AB interview

Horatio Caine

Guest ToqueJambo
37 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

You can be as delusional as you like but the fact is, we're desperately scrambling about to stay in the premiership. We have spent probably more than everybody in the the premiership other than the old firm. 

Who else could afford Naismith, Boyce, lafferty etc?

Not to mention the other 70 odd diddies. 

4 year deals handed out like flyers. 

I make it two 4-year contracts - one to probably the highest quality player we've signed since Romanov's early years.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Tennant's  6's

• Deevers

• rory78

Greedy Jambo
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I make it two 4-year contracts - one to probably the highest quality player we've signed since Romanov's early years.

Money well spent then. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Space Pirate said:

Here's a question ( you won't like it)

If the benefactors want to put money into scottish football, why do they have to go through Ann?

They don't. That's the point.

3 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

If the benefactors want to put money into scottish football, why do they have to go through Ann?

Ann only makes the introduction. any agreement would be tween the spfl and the benefactors, not Ann

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Space Pirate said:

You're off your nut.

That's literally the whole debate. She's had a go at Doncaster and co for not taking the lead and leaving her to do everything.

55 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

**** hibs. 

They don't have a FOH and fans constantly plowing money in. 

And they wish they did, big time!

Turkishcap

Glad I did not listen today think ma pish  would have boiled. All bbc Scotland want is the ugly sisters in top 2 and someone 20 points behind in 3rd having a good season. Dont know why we bother,let's just go for it. As for tic wanting the fixtures asap the biggest joke of all. The game is so fecked here it's like N Korea.

Edited by Turkishcap

Guest ToqueJambo
59 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

**** hibs. 

They don't have a FOH and fans constantly plowing money in. 

They tried to set up an FoH. Not enough people contributed. Says it all really.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yes, every club would be nowhere without fans, rich or not. You are right.

Except in England where most of the clubs can still make a profit with no fans.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Whether it's through TV subs or STs every club in the world relies on fans to keep them afloat every year.

Jingle Bells
1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

Not trying to start a riot but i'm actually sick of the fans having to bail the club out all the time

Sick of hearing that we're a very well run business. 

9 million quid of benefactor money

10 million quid of fans money and counting 

An absolute state of a football team on the park

Would we have stayed up if Covid-19 didn't show up? I'm not so sure. 

Constant ****ing bail outs from the fans. 

There is probably a middle way, where we get a football savvy CEO (the core business) whilst Budge serves in another capacity on the Board, if she wishes to.

Lone Striker
12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I would tend to diasagree and suggest that these people are prepared to use their money in a way that can help save the game in Scotland which surely is something that shoud be applauded.

AB during her interview hinted that some other cluibs are in a  financial position to do likewise but prefer to look after themselves.

Well, they're free to decide to throw money at whoever they want, of course.    I get your point of view from a  "lets stick together" aspect, but there's one club who are rich enough to massively help all  struggling clubs.   If  these philanthropist folk are also our benefactors, I'd want them to concentrate only on Hearts, and let Celtic ride to the rescue "for the good of the game".  If they don't, well who cares ?

braveheart

Not trying to start a riot but i'm actually sick of the fans having to bail the club out all the time

How did we manage before you joined us less than 6 months ago?

23 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

You're off your nut.

You’re the most level headed, non confrontational, likeable poster on here.I hope you don’t get bored and leave any time soon.

44 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Come on, I think we all know it is not as simple as no strings attached. 

They will go through Ann for two reasons 1) they would like to stay anonymous and 2) there is no way Ann is going to facilitate all this and the testing and the use of Hearts facilities etc if she does not get reconstruction. 

People should know that the benefactors being mentioned have been supporting "Scottish Sport" for a number of years and not just the Jambos. They have stayed anonymous benefactors and they would most likely prefer to stay that way. 

I'm concerned by Doncaster,s throwaway line that if AB is happy for him to approach the benefactors directly he is happy to do so.  They have managed to remain anonymous for years now and that would be seriously prejudiced if Doncaster learned who they are.

Just withdraw the offer Ann.  Make a statement that you tried to help but were spurned by the SPFL and they will have to paddle their own canoes.

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm concerned by Doncaster,s throwaway line that if AB is happy for him to approach the benefactors directly he is happy to do so.  They have managed to remain anonymous for years now and that would be seriously prejudiced if Doncaster learned who they are.

Just withdraw the offer Ann.  Make a statement that you tried to help but were spurned by the SPFL and they will have to paddle their own canoes.

Doncaster is about to find out this isn't a sponsorship deal for the SPFL.  He hasn't thought this through. 

King Of The Cat Cafe

For too long Scottish football has comprised a closed shop of complicit mediocrities.

