Tick tock

Ronald Villiers

3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

The difference for villa now that there is no need for a fire sale so they might not have to sell.  Grealish more likely to go as been looking for a move previously 

Yep this for me is the likely scenario. They won’t sell both. 
pleasing

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Neil Dongcaster

McGinn started off brightly but has faded quite drastically. 

I don’t think he has the athletic ability to be at a bigger club.

3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Would imagine it being the terms of the initial transfer contract,or less.Would also imagine the sell on percentage to drop year on year also.

The idea that Hibs are going to get a few million is absolute fantasy by them.

Uncle Tom will pocket some that. Pretty sure he never sold Hibs for only around £6m when the McGinn moolah is still a possibility.

And he’s not praying!

Not scored a goal in nigh on 11 months.

For a midfield player that prides himself on timing his runs well, that’s awful.

Overrated shite. 

Nookie Bear
4 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

Pretty sure offers will still come in for him. He’s had a good season. 

Not seen much of him but watched their game today and he looked rubbish against a team that had nothing to play for. 

He also runs like he is scared of running into an overhanging branch. 

Jamstomorrow
9 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I’ve never been over impressed by McGinn and was surprised to see how well he was doing at Villa,  but I was today reminded of his biggest asset when in the closing two minutes he was burdened with the task of holding onto the ball at the corner flag and aye,  he managed to stick his huge arse into opposing players keeping them well away from the baw.

Is McGinn the man who put the 'ass' into 'asset?'

1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Is McGinn the man who put the 'ass' into 'asset?'

No, but he puts the ‘pug’ in to repugnant.

A_A wehatethehibs
12 hours ago, Homme said:

McGinn will be gone. Too good for Villa. 

They’re the 5th biggest club in England by titles won, so really the question next season is, is he good enough for a top half club? Think He’ll stay at Villa and we’ll find out. For Scotland it is good for him to be at a club where he’ll play, say what you want about him he’s always seemed a pretty level headed guy. 

12 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

They’re the 5th biggest club in England by titles won, so really the question next season is, is he good enough for a top half club? Think He’ll stay at Villa and we’ll find out. For Scotland it is good for him to be at a club where he’ll play, say what you want about him he’s always seemed a pretty level headed guy. 

Too many different levels and obtuse angles imo.

The Old Tolbooth

Did someone really suggest McGinn to Liverpool? :rofl: 

Liverpool are about to sign Thiago, and McGinn is the exact opposite of what Klopp looks for in a player, he wants  players with energy and drive, players who have a footballing brain, not a footballing arse, he wouldn't even make the bench at Liverpool, or Man Utd for that matter, and they need decent midfielders. 

19 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

players who have a footballing brain, not a footballing arse,

:rofl:

Brilliant.

21 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

McGinn started off brightly but has faded quite drastically. 

I don’t think he has the athletic ability to be at a bigger club.

What do we know.

Above Dave Mackay (46th) in SFA's top 50 ranked players. 

complete control
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

What do we know.

he wouldnt be in my top 380

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

What do we know.

Voted for by people who have barely heard of Mackay, some of the list is bizarre to be honest. Most have never even played at a major tournament. 

Gordon Ramsay

Grown men soiling themselves on Hibs.net due to the arbitration decision.

Imagine being that scared of a derby pumping 🤣🤣

Fitzroy Pointon
20 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Wouldn't give them the satisfaction of looking in on their deluded page after yesterday.  The interlopers will be reporting back that we're on here crying about their posts.  

Watching "European Cup: British Pioneers" on ITV4. 

It's onto Man U, 1968, and they still haven't mentioned Hibs?

Wtf?

They trailblazed, I think they might even have invented it but nothing?

Looks like we were right all along: a fecking footnote in the history of football. Probably not even that. 

On 28/07/2020 at 12:50, Salad Fingers said:

Wouldn't give them the satisfaction of looking in on their deluded page after yesterday.  The interlopers will be reporting back that we're on here crying about their posts.  

Same , I would not waste my time , would rather open up a beer and listen to some good music if I’m bored rather than read utter hobo  p**h  🤷‍♂️

Ross has declared himself happy with the squad ie skint. They all seemed to be getting Docherty and another lol wake up call. 11k season tickets yet shopping in the bargain basement they are a few defeats and a cup pumping away from a crisis 

9 minutes ago, Rods said:

Ross has declared himself happy with the squad ie skint. They all seemed to be getting Docherty and another lol wake up call. 11k season tickets yet shopping in the bargain basement they are a few defeats and a cup pumping away from a crisis 

It’s anybody’s guess who’ll be top 6 and who’ll be flirting with relegation this season. Corners have been cut and cheap options taken by lots of clubs. The OF will dominate like never before with a record gap, Aberdeen will do ok. The other 9? Let’s face it, hibs could be 4th or last and it would be no big surprise. 

Jamstomorrow
On 27/07/2020 at 08:29, The Old Tolbooth said:

Did someone really suggest McGinn to Liverpool? :rofl: 

Liverpool are about to sign Thiago, and McGinn is the exact opposite of what Klopp looks for in a player, he wants  players with energy and drive, players who have a footballing brain, not a footballing arse, he wouldn't even make the bench at Liverpool, or Man Utd for that matter, and they need decent midfielders. 

