Dedicated away support bank account.

Bull's-eye

That article boils my blood, build bridges? After you helped destroy them... 1 "incident". What were they supposed to do? What were we supposed to do?!! **** him and his shitty little club. 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bull's-eye

• Victorian

• Pasquale for King

When someone tries that hard to justify something,  you can pretty much be certain they know it was unjustifiable.

gorgieheart
20 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

I'd like the club or the FoH to set up a dedicated bank account for us to donate all our ticket monies into. Monthly statements could be made public so EVERYBODY can see how much is in the coffers before its passed over into the club's proper account.

I believe it would also incentivise our support to pay into, knowing our hard earned is going in our own coffers. 

I'd like to include Scottish Cup ties into it. Imagine 20k £20s in a bank account for a semi final thats probably going to be BCDs anyway, thats how you hurt the SFA... 😎😎

Why not just put the money straight into FOH ?  Not sure why another account needed.

There is no point having a separate account for this just so we can say.. heres how much you a@seholes missed out on, because the rest clearly dont listen.

Keep it simple, keep it in house and enjoy the ride.

Oh and.. Guy Fawkes masks.. WTAF..!  

Howdy Doody Jambo

We would have had 3000 plus fans in the away end paying around £20 added to hospitality, pie's, bovril, match programme sales etc, maybe even going twice during a season Maybe £150,000+ 

Fakim 

3 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Why not just put the money straight into FOH ?  Not sure why another account needed.

There is no point having a separate account for this just so we can say.. heres how much you a@seholes missed out on, because the rest clearly dont listen.

I think a running tally of how much is donated for each game is a good idea. It’ll end up with the club or FoH anyway. 

9 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

That is precisely the point. I don’t know if some folk are just far less vengeful and more forgiving than I am, but personally I want to very publicly let these utter utter ***** know how much their actions can cost them. The Raith prick is banking on folk just shrugging, and his actions not catching up with him. **** him to hell and back imo.

Chuck Berry
10 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Because maybe it would be nice to have the option of donating a portion of the money raised to say Stranraer, or Big Hearts, or a local charity.   £100 to a local foodbank in the town we're due to play would be a nice gesture, stuff like that.

Every penny doesn't need to go to Hearts although the vast majority of it would, it's about denying the charlatans.

6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

That is precisely the point. I don’t know if some folk are just far less vengeful and more forgiving than I am, but personally I want to very publicly let these utter utter ***** know how much their actions can cost them. The Raith prick is banking on folk just shrugging, and his actions not catching up with him. **** him to hell and back imo.

Exactly.. the point is maintaining the siege mentality. Alex Ferguson used that to great effect in 80s with Aberdeen against the OF and used that 'everyone hates us, let's show these *****' psychology with Man U.

IMO we should be using every tool possible to feed off the injustice we feel to drive us back to where we belong.   

colinmaroon

I'm no longer fit enough for away games but set up the fund, preferably FoH administered, and I'll contribute for every away game.  I am going to do it anyway with FoH contribution on top of my monthly contribution, but it would be a real statement.

I also think we would get more contributed if under FoH.

7 minutes ago, Guffers said:

Exactly.. the point is maintaining the siege mentality. Alex Ferguson used that to great effect in 80s with Aberdeen against the OF and used that 'everyone hates us, let's show these *****' psychology with Man U.

IMO we should be using every tool possible to feed off the injustice we feel to drive us back to where we belong.   

Yep. A lot of people who voted to **** us over gambled on us not staying angry enough at our treatment. Something like this can keep the revenge focused.

3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I'm no longer fit enough for away games but set up the fund, preferably FoH administered, and I'll contribute for every away game.  I am going to do it anyway with FoH contribution on top of my monthly contribution, but it would be a real statement.

I also think we would get more contributed if under FoH.

I was planning on putting money in to Hearts/FoH every away game anyway. I’ll be doing that for certain either way. What I like about this, is that it targets the individuals who shoved us in front of the juggernaut and makes it clear that they are to blame for missing out on the cash.

