*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Turkishcap

Bbc site has killie midden as game of the day, will it be on radio or will their Glesga magnet 🧲 draw them to darkheid.

• Replies 63.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fozzyonthefence
39 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

It would be good to see St Mirren take something from today's match with Killie. They have a tougher run-in than them, so it would suit us more to have Killie drop more points. A draw would be perfect.

Is anyone seriously worried about Killie or St Mirren catching us?  I’m a glass half empty, negative, miserable ******* but there’s no ****ing chance Killie or St Mirren are catching us, absolutely none.  Irrelevant what they do other than both staying above Hibs would be good.  

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Is anyone seriously worried about Killie or St Mirren catching us?  I’m a glass half empty, negative, miserable ******* but there’s no ****ing chance Killie or St Mirren are catching us, absolutely none.  Irrelevant what they do other than both staying above Hibs would be good.  

Kilmarnock and St Mirren are batting for 4th place. A winner today is in a good position.

Hmfc1965
55 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Bbc site has killie midden as game of the day, will it be on radio or will their Glesga magnet 🧲 draw them to darkheid.

It's Glasgow.

sirwalter
1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

The very essence of a rhetorical question.

ToadKiller Dog

Radio scotland  will be live with pat Bonner in Glasgow, open all mics for the rest.

If our derby clashes with who ever the ugly side is playing you get both live ,but that apart it's which ugly kicks off at 3pm.

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Hmfc1965
1 minute ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Radio scotland  will be live with pat Bonner in Glasgow, open all mics for the rest.

If our derby clashes with who ever the ugly side is playing you get both live ,but that apart it's which ugly kicks off at 3pm.

I don't think there's any open all mics today.

ToadKiller Dog
55 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

The egg chasing maybe in the way ?

neilnunb
1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Yep, looks like its Celtic v St Johnstone commentary only. 

jamboozy
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hibs boss on Sportsound whining about how unlucky Hibs are. 

He reminds me of the cartoon character Droopy from Guadeloupe.:lol:

neilnunb

Oh what a ****ing surprise...Bonner at yet another Celtic commentary game. 🙄

GinRummy
3 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

Wee team two up already, Livi are woeful

A big affecting Livi squad this week,  never rains…

milky_26
13 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

Wee team two up already, Livi are woeful

the wee team will be back to being world beaters and a threat to the OF. 3-0 now

Vlad Magic

Not even the wee team can throw away a 3 goal lead could they?

🙏

milky_26

motherwell equalise v the sheep

edit disallowed

Edited by milky_26

Gundermann

Danny Armstrong looked good again for Killie yesterday. Peach of a pass for Killie's 3rd, IIRC. Him and Shanks would be worth seeing in the same 11.

Anti VAR Association

Killie arguably the team of the season.  Unbelievable comeback in 2nd half. 

I’m fairly confident we’ll finish third, but I’d like us to be double-digits clear of the rest, more as an ‘GIRUY’ to the rest as anything else.

milky_26
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Pitch inspection at Dundee v huns

game off 

Mikey1874

Poor quality pitch. Interesting allowed to happen. 

Edited by Mikey1874

theshed

Dundee really have a terrible pitch. 
Rangers won’t mind though as gives them a rest and probably get injured players back for when game gets played.

Sure Dundee would have rather played them today  

ToadKiller Dog
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

game off 

Dundee really need looked at so many games called off , 

I'm in dundee left for work at 7am rain hasn't been on much more than a slight drizzle since then ,plenty time to fork ,drain the surface. 

Pitch must have the worst drainage in scottish football.

OmiyaHearts

Time to start fining or docking points for postponed games. Totally unacceptable in top league when there's been no extreme weather.

Is that 3 postponed this season for Dundee?

Rockwell
18 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Time to start fining or docking points for postponed games. Totally unacceptable in top league when there's been no extreme weather.

Think lts the forth this season .they won't spend a penny now on dens while they have this crazy idea of moving to camperdown . That junction of the A90 is a nightmare when 1500 are at the adjacent ice rink for a hockey match .it just couldn't cope with say12000 at a football match .also a cinema and fast food outlets use that junction.

Des Lynam

Looking forward to Livingston disappearing out this league. Shite pitch and the defensive football they play is awful. 

Mikey1874
29 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

4th today

Lone Striker
23 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Is anyone seriously worried about Killie or St Mirren catching us?   

No, but us limping over the line by a few points would be a bit of a disappointment  after being miles ahead for so long.   Pride and all that.

Joel Sked  said a few days ago that  70 points was an achievable target.   5 wins with 8 games left ?    I think a wee reality check on that might be required  after yesterday.

Edited by Lone Striker

leipzig76
On 15/03/2024 at 22:35, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I don't understand mate, he referenced Czech teams, not the Prague teams, Viktoria are still in Europe and able to get points

My bad ! Old age eh ? It's a bugger !

milky_26
51 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Dundee really need looked at so many games called off , 

I'm in dundee left for work at 7am rain hasn't been on much more than a slight drizzle since then ,plenty time to fork ,drain the surface. 

