Top Posters In This Topic

• Shapes

• Boof

• Marvin

• Bunny Munro

4 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

just as well i wasn't the assassin.

ย 

on night 2 knowing i couldn't win i would have shot the cop, the doc & myself in 1 goย ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

ย 

Sean I actually think we might be the same person ๐Ÿ˜‚ I was thinking that if I was the assassin I would have just killed off roled players for a laugh ๐Ÿ˜‚

9 minutes ago, Groot said:

Was also thinking during the game, Iโ€™ve never been a goon with Boof, thatโ€™d be great fun if it ever happens

I have and our PM thread was a right laugh ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ and we won!

yvonnejambo
9 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

after my short spell on the pitch I wouldn't mind

ย 

ย 

Thanks bunny!

If you want to thatโ€™s coolย 

Can confirm if I was the assassin and rumbled on night 1, basically instantly ending any chance of me winning I'd 100% go rogue too. If I'm going down I'm taking as many as i can down with me for max carnage :lol:

2 minutes ago, Simo said:

Can confirm if I was the assassin and rumbled on night 1, basically instantly ending any chance of me winning I'd 100% go rogue too. If I'm going down I'm taking as many as i can down with me for max carnage :lol:

๐Ÿคฃ I'd do the same, totally **** up as many as I could!!

2 minutes ago, Simo said:

Yep me too. Can't be bothered with them playing for the town. Might as well play for the goons if that's the mentality. Three quickfire bullets, over and out, thanks for the game ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

I'd actually like to see the assassin being able to strike at any time, day or night... doubt the purists would enjoy that though ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

Bunny Munro
33 minutes ago, Groot said:

it made no odds to the game but for me thatโ€™s not right, we were already goosed and the good guys are getting extra help

Fair comment.

It was planned before the game started, I overestimated how big an advantage having the turncoat was for the goons, and the game took a huge dip for you at day 2, didn't feel right to go against my original plan because one team was doing better than the other.

ย 

Also the challenge itself wasย supposed to arouse suspsion in whoever got it, making it a double edge sword with a reasonable chance of failure, but because day 3 was, well day 3, boof went under the radar.

52 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

I think what was strange as after Boof pretty much said he was the doc and Dawn shared trust list early on ( I wasnโ€™t sure if cop or mason, until worked out Marvin was the assassin) but how they werenโ€™t topย goon targetsย 

ย 

They tried...ย :verysmug:

ย 

ย 

Actually...why go for me on night 1? Too much of a gobshite?

Just now, Boof said:

ย 

They tried...ย :verysmug:

ย 

ย 

Actually...why go for me on night 1? Too much of a gobshite?

C'mon then, spill!!!

Who and when did you save?

Night 1 saved myself - goons went for me

Night 2 saved Yvonne - goons went for Yvonne

Night 3 saved myself again, though tried to get the goons to believe I'd saved Shapes so I could stop her from being turned night 4ย (if she was good - which I still wasn't sure of - and also the turncoat) - goons went for the guaranteed kill of Yvonne

Night 4 saved Marvin - goons went for Marvin

ย 

More saves in one game than Pereira managed this season!

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Night 1 saved myself - goons went for me

Night 2 saved Yvonne - goons went for Yvonne

Night 3 saved myself again, though tried to get the goons to believe I'd saved Shapes so I could stop her from being turned night 4ย (if she was good - which I still wasn't sure of - and also the turncoat) - goons went for the guaranteed kill of Yvonne

Night 4 saved Marvin - goons went for Marvin

ย 

More saves in one game than Pereira managed this season!

Good work, Goons never pegged me as the cop then!!

21 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Good work, Goons never pegged me as the cop then!!

Rudi thought you were the assassin

ย 

edit - sorry sounds like Iโ€™m blaming him, he came up with a good theory on the PM so thatโ€™s why we focused on Yvonne and from there we were kind of blinded to you

Edited by Groot

1 hour ago, Groot said:

Was also thinking during the game, Iโ€™ve never been a goon with Boof, thatโ€™d be great fun if it ever happens

ย 

Jaysus - you think I'm talkative on-thread...?

ย 

1 hour ago, Shapes said:

I have and our PM thread was a right laugh ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ and we won!

ย 

Well - I'd say Rudi and you won it for us. I didn't last long and my 'help' in the PM thread was correctly ignored :lol:ย 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Really enjoyed that game, so thanks to Bunny for running it.

ย 

I knew I was on to a winner with Smack and was starting to get a bit annoyed that nobody was listening to me ๐Ÿ˜‚. The town saw sense eventually though.