5 hours ago, Biffa Bacon said:

You won't need loyalty points if you are not attending away matches. If you are I am sure that you will have plenty seat choices without the need for LPs.

I appreciate what you’re saying regarding no need for loyalty points if I’m not attending away games. However, I suspect most people (who do usually go away from home) will still want to know that IF they choose to attend they will get a ticket. 

1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

My plan is to buy 1 item (at least) from the club store every payday.

Just give the cash to the club directly. If you spend £20 in the shop the club probably gets £5 of that if it’s lucky. If you donate £20 to the club they get £20. 

Angry Haggis

Fully onboard with this - as we have seen cash is king. And when it comes to Hearts support we always step up. Better in our pocket than those that voted for self interest and could not see the bigger picture. 

As it’s been said we will be fine - others maybe not so...and with no match day income in the near future it’s going to hurt. Every penny out of our pocket should not strengthen those who were and are against us. 

Make no Bones about it a very high percentage of these chairmen voted with making money off hearts In mind, let’s make sure they get feck all from us in fact make sure it costs them with their policing costs and catering returns etc.

4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Make no Bones about it a very high percentage of these chairmen voted with making money off hearts In mind, let’s make sure they get feck all from us in fact make sure it costs them with their policing costs and catering returns etc.

Would love to see them making less money from us than they would from Dundee United... whilst we publicly declare how much we have put in to Hearts on the day of the fixture.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Would love to see them making less money from us than they would from Dundee United... whilst we publicly declare how much we have put in to Hearts on the day of the fixture.

I would love to see them making less from us than they would from a Gretna travelling support and they arrived in a mini bus.

Probably not, will be the answer to this question, but could FoH report how much was donated in one-offs for a specific time period - say between 9am and 9pm on matchdays?

It would then be up to those wishing to do a get-it-up-them donation to make sure their donation is transacted within that time period.

Hopefully the club will do things like matchday openings of the various bars and hospitality suites for those *cough* unable to travel. Whilst these wouldn't show up as 'see how much you lost' takings, at least those partaking would know their money is going where they'd want it to.

22 minutes ago, Boof said:

Probably not, will be the answer to this question, but could FoH report how much was donated in one-offs for a specific time period - say between 9am and 9pm on matchdays?

It would then be up to those wishing to do a get-it-up-them donation to make sure their donation is transacted within that time period.

Hopefully the club will do things like matchday openings of the various bars and hospitality suites for those *cough* unable to travel. Whilst these wouldn't show up as 'see how much you lost' takings, at least those partaking would know their money is going where they'd want it to.

We need to get that TravellingTabby student (not a Jambo I know) from the Coronavirus tracker onto it, or perhaps the people who like counting empty seats?

1 hour ago, north wales jambo said:

Raith chairman, wanting to build bridges, well tough luck you cretin, myself and others from down in wales will not forget... 

I will definitely contribute to this, if it gets started. 

That aresehole well and truly burned his bridges, and we certainly won't be funding their repair.  

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

When someone tries that hard to justify something,  you can pretty much be certain they know it was unjustifiable.

45 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

:spoton:

7 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Has the potential to be Hibs-esque in the embarrassment stakes! Just donate to FOH.

Absolutely, I said already that this sort of thing only reduces us to the level of the clubs that shafted us, and I really want to be better than that.  I certainly won't be donating to some dodgy website where I have no idea where my money is going or how much is being skimmed off in admin fees.  I'll stick to donating to FOH. 

36 minutes ago, Boof said:

That would be my preferred option.  I actually made a suggestion ages ago that we should look at the possibility of introducing a text donation facility, e.g. text £5 or £10 or £20 to the FOH.  I meant this more as something we could do during or after a match (assuming we have anything to be pleased about).  Imagine the amount of donations made after we've stuffed the vermin, especially once post-match drinks have been taken!  

