Vote on preferred outcome

Beast Boy

Reconstruction or court?  

595 members have voted

1. 1. Is your preferred outcome league reconstruction or court?

Trying to gauge opinion on JKB, as to preferred outcome from the reconstruction proposals, or chasing the SPFL through the court.

On the one hand it’s a guaranteed save for us if reconstruction goes through, but on the other we could maybe expose all the corruption and the underhand shenanigans that have gone on. Maybe a chance to rip it all down and build something better and fairer?

Would you prefer the divisions to be reconstructed and HMFC to be put back in the Premiership?

Or would you rather HMFC took the SPFL to court?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• Cruyff

• highlandjambo3

• Jambo Mac

Top Posters In This Topic

kingantti1874

We’d only be taking them to court to force reconstruction or win the monies that we will lose through relegation.. pointless exercise of reconstruction is on table (which it isn’t)

Voted for reconstruction. Whether it be before or after court action, I dont mind.

Going to court and watching the ensuing implosion would be amusing. Following that with viewing the fallout of being reinstated into the top flight would be fantastic.

Wait until reconstruction has happened then take the ****ers to court.

How much of our CEO's time has been devoted to sorting out this utter shambles? Bill it to SPFL board.

Could have been sorted in 10 minutes (apart from the Dundee vote) with a board direction that it'll be 14-10-10-8 and a vote to accept Kelty Hearts and Brora Rangers into League 2. Nobody gets unfairly demoted, Those who - more or less - merit it get bumped up.
Awarding of league titles? Ach, why not - just make sure there's a ****ing big asterisk next to it so that everyone knows it's calculated on <80% of a complete season.

Job done, what's for lunch?

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We’d only be taking them to court to force reconstruction or win the monies that we will lose through relegation.. pointless exercise of reconstruction is on table (which it isn’t)

I don't think that is necessarily true.  The season could be annulled.

The season 2019/20 was disrupted because of an Act of God so why should that impact on 20/21? 

If a match was abandoned due to an Act of God (eg weather) it would be replayed.  The score would not stand and more so with a cup game.  Would we just award the tie to a team who happened to be winning when fog descended.  I think not and more especially if Rangers or Celtic were losing at that point.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No guarantee with court, will drag on.

Tempting to vote that way,  bottom line just want to see us playing football. 

However we should never forget come what may 

I honestly wonder if I’d prefer to take them to court, win our compensation, and at the same time expose the dirty dealing that went on instead. We could then use that to tear the whole corrupt cabal to pieces. 

If reconstruction happens and we don’t take them to court, then they will get away with what went on, and most likely nothing will change. How long until we are on the end of more corrupt decision making?

Fluorescent Adolescent

Should reconstruction fail, we MUST take it to court though.

Which would undeniably be entertaining.

Court for me because if it's reconstruction then I would feel like we have accepted our fate and only stayed up by default. We have been wronged and I would rather it be made right.

indianajones

Court.

The deserve nothing less than being dragged through the legal system and being made to look like the embarrassment that they are. 

avhudtheteeshirt

Reconstruction for me, going to court will only stretch this whole thing out for months more!

Look at it from Hibs point of view, the last time we were both relegated, if we never played the last 8 games they would not have had to go into the play offs!

It just shows how important the last 8 games can be!!!!

frankblack

I'd love nothing more than to grind as many clubs into the dirt that have tried to shaft us, but if reconstruction is on the table it may be the least hasssle and costly.

We want to be in top league.

But I do get the point that court action could be devastating for the SPFL and many clubs.

I think though Reconstruction would be forced by court action before clubs are devastated by a £3 to £6 million settlement 

Needs to go to court. This farce of a football governance system needs cleared out. We all see what has been dragging Scottish football down for decades. A duopoly at the top lording over the SPFL and small time clubs with to much power trying to wag the dog at the bottom. 
Court will expose these clubs and the likes of Dungcaster for what they are. Self centred cheats.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Reconstruction my preferred choice but if need be we need to go to court because we can't just roll over and accept this injustice 

Court is the only answer now. We tried to play nice but it seems you have to fight fire with fire.

Take them down the whole lot.

highlandjambo3

Voted court.

If we get reconstruction fine but weegia, chairmen of other clubs, fans, pundits etc...will continue to lay into us, they will be all over us with blinkers on about us begging to stay up, how lucky we were, how we would have went bust, how we deserved relegation, how we bribed the vote with our benefactor etc...etc...etc... endless drivel for years.

Go to court and a few hoops will crash......simple......be burn the house down and survive.......NEVER forget how we have been treated.

