*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Stewart another ex pro that confuses rules with 'how it should be' :rofl:

What do they do at traffic lights ? 'that should be green or yellow', so, boomph, down with right foot? :lol:

Or do they just go with the system?

Was listening to SATF yesterday and Scott on it was spot on. Michael Stewart doesn't know the current rules of the game, and too many ex-pros still treat the rules as it was in their day and wanting to be that rather than what it is now.

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ricardo Quaresma
6 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Was listening to SATF yesterday and Scott on it was spot on. Michael Stewart doesn't know the current rules of the game, and too many ex-pros still treat the rules as it was in their day and wanting to be that rather than what it is now.

Exactly what's going on and it's been obvious in MS's case for a while

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, Sooks said:

It would but winning the cup also gets Europe and I would rather get it that way , but what a great consolation the money and European games are if we do not win it . Sod being left with **** all 

Yes, that's what made the returning Season massive and still makes the Season more interesting; we don't need to win it, just have it locked into top 3, which we have a hand in ourselves

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yes, that's what made the returning Season massive and still makes the Season more interesting; we don't need to win it, just have it locked into top 3, which we have a hand in ourselves

As long as one of us or the gruesomes wins the cup.

gregzy2k7

Well thats the shock of the round out of the way, good to see the worst team still in the competition is through, If we can ensure we are in the hat for the next round then lets hope that we get them (sheep) in the semis.

I can't see anymore shocks happening tbh, would be surprised if it's not Celtic, Rangers and Hearts in the semi's joining them.

schillaci
2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Well thats the shock of the round out of the way, good to see the worst team still in the competition is through, If we can ensure we are in the hat for the next round then lets hope that we get them (sheep) in the semis.

I can't see anymore shocks happening tbh, would be surprised if it's not Celtic, Rangers and Hearts in the semi's joining them.

If you could see them happening they wouldn't be shocks, surely. 

The interview with Clement was pretty telling I thought . He seemed annoyed and a bit offended that people had been claiming the Huns were lucky to beat Franchise FC the last couple of times . I do not see them taking this game lightly at all . I think it will be a hammering

colinmaroon
19 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

There won't be VaR at our Game Monday so why is it being used in these games? Used in all games or not at all. Obviously Greenock can't afford to pay for it so it should not be used at this stage of the comp.

The SFA should pay for the cost of VAR in this instance or, as has been suggested, no-one has it.

We'll see!  Who's the ref?

Edited by colinmaroon

Turkishcap

Vermin been a bit mouthy last few days and against an in form cheek, cant wait!

NaturalOrder74
16 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

It’s a win win really if hibs beat rangers Id much rather get hibs / Aberdeen or Celtic at hampsden if rangers give them a reality check then it should take them back down a peg or two 

leipzig76
18 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

I have a couple of Hibs friends( I know ,I know ! ) who as you say have been a bit mouthy since their three points against us(three in their eyes obviously) But it almost seems like bravado to me as I think they have the fear as to what will happen with Folly down the line.

Shaggy2

First time Hibs have faced Rangers since 2016. In between the only time they’ve faced an arse cheek was 2019 (home to Celtic). We’ve faced them 5 times and will probably do so again this year, admittedly 3 were finals. 
They certainly seem to do ok in cup draws. 

Bindy Badgy
15 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, ofc not, but if Rangers go out it's good for everyone,  including us- in terms of actually winning the cup.

Imo we have a much better chance of beating hibs than Rangers.

But, on the flipside, if rangers go through,  it's a step towards European group stage football. 

So with that in mind, I'll take the positives from either going through.

I'll take the increased chance of winning the cup any day of the week. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

I'll take the increased chance of winning the cup any day of the week. 

Aye, upside to either winning. 

Whatever will be, will be- we need to take care of our business. 

Cameronstheman

I hope Hibs get battered from the off, never ever want those %%%%s winning any game  F T H

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

I hope Hibs get battered from the off, never ever want those %%%%s winning any game  F T H

That's the correct answer

mrmarkus1981_1
1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

That's the correct answer

💯

All roads lead to Gorgie

Just heard Pat Bonner continue to moan about the decisions in his beloved's game at Tynecastle. He even compared something that happened in the Aberdeen game and even implied that Cochrane dipped his head before the reckless high boot to his face. Give it a rest ffs!

John Findlay
Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Just heard Pat Bonner continue to moan about the decisions in his beloved's game at Tynecastle. He even compared something that happened in the Aberdeen game and even implied that Cochrane dipped his head before the reckless high boot to his face. Give it a rest ffs!

It's a coordinated attack on the beaks by the Celtic sycophants. Rogers will get his touchline ban, so it's all a waste of time by them.

ArcticJambo
2 minutes ago, Fejka said:

Celtic goal looked offside to me 

Certainly not as blatantly onside that the OF sychophants were claiming.  Will be shocked if we see another graphic.

Edited by ArcticJambo

thee jambo
2 minutes ago, Fejka said:

His head looked forward of the defender but they only showed it briefly 

3 minutes ago, Fejka said:

Unsurprisingly commentary thought he was miles on and wondered why they even had to check it.

tcjambo

They took the still from a second before the pass to Maeda. He was offside.

On 05/03/2024 at 20:22, HMFC01 said:

Seems like a decent signing.   Could help them push into  top six.   

Edited by tcjambo

4 minutes ago, Fejka said:

I though that as well, shoulder was off IMO. 

AuldReekiee

Rob MacLean announcing the Livi goal like a snooker commentator, in true Rob MacLean style. 

ZzzzZzzz

Wee Mikey
2 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Joe Hart no even trying to stop it 

... and then having a go at the assistant ref.

Why all the empty seats, thought they clambered for tickets for every game.

Edited by jackal

AuldReekiee

Rodgers has really done a number on this Celtic team.

Hearts007

H/T Livy still in it  shame about the defence not just clearing the ball for Mhanks 2nd

thehibsareintheirbeds

You can see how livi are rooted to the bottom of the league with some of that defending. Still creating chances though and celtic not great either- fancy them to score again.

ArcticJambo

See that first Celtic goal, when they showed it at HT, there was no doubt they paused the play clearly before the ball was crossed, and Maeda was already offside, and giving him the benefit a matter of chest hairs onside.

e: what I mean is before he actually strikes the ball

Edited by ArcticJambo

whodanny

:rofl: 2-2

Edited by whodanny