ย 

Part of me is disappointed that I didn't getย to fulfil my role as the turncoat as I'm intrigued to see how that would've changed the dynamics of the game. Did the Goons have any plan at all to go for me? A hit on a guaranteed townie could have brought some luck on that front.

ย 

I had always underestimated the importance of being a townie but they play a pivotal role. If you get to stay until the end you have as much influence on things as roled players, if people are willing to take what you say at face value anyway!

Bunny Munro
5 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

ย 

I knew I was on to a winner with Smack and was starting to get a bit annoyed that nobody was listening to me ๐Ÿ˜‚. The town saw sense eventually though.

ย 

Part of me is disappointed that I didn't getย to fulfil my role as the turncoat as I'm intrigued to see how that would've changed the dynamics of the game. Did the Goons have any plan at all to go for me? A hit on a guaranteed townie could have brought some luck on that front.

ย 

I had always underestimated the importance of being a townie but they play a pivotal role. If you get to stay until the end you have as much influence on things as roled players, if people are willing to take what you say at face value anyway!

You weren't really discussed as a goon target Sheldon. It would have bee. Lovely though considering how many trust lists you were on. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

You weren't really discussed as a goon target Sheldon. It would have bee. Lovely though considering how many trust lists you were on. ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

The fact I was known as a good guy to the cop would certainly have shaken things up a bit!

3 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

The problems all stemmed from night 1. By random bad luck we went for Boof and he then made it pretty clear he was the doc.

ย 

So the masons already have 4 confirmed good (with a slight doubt over Sean being cop), 1 as good as confirmed in Boof and the assassin who was their puppet (not letting that go yet ๐Ÿ˜‚)ย  made 6. Out of 14. With a guaranteed investigation to come.

ย 

Boof was the least confirmed good, so not much choice other than going cop hunting as too many already knew too much and there was the off chance we might hit the turncoat. Even if we had got Yvonne the numbers were still massively against us.ย 

ย 

Never any plans to go for you Sheldon although I was advocating you as assassin (why do you think I was urging you to buy a raffle ticket last night ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰ and blethering about rolls/roles)ย  As soon as the first townie was lynched hunting the turncoat was even less appealing.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

yvonnejambo
10 hours ago, Stuart McNeill said:

after my short spell on the pitch I wouldn't mind

ย 

ย 

Thanks bunny!

Do you mean to run a game or take part?ย 

10 hours ago, Simo said:

ย 

Tbh maybe I should have done that. But knowing that I was discovered after the first investigation it was either, side with the Town for longevity or go "nuts" and take out everyone, which is why I never assassinated Shapes. The thought did cross my mind and I did have tย think about it.

ย 

Stuart McNeill
14 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Do you mean to run a game or take part?ย 

I'll just take part haha.ย 

yvonnejambo
19 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

I'll just take part haha.ย 

Ok I will start a sign up thread this morningย 

5 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Ok I will start a sign up thread this morningย 

Number 4 for me๐Ÿ˜†

12 hours ago, Smack said:

I'd actually like to see the assassin being able to strike at any time, day or night... doubt the purists would enjoy that though ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

I am for this maybe @yvonnejamboย could introduce it in her game and maybe give the assassin 4 bullets instead of the usualย  3.

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Number 4 for me๐Ÿ˜†

ย 

Yvonne has started a sign up thread. You'll be as well popping your name in that. :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, Smack said:

Yep me too. Can't be bothered with them playing for the town. Might as well play for the goons if that's the mentality. Three quickfire bullets, over and out, thanks for the game ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

I'd actually like to see the assassin being able to strike at any time, day or night... doubt the purists would enjoy that though ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

Iโ€™m sure weโ€™ve had games in the past where the assassin could strike during the day.

Rudi Skacel

A mix wouldnt be too bad. 3 bullets as per usual. 1 can be used anytime if they so wish, other two needs to be at night. All 3 can be used at night if they so wish.ย 
ย 

If the assasain decides to play for the town then its so difficult for the goons to win. For example in that game there, there were 15 players. 12 of those trying to find them. 1 assasain who can kill 3 times, a cop trying to investigate them, with 3 masons who can build up a trust list and a doc trying to thwart a goons night kill.ย 
ย 

if you dont get the cop right away then your screwed.ย 
ย 

I think 2 of the 3 goon wins have been when the cop has been got at on the first night.ย 
ย 

In the next game I run I might limit the number of investigations the cop can have. Just something different.ย 

yvonnejambo

Is there a way to find old mafia games? I can only find recent ones when I do a search. I remember doing various different roles in the past, just canโ€™t remember them!ย 

