kingantti1874

Will you go after the comments of this outspoken clown  

868 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend Ayr United

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
21 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Not for league.

Reasonable number.

That explains the opulent facilities made available to visiting fans at Ibrox.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• martoon

• David McCaig

• GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, martoon said:

Had a quick look and their league average was 1778 this season. 

14 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Pathetic... were their fans socially distancing last season as well!!

You jest, but a quick flick through average attendances shows that only 5 clubs would be severely effected by reduced capacities. 

The rest will have minimal impact or even none like these diddies. 

Their thought process is to pocket the crumbs of the table from the sky money and then go about as normal. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
15 hours ago, Boof said:

Do we have the right to organise reserve, youth, 2nds, colts, women's matches on days the first team is playing away?

And to host them at Tynecastle?

And to charge £1 for admission (so 20p VAT) and take up a voluntary collection forbye?

And open the Gorgie Suite for pies and beers?

I'd be up for that - on my very occasional forays doon the road.

This is what used to happen in the 1970s.  The reseves played at Tynecastle on Saturdays when the first team was away. Those of us that couldn't afford to go away would go along and watch.  Only the main stand was open and the charge was fairly nominal.  Now, I usually try to time my occasional forays up the road to coincide with a home game but I'd be happy to take in any of the above games. 

The availabiliity of pies and pints would have no bearing on my opinion.  Naw, really....

David McCaig
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

You jest, but a quick flick through average attendances shows that only 5 clubs would be severely effected by reduced capacities. 

The rest will have minimal impact or even none like these diddies. 

Their thought process is to pocket the crumbs of the table from the sky money and then go about as normal. 

I posted on this before that that when lower league clubs say 30% capacity allowed in grounds, what they actually mean is 100% of their actual support.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

This is what used to happen in the 1970s.  The reseves played at Tynecastle on Saturdays when the first team was away. Those of us that couldn't afford to go away would go along and watch.  Only the main stand was open and the charge was fairly nominal.  Now, I usually try to time my occasional forays up the road to coincide with a home game but I'd be happy to take in any of the above games. 

The availabiliity of pies and pints would have no bearing on my opinion.  Naw, really....

Went on into the 80s as well. My grandad took me along a few times. 

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, Boof said:

Do we have the right to organise reserve, youth, 2nds, colts, women's matches on days the first team is playing away?

And to charge £1 for admission (so 20p VAT) and take up a voluntary collection forbye?

Great idea, even a few extra hundred would be extra income and great for the lads. 

16 hours ago, Boof said:

Apologies for quoting myself  but I've had another thought...

When we had the concert last year...was there a stadium ban on alcohol consumption then (in view of the playing surface is some sort of wording that sticks in my mind)? Sure these musical folk like a dram or two as much as the football fans.

[Edit - another thought!] - giving the non-first team players the chance to play in front of an always-appreciative Tynecastle crowd would surely do nothing but boost their confidence and make them much better players...wouldn't it? :whistling:

Does the alcohol ban apply to all events? Just football? Just first team football? Wondering if we could have a pint in our seat while watching the youngsters/women?

Let it not be forgotten, too, that the reason the alcohol ban was brought in in the first place was due to an on-pitch riot after an Old Firm cup final. But aren't they such a positive force for Scottish football...?

Edited by Boof

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Went on into the 80s as well. My grandad took me along a few times. 

Thanks for reminding me just how auld I am.

colinmaroon
On 02/06/2020 at 11:22, merrymac said:

Not every away ground you total knobhead!. Only those of self serving brainless twats

Caley Thistle can expect a bumper day IF we come calling

The SPFL will make sure it's at an awkward day/time.

36 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

wont matter. We will be there 

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Make a holiday of it then. Go see the beastie, battlefield tour, gew brers, watch the game, night out in Inverness, back next day. Whats not to like. Its a good place for a night out. Friendly folk as well. If you can understand a word they say😊😊

SpruceBringsteen

I see the sodden cholesterol bag is a big Trump fan.

I also see there's no black players at Ayr.

Makes you think. :cool:

Doctor FinnBarr
9 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Make a holiday of it then. Go see the beastie, battlefield tour, gew brers, watch the game, night out in Inverness, back next day. Whats not to like. Its a good place for a night out. Friendly folk as well. If you can understand a word they say😊😊

According to some they speak the best English in the UK because they don't use much slang. They do however have a dialect, if you can fool one of them into saying "rubber bumper" or "rubber dingy" you'll wet yerself........right eenuff.

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

David McCaig
16 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

My wife is from Inverness... it was a shock when she first said her old friends from the IRA were coming down for the weekend!!!