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Just give the cash to the club directly. If you spend £20 in the shop the club probably gets £5 of that if it’s lucky. If you donate £20 to the club they get £20. 

Hadn't thought about that tbh, although I already pay monthly to FoH, have a ST and a HeartsTv sub. I suppose it's best just to up my FoH... again 😄 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

SO Doofy you use words like the conductor of a Symphony Orchestra. The sounds they make in this case make me want to dance.  Right on the Raith Chairmans bonce because he talks utter bollocks.

I’d rather dance on their grave.

C38544C0-DF97-4862-8184-E7FF39D15CE9.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Fair point 👍🏽

1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

Hadn't thought about that tbh, although I already pay monthly to FoH, have a ST and a HeartsTv sub. I suppose it's best just to up my FoH... again 😄 

👍

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Has the potential to be Hibs-esque in the embarrassment stakes! Just donate to FOH.

So you think only a few will contribute?

12 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

So you think only a few will contribute?

Honestly don't know. If it got traction it could be a roaring self-propagating success, but if not it could be a dismal failure...

38 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Honestly don't know. If it got traction it could be a roaring self-propagating success, but if not it could be a dismal failure...

Hearts supporters always step up to the plate.

Not a chance will this fail....if it gets off the ground. 

As someone else has already said FOH could organise a match day facility for donations. 

The OP would be a good idea if we didn't have FOH. 

Ex member of the SaS

Boycotting will have a huge effect on the clubs but it will also impact on local businesses. With no fans buying beer and food/ anything else the locals will be up in arms at the clubs who decided to mess with us. They would get it from all sides. Whilst I am not in favour of depriving local shops, it must be done and will mean the clubs will know from every direction what it means to vote in self interest and not in the interest of their own local businesses.

Absolutely love this idea. A fine way to donate a full day's worth of away day money directly to the club whilst simultaneously giving a GIRUY to the clubs that did this to us.

On 27/07/2020 at 22:05, Bull's-eye said:

I'd like the club or the FoH to set up a dedicated bank account for us to donate all our ticket monies into. Monthly statements could be made public so EVERYBODY can see how much is in the coffers before its passed over into the club's proper account.

I believe it would also incentivise our support to pay into, knowing our hard earned is going in our own coffers. 

I'd like to include Scottish Cup ties into it. Imagine 20k £20s in a bank account for a semi final thats probably going to be BCDs anyway, thats how you hurt the SFA... 😎😎

Doest need to be a separate account. Just make a one off donation at any time you require. All funds go to the club.....simples

We need a figurehead to front a Hearts Away Games Fund. The figurehead could have a small committee, Chairperson, minute secretary, treasurer/accountant & fans spokesperson. A HAGF bank account could be opened and 95% of all monies donated from our fans could be deposited into a Hearts account or other in a way that the donation isn’t hammered with tax.

14 hours ago, Spellczech said:

It’s a good idea but does have this potential. I think donating direct to FOH on away match days with FOH giving thanks and amounts of money donated on those days is a better way to go. Money going straight to hearts and removing Hibs style embarrassment risks. 

regardless these clubs will know exactly how much this will be costing them and the tears and snotters will be written all over the papers. 

Chuck Berry
30 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Doest need to be a separate account. Just make a one off donation at any time you require. All funds go to the club.....simples

It really does, read back the thread to understand why.

And he’s not praying!

There would be no embarrassment should it not reach the levels we hope.

We are pouring in 120/130k a month to the FOH. 

I think a separate, away day match ticket donation is an excellent idea but should it ‘fail’, others would be in no position to laugh given our ongoing continued backing that is the envy of all.

Mid Calder Jambo
18 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It’s a good idea but does have this potential. I think donating direct to FOH on away match days with FOH giving thanks and amounts of money donated on those days is a better way to go. Money going straight to hearts and removing Hibs style embarrassment risks. 

regardless these clubs will know exactly how much this will be costing them and the tears and snotters will be written all over the papers. 