I am sure I have heard of someone just being an arse warming the bench.  

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It’s anybody’s guess who’ll be top 6 and who’ll be flirting with relegation this season. Corners have been cut and cheap options taken by lots of clubs. The OF will dominate like never before with a record gap, Aberdeen will do ok. The other 9? Let’s face it, hibs could be 4th or last and it would be no big surprise. 

Agree

Aberdeen still look strong. Not sure about Kilmarnock.

The rest haven't strengthened. St Mirren and Ross County have made signings but always uncertainty there. 

Though not having to pay compensation to Hearts and Partick could open the spending before end of transfer window. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Agree

The rest haven't strengthened. St Mirren and Ross County have made signings but always uncertainty there. 

Though not having to pay compensation to Hearts and Partick could open the spending before end of transfer window. 

Never considered the compo aspect. Not convinced by killie boss. Cheap punt.

The Mighty Thor
47 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Agree

The sheep suddenly look less good with Cosgrove out for 4 months. 

Shame. 

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Shame. 

Well indeed. No sale either then. 

Edited by Mikey1874

59 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Totally agree on this mate.

50 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Shame. 

Shame for the big diving lump.

:pleasing:

The DR is saying only 4-6 weeks though.

Edited by neilnunb

On 28/07/2020 at 12:22, Pasquale for King said:

Voted for by people who have barely heard of Mackay, some of the list is bizarre to be honest. Most have never even played at a major tournament. 

Spot on!  Mackay is held in legendary status by fans of three clubs, ourselves, Spurs and Derby.

I remember my first foreign holiday with my parents when I was 16.  We befriended an English family and the conversation turned to football.  They were Spurs fans, and when we told then we were Hearts fans, the English father just went off on one, talking about how Dave Mackay was the greatest player he'd ever seen in a Spurs shirt.

I read Jimmy Greaves' autobiography, where he stated that Mackay was the best player he ever played with.  Considering the teams that Greaves played for, and that he was part of England's World Cup winning squad, that is some praise indeed.

But of course, Dave didn't play for one of the arse cheeks, so he is never going to get the recognition he deserves in Scotland.

Edited by RobNox

3 hours ago, martoon said:

Watching "European Cup: British Pioneers" on ITV4. 

It's onto Man U, 1968, and they still haven't mentioned Hibs?

Wtf?

They trailblazed, I think they might even have invented it but nothing?

Looks like we were right all along: a fecking footnote in the history of football. Probably not even that. 

I'm still waiting to see an interview with Pele where he acknowledges that his success was entirely due to the legacy of some spoon burners from Lochend who taught Brazil how to play football.  

complete control
8 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Spot on!  Mackay is held in legendary status by fans of three clubs, ourselves, Spurs and Derby.

I remember my first foreign holiday with my parents when I was 16.  We befriended an English family and the conversation turned to football.  They were Spurs fans, and when we told then we were Hearts fans, the English father just went off on one, talking about how Dave Mackay was the greatest player he'd ever seen in a Spurs shirt.

I read Jimmy Greaves' autobiography, where he stated that Mackay was the best player he ever played with.  Considering the teams that Greaves played for, and that he was part of England's World Cup winning squad, that is some praise indeed.

But of course, Dave didn't play for one of the arse cheeks, so he is never going to get the recognition he deserves in Scotland.

The best 

On 28/07/2020 at 06:27, Gordon Ramsay said:

Just have to be a cup pumping wont it. 31 October 2020

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Spot on!  Mackay is held in legendary status by fans of three clubs, ourselves, Spurs and Forest.

Indeed, Alex Ferguson said he would be his first choice in a best ever Scotland team. Mackay was always my dads favourite player, he knew him from Broomhouse but was a bit younger. He told a story about how he was working in London and had been bragging about knowing Dave, his workmates were a bit skeptical. Apparently Mackay stopped his car, wound down the window and bellowed “Bertie Hay what the **** are you doing down here”. I can’t remember the rest of the story, whether it actually happened who knows 🤷🏾‍♂️? I’ve still to watch the rest of the Damned United film, I got to the bit where Clough signed him for Derby, need to find the book and read it. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I'm still waiting to see an interview with Pele where he acknowledges that his success was entirely due to the legacy of some spoon burners from Lochend who taught Brazil how to play football.  

I can hear him say “how you say . . . LEITH is it “ hahahahaha. 

2 hours ago, Rods said:

2 cup pumpings in the same competition in the same season....nice!

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, Alex Ferguson said he would be his first choice in a best ever Scotland team. Mackay was always my dads favourite player, he knew him from Broomhouse but was a bit younger. He told a story about how he was working in London and had been bragging about knowing Dave, his workmates were a bit skeptical. Apparently Mackay stopped his car, wound down the window and bellowed “Bertie Hay what the **** are you doing down here”. I can’t remember the rest of the story, whether it actually happened who knows 🤷🏾‍♂️? I’ve still to watch the rest of the Damned United film, I got to the bit where Clough signed him for Derby, need to find the book and read it. 

