Black Lives Matter Protest.

Ainsley Harriott

Francis Albert
30 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Love the episode where a chimp is inducted into the US Army after ‘passing’ the physical and psychological tests administered by bored functionaries.

Funny nut also a brilliant satire of a culture of blind obedience to rules procedures and box ticking. As relevant today as over 60.years ago.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Justin Z

• Dawnrazor

• The Real Maroonblood

On 31/08/2020 at 09:28, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Oh christ. 

That is going to cause outrage, like serious ****ing outrage. Combined with everything else if they do that shit will kick off I think worse than before. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Oh christ. 

That is going to cause outrage, like serious ****ing outrage. Combined with everything else if they do that shit will kick off I think worse than before. 

In think it is extremely unlikely but if a trial were to find the defendents., including the black defendents not guilty you are correct. All hell will break loose.

It doesn't bode well for justice.

Edited by Francis Albert

It really sounds like they won't be found guilty of murder, which they're charged with. What happens after that is anyone's guess. 

18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

In think it is extremely unlikely but if a trial were to find the defendents., including the black defendents not guilty you are correct. All hell will break loose.

It doesn't bode well for justice.

How many of the defendants are black?

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I think some of the defendents are black or BAME or non-white. 

Edited by Francis Albert

2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

One is, and one is of Laotian descent. The other two are white.

13 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It was exceptionally magnificent. 

No! 

13 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

What is your definition of brilliant?

A  Radio Times poll voted it the best comedy series of all time. Anywhere.

🤣

Brilliant? Not much, but only fools was brilliant at the time at the time. And most of it still is. Bilko was no bad. But like him, I don't fall for your con jobs. 

Oh and Tony Hancock was brilliant, end of. 

Edited by ri Alban

The Real Maroonblood
56 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No! 

🤣

Brilliant? Not much, but only fools was brilliant at the time at the time. And most of it still is. Bilko was no bad. But like him, I don't fall for your con jobs. 

Oh and Tony Hancock was brilliant, end of. 

Tony Hancock was good.

:P

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Watched that tonight and it was like watching a movie. The place is a tinderbox ready to burn

Getting scary now. Once some shots are fired and someone is killed, it’s going to be carnage.

Dagger Is Back
9 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Getting scary now. Once some shots are fired and someone is killed, it’s going to be carnage.

I agree. God knows who is going to be able to lead the country and sort this mess

out

Ticking time bomb. The two vigilante leaders shown last night don’t seem the reunification types 

I will repeat ad nauseam. A country born from the firearm, and run by the firearm.

Anyone who tries,to do anything about it, they will be shot. Like many I am amazed Donald Trump is still alive. Still plenty time left for some crackpot or daft group to take him out though.

Assassinating Trump will only make things worse.

It'll reinforce the ideas that his opponents are violent (or the Deep State) and the militias will go mental.

He needs to be removed from office, prosecuted and jailed for his various crimes, all his conspiracy theories picked apart, his legacy destroyed and the entire MAGA movement discredited.

jack D and coke
34 minutes ago, Cade said:

Assassinating Trump will only make things worse.

It'll reinforce the ideas that his opponents are violent (or the Deep State) and the militias will go mental.

He needs to be removed from office, prosecuted and jailed for his various crimes, all his conspiracy theories picked apart, his legacy destroyed and the entire MAGA movement discredited.

The genie is out the bottle with regards MAGA. Good luck getting that back in there. Tbh I feel the left is a lot to blame for this as much as the right. Trying to close everyone down for years and labelling everyone a racist etc. People had just had enough and try take that belief apart you’ll inflame it even more I reckon. 
I hope I’m wrong but America looks on the verge of huge internal problems. Worrying levels of people with their fingers on triggers. Politicians of all colours and beliefs are to blame for inflaming their supporters fears and prejudices. 
I mean that the world over too. Elections are played out in the gutter now, everyone is a scumbag and corrupt etc etc. It’s hard to see a way out. 

I just watched a video of BLM protestors scream at an elderly couple having lunch at an outdoor café yelling "you owe me" over and over then one woman walks up and drinks their drink before laughing at them.

The same video showed more BLM protestors assault a black McDonalds store manager because he wouldn't let them harass his customers.

