needs to be taking points off the OF and be consistent in all the other games (including head to heads vs the teams usually going for 3rd/4th) for a chance of splitting the OF.

Edited by ToqueJambo

41 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Just seen the Hibs penalty, just how many shockingly bad decisions are that lot going to get in their favour this season? 

Just watched myself.

Booking the boy also, who later gets pissed at the assistant for giving a throw when the ball wasn't out.

Beaton couldnt wait to give him red.

Scott Allan also in the ER diving squad.

Beaton has to be at it

HTF is McCart supposed to stop the ball hitting his arm which is across his body when it's blasted at him from a yard ?

Can't comprehend how he sees that as a penalty

He must have been waiting on Hibs for his accumulator to come up

47 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Just watched myself.

Booking the boy also, who later gets pissed at the assistant for giving a throw when the ball wasn't out.

Beaton couldnt wait to give him red.

Scott Allan also in the ER diving squad.

Earlier in the game Beaton stood and watched Cadden go up to the linesman and scream in his face (no doubt expletives were used) when a decision didn’t go his way. Cadden then gave Beaton a mouthful before turning back for a second go at the linesman. 

Beaton just ignored the entire incident. Anywhere else in Europe it’s a yellow at least. But he’s quite happy to issue a second yellow to a St Johnstone player for a wee sarcastic clap.

Just a dreadful referee.

14 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Beaton has to be at it

HTF is McCart supposed to stop the ball hitting his arm which is across his body when it's blasted at him from a yard ?

Can't comprehend how he sees that as a penalty

He must have been waiting on Hibs for his accumulator to come up

Meanwhile Kevin Clancy denies DU a stonewall penalty at Parkhead! 😏

2 minutes ago, leginten said:

Earlier in the game Beaton stood and watched Cadden go up to the linesman and scream in his face (no doubt expletives were used) when a decision didn’t go his way. Cadden then gave Beaton a mouthful before turning back for a second go at the linesman. 

Beaton just ignored the entire incident. Anywhere else in Europe it’s a yellow at least. But he’s quite happy to issue a second yellow to a St Johnstone player for a wee sarcastic clap.

Just a dreadful referee.

He is the worst

Forever Hearts
19 hours ago, DS98 said:

Sorry to be the one to break the news  mate but the team formally known as Rangers died. There is no Rangers. There is no Old Firm. Their fans walked away, they’re gone, 6 feet under, ceased to exist. Broon breed. 

They were bought by Sevco Scotland Ltd who changed their name to THE Rangers. Sevco is their real name. 

Zzzzzzzzzz.......

Seems that Hibs are second, one point behind Rangers - according to every media outlet.  Table looks to me as if it reads that they're second equal with us - same points, same GD. So why are they apparently second on their own? 

August Landmesser
Just now, Horatio Caine said:

Seems that Hibs are second, one point behind Rangers - according to every media outlet.  Table looks to me as if it reads that they're second equal with us - same points, same GD. So why are they apparently second on their own? 

They've scored 13, we've scored 12

Just now, August Landmesser said:

They've scored 13, we've scored 12

Ah...so it's Barrie McKay's fault for not converting that chance on Saturday   ::troll::

1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

I suspect because they have scored 13 goals and we have scored 12.  Not really sure, but I suspect it is GD, then goals for, then results between the two teams.

10 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Ah...so it's Barrie McKay's fault for not converting that chance on Saturday   ::troll::

I wouldn’t worry about it. When we beat Motherwell next week we will go top. Then the next day Sevco play Hibs. We’ll be sitting pretty no matter what.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/ange-postecoglou-unloads-celtic-critics-25076680

some comments from ange

"It's quite remarkable. We're only seven games in and people are calling the title already over.

"It's just not how it works. I'm not pulling up stumps after seven games just because people think there's some kind of insurmountable challenge out there for us.

"If we weren't playing well I'd be looking at things differently. But with the efforts we're putting in, the football we're playing, the chances we're creating and the players we have to come back, I just see it differently."

"I know people want to push me off some kind of ledge. It's not going to happen.

the pressure seems to be getting to the new messiah

11 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Quite! As for Boyle's diving! He absolutely launched himself into Ambrose and it's about time the refs carded him immediately.

Anyhoo, having reviewed this weekend's games the most convincing win was Hearts'. The Rangers escaped (again) ... Cummings!!! Celtic are in meltdown, and although they hit the woodwork thrice, these are still misses whereas it looked to me like Dun U were denied a 'stone-waller pen. Hibs got away with one, and so on and so forth.

Ach, we can only deal with our games but it sometimes seems like other teams get really spawney decisions.

The Old Tolbooth
4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Quite! As for Boyle's diving! He absolutely launched himself into Ambrose and it's about time the refs carded him immediately.

Anyhoo, having reviewed this weekend's games the most convincing win was Hearts'. The Rangers escaped (again) ... Cummings!!! Celtic are in meltdown, and although they hit the woodwork thrice, these are still misses whereas it looked to me like Dun U were denied a 'stone-waller pen. Hibs got away with one, and so on and so forth.

Ach, we can only deal with our games but it sometimes seems like other teams get really spawney decisions.

If we keep doing what we're doing, we'll eventually sort ourselves out from the rest of the pack, even Motherwell who are only a point behind us were very lucky to beat Ross County who outplayed them for most of the game, and yet when we went to Dingwall, we absolutely dominated that game, that tells me the difference between us and Motherwell as well and we should be beating them on Saturday. 

31 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/ange-postecoglou-unloads-celtic-critics-25076680

some comments from ange

"It's quite remarkable. We're only seven games in and people are calling the title already over.

"It's just not how it works. I'm not pulling up stumps after seven games just because people think there's some kind of insurmountable challenge out there for us.

"If we weren't playing well I'd be looking at things differently. But with the efforts we're putting in, the football we're playing, the chances we're creating and the players we have to come back, I just see it differently."

"I know people want to push me off some kind of ledge. It's not going to happen.

the pressure seems to be getting to the new messiah

He's in way above his head. 

A truism us that the most important game is the next one. Without wishing to open up the can of worms of what constitutes a 'must win', it has to be said that 'Well, one way or another, have had a great start and are right behind us. Hence, we really, really need to win this one. Not a 'must win', as such, but, in my eyes, essential for keeping up momentum and, given others' up-coming fixtures, a great opportunity to get a bit of breathing space.

11 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I actually think they are right, it’s a silly thing that stuck in my head about twenty years ago that’s how it worked

If the goal difference is the same and the goals scored are the same then I can guarantee that the goals conceded will be the same. Think about it. 🤔