Voted reconstruction over just going to court. If the options were stay up through reconstruction or stay up by going to court then the later would have gotten my vote, in fact even if the second option was don't stay up but win the court case that proves the injustice and we are so handsomely compensated that it threatens the existence of the 'me. myself and I's' of scottish football then i'd quite happily take a season out of the top flight, it'll be a shits how of a league season anyway!

queensferryjambo

Anyone wanting to see Hearts go down a division just to get back at the petty and spiteful clubs and SPFL needs their head felt. We would go down and let's face it we might not come back up as I don't exactly see many Championship matches being shown - the SPFL refs will get away with murder every week. 

Hearts in the top flight all the way. 

You want to get back at the other clubs - do it at a later and vote with your wallets and don't give them any of your hard earned cash simple as that. 

Pans Jambo

Reconstruction.

Ann to dig deep and allow Stendel to get in some truly awesome players and then we completely ruin the following teams to an embarrassing degree when we play them both home and away:

Hibs

Hamilton

St. Mirren

St. Johnstone

Livingston

Ross County

Aberdeen

EVERY TIME!!!

(Also, 12 teams is "diddy". 14 + is much more interesting).

Edited by Pans Jambo

ToadKiller Dog

Dont really want to go through court would rather some form of sensible reconstruction was put in place ,

but part of me thinks it's needed and I will fully back our club 100% when we do go down that road which is looking the most likely outcome .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Court. Kill at least 15 clubs, 20 would be great, 25 would be dreamland stuff. Doncaster and the rest of the SPFL goons bombed out. Reconstruction was the sensible solution to a horrible wrong, the clubs have choose to kick us instead of help themselves. Let them now reap what they’ve sown. **** them all. 

37 minutes ago, MMHearts said:

Court.  Burn it down all of it.

This with sprinkles and a flake. 

Kill them all. 

Pasquale for King

Staying up is the main goal, going to court to try and save our top flight status is ok too. Compensation is definitely secondary.

21 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Court. Kill at least 15 clubs, 20 would be great, 25 would be dreamland stuff. Doncaster and the rest of the SPFL goons bombed out. Reconstruction was the sensible solution to a horrible wrong, the clubs have choose to kick us instead of help themselves. Let them now reap what they’ve sown. **** them all. 

giphy.gif

Reconstruction, bud.

Dream scenario, we're in the Prem, spend a bit, have a great season. That would noise other supports right up.

At the same time as recon, heads need to roll though.

And then there needs to be structural change in the governance of our game. No longer can a team with 200 supporters effect the lives of employees at professional clubs

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Staying up is the main goal, going to court to try and save our top flight status is ok too. Compensation is definitely secondary.

This is the main issue and everything else is secondary/consequential.

My view is that we go to court (and not be deflected by talk of  recon or anything else) until we have it in black and white that we are not relegated/demoted/ejected from the top league.

William H. Bonney

League reconstruction. I just want to watch hearts play football. I’m not interested in court battles. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Absolutely but only if we can’t stay up, or can we do both 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?

Mid Calder Jambo
31 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I like the sound of that even although I voted for reconstruction.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

This is the main issue and everything else is secondary/consequential.

My view is that we go to court (and not be deflected by talk of  recon or anything else) until we have it in black and white that we are not relegated/demoted/ejected from the top league.

It's not the main issue really. The main issue is the loss of revenue from demotion. 

If they had compensated us to the tune of £3million quid or whatever it is we expect to lose, then we could have accepted playing in the Championship next season. We'd be down there for a season, big deal. It's primarily about the money. 

Reconstruction is only on the cards for us because we haven't been compensated and we don't know if a Championship season can take place as normal. 

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's not the main issue really. The main issue is the loss of revenue from demotion. 

If they had compensated us to the tune of £3million quid or whatever it is we expect to lose, then we could have accepted playing in the Championship next season. We'd be down there for a season, big deal. It's primarily about the money. 

Reconstruction is only on the cards for us because we haven't been compensated and we don't know if a Championship season can take place as normal. 

I don't think that's ever been on the table nor do I think it's likely any time soon.

The White Cockade

We won’t win a legal battle

it would destroy Scottish football including us

Reconstruction our only hope but very unlikely 

We need to do everything we can to survive the next year or so as a club as things will be very tough

if that means playing in the Championship  then so be it
I think some teams will go to the wall and we have to concentrate on making sure we we are not one of them

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I don't think that's ever been on the table nor do I think it's likely any time soon.

Yeah. The SPFL have zero money hence the reason why we’ve seen such negative press around court proceedings. The last thing the SPFL want is a court case and any financial damages to Hearts, Partick or Stranraer. 

Ex member of the SaS

Didn't vote as both are preferred depending on timing. Reconstruction and if it fails then straight to court.

Reconstruction for me, but it would've happened by now, imo, it's gone on for far too long, court is looking more and more likely, whatever happens always HHGH