The problem with BLM is that they hate everyone who does not agree with them or bend the knee regardless of colour . They are more blatant and equally as disgusting as any white supremacist group I have seen yet get hardly any negative press.

27 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I just watched a video of BLM protestors scream at an elderly couple having lunch at an outdoor café yelling "you owe me" over and over then one woman walks up and drinks their drink before laughing at them.

The same video showed more BLM protestors assault a black McDonalds store manager because he wouldn't let them harass his customers.

The problem with BLM is that they hate everyone who does not agree with them or bend the knee regardless of colour . They are more blatant and equally as disgusting as any white supremacist group I have seen yet get hardly any negative press.

Absolutely 👍

luckyBatistuta
32 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Spot on Ron. The reporting is shocking too. They make out the white militia are brazen racists looking for trouble and the black militia as peaceful protesters. They’re all marching carrying guns in an intimidating manner imo, so all just as bad as each other. Folk keep making out Trump is to blame for this. Yes he has fuelled it and has dealt with it all in a shocking manner, but this was all there before he came along. The man is an absolute clown, but the cops were still shooting black people long before him. The guy fronting the the Not ####ing Around Coaltion (could surely have picked a better name) wants to be given their own piece of America, possibly Texas🤪 

Today will be interesting re 'black lives matter'

English premier league captains meeting to see if they should continue taking the knee and meetings re whether 'black lives matter' should be kept as a slogan given its link with the group/organisation of the same name who are benefitting from the slogan even though people clearly don't know what the group stands for.

Football trying to come up with new slogan/s to operate under

Sportsmail understands clubs will drop the controversial Black Lives Matters slogan from players' shirts when the delayed 2020-21 season begins next week.

However, players will be permitted to continue taking the knee if they wish but that is likely to be left as a matter for individual clubs rather than being mandated by the Premier League. 

RELATED ARTICLES

jack D and coke
53 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I’ve never seen more blatant in your face racism than I’ve seen with this BLM. 
I bet people even think I’m racist for posting that.
That’s where we are now. 

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That’s where we are now. 

It’s a constant stream of racist actions and remarks from BLM, the peaceful hypocritical protesters. I guess I’ll get labelled too🙄

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It’s a constant stream of racist actions and remarks from BLM, the peaceful hypocritical protesters. I guess I’ll get labelled too🙄

Aye, and those lovely folk from Antifa. 

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aye, and those lovely folk from Antifa. 

We can all see blatant racism, which is wrong on all fronts...but only certain groups are called out for it.

30 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That’s where we are now. 

There are complete dingbats on both sides.

BLM extremists being complete dingalings does not mean that racism in the USA doesn't exist but this is the agenda being pushed.

Trying to portray the entire protest movement as a violent anti-white uprising is nonsense.

12 minutes ago, Cade said:

BLM extremists being complete dingalings does not mean that racism in the USA doesn't exist but this is the agenda being pushed.

Trying to portray the entire protest movement as a violent anti-white uprising is nonsense.

Well, they're certainly having a few free hits. 

50 minutes ago, Cade said:

Yep, there always will be. Then it becomes a matter of following the evidence to get a full picture.

50 minutes ago, Cade said:

Correct. And as the facts tell us, the overwhelming statistical danger to the country is from right-wing terrorism, and the vast majority of protests have been peaceful, with many of them only turning violent because of white nationalist groups, with police acquiescence.

People with an agenda at odds with the truth then post nonsense like the above—or get personal. At some point it's best just to leave the wilfully ignorant to it.

Meanwhile, be assured it's "just a few bad apples" or whatever the line is this week, that are laminating ****ing cards to give to people so they can present them to cops when they're in trouble and get preferential treatment.

The Little Cards That Tell Police 'Let's Forget This Ever Happened'

image.png.95cfa61656c1f14dd70df24be0f3a61b.png

It may seem inconsequential when that choice means a police officer’s 19-year-old nephew walks away with a warning for running a stop sign in his suburban neighborhood. But because cops can also use discretion to over-apply the law violently to vulnerable populations, PBA cards and the privileges they confer are darkly emblematic of how certain people are favored in situations in which others are endangered or hurt by police.

The existence of these cards is a concrete example of a larger, often more insidious problem in American policing: Discretionary decision-making allows police to pick and choose who the law really applies to—and who gets a pass.