Dazo you do have a point. 

What I would say here is that by quantifying the amounts for each game that these clubs are losing, that in itself pours petrol on the SPFL fire.  Dungcaster as chief executive of the SPFL has a duty to look after the interests of the member clubs and by supporting the booting out of HMFC he is personally responsible for the lost income for these clubs.  Anything that helps to speed up his demise is, IMHO, a good thing and showing losses to clubs helps to illustrate his shortcomings.

My own preference for the money raised would be ticket money to Hearts, pie, bovril, bus and beer money to charity. That would stick it to all when we hand over cheques at the end of the season.

If it was an official pool by FoH wouldnt actually be a bad idea.

Rather than simply upping subs it would make a statement having a seperate pot of 'heres what you couldve had' as a get it right up you. 

26 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Remember FOH are about to own Hearts outright and could face sanctions or other by receiving monies from fans who are directly advocating a ban on attending SPFL league clubs games. Legally I don’t know if this could cause the club into being charged by the league or SFA. Maybe if it came from the fans through another channel there would be no comeback on the club or FOH.

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, And he’s not praying! said:

There would be no embarrassment should it not reach the levels we hope.

We are pouring in 120/130k a month to the FOH. 

I think a separate, away day match ticket donation is an excellent idea but should it ‘fail’, others would be in no position to laugh given our ongoing continued backing that is the envy of all.

Very much so. Was speaking to a Hun the other day and we both reckon they should be sticking in half a million a month with their support. The Lochend lot would kill for what we put in to our club each month.

2 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

The Lochend lot would kill for what we put in to our club each month

Indeed. So would Ron Gordon...

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Remember FOH are about to own Hearts outright and could face sanctions or other by receiving monies from fans who are directly advocating a ban on attending SPFL league clubs games. Legally I don’t know if this could cause the club into being charged by the league or SFA. Maybe if it came from the fans through another channel there would be no comeback on the club or FOH.

I don't think the club would ever advocate fans not going to away games. We could really milk it by sending one fan to each away game to represent us all.  They could carry one of these large cheques showing the amount that home club had lost from ticket sales that day.  We need to make a mockery of those that stabbed us.

The club/FoH will never agree to doing something like this officially. It needs to be supporters.

14 hours ago, Spellczech said:

In what way could it be a failure? It's extra, non-budgeted for income. Literally any £ given is a £1 Hearts wouldn't have had.

The primary 'action' from the fans should be to not attend away games giving those team money. That is the goal. If 10 people out of that group decide to donate the ticket money to Hearts then thats an added bonus to the club. The only way we can fail is if fans attend the games in large numbers. There should be no pressure or expectation that people need to donate to this fund. We already give enough. 

14 hours ago, RobNox said:

Absolutely, I said already that this sort of thing only reduces us to the level of the clubs that shafted us, and I really want to be better than that.  I certainly won't be donating to some dodgy website where I have no idea where my money is going or how much is being skimmed off in admin fees.  I'll stick to donating to FOH. 

Aye, cause we are just going to send our money to some random current account right enough. 

Glad you donate to FoH and will be keeping that up. 

Hoarding money whether in FoH or a separate account can be put to good use by the club but thinking we can bring down smaller clubs by not going to away games is laughable. Clubs outwith the top division dont rely on the big clubs for gate money because it's usually the Hamiltons and St Middens that go down. The threat of clubs going out of business is real, but not from our fans not travelling.

5 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Hoarding money whether in FoH or a separate account can be put to good use by the club but thinking we can bring down smaller clubs by not going to away games is laughable. Clubs outwith the top division dont rely on the big clubs for gate money because it's usually the Hamiltons and St Middens that go down. The threat of clubs going out of business is real, but not from our fans not travelling.

They are on their knees right now due to lack of games and crowds. At this moment in time, it could inflict serious damage.