Dedicated away support bank account.

Bull's-eye

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Top idea.

We could raise a fair wad, and as the number rises more and more supporters will inenivitably want to be part of it!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bull's-eye

• Victorian

• Pasquale for King

34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I tried to explain this to a Pars fan earlier on, they just don’t get it. 

They don't. It goes without saying I love the wife, and I respect the fact she travels to watch her team home and away. She doesn't seem to get this. 

Actions speak louder than words. 

16 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

If it’s done with FoH and offers an opportunity to earn extra reward points then it would be good. 

I disagree, that would provide people with an extra incentive that wouldn't be there if we were just buying an away ticket. I'd rather we just got raw £s figures that shows the other clubs what their actions have cost them. 

That doesn't stop FoH coming up with their own incentive points system for those who do want to give one off donations though which in itself is a good idea.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, blairdin said:

They don't. It goes without saying I love the wife, and I respect the fact she travels to watch her team home and away. She doesn't seem to get this. 

Actions speak louder than words. 

The way Cormack keeps opening his huge gob I think she might well get a better understanding of how we feel, starting with a dodgy red card and penalty to get the Rangers off and running this weekend. 

1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

I'd like the club or the FoH to set up a dedicated bank account for us to donate all our ticket monies into. Monthly statements could be made public so EVERYBODY can see how much is in the coffers before its passed over into the club's proper account.

I believe it would also incentivise our support to pay into, knowing our hard earned is going in our own coffers. 

I'd like to include Scottish Cup ties into it. Imagine 20k £20s in a bank account for a semi final thats probably going to be BCDs anyway, thats how you hurt the SFA... 😎😎

£20 might be a bit much for some folk in the current climate, especislly when furlough ends. There were 250k on the streets when we won the cup in 98. Imagine a just giving type page was set up for each away game and 250,000 folk donated £1 each....?? Much more affordable and would provide some amount of money to the club

44 minutes ago, Dunks said:

What a ridiculous idea. 

If you want to give more to FOH, then do it. Simple.

Nobody gives a flying shite where it has or hasn't come from. Numbers through the turnstiles (or not) will be enough of a statement.

Agree with this. Why complicate it, we already have the FOH. Just up your subscription by £20 a month or whatever. 

29 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Agree with this. Why complicate it, we already have the FOH. Just up your subscription by £20 a month or whatever. 

That option is always available.  It doesn't have to be either or.  

1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

Agreed. It all goes to the same place anyway, but this has the bonus of actually showing what these deviants are being denied.

There’s no reason that a committee cannot be formed or set up of well  respected and trusted Jambos. We could start this up and appoint 4-6 trustees to oversee the finances raised. No one could withdraw funds on their own and you could pass a mandate that 4 signatures are required in which to transfer funds.  An accountant could be appointed and a bank account set up, possibly look at charitable status so any tax liability could be surpassed or overcome. Money could be drawn down every three months.

I’d happily donate the cost of the away tickets I normally purchase for me and my daughter as I won’t be going to any ground bar Inverness. 

We will need as much funding as possible and personally, I think It is a great idea and the way forward if we can arrange a mass boycott of away grounds. Be nice to be able to pay for a portion of the fine we are about to incur from that shower of 5hite. 

Then again isn’t this why we have a Foundation? I do think there’s some mileage in what the OP is trying to achieve but maybe a separate fund within the FOH for away days donations would appease everyone? 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

I'm totally up for this. But it needs to be administrated to specific fixtures with the exact cost of admission. 

e.g. Away fixure at Raith Rovers is physically attended by 75 scabs in the Hearts end paying £20 each, but there are 750 virtual tickets (at the same price) bought by Hearts fans with the funds going directly to the Club.

Facilty should be available through e-tickets on the official site.

Edited by pablo

For me, the important issue is that the venues will be conspicuous by the absence of Hearts supporters.  I would like the club to back this by advising the clubs in question, including hibernian, to operate a cash gate for visiting supporters as Hearts were seeking no allocation of tickets.

David McCaig
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve passed this great idea on, it might be a problem

in an administrative sense but let’s wait and see what the FoH board think. 

Certainly better for JKB to run and then hand over funds to FOH.

joondalupjambo

If we can donate to FoH or JKB now then why cannot we simply do this and put a reference against any amount, e.g. Away Donation or even just Away.  If there was a drop down option with Away even better.

I am sure that FoH or JKB could run a report after each game showing the totals in a period and then a running total based on the identification of the Away references.  I have just done that just now for my business, a report from our bank account showing all income by customer reference, simple.  Obviously as long as it is clear to people donating what reference to use then it should be easy to report on.  

The issues are probably more about setting up a new account these days due to money laundering rules , access to the account, number of signatures required to transfer funds etc. etc. However if it a bank account already in use by an organisation is it not more just about them being able to administer it and any incoming funds as part of their existing rules and regulations in relation to where the income is from, what it is to be used for and so on?

8 hours ago, Dunks said:

What a ridiculous idea. 

If you want to give more to FOH, then do it. Simple.

