*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

16 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Not Goldson though.....great header but at the wrong end.  2-2.

Keeper never had a chance....

• Replies 63.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gundermann

Ouch!

In the two full seasons since McInnes left, Aberdeen ended 2021-22 in 10th - their lowest placing in 18 years - then achieved an unlikely third-place finish last term.

Now they find themselves back down in 10th having played 28 games. Interim manager Neil Warnock, 75, has taken charge of six of them and hasn't won any.

Aberdeen never finished below fourth in McInnes' seven full seasons at the helm. He also put a League Cup in the trophy cabinet and made it to three other domestic finals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68478568

Ex member of the SaS
13 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Love to see us in for him on a cheeky pre-contract 

FB_IMG_1709904554355.jpg

Spittal looks a decent player ( this season ) but I would hope we could afford and find better. We should be setting our sights higher and looking to pay more for better. No point having money in the bank if we are not winning on the pitch. Obviously don't want to go back to the bad old days of over spending but with our revenue streams we should be looking to get in good players this summer and make third next season a cake walk.

3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Spittal looks a decent player ( this season ) but I would hope we could afford and find better. We should be setting our sights higher and looking to pay more for better. No point having money in the bank if we are not winning on the pitch. Obviously don't want to go back to the bad old days of over spending but with our revenue streams we should be looking to get in good players this summer and make third next season a cake walk.

If there's better out there that we can get then great.

I just think Spittal is a good option because he's coming into his prime and knows the league. He's near the top of the charts in goal involvement this season. No-one thought Hartley would do much when we signed him but turned out to be a legend for us.

martoon
37 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Yeah, it’s kind of win win. They take a pasting and we get a laugh. They win and it kind of helps us later down the line. 

Probably the most pragmatic and reasonable view to have, JD. 👍 

jbee647
49 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Love to see us in for him on a cheeky pre-contract 

FB_IMG_1709904554355.jpg

Strong rumour is he has already signed a pre contract with St Mirren 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

Strong rumour is he has already signed a pre contract with St Mirren 

no idea why people would want Spittal.  He is hugely inconsistent l, always had talent but there is a reasons he has consistently bounced around the sides he’s bounced around.  

so many folk get caught up in a wee bit of skill or a worldly from sportscene .  

if he was at the right level he’d have been at hearts, hibs or Aberdeen years ago

Ex member of the SaS
38 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

no idea why people would want Spittal.  He is hugely inconsistent l, always had talent but there is a reasons he has consistently bounced around the sides he’s bounced around.  

if he was at the right level he’d have been at hearts, hibs or Aberdeen years ago

I feel the same about Dhanda, Had a great game against us but what guarantees he will play well for us? Stepped up against us but can't say I have seen him being outstanding in other games. maybe I have just caught him in games where he was out of it, but I am not sure he is the answer we think he is. As always happy to be proved wrong and should he come and set light to the heather then great. Just have to wait and see I suppose.

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I feel the same about Dhanda, Had a great game against us but what guarantees he will play well for us? Stepped up against us but can't say I have seen him being outstanding in other games. maybe I have just caught him in games where he was out of it, but I am not sure he is the answer we think he is. As always happy to be proved wrong and should he come and set light to the heather then great. Just have to wait and see I suppose.

agreed. Like every player that comes in he has it all to prove.  

one thing I’d say I’ve always been impressed when he’s played in his correct position.

overall, I how to see us move up a level in terms of signings 

15 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Yeah same. I have doubts whether Dhanda is good enough for us but will be delighted if he proves me wrong.

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Dhanda has played at the higher level though and showed flashes, he just struggled for consistency and game time. Now he's played 60/70 games in two years, we are the step up he needs...

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Maybe, but he's scored more goals than Benni, Hof, Grant, Haring,  Fraser, Tait, Denholm,Devlin all combined this season. 

He'd add what we are missing- goals from midfield. 

If there's better- great, but on a free transfer He'd be silly to dismiss, especially for your last reason which is borderline ridiculous.

5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Maybe, but he's scored more goals than Benni, Hof, Grant, Haring,  Fraser, Tait, Denholm,Devlin all combined this season. 

He'd add what we are missing- goals from midfield. 

If there's better- great, but on a free transfer He'd be silly to dismiss, especially for your last reason which is borderline ridiculous.

This is where I'm at. Goals from midfield is something we've struggled with for a number of seasons now and he also has 9 assists this season.