There were clubs all too content to brown nose the OF to live off the largesse of a cup game against one or other.

We are now seeing a few clubs at the top that can dictate the shape of the lower leagues - and the future of the clubs there - even though it has no effect on their own positions.

And we are seeing clubs in the lower leagues turning their faces from salvation like the captain of an ocean-going liner refusing to see an iceberg.

AB has seen through their complacency.  Scottish football is lucky to have her.  She is doing what well paid officials have failed to: identify a way forward.

She did not sign up for all this when she rescued Hearts.  Maybe if she had foreseen all the denigration and insults from the clubs and the weejie media, she would have kept her money in her purse and  stayed with her well-earned retirement.

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

If Doncaster thinks he can just take this offer, and the credit, for himself, he can forget it

3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

20k a week would buy peterheed, apart from the jail obviously. The drug traffic going through there probably shames your average columbian entrapeneur.. 

I think it was £15 to £20,000 per closed doors match

But it was just a guess ...a bit high in my opinion and perhaps even now he's thinking ahead as to what he can get out of it

Greedy Jambo
39 minutes ago, obua said:

You’re the most level headed, non confrontational, likeable poster on here.I hope you don’t get bored and leave any time soon.

Sorry, but I'm a realist, I find it hard to sit here reading absolute nonsense and watch fans pile their hard earned into the club time and time again with no return. 

They want to remain  anonymous. 

They obviously trust Ann to keep it that way.

5 minutes ago, 1953 said:

If Doncaster thinks he can just take this offer, and the credit, for himself, he can forget it

It may well be this is a different group/party..just saying

Lone Striker
12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Well spotted, Doug.  It's another reason why I hope these folk are NOT our benefactors. Doncaster is behaving like a total leech anyway - "Thanks Ann, I'll take over from here and collect a nice arrangement fee for saving Scottish football" 😠

I thought Budge came across as sounding desperate.

Offering money in SPFL's bank account on Monday morning but not disclosing who the benefactors were. Think she might regret this.

braveheart
5 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Sorry, but I'm a realist, I find it hard to sit here reading absolute nonsense and watch fans pile their hard earned into the club time and time again with no return. 

Try spending some of your hard earned on joining jkb!you make posts very similar to i8hibsish(or whatever)

this may be a bit naive, but, as the scottish media is hell bent on completely misreporting all of this, and as the future of sport is a big thing globally at the moment, is there no way of having what Hearts through Ann Budge and the benifacors that have been in touch wanting to help the scottish game (something that hasnt been reported to have happened any where else), can be publicized in a wider audience abroad? surely there is a way that all of this can be passed on to a body who may actually report on it objectively, thus showing the cluster**** that is scottish football for what it really is?

This is an answer you will not like!

It’s none of your business!

57 minutes ago, obua said:

Seconded.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

For too long Scottish football has comprised a closed shop of complicit mediocrities.

There were clubs all too content to brown nose the OF to live off the largesse of a cup game against one or other.

We are now seeing a few clubs at the top that can dictate the shape of the lower leagues - and the future of the clubs there - even though it has no effect on their own positions.

And we are seeing clubs in the lower leagues turning their faces from salvation like the captain of an ocean-going liner refusing to see an iceberg.

AB has seen through their complacency.  Scottish football is lucky to have her.  She is doing what well paid officials have failed to: identify a way forward.

She did not sign up for all this when she rescued Hearts.  Maybe if she had foreseen all the denigration and insults from the clubs and the weejie media, she would have kept her money in her purse and  stayed with her well-earned retirement.

Exactly, the comments before and after this revelation must make her wonder why she bothers, these self interested morons who can barely run a club are being offered FREE MONEY and she still gets abuse for facilitating it, over and above the rest of what she’s doing 🤷🏾‍♂️🙈

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

This is an answer you will not like!

It’s none of your business!

:greggy:  :clap: 

12 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Offering money in SPFL's bank account on Monday morning but not disclosing who the benefactors were. Think she might regret this.

She sounded fed up and frustrated.

It is not her place to reveal the identity of these benefactors.

The offer is no strings attached and seperate from Hearts position. 

Don't know why you think she sounded desperate unless of course you didn't actually listen to the interview.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly, the comments before and after this revelation must make her wonder why she bothers, these self interested morons who can barely run a club are being offered FREE MONEY and she still gets abuse for facilitating it, over and above the rest of what she’s doing 🤷🏾‍♂️🙈

What chance has she got when supposed Hearts fans are linking the benefactors offer to Ann being desperate.

3 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

It's been poor, no doubt.   But it's entirely voluntary and most fans are contributing because they love this football club.  We should feel very proud of the FOH.   It helped us survive,   it helped build a new main stand and its going to help massively now. On the park has been completely unacceptable but most of us can separate this from the hugely important contribution we're making.  I've no doubt it will help set us apart in the long run too. 