Nobody gives a flying shite where it has or hasn't come from. Numbers through the turnstiles (or not) will be enough of a statement.

Thankfully, someone else with some sense, I was beginning to think it was only me who thought this was a shite idea.

I'll be donating my away game money to FOH, no need to set up a separate fund and no need for FOH to designate this money in any way so that we can wave it at other clubs, that sort of behaviour just reduces us to the level of those that shafted us.

7 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I would suggest yet another option is to physically go to the club and spend it.

Going to one of the open suites during an away day, spending it in the club shop etc.

Won't able to show it but it benefits the club and you actually get something for your money.

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

I'd like the club or the FoH to set up a dedicated bank account for us to donate all our ticket monies into. Monthly statements could be made public so EVERYBODY can see how much is in the coffers before its passed over into the club's proper account.

I believe it would also incentivise our support to pay into, knowing our hard earned is going in our own coffers. 

I'd like to include Scottish Cup ties into it. Imagine 20k £20s in a bank account for a semi final thats probably going to be BCDs anyway, thats how you hurt the SFA... 😎😎

Im up for this.

davemclaren
7 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Agreed. It all goes to the same place anyway, but this has the bonus of actually showing what these deviants are being denied.

Also has the extra costs of running an additional collecting mechanism and/or bank account. My view is that it’s likely best done by additional FoH contributions resulting in members getting their FoH points as well. 

It's an excellent idea,   especially to add the tangible incentive of seeing the figures rise.    People will have something to see and support on an ongoing basis.

No compensation from arbitration?    Well we will see about that.    We WILL get our compensation and this is a great idea to quantify it.    We'll get what we are due,   albeit it will take a few years or so.

Edited by Victorian

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Also has the extra costs of running an additional collecting mechanism and/or bank account. My view is that it’s likely best done by additional FoH contributions resulting in members getting their FoH points as well. 

A big attraction for this to me, is that it would show exactly what we are denying the clubs who ****ed us over. I realise that’s not universally popular, but I’d personally want it (JKB or FoH) to clearly show that.

5 hours ago, pablo said:

I'm totally up for this. But it needs to be administrated to specific fixtures with the exact cost of admission. 

e.g. Away fixure at Raith Rovers is physically attended by 75 scabs in the Hearts end paying £20 each, but there are 750 virtual tickets (at the same price) bought by Hearts fans with the funds going directly to the Club.

Facilty should be available through e-tickets on the official site.

Agree, virtual tickets is the way to go as long as there are no vat implications. Every game the club and FoH could publicise how many of each, real and virtual, ticket type were actually sold. 

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

A big attraction for this to me, is that it would show exactly what we are denying the clubs who ****ed us over. I realise that’s not universally popular, but I’d personally want it (JKB or FoH) to clearly show that.

This.   It's the quantifiable element that makes it a good idea.   

Extra bureaucracy?   Aye.   But it could be worth it.

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agree, virtual tickets is the way to go as long as there are no vat implications. Every game the club and FoH could publicise how many of each, real and virtual, ticket type were actually sold. 

I’d like that too, but I just don’t see the club or FoH wanting to be officially connected to something ‘vengeful’.

SectionDJambo

Wherever the cash that Hearts fans choose to remain within our family, rather than those clubs who have shafted us, goes, it should be remembered that we need to make sure that it is regarded as a donation, not a ticket purchase.

This should avoid VAT and other tax being unnecessarily lost.

Probably better just to donate to the FOH. We don’t really need to advertise how much those spiteful clubs have lost. They’ll  already know.

Fantastic idea.

I wonder if our benefactors would be minded to match supporters contributions for each away game?

Would be a nice gesture of solidarity and two fingers to the clubs who acted out of self interest and were too scared to stand up to the mafia.

it would also be a fortnightly irritant to the SPFL & SFA if we can really get the figures publicised to maximum effect.

We could have GIRFUY monetary counter, like on Comic Relief :rofl:

"Here's what you could have won..."

Chuck Berry
27 minutes ago, Victorian said:

This.   It's the quantifiable element that makes it a good idea.   

Extra bureaucracy?   Aye.   But it could be worth it.

Correct, you need an incentive to keep doing it every other week otherwise it just fizzles out and people forget about it. If you just point people in the direction of a FoH donation, it'll fizzle out.

Gordon Ramsay
13 minutes ago, Jambo83 said:

We could have GIRFUY monetary counter, like on Comic Relief :rofl:

"Here's what you could have won..."

Would be immense. 

11 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

There's no technical reason to prevent it.  But it would be more work for an already overworked admin team.

Let me chat with the others and see what they think.

You would need to reach the wider fan base.

Bret the Hitman Hearts
29 minutes ago, EH23-Jambo said:

Hearts already have a donations account:

Screenshot_20200728-091841.png

Yes but the point of this is to stick it to other clubs in the form of a "here's the money you could have had" pot

Superb idea....club X, this is what you would have taken from travelling Jambos normally, but because of your level of self interest, that amount is going to stay as Maroon €£...

Where do I sign....

1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

Correct, you need an incentive to keep doing it every other week otherwise it just fizzles out and people forget about it. If you just point people in the direction of a FoH donation, it'll fizzle out.