Pitch must have the worst drainage in scottish football.

the idiot nelms was on ssn and didn't seem pleased that the game had been called off. he was saying there was only two spots where the ball was not rolling properly and hinted that they would have sorted those bits by KO

Mikey1874
Just now, milky_26 said:

the idiot nelms was on ssn and didn't seem pleased that the game had been called off. he was saying there was only two spots where the ball was not rolling properly and hinted that they would have sorted those bits by KO

No chance. 2 areas ball didn't bounce at all. Unless they were going to lay concrete underneath. 

Mikey1874

Don Robertson the referee has given interviews to the media explaining in detail his decision to postpone the game. Basically how it was unsafe for the players. 

He'll be in trouble with the SFA. 

Ricardo Quaresma
46 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

My bad ! Old age eh ? It's a bugger !

NP, mate 👍

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Don Robertson the referee has given interviews to the media explaining in detail his decision to postpone the game. Basically how it was unsafe for the players. 

He'll be in trouble with the SFA. 

Eh. eh. eh. eh

That's about what he said on Sky just now :lol:

VALDOS'

Teams playing on cheap carpets and others getting games called off because of moderate rain, the "premiership" is on a par with the Bolivian 4th division :facepalm:

Gundermann
1 hour ago, theshed said:

Dundee really have a terrible pitch. 
Rangers won’t mind though as gives them a rest and probably get injured players back for when game gets played.

Sure Dundee would have rather played them today  

BBC saying der Hun is angry. Just a normal day then.

That said, if this is Dundee's 4th postponement of the season, they need penalised.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68526406

Can I just say that although we've had our problems with Don Robertson, him getting in front of a camera and explaining his decision is a good thing. 

Given the role match officials have in the game, they should be giving post match interviews too. Managers end up being expected to explain the referees decisions and fans are left twisting in the wind on contentious decisions and even more so, it would be good to hear them admit their mistakes if they have been conned by a dive or got a big call wrong. I think this would enforce a level of accountability because they will be challenged in a public forum and hopefully help guide their decisions in the sense of that they will need to justify their calls and guesswork won't be good enough. 

Benny Klack

Got to laugh at the Rangers fans getting angry at the game being cancelled - sh1t happens. Both ar5e cheeks feckin love it if there is the merest sniff of a conspiracy - fuelled by their managers who know the press will print any old pi5h they spout.

First lad I heard moaning had a distinct Peterheed accent and was bumping his gums about travel time to get to Dundee.

Zero sympathy ya fan dan - support your local team. 

JDK2020
29 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Got to laugh at the Rangers fans getting angry at the game being cancelled - sh1t happens. Both ar5e cheeks feckin love it if there is the merest sniff of a conspiracy - fuelled by their managers who know the press will print any old pi5h they spout.

First lad I heard moaning had a distinct Peterheed accent and was bumping his gums about travel time to get to Dundee.

Zero sympathy ya fan dan - support your local team. 

What about Hearts supporters who travel to Tynecastle rather than support their local team? 

martoon
3 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

What about Hearts supporters who travel to Tynecastle rather than support their local team? 

That's different. 😄

Tbf, it can hardly be called glory hunting, can it? Take away the fabulous derby record and there's precious little else. 

Admin, 2 stints in the Championship and 12 years without a major trophy tells it's own story.

highlandjambo3
10 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

So your suggesting if a hearts fan (say myself) moves from Edinburgh to inverness at the ripe old age of 40, I should chuck all my prior hearts credentials and support cally thistle?  I think the particular point to note on that post was the “Peeterheed” accent suggested he’s a gloryhunter.  I have no issue with any weeg supporting one of the cheeks if they are from that neck of the woods…..unfortunately many of them couldn’t find ibrox or parkhead with a satnav.  I take great delight in asking cheeks I bump into what part of Glasgow they originate from……the vacant look on their faces as they try to piece together a decent response is great 😀

Benny Klack
7 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

So your suggesting if a hearts fan (say myself) moves from Edinburgh to inverness at the ripe old age of 40, I should chuck all my prior hearts credentials and support cally thistle?  I think the particular point to note on that post was the “Peeterheed” accent suggested he’s a gloryhunter.  I have no issue with any weeg supporting one of the cheeks if they are from that neck of the woods…..unfortunately many of them couldn’t find ibrox or parkhead with a satnav.  I take great delight in asking cheeks I bump into what part of Glasgow they originate from……the vacant look on their faces as they try to piece together a decent response is great 😀

This response catches it in a nutshell 👍

Hmfc1965
35 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Fair enough but if he's got a ticket for Dens Park there's a fair possibility he attends Ibrox too.