It's been poor, no doubt.   But it's entirely voluntary and most fans are contributing because they love this football club.  We should feel very proud of the FOH.   It helped us survive,   it helped build a new main stand and its going to help massively now. On the park has been completely unacceptable but most of us can separate this from the hugely important contribution we're making.  I've no doubt it will help set us apart in the long run too. 

PS Apols for posting 3 times!  Can edit but can't find a delete option. 🙄

Edited by Gmcjambo

JamboGraham
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

She sounded fed up and frustrated.

It is not her place to reveal the identity of these benefactors.

The offer is no strings attached and seperate from Hearts position. 

Don't know why you think she sounded desperate unless of course you didn't actually listen to the interview.

That’s how I took her interview. The philanthropy issue is entirely separate from our complaint about fairness. I think she only mentioned it to help demonstrate how ineffective the leadership and governance of the SPFL is. If we don’t see a fast, energetic, flexible response to free money being offered to the game how on earth can we bring the fast, energetic, flexible response required to navigate Scottish through the most turbulent period of modern life since the Second World War, etc.

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Try telling that to the League 1 or League 2 clubs who are not making profits and are making/have made the same sort of decisions imposed on us

The championship clubs rarely make a profit with fans and the Premier League clubs only because of TV money

I think Budge has every right to feel fed up and frustrated.

She's fighting tooth and nail to try and get this passed and there are some chairmen who although this offers no downside to their club, will nonetheless turn their noses up at it to spite Hearts. 

Its really quite pathetic. I wonder if we could use this opportunity to kick out the teams who mothball? We can pretty much all acknowledge that Scottish football has too many teams as is, this could be the catalyst to ridding the SPFL of them and shrinking that number down to a much more manageable amount with interests better aligned. Hearts face losses which stretch into the millions as a result of this and our fate is in the hands of clubs like Cowdenbeath and Clyde? Its utterly ridiculous. These clubs probably don't even have a turnover of over £500k. I'm not being snooty, its just a matter of fact. They are making a decision which will cost us millions with zero regard of the impact that will have on our staff, both playing and otherwise. Most of these clubs have part time players so if there isn't that same level of responsibility. Again, it underlines that these clubs being able to penalise us to the tune of several million pounds is totally unfair and ridiculous. 

I think the vote should go ahead, irrespective of if it passes or not and specifically name the clubs in our lawsuit that vote against it. There is non reason why other clubs who don't seek to harm us should be penalised with this. This cannot be a situation where actions have no consequences. 

34 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Is it the same group though because like the press you are all making assumptions and the statement simply states philanthropists not the benefactors we currently receive help from

Edited by CJGJ

Horatio Caine

When I heard the interview this afternoon, my spirits rose.  An offer being made to rescue the game we all love, no strings attached.  And it's through a Hearts connection that the offer has come.  The aftermath of this is frankly, unbelievable.  Between the giggling sisters on Sportsound, Cosgrove, and now the MSM, somehow this has become a stick to beat us with.  And as for the little Hitlers in charge of little teams, holding forth with their sarcasm and rudeness, it just beggars belief.  As someone further up this thread pointed out - Willie Haughey gifts £2.5M and he's a great guy.  A group of prospective donors come up with much more than that, and they're somehow sinister and suspect and Ann Budge is a liar.  

glynnlondon
34 minutes ago, Gav M said:

this may be a bit naive, but, as the scottish media is hell bent on completely misreporting all of this, and as the future of sport is a big thing globally at the moment, is there no way of having what Hearts through Ann Budge and the benifacors that have been in touch wanting to help the scottish game (something that hasnt been reported to have happened any where else), can be publicized in a wider audience abroad? surely there is a way that all of this can be passed on to a body who may actually report on it objectively, thus showing the cluster**** that is scottish football for what it really is?

No-one outside Scotland gives a ****.

Could say the same for a lot within the country as well.

Game is seen here (because it's been marketed as for 4/5 decades ) as a 2 club freakshow of Barnum proportions.

8 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Not just willing to but will - she recognises this might hurt Scottish football but by that stage it will be Hearts first.

Brilliant! That’s all I wanted to hear!!

Jingle Bells
2 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

One could argue that Doncaster is more or less unofficially on the payroll of Desmond, MacLennan and Lawwell  etc going by recent events.

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What chance has she got when supposed Hearts fans are linking the benefactors offer to Ann being desperate.

It’s scary, sue could give every club £10m and they’d be like “what do you want in return for that”. I’ve been critical of her regarding Levein but it’s misguided for Hearts fans to criticise her over this situation.