Dedicated away support bank account.

Bull's-eye

I'd like the club or the FoH to set up a dedicated bank account for us to donate all our ticket monies into. Monthly statements could be made public so EVERYBODY can see how much is in the coffers before its passed over into the club's proper account.

I believe it would also incentivise our support to pay into, knowing our hard earned is going in our own coffers. 

I'd like to include Scottish Cup ties into it. Imagine 20k £20s in a bank account for a semi final thats probably going to be BCDs anyway, thats how you hurt the SFA... 😎😎

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bull's-eye

• Victorian

• Pasquale for King

William H. Bonney
5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Jesus.....

Doubt even he had this much vengeance. And he was nailed to a cross. 

been here before
3 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Doubt even he had this much vengeance. And he was nailed to a cross. 

Vengence  😄

Are you the Equalizer?

William H. Bonney
Just now, been here before said:

Vengence  😄

Are you the Equalizer?

Yes, 

but Edward Woodward, not denzel Washington 

In fact with further thought I think the club and the FoH could get into a spot of bother doing it. 

But...doing it on here would be rather good and certainly very public...😀

A dedicated donation page for away tickets, watch the count grow and imagine the numbers trotting up for some forthcoming games against certain clubs. 

As long as its transparent and clear for EVERYBODY to see, I think it would work. 

A nice running total and donate to the club every month. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I'd like the club or the FoH to set up a dedicated bank account for us to donate all our ticket monies into. Monthly statements could be made public so EVERYBODY can see how much is in the coffers before its passed over into the club's proper account.

I believe it would also incentivise our support to pay into, knowing our hard earned is going in our own coffers. 

I'd like to include Scottish Cup ties into it. Imagine 20k £20s in a bank account for a semi final thats probably going to be BCDs anyway, thats how you hurt the SFA... 😎😎

It’s a great idea, pass it into Stewart Wallace on twitter. 

5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Quite a good idea tbh. 

I think so too.  Could be tough to administer.

Just now, Maple Leaf said:

Could we do it on here?

3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

In fact with further thought I think the club and the FoH could get into a spot of bother doing it. 

A dedicated donation page for away tickets, watch the count grow and imagine the numbers trotting up for some forthcoming games against certain clubs. 

As long as its transparent and clear for EVERYBODY to see, I think it would work. 

Accidentally went on to your account, bud. 

Jumpy screen etc. 

Hate when that happens. Never once did it deliberately. Seems rude, somehow. 👍

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Could we do it on here?

There's no technical reason to prevent it.  But it would be more work for an already overworked admin team.

Let me chat with the others and see what they think.

I also think it’s a good idea but never sure if Bulls Eye is being serious or not. 

I think it would help maintain focus on a boycott. 

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Could we use an independent donations page, wouldn't want to be paying costs to anybody of course.

What is required really is an easy way to donate that's honest and transparent, cheap as chips and easy to link to social media sites with as many ways to pay as possible. 

I'm sure you can find somebody honest to chair it and monitor all payments.

Edited by Bull's-eye

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I also think it’s a good idea but never sure if Bulls Eye is being serious or not. 

Oliver doesn’t really ‘do’ serious.  :sad: 

1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

There's no technical reason to prevent it.  But it would be more work for an already overworked admin team.

Let me chat with the others and see what they think.

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

Could we use an independent donations page, wouldn't want to be paying costs to anybody of course.

What is required really is an easy way to donate that's honest and transparent, cheap as chips and easy to link to social media sites. 

We used to be able to donate to the big flag and FoH through JKB. You just had to select what your donation was for on a wee pull down menu, if I remember correctly. Then you got an automated reply from Dave, thanking you. :lol:

I think it’s a good idea.  £20 or whatever for every away game.  Could chuck in a few quid for what your train fare/petrol would cost too.

Would be an eye-opener to see how much we can give the club and how much was lost to the Championship.

Just now, FWJ said:

I think it’s a good idea.  £20 or whatever for every away game.  Could chuck in a few quid for what your train fare/petrol would cost too.

Would be an eye-opener to see how much we can give the club and how much was lost to the Championship.

Gets it 👍

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Oliver doesn’t really ‘do’ serious.  :sad: 

There's a first time for everything. 

weekend offender

No a bad idea, more Hearts fans paying into it than home fans at the game. Hearts making more money than the home team👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Excellent idea.

People have bought virtual pies and programme to support their clubs during lockdown. 

Only Hearts. Time to see who actually believe in the theory 

Byyy The Light
15 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Set up a GoFund me page for every match. Can share it widely on social media and email. Then donate it all to FOH or Big Hearts after.

Chuck Berry

Well there was the Donate-a-Ticket scheme being run recently, it could be run along similar lines.

Every time an away match come along you buy a ticket equivalent to what it would actually cost at whatever away ground you would have went to, and it goes into the pot.