. . . well, absolutely not the same thing even if it only were a few bad apples (it's not, it's systemic and widespread, as exhaustively shown in this thread alone). Police all belong to the same units, they all come together to form a police culture, they're all trained and promoted in the same chains of command. A million people could go to the same protest and have a million different reasons for going.

That's without even getting into the fact that police wield the immense power of the state against the populace, and to corruptly protect their own. Ordinary folk have no such mechanisms for protecting themselves and each other from this power.

10 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

. . . well, absolutely not the same thing even if it only were a few bad apples (it's not, it's systemic and widespread, as exhaustively shown in this thread alone). Police all belong to the same units, they all come together to form a police culture, they're all trained and promoted in the same chains of command. A million people could go to the same protest and have a million different reasons for going.

That's without even getting into the fact that police wield the immense power of the state against the populace, and to corruptly protect their own. Ordinary folk have no such mechanisms for protecting themselves and each other from this power.

:conspiracy:

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Utter Scum.

Makes it tough for the real deal and gives the folk like Trump ammunition. 

We can hopefully all agree this ain't it. But that's easy. Ending the analysis there is smoothbrained.

It's a good thing the vast majority of Black folks in the US are only after justice/equality, and not revenge for literal centuries of treatment. Else we'd be seeing a lot more of much worse than this.

Still, it's a good reminder that even though what we are seeing in these videos is confrontational and uncalled for, for many people what matters first and foremost—or the only thing that matters—is white comfort. It's literal carnage in their minds if white people are the slightest bit inconvenienced or made to feel uncomfortable, ever. The entire point of BLM and other causes for justice is that people in non-white communities deal with this or worse on a daily basis. And the entire point of protests is to make people feel uncomfortable, because while they have been comfortable they've been ignoring systemic injustice.

Think of how uncomfortable Colin Kaepernick kneeling made millions of people, and instead of stopping for just a millisecond to consider why in the world he would be doing that, it was "Utter Scum".

It only gives Trump ammunition because of this fundamental structural racism and people's gleeful willingness to ignore it.

Edited by Justin Z

Its so easy to get upset about subjects such as this. I watched the tapes of George Floyd dying under the control of the police. It was not easy for me to be critical of the police actions but I was and am.

I understood the principle of black lives matter, but having witnessed death quite often professionally I understand the value of all life, death is the great finisher, whatever the deceased was they now no longer are here.

Now we have had protests for an extended period, the whole gist of what they were all about has gone, both sides equally guilty. Black and white and other colors, genders, races et al have totally lost track of their purpose. There should be one common enemy but there is no longer one, police, politicians are all scrambling to get their piece of the demonstration pie. The most senior politician in the United States is in my opinion not only not curbing the problem, but is in fact in a perverse way encouraging it. His constant praise of the police, and deep relationship with the police Unions is to me disturbing. His threat to cure the problem as in Portland by injecting  unidentifiable law enforcement into the scene is to say the least if not dictatorial an introduction to such. This again in my humble opinion can only lead to a situation where Black,White, Yellow, Brown , lives will only matter if they bow to a leader who after an election has stated the election was rigged, fraudulent , and anti  he. His solution will be to decide not to go and continue as President under rules he will create. 

If this sounds like the wanderings of a fantasist, what would you have said in 2015 if I had said the things that have happened and been done under Trump, his lies, his scandals, his love ins with some of the worlds most dangerous dictators, his total falseness from his physical appearance, his stupid statements like bleach enemas to rid one of disease, his uncanny power to get those who have been highly critical of him to now be so far on his side they have become enablers.  

It will not be the first time in history that a ell intentioned movement such as BLM has led to being totally overrun and used not for good purposes but contributes to a whole new set of problems.

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Its so easy to get upset about subjects such as this. I watched the tapes of George Floyd dying under the control of the police. It was not easy for me to be critical of the police actions but I was and am.

I understood the principle of black lives matter, but having witnessed death quite often professionally I understand the value of all life, death is the great finisher, whatever the deceased was they now no longer are here.