Nobody was blown away when we signed Hartley from St Johnstone. Most folk were more excited about wyness when they were paraded together, and to be fair you'd be forgiven for thinking Wyness would be the better signing at that time

😆

Also, more recently, Lawrence fecking Shankland 😆  His career trajectory wasn't exactly mouth watering either and had only proven his prolific goalscoring in the championship. Now he's our best goal scorer since Robbo.

Danny Grainger is another that folk weren't too excited about but out of all the signings JJ made that summer he probably had the best impact for us. 

Snapping up other Scottish prem team's best players is a decent strategy imo. They know the league already and may not need the same timescale to settle in. 

Of course, the player needs to be able to cope with the pressure of playing for hearts where the demands are a lot higher than the likes of Motherwell. Our fans have much higher expectations. This is possibly why players like Wyness have failed to make the step up.

Be a shame if Spittal has signed for Midden. Hopefully that's not true

Edited by Hansel

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Hansel said:

This is where I'm at. Goals from midfield is something we've struggled with for a number of seasons now and he also has 9 assists this season.

Nobody was blown away when we signed Hartley from St Johnstone. Most folk were more excited about wyness when they were paraded together, and to be fair you'd be forgiven for thinking Wyness would be the better signing at that time

😆

Also, more recently, Lawrence fecking Shankland 😆  His career trajectory wasn't exactly mouth watering either and had only proven his prolific goalscoring in the championship. Now he's our best goal scorer since Robbo.

Danny Grainger is another that folk weren't too excited about but out of all the signings JJ made that summer he probably had the best impact for us. 

Snapping up other Scottish prem team's best players is a decent strategy imo. They know the league already and may not need the same timescale to settle in. 

Of course, the player needs to be able to cope with the pressure of playing for hearts where the demands are a lot higher than the likes of Motherwell. Our fans have much higher expectations. This is possibly why players like Wyness have failed to make the step up.

Agreed.

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, Hansel said:

😆

Definitely, some players bloom later than others. I’m not sure if any player has scored for four different teams against us as he has if memory serves..

John Findlay

I don't see Aberdeen getting much from the match from the onfield and VAR officials today.

John Findlay

Very soft goal conceded by Killie there.

rmreido
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I don't see Aberdeen getting much from the match from the onfield and VAR officials today.

1-0 sheep fs

jamboozy

The ball will need treatment for altitude sickness at half time.😏

indianajones

We've got to try and get Armstrong. I know he's just signed up but it has to be worth an enquiry. Guy would tear it up for us. 

jamboozy
6 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Are there still covid restrictions in Aberdeen? 

😂 Watch them scramble for semi tickets. Oops 2nd goal for the sheep.

AC Mallin_51

Would say this is decent for us, killie would be a much harder game at a neutral venue, not just for us but for the old firm aswell. As long as Hibs don’t pull off a shock tomorrow I’d say that euro spot is looking pretty safe 

jamboozy

I wonder if the Killie players know that a round ball will roll along the ground?🤔 They seem intent on keeping the ball in the air.

Kilmarnock look utter shite. The very epitome of a ‘big fizzicul side’.

AuldReekiee

Game on. Aberdeen players will be thinking "not again"

Bazzas right boot

That Aberdeen defence are so open. 

NaturalOrder74

Aberdeen are gonna hibs this, shame really I think they’d be an easy fixture if we drew them 

No Idle Talk

Danny Armstrong is a tidy wee player. It's a pity he's out of our price range. He'd be a good signing. 

Turkishcap

They maybe in front but not up to much, better they get through for us....if we get through of course.

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, indianajones said:

We've got to try and get Armstrong. I know he's just signed up but it has to be worth an enquiry. Guy would tear it up for us. 

Armstrong,  Dhanda, Spittal,  McGrath - we should 100% be after  these types imo.

rmreido
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Armstrong,  Dhanda, Spittal,  McGrath - we should 100% be after  these types imo.

McGrath, have a word, he's pish

AuldReekiee

How did Billy Dodds get a gig on TV? Dreadful

Australis

Aberdeen player McKenzie looks decent going forward.

Not so good defensively.

merrymac

The standard of football in this game is absolutely abysmal 😣

jamboozy
3 minutes ago, merrymac said:

The standard of football in this game is absolutely abysmal 😣

It truly is.

BelgeJambo

That boy Phillips strolls about like he’s Billy big baws from the EPL and he’s too good for Scottish Football 

sheeeeeite 

merrymac

The deflection kings two ahead

Killie are woeful 

boag1874

Two absolutely diabolical teams - Killie all over the shop and Aberdeen getting lucky with the deflections