:spoton: The GIRFUY factor will be the biggest motivator in making this successful.  It needs to be a separate, visible fund for it to work really well.

Edited by Le Chat

Biffa Bacon
11 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Set up a GoFund me page for every match. Can share it widely on social media and email. Then donate it all to FOH or Big Hearts after.

Any handler will take a cut, even on charity sites, I recently got involved in some donations and virgin money were ending up with 4.5%, and I don't think they are the worst.

11 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Excellent idea.

People have bought virtual pies and programme to support their clubs during lockdown. 

Only Hearts. Time to see who actually believe in the theory 

A virtual pie? :lol:

Brick Tamland

Maybe a simpler way would be to donate our away day money to FOH the week of an away game and for them to report back that there were £££££’s extra donations this week. 
Perhaps a sticky on here that they could update on the Saturday of the away game as well as an email update to FOH members and also on Hearts twitter, the club website and the Instagram page. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, dazinho88 said:

A virtual pie? :lol:

I suppose you pay them the cash and eat one out of your fridge  :)

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Correct, 

I’d be more inclined to do something like this if it attracted loyalty points rather than FOH points. I don’t know if after the FOH take over if any subscriptions would be taxable though. Hopefully not. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Certainly better for JKB to run and then hand over funds to FOH.

Whatever works really. 

Personally, I'd like to see us boycott all away games next season (except ICT)- Instead donating the match ticket fee (that the other clubs would have us pay) to FOH. All the other clubs voted for their self interest and put themselves first. Hearts fans should do like wise and put Hearts first.

18Jambo_dave74

I will be boycotting the away games (including teams that might offer a streaming service for matches) and more than happy to put the ticket cost in to a pot for the club/FoH. 

I think having a way of seeing the amount donated is important. Would be a good way to spur people on to contribute and trying to hit milestone figures. I suspect this dedicated way of contributing would gain more donations rather than people just topping up on FoH website generally. As others have said it would be a good way to publicly show clubs the money they have missed out on. 

Whilst I admit I will miss attending away matches for the foreseeable (or maybe not based on the last couple of years) I'm actually looking forward to giving more of my money directly to Hearts - have already found myself buying more from the shop than i normally would. I hope Hearts get very creative in terms of events and opportunities that they can put on that would allow supporters to contribute. We now have a very angry and passionate support base that are desperate to give the club money. 

Just donate it to the FOH through their donation page. Don't think we need to go to the length of setting up a new bank account. 

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It really wouldn't. It would only show exactly the amount donated to that specific account. It will therefore always demonstrate a figure significantly lower than the actual amount denied to the away club as you'll be lucky to get 50% of the usual travelling support contributing in this way. And even those won't include ticket price, travel costs, beer/food money, etc. The economic impact on the area is more significant. 

Just add it to FOH and let the lack of away support demonstrate our anger. And sell out the Caledonian Stadium :thumbsup:

Worth noting that IMO we'll still have more fans at these games than the likes of Hamilton would take without a boycott.

This isn't an idea for a few games, this is for the season and needs set up properly. 

I don't think it's in the best interests of the club to do it and as FoH could potentially be in control of the club any time soon then unfortunately I think it rules them out, although someone within FoH may be able to help setting it up.

Maybe a cheapo web site could be set up with the obvious links for ways to pay and as long as its clear and transparent and PUBLIC so EVERYBODY can see the totals rising on a game to game basis then imo it's the only way it'll keep supporters away from grounds and contributing.

No loyalty points, no pats on the back, just a girfuy to all the Shitebags that voted us down thinking they where getting the maroon pound.

1 hour ago, Brick Tamland said:

Maybe a simpler way would be to donate our away day money to FOH the week of an away game and for them to report back that there were £££££’s extra donations this week. 
Perhaps a sticky on here that they could update on the Saturday of the away game as well as an email update to FOH members and also on Hearts twitter, the club website and the Instagram page. 

Beat me to the punch, I think that's probably the simplest way to do it.  Hopefully FOH is able to identify one-off payments as opposed to regular D/Ds.  If not we could make it an odd amount, get FOH to set an option like £27.50 or something random, and they could count how many payments of that amount they received.

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

You would need to reach the wider fan base.

Yes, with the greatest of respect it needs to get out to the fan base on social media and the rest. I know quite a few fans, as we all probably do ( apart from the iffy ones funnily enough ) and I think some on here would be surprised just how little use or pay attention to JKB.

will-i-am-a-jambo
4 hours ago, RobNox said:

Thankfully, someone else with some sense, I was beginning to think it was only me who thought this was a shite idea.

I'll be donating my away game money to FOH, no need to set up a separate fund and no need for FOH to designate this money in any way so that we can wave it at other clubs, that sort of behaviour just reduces us to the level of those that shafted us.

I disagree with this, l think more on the lines if people can see a running total for each game it will spur others to donate when they can see how much benefit to Hearts it could potentially make.

Nelly Terraces

Whatever the match ticket price I'd be more than willing to pay that into any fund each away game week. Great idea.