Also an option to donate say a fiver for pie and bovril money, let's say if someone does actually go to a game for whatever reason, but decides not to buy catering/programme.

Money to Hearts, could even be scope for a wee donation to Stranraer and PT at seasons end.

Edited by Chuck Berry

N Lincs Jambo

If this idea gets serious backing and could be shown to work then I would suggest that not just the ticket price but also the cost of travel could be thrown in. In my case, the semi v Hibs with 2 daughters in tow would be the best part of £200 in terms of tickets, petrol, programs and pies (no bevvy as I’m driving 😂). 

A serious season long documented and audited “**** you” to those who have screwed us over 

1 minute ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

If this idea gets serious backing and could be shown to work then I would suggest that not just the ticket price but also the cost of travel could be thrown in. In my case, the semi v Hibs with 2 daughters in tow would be the best part of £200 in terms of tickets, petrol, programs and pies (no bevvy as I’m driving 😂). 

A serious season long documented and audited “**** you” to those who have screwed us over 

My dream is 20 thousand £20s in a pot for semi and an empty Hampden Park, that'll be the case wether it's BCD or not 😀😀

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I think it’s a good idea. If people who would normally go to away games have the spare cash.

Particulalry if there were fans at the semi finals. We take 3/4s of Rangers, Celtic and Hibs money and keep 100% of our own.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

I don't even go to away games and would probably donate to this every now and again rather than just upping my FoH sub. I like the idea of us having a figure we can see rise each week. Both taking it away from those who would have benefited from it and seeing that directly go towards Hearts instead.

If not this, then maybe some of our more financially savvy could suggest a more viable alternative ?

Wouldn't it just be the Dogs to have the snake clubs know Exactly how much they lost out on every few weeks.

Make it happen !

42 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

worth a try. Publish the money the scabs lost by us boycotting would hurt them. 

N Lincs Jambo

My dream is 20 thousand £20s in a pot for semi and an empty Hampden Park, that'll be the case wether it's BCD or not 😀😀

Probably will be BCD. As much as I hate the idea of ever giving the vermin even the steam off my shite let alone the advantage of outnumbering us at Hampden, if we let it be known we were going to field the U17s then nobody would give a flying one if we lost.

If we are forced to play and are forced to field our strongest team I’ll be there like I was in 06 and 12 and will be expecting the same outcome 👍

Love the thought of other clubs being able to see exactly what we've chosen to deprive them of, in pounds and pence. Can we get one of those Blue Peter counter things erected on the plaza? 

:profit:

Something the club could do this season is cancel loyalty points for away games. 1 season only. 

I'm sure that can't be punished and will send out the right message. 

Pasquale for King
59 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I’ve passed this great idea on, it might be a problem

in an administrative sense but let’s wait and see what the FoH board think. 

My wife (Aberdeen season ticket holder) and mates of mine who support Hibs, Motherwell among others all think we're making all this noise now, but come November we'll have forgotten and  be traveling en masse to Gayfield, Hampden, Somerset, East End, Dens Park, the lot. 

They don't realise how galvanised, united and determined large numbers of the Hearts support is after this shafting. 

This is a fantastic idea to illustrate it month to month. 

Pasquale for King

Something the club could do this season is cancel loyalty points for away games. 1 season only. 

I'm sure that can't be punished and will send out the right message. 

Not a bad idea, might punish those who want to go and it’s up to them. What we could do is refuse to handle tickets from these tinpot clubs, who could go bust at any time, and let them spend time and money dealing with selling tickets.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, blairdin said:

My wife (Aberdeen season ticket holder) and mates of mine who support Hibs, Motherwell among others all think we're making all this noise now, but come November we'll have forgotten and  be traveling en masse to Gayfield, Hampden, Somerset, East End, Dens Park, the lot. 

They don't realise how galvanised, united and determined large numbers of the Hearts support is after this shafting. 

This is a fantastic idea to illustrate it month to month. 

I tried to explain this to a Pars fan earlier on, they just don’t get it. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve passed this great idea on, it might be a problem

in an administrative sense but let’s wait and see what the FoH board think. 

That would be brilliant, a separate account shouldn't be a problem and a link to multiple paying options would be ideal. 

That way it can be linked to every social media outlet connected to Heart's.

Edited by Bull's-eye

Fourcandles

It would be a bit like waving a wad of cash .....say £25k in front of a certain Ayr Utd chairman.......in true Jim Bowen style “look what you could’ve had”

mmmm....warming to this idea !

What a ridiculous idea. 

If you want to give more to FOH, then do it. Simple.

Nobody gives a flying shite where it has or hasn't come from. Numbers through the turnstiles (or not) will be enough of a statement.

Randy Marsh

Decent idea.  Remember taking bid away crowds everywhere in 14-15.  At least 3000 even down at Palmerston.  If similar numbers were to chuck in £20 each time then that's a a decent wedge of cash.

59 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If it’s done with FoH and offers an opportunity to earn extra reward points then it would be good.