Now we have had protests for an extended period, the whole gist of what they were all about has gone, both sides equally guilty. Black and white and other colors, genders, races et al have totally lost track of their purpose. There should be one common enemy but there is no longer one, police, politicians are all scrambling to get their piece of the demonstration pie. The most senior politician in the United States is in my opinion not only not curbing the problem, but is in fact in a perverse way encouraging it. His constant praise of the police, and deep relationship with the police Unions is to me disturbing. His threat to cure the problem as in Portland by injecting  unidentifiable law enforcement into the scene is to say the least if not dictatorial an introduction to such. This again in my humble opinion can only lead to a situation where Black,White, Yellow, Brown , lives will only matter if they bow to a leader who after an election has stated the election was rigged, fraudulent , and anti  he. His solution will be to decide not to go and continue as President under rules he will create. 

If this sounds like the wanderings of a fantasist, what would you have said in 2015 if I had said the things that have happened and been done under Trump, his lies, his scandals, his love ins with some of the worlds most dangerous dictators, his total falseness from his physical appearance, his stupid statements like bleach enemas to rid one of disease, his uncanny power to get those who have been highly critical of him to now be so far on his side they have become enablers.  

It will not be the first time in history that a ell intentioned movement such as BLM has led to being totally overrun and used not for good purposes but contributes to a whole new set of problems.

2 hours ago, Sharpie said:

I also watched the tapes of George Floyd dying at the hands of the police Bob. It was hard to watch another human beings life being taken by a callous killer. This does not mean that all police officers in America are racist killers, even though some individuals will try to paint a picture that they are. It must be hard for the good honest officers to go to work every day being branded as such. There are bad officers in all forces around the world. I’m still waiting over three months later for the proof that this was a racial killing, but still nothing coming from the accusers on here. People with an agenda at odds with the truth posting nonsense.

luckyBatistuta

Just a couple of bad apples in a peaceful protest. A whole page of countless thugs terrorising people going about their everyday lives. These people being attacked might have actually supported their cause, but now they are actively turning them against their fight. It’s just a couple of bad apples though🙄

https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-blm-terrorizes-elderly-couple-and-assaults-others-in-pittsburgh

35 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I also watched the tapes of George Floyd dying at the hands of the police Bob. It was hard to watch another human beings life being taken by a callous killer. This does not mean that all police officers in America are racist killers, even though some individuals will try to paint a picture that they are.

This is called straw manning and does nothing but show the weakness in your position. You clearly feel you cannot accurately represent the opposing argument, and it's obvious why.

36 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It must be hard for the good honest officers to go to work every day being branded as such. There are bad officers in all forces around the world.

It must be extremely hard for them, yes, since they consistently get run out of departments when they try to get the bad officers held accountable, or when they do things for the benefit of the public they are sworn to protect and serve instead of the police department.

17 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just a couple of bad apples in a peaceful protest. A whole page of countless thugs terrorising people going about their everyday lives. These people being attacked might have actually supported their cause, but now they are actively turning them against their fight. It’s just a couple of bad apples though🙄

https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-blm-terrorizes-elderly-couple-and-assaults-others-in-pittsburgh

This is the exact same video as before. The statistics outlined above still show what they show, regardless of your blatant bias and wilful ignorance.

In addition to the the discussion up there, the other key point is that there will be wheels already in motion to hold the folks responsible for breaking the law, accountable.

Lack of police accountability is one of the actual arguments you are up against. You don't want to admit that, because then your apologia for the systemic problems endemic in American policing would be laid bare, so you straw man it as "all police officers in America are racist killers". That's easy to attack, but it's also not what anybody has ever said.

When you're ready to stop making excuses for bad cops and the system that covers for them, while using a smoke screen of false equivalencies and double standards to hide your own, be sure to let us know, and we can have a substantive discussion.

3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

It must be extremely hard for them, yes, since they consistently get run out of departments when they try to get the bad officers held accountable, or when they do things for the benefit of the public they are sworn to protect and serve instead of the police department.

This is speculation I can't support with data though there may be data on my speculation somewhere. I'm thinking that perhaps racism isn't a common thread running right through all or most American cops as such.

There may be examples of it in some or maybe even many departments. But i'm speculating that where you have an odd rotten apple or two in the barrel the majority are not like them and will sideline them through various means.

On the other hand i'm more than confident there are specific departments in specific states where almost the entire barrel is infected and anyone questioning their activities will be the ones to be sidelined.

How do you deal with that in such a fractured system with no national controlling body.