AB interview

Horatio Caine

Selkirkhmfc1874

Wish Mrs Budge would just put her Hearts hat on and bugger the rest of them ! Let whoever can't survive go to the wall on keep any monies for Hearts 

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Tennant's  6's

• Deevers

• rory78

The Natural Order
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Wish Mrs Budge would just put her Hearts hat on and bugger the rest of them ! Let whoever can't survive go to the wall on keep any monies for Hearts 

Yip. I honestly think that's the only way forward. Accept we'll be in the Championship and start legal action for compensation. The costs will end most lower league clubs so you form a Championship with what's left. Hopefully benefactor money can be channeled towards clubs like Inverness, Partick, Falkirk to make sure they make the new Championship.

The Natural Order
3 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Its true why are we trying to save clubs that are trying to screw us over?

A great question.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I guess the money could be offered with no strings attached but pulled if we don’t get put back in the SPL.

I presume Sportspund are explaingon that of the Championship or any league starts late Or not at all that will need a reconstruction vote anyway?

27 minutes ago, JAMBONI said:

Aberdeen is the only place I know where the people can peel an orange in their pocket 

😂👍

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I guess the money could be offered with no strings attached but pulled if we don’t get put back in the SPL.

I presume Sportspund are explaingon that of the Championship or any league starts late Or not at all that will need a reconstruction vote anyway?

Are you pissed? 

Budge has probably discussed the possibility of funding with the benefactors as part of a plan to support our chances of reconstruction.    The benefactors have probably agreed to the funding but are uncomfortable with it being conditional,   therefore at risk of being accused as a bribe,  etc.     It probably evolved into the benefactors adopting the view that the funding should be made unconditional and that it's worth doing as a catalyst to achieve other goals.

5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Then that would be strangs attached 

Edited by Hairdryer
Spelling

kingantti1874

This isn’t a criticism of our benefactors - what a gesture..

id absolutely be hanging conditions on it.. 😆 as well as reconstruction something like a guard on honour at every away game ..

If £1m was paid by Hearts philanthropists solely towards the teams below the Premier League, it would make a difference. If Rangers and Celtic matched it, it would probably fund all clubs enough to play behind closed doors until Christmas when, hopefully, they could get back to attended games. Job done. 

What’s the chances of them chipping in to help? No chance. They want to keep all money flowing to themselves even if the League below them collapses. 

I would have offered it 100% on condition of accepting the League reconstruction. 

On the bribe concerns, clubs were offered friendlies by the bigger clubs to vote their way. No challenge to that by Doncaster. 

whatever you call it, it’s survival for clubs who aren’t going to survive based on what’s currently on the table. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Are you pissed? 

Spellcheck screwing my post

if championship clubs or any other clubs can’t play next season there needs to be a reconstruction vote as all times are obliged to fulfil their fixtures. 

My question was I presume sportsound have explained that to the listeners?

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

This isn’t a criticism of our benefactors - what a gesture..

id absolutely be hanging conditions on it.. 😆 as well as reconstruction something like a guard on honour at every away game ..

For Ann. 

Ask all clubs to let us know how much they will need to compete next season.

Then tell them they're not getting it...sorry offer withdrawn, we're taking you to court.

Just now, Victorian said:

Budge has probably discussed the possibility of funding with the benefactors as part of a plan to support our chances of reconstruction.    The benefactors have probably agreed to the funding but are uncomfortable with it being conditional,   therefore at risk of being accused as a bribe,  etc.     It probably evolved into the benefactors adopting the view that the funding should be made unconditional and that it's worth doing as a catalyst to achieve other goals.

It’s a fantastic offer. The unfortunate thing is that the dolts that run the game can’t fathom out what’s in it for them. No doubt Lawell will be uneasy about it with these people being Hearts folk. He’ll be frightened of losing influence because of it even indirectly 

54 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Why the hell is she wasting her time attempting to help these ungrateful Hearts hating bitter scum? Her sole focus should be the care of Heart of Midlothian & nothing else. To think she's now actively attempting to financially assist those who so readily went out their way so destroy us makes me want to vomit. If their representative doesn't want to talk then fair enough, you had your chance & blew it, arseholes. 

Wanting to help the likes of Dundee & Hamilton. Just **** off eh.

agreed

Tennant's  6's
19 minutes ago, Barack said:

"We'll take your friends' cash, Ann. Thanks. Oh...we'll still vote you down though. Just so we're clear."

Potentially saving Scottish football, and that is exactly the mentality that will be prevelant.

Yep, that's what worries me.

It does stick in my craw listening to bawbags like miller or this peterhead tube waffling on when she's made it clear that she's trying to help Hearts, and Scottish football as a whole (unfortunately,  **** them)

Although Saughton Jambo seems pretty confident that we will be in the Premiership when the season starts, Budge mentioning that she's spoken to two QC's was good to hear. 