17 hours ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

For a period of time in the 60s, the reserves played the same club on a Friday night that the 1st team played on a Saturday.  I wasn't PHM enough to go to the reserves away games but I was a regular on Friday nights in the enclosure for the home games.  

jambos are go!
7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

For a period of time in the 60s, the reserves played the same club on a Friday night that the 1st team played on a Saturday.  I wasn't PHM enough to go to the reserves away games but I was a regular on Friday nights in the enclosure for the home games.  

I went on Friday nights as well. Remember Cammy Fraser  playing on the Friday night for the Reserves and playing for the first team the next day. Was  substituted at  half time IIRC.

For me not going to away games has nothing to do with being in the huff, and everything to do with looking after our club so that we can come through this in a better position.

Old Pivotonian

My views (as expressed on FB yesterday) are as follows:  

Lachlan, like some of his more excitable countrymen, just canny keep quiet. Now he tells us that Hearts fans should flock to his club's ground (thereby handing over the tens of thousands of pounds that his club needs to survive ) and not stay 'in the huff'. When he puts it like that it's rather difficult to make a decision. Stay in the huff over being unlawfully thrown out of a league his club will never compete in, OR , let bygones be bygones and spend money attending a football match on the other side of the country in a dilapidated sh@'te-house of a 'stadium' in the worst west-coast pile of pre-war, seaside-town-they-forgot-to-pull-down, Armageddon. chicken-shack,  f@ckwittery town in Britain. Hmm, Difficult choice, let me think about it. I'll get back to you Lachlan.

On 03/06/2020 at 11:30, Boof said:

Apologies for quoting myself  but I've had another thought...

When we had the concert last year...was there a stadium ban on alcohol consumption then (in view of the playing surface is some sort of wording that sticks in my mind)? Sure these musical folk like a dram or two as much as the football fans.

[Edit - another thought!] - giving the non-first team players the chance to play in front of an always-appreciative Tynecastle crowd would surely do nothing but boost their confidence and make them much better players...wouldn't it? :whistling:

Does the alcohol ban apply to all events? Just football? Just first team football? Wondering if we could have a pint in our seat while watching the youngsters/women?

Let it not be forgotten, too, that the reason the alcohol ban was brought in in the first place was due to an on-pitch riot after an Old Firm cup final. But aren't they such a positive force for Scottish football...?

Alcohol was available at the LA Philharmonic concert.

Not a chance the powers that be would allow alcohol to be consumed at/during a football game for us riff raff though. I do like the idea of having other things happening. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Not a chance the powers that be would allow alcohol to be consumed at/during a football game for us riff raff though. I do like the idea of having other things happening. 

I wonder if the concert was organized by Mr Anderson. I know it was by a Hearts supporting couple, never caught their name on the night

4 hours ago, Old Pivotonian said:

Lachlan, like some of his more excitable countrymen, just canny keep quiet. Now he tells us that Hearts fans should flock to his club's ground (thereby handing over the tens of thousands of pounds that his club needs to survive ) and not stay 'in the huff'. When he puts it like that it's rather difficult to make a decision. Stay in the huff over being unlawfully thrown out of a league his club will never compete in, OR , let bygones be bygones and spend money attending a football match on the other side of the country in a dilapidated sh@'te-house of a 'stadium' in the worst west-coast pile of pre-war, seaside-town-they-forgot-to-pull-down, Armageddon. chicken-shack,  f@ckwittery town in Britain. Hmm, Difficult choice, let me think about it. I'll get back to you Lachlan.

Post of the day. 

On 03/06/2020 at 20:37, David McCaig said:

My wife is from Inverness... it was a shock when she first said her old friends from the IRA were coming down for the weekend!!!

😂 Brilliant. Reminds me of my uncles funeral, he used to teach there, I got quite a shock when they talked about the good times at the IRA until they Elaborated further. 

pettigrewsstylist
On 02/06/2020 at 14:10, Troon Jambo said:

There is an alternative view... Show class and be the bigger club. Come together as fans and grow bigger and stronger. Take 5000 away fans to every game. Fill Tynecastle for every home game. Blow all these wee teams away and make them wish that they had a club like ours. Sing our hearts out in support of our great club each week and remind them all that we sometimes go down but we always come back up! To boycott and protest makes the statement we feel aggrieved at the situation but ultimately our team suffers also. It’s time to take on the siege mentality and strengthen the forces in a time of adversity! Mon the Hearts!

Nah. They will continue see us as mugs and ring the tills. Jambo Gorgie LOCKDOON will send far clearer message. 

pettigrewsstylist

Love the idea of speaking to ICT early and getting tkts on sale mths in advance This woud allow segregation arrangments to be planned and  allow a sell out if whole stadium. They could even do someting temporary on A9 side of pitch ££££. What a message that would send.