Both the book and film are very good, although obviously a bit of artistic licence in play. I have another very good book about Clough, written by a football  reporter on a local Nottingham newspaper, who was just a novice when Clough went to Forest, but interviewed him on a more or less weekly basis thereafter until he stepped down as manager.

He talks about his first interview with Clough being a disaster, with Clough telling him not to bother coming back.  He was devastated, thinking his career was virtually over.  The following week, having not bothered to turn up, he got a phone call from Clough asking him where he was.  When he explained to Clough that he'd told him not to come back, Clough told him to get his arse down there pronto.  They ended up having a very good relationship.

There's another great story about Clough, where a reporter referred to him as Brian, and he said 'it's Mr Clough to you'.  The next reporter then referred to him as Mr Clough, and he said 'please, call me Brian'.  He was one of the true characters of the game.

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Read Pele's biography in the early '80's.

Not even a gnat's of appreciation toward the Lochend, trailblazing flairmiesters. 

Ungrateful ****. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Both the book and film are very good, although obviously a bit of artistic licence in play. I have another very good book about Clough, written by a football  reporter on a local Nottingham newspaper, who was just a novice when Clough went to Forest, but interviewed him on a more or less weekly basis thereafter until he stepped down as manager.

He talks about his first interview with Clough being a disaster, with Clough telling him not to bother coming back.  He was devastated, thinking his career was virtually over.  The following week, having not bothered to turn up, he got a phone call from Clough asking him where he was.  When he explained to Clough that he'd told him not to come back, Clough told him to get his arse down there pronto.  They ended up having a very good relationship.

There's another great story about Clough, where a reporter referred to him as Brian, and he said 'it's Mr Clough to you'.  The next reporter then referred to him as Mr Clough, and he said 'please, call me Brian'.  He was one of the true characters of the game.

A great player my old man reckoned, and a fantastic manager obviously.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A great player my old man reckoned, and a fantastic manager obviously.

He was a prolific striker until injury cut his career short, albeit mostly in the second tier.  He used to mention that he had a better goals per game ratio than Jimmy Greaves, but Greaves would point out that his goals were in the top flight.  A bit like comparing Shankland with Robbo.

9 hours ago, RobNox said:

Provided you don't kiss me by Duncan Hamilton? It's one of my favourite football books.

CF11JamTart
1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Provided you don't kiss me by Duncan Hamilton? It's one of my favourite football books.

It's a great book.

"Nobody ever says Thank you" by Jonathan Wilson is another excellent Clough biography. 

10 hours ago, RobNox said:

When the Damned United was released the Clough family were not happy about the portrayal of Clough especially his frequent use of foul language. Michael Sheen was asked about it on a R5 interview (which I heard) and he basically said quite forcefully the portrayal was a true  reflection of the man and clearly the family version of Clough was very different from the footballing version. 

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

When the Damned United was released the Clough family were not happy about the portrayal of Clough especially his frequent use of foul language. Michael Sheen was asked about it on a R5 interview (which I heard) and he basically said quite forcefully the portrayal was a true  reflection of the man and clearly the family version of Clough was very different from the footballing version. 

I seldom swear at home. I swear alot more at my place of work.

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, RobNox said:

He was a prolific striker until injury cut his career short, albeit mostly in the second tier.  He used to mention that he had a better goals per game ratio than Jimmy Greaves, but Greaves would point out that his goals were in the top flight.  A bit like comparing Shankland with Robbo.

I will need to find these books.

Brian Rice was in the radio during lockdown, when he left Hibs to play for Clough he was living in a flat over for the ground. Clough called him in the afternoon one day and asked him to come back to the ground “young man I’m going to teach you about cricket”, and for months they got drunk most afternoons talking about all sorts apparently. Rice said his wife was happy when they got a house further away from the ground and the afternoon sessions became less frequent. 

TyphoonJambo
9 hours ago, martoon said:

Read Pele's biography in the early '80's.

Not even a gnat's of appreciation toward the Lochend, trailblazing flairmiesters. 

Ungrateful ****. 

I heard he sent them a decanter in appreciation, not sure what they done with it🤔

47 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I heard he sent them a decanter in appreciation, not sure what they done with it🤔

😁

Fitzroy Pointon

Spotted this on Instagram a while back. Forgot I had taken a screenshot of it. 

State of it :laugh:

Screenshot_20200726-083234_Instagram.jpg.745af2e4eb66f0a2310e3004a6275431.jpg

22 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Spotted this on Instagram a while back. Forgot I had taken a screenshot of it. 

State of it :laugh:

Screenshot_20200726-083234_Instagram.jpg.745af2e4eb66f0a2310e3004a6275431.jpg

Their players wore the T-shirts the day they clinched a Euro place in 2005. The same day they lay down to Rangers after spending the week insinuating that we would do the same up at Aberdeen. 

Floodlights, discovering Brazil, Bukta...but, for me, the Euro trailblazing thing is the top cringe of all their feeble, hollow boasts.