21 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

A mix wouldnt be too bad. 3 bullets as per usual. 1 can be used anytime if they so wish, other two needs to be at night. All 3 can be used at night if they so wish.ย 
ย 

If the assasain decides to play for the town then its so difficult for the goons to win. For example in that game there, there were 15 players. 12 of those trying to find them. 1 assasain who can kill 3 times, a cop trying to investigate them, with 3 masons who can build up a trust list and a doc trying to thwart a goons night kill.ย 
ย 

if you dont get the cop right away then your screwed.ย 
ย 

I think 2 of the 3 goon wins have been when the cop has been got at on the first night.ย 
ย 

In the next game I run I might limit the number of investigations the cop can have. Just something different.ย 

ย 

I thought the turncoat was a good addition and would have been superb (for you) if it had happened. It gives the goons the decision to make - kill or turn.

Maybe 4 goons would have been a better (for you) starting number. Pffft - maybe my erse...of course it would! :lol:ย 

I'd aim for 1/4 of the players to be goons

ย 

Not sure that BS worked too much in the town's favour - for sure it meant Marvin had to become a super-townie but it also gave him some protection as the Cop and masons had to ensure he never got lynched as that would reveal the Cop.

ย 

Still not sure why you went for me first night...did I look Cop-y or just a pain-in-the-erse townie?

Rudi Skacel

Because when your not a goon, you never shut up (which is good for the game) and are just a pain. Little did we know how much of a pain going for you would be.ย 

Rudi Skacel
27 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Is there a way to find old mafia games? I can only find recent ones when I do a search. I remember doing various different roles in the past, just canโ€™t remember them!ย 

you can search back as long as you like

Bunny Munro
2 hours ago, Boof said:

ย 

I thought the turncoat was a good addition and would have been superb (for you) if it had happened. It gives the goons the decision to make - kill or turn.

Maybe 4 goons would have been a better (for you) starting number. Pffft - maybe my erse...of course it would! :lol:ย 

I'd aim for 1/4 of the players to be goons

ย 

Not sure that BS worked too much in the town's favour - for sure it meant Marvin had to become a super-townie but it also gave him some protection as the Cop and masons had to ensure he never got lynched as that would reveal the Cop.

ย 

Still not sure why you went for me first night...did I look Cop-y or just a pain-in-the-erse townie?

It would perhaps be more helpful of the turncoat turned regardless of who killed them. Obviously wouldn't have changed this game but makes the chances of turning much higher.

3 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Some very interesting reading back from 12 years ago (thatโ€™s as far back I can find)ย 

The link doesn't work for me, takes me to your profile page, I've clicked on it 4 times, just ti let you know I'm not stalking you!!

Rudi Skacel
20 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Some very interesting reading back from 12 years ago (thatโ€™s as far back I can find)ย 

Im sure there was a big server change or something happened back then, and instead of it being jamboskickback the webaddress got changed to hmfckickback.ย 

yvonnejambo
18 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

The link doesn't work for me, takes me to your profile page, I've clicked on it 4 times, just ti let you know I'm not stalking you!!

๐Ÿ˜‚ check the link above to a game I did ย along time agoย 

yvonnejambo
14 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Im sure there was a big server change or something happened back then, and instead of it being jamboskickback the webaddress got changed to hmfckickback.ย 

That would make senseย 

What kind of sorcery did you use to get that kind of a search?

ย 

I'd love to know how to search more pinpointingly...

If you run a game, how do yiu go about the pm's, do the mods stop people being able to PM?

yvonnejambo
10 minutes ago, Boof said:

ย 

If you go onto your profile and check back pms then click on link to a mafia game. Notice the 1 I have shared you got lynched day 1 ๐Ÿ˜‚

yvonnejambo
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

If you run a game, how do yiu go about the pm's, do the mods stop people being able to PM?

Mods donโ€™t stop you being able to PM unless you get bannedย 

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

ย 

Trust

14 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've got plans in the pipeline for a game where cheating and skullduggery will be actively encouraged...... another of my ideas that might not suit the purists ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

Will no doubt never happen... but if I can ever be bothered, watch this space ๐Ÿ˜

Rudi Skacel
3 hours ago, Boof said:

ย 

you can go into your profile (or someone elses) and see all the topics they have started or posted in.ย 

9 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

you can go into your profile (or someone elses) and see all the topics they have started or posted in.ย 

ย 

Ah - I thought you'd narrowed the search by using 'mafia' or something similar.

ย 

Anyone know (a) if that's possible and (b) how to do it?