Also love the idea we host events during boycotted away matches and turn out in number for these.

Done talking with disreputable liars.

Ex member of the SaS
9 hours ago, Goodfella said:

😂 Brilliant. Reminds me of my uncles funeral, he used to teach there, I got quite a shock when they talked about the good times at the IRA until they Elaborated further. 

Care to enlighten those of us who don't go near Inversnecky?

4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Care to enlighten those of us who don't go near Inversnecky?

Inverness Royal Academy mate, secondary school in Inverness. Sorry, should have elaborated myself!

Ex member of the SaS
6 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Inverness Royal Academy mate, secondary school in Inverness. Sorry, should have elaborated myself!

Cheers bud. Makes sense now!

Brick Tamland
14 hours ago, Old Pivotonian said:

Never thought I’d read a Morrissey lyric on here but that is excellent 👏🏻👏🏻 

Heartsofgold
13 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I wonder if the concert was organized by Mr Anderson. I know it was by a Hearts supporting couple, never caught their name on the night

Probably would be.  The Anderson's are very well know supporters, contributors and benefactors of the Edinburgh International Festival.

4 hours ago, Goodfella said:

Used to have constant run-ins with the Ullapool District Academy.

gorgie rd eh11

Even drawing them at home in the cup i couldn't give them a penny. I'd give FOH the price of a ticket but i wouldn't give Ayr or certain other clubs **** all.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Its alright Lachlan,  the colts are here to save you,  the honest men of Ayr will be round to follow follow and hail hail at your shithole 

8 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Its alright Lachlan,  the colts are here to save you,  the honest men of Ayr will be round to follow follow and hail hail at your shithole 

They’ll just be able to wear the tops of the teams they actually support now.

Harry Potter
On 04/06/2020 at 13:00, iantjambo said:

Any Jambo with an ounce of sense, won’t give a penny to this bunch of shitehawks!

This 100%.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

They’ll just be able to wear the tops of the teams they actually support now.

:indeed:

• 1 month later...
Doctor FinnBarr
31 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

This ****ing gimp on the radio offering support to United,Raith and cove.

100% boycott

Support? Is he selling his arse?

On 04/06/2020 at 20:50, Musemic said:

Charge for tickets to the Gorgie Lounge bar and accidentally leave the windows and doors to the stand open? In fact make a day of it for all away games, play reserves at tynie at 11am on a Saturday with the first team on the telly at 3, all tickets for gorgie suite access only *cough*

Diadora Van Basten

There is no need for him to get involved. The Calpol 3 don’t need to get involved.

I think this is just attention seeking behaviour and I very much doubt anything the Calpol 3 QC say will have any bearing on the outcome of the arbitration.

The panel will have the information they require to make a decision and will weigh up the facts based on this information.

All the Calpol 3 QC will do is waste everybody’s time.

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

8 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Charge for tickets to the Gorgie Lounge bar and accidentally leave the windows and doors to the stand open? In fact make a day of it for all away games, play reserves at tynie at 11am on a Saturday with the first team on the telly at 3, all tickets for gorgie suite access only *cough*

You won't get in if you cough!

NeilBerry79

When did this tube become relevant. Gtf with your nonsense. I’ll support the 3 teams treated unfairly he says, couldn’t make it up really. It’s all about Hearts as well he can’t defend sticking the boot into Partick. As for Findlay words fail me. 

On 03/06/2020 at 12:44, GinRummy said:

🤣

My first match was a reserve game at home to Rangers. We lost 6-0 with Billy Urquhart scoring all six!

On 03/06/2020 at 10:38, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Normal practice until SKY came on board.

3pm KO on a Saturday.  Listen to the results in car on way home.

Back then, when first team was away it was reserves or ER with my hibby mate. Never happen now.

As someone with a fixed work schedule I hate the current fixture list when games can be moved around.

Cameron is a welt. 

I hope we can all boycott Ayr away if indeed we are in the championship. 

Giving money away when all clubs are struggling doesn't sit right with me. There will be people that work there that have been made redundant, taken wage cuts etc. but he's away chucking money around? Distasteful to say the least. 

Actually apologies. He’s the fat pig like creature, not the horror movie chap, isn’t he.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

On 03/06/2020 at 19:06, 1971fozzy said:

wont matter. We will be there 

Yep - that is my one guaranteed away day next year.

Lachlan's clearly got a lard on with his 5 seconds of irrelevance.

He seems to hate us even more than Weight Watchers. Any spare cash he should join up.