Sneckiejambo
55 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Why the hell is she wasting her time attempting to help these ungrateful Hearts hating bitter scum? Her sole focus should be the care of Heart of Midlothian & nothing else. To think she's now actively attempting to financially assist those who so readily went out their way so destroy us makes me want to vomit. If their representative doesn't want to talk then fair enough, you had your chance & blew it, arseholes. 

Totally agree, wasting her time. HHGH 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Horatio Caine

Bottom line here is, AB's friends are offering to literally save Scottish football.  Would remove the `existential threat` (thanks Mikey) to our national sport.  Far from acting selfishly, Hearts are acting as the agents, if you like, for salvation.  Repaying bitterness with kindness.  I hope it encourages a rethink in some quarters.

Just now, Deevers said:

It’s a fantastic offer. The unfortunate thing is that the dolts that run the game can’t fathom out what’s in it for them. No doubt Lawell will be uneasy about it with these people being Hearts folk. He’ll be frightened of losing influence because of it even indirectly 

It's an incredible offer and it's perhaps a worthwhile exercise to attempt to grease the machinery into action.    Like others,   I think it's more likely they'll all grab the cash and do nothing whatsoever to support our aims.    They'll do it with a straight face and wont think twice about it.

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Spellcheck screwing my post

if championship clubs or any other clubs can’t play next season there needs to be a reconstruction vote as all times are obliged to fulfil their fixtures. 

My question was I presume sportsound have explained that to the listeners?

To be honest I was going to use it as justification to get wired in about the wine. 

Due to the tribal nature of football the listeners will hear what they want to hear. 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Bottom line here is, AB's friends are offering to literally save Scottish football.  Would remove the `existential threat` (thanks Mikey) to our national sport.  Far from acting selfishly, Hearts are acting as the agents, if you like, for salvation.  Repaying bitterness with kindness.  I hope it encourages a rethink in some quarters.

It's also a clever move as it makes others look pretty poorly, Hearts and Ann are doing everything to help Scottish football but others are more interested in what's in it for them and kicking Hearts when we done for little reason except because they can. Not a good look at all 

Just now, Victorian said:

It's an incredible offer and it's perhaps a worthwhile exercise to attempt to grease the machinery into action.    Like others,   I think it's more likely they'll all grab the cash and do nothing whatsoever to support our aims.    They'll do it with a straight face and wont think twice about it.

It’s the way I see things. The game here generally is in the hands of pea brains. I still think it will take litigation to be initiated before the cretins that run most of these clubs especially in the lower divisions will waken up. My only worry is that if the benefactors money is distributed it would make these idiots less likely to worry about the courts

Still too nicey nicey for me!!

we have been ripped into at every quarter by chairmen and managers Also ex players  of plenty of These teams!!

give them absolutely feck all.

6 minutes ago, Deevers said:

It’s the way I see things. The game here generally is in the hands of pea brains. I still think it will take litigation to be initiated before the cretins that run most of these clubs especially in the lower divisions will waken up. My only worry is that if the benefactors money is distributed it would make these idiots less likely to worry about the courts

I suppose it could be good optics for us,   in the event of legal action.    It might be more difficult to accuse us of damaging other clubs via legal action if,   at the sane time,   they're getting funding,   not directly from us of course,   but certainly related to our contacts.

The narrative will be manipulated of course.    People would swiftly separate us away from the benefactors' money.    It would be massaged that this funding would have surfaced without any input by us.     

Edited by Victorian

Seymour M Hersh

The very odd person who is the Peterheed chairman confused me when he was asked what it cost to put a game on and said £20k is he really expecting us to believe it costs them just under £400k to put on their league games?  I felt he was talking about the gross profit per game not the basic running costs. 

Tennant's  6's
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Exactly. 

She seems to be working for the betterment of the whole of Scottish fitba,  focus on Hearts only, we've been beaten from piller to post from most stakeholders in the game throughout all of this .

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I suppose it could be good optics for us,   in the event of legal action.    It might be more difficult to accuse us of damaging other clubs via legal action if,   at the sane time,   they're getting funding,   not directly from us of course,   but certainly related to our contacts.

The narrative will be manipulated of course.    People would swiftly separate us away from the benefactors' money.    It would be massaged that this funding would have surfaced without any input by us.     

That's being generous it'll be bent out of all recognition. 

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

This.

She has gave them far too many chances.

Every other club is only interested in themselves, why are we continuing to be nice and get slapped in the puss eveytime.

Because it will benefit us when this goes to court. I didn't hear today's interview, but had read that HMFC had offered other clubs the opportunity to use our facilities for Covid-19 tests, with no strings attached, i.e. but only if you do this or that. Everything we are saying or doing is beneficial when this gets to court, because nothing can then be used against us. If the other clubs don't want to make use of the offer then fair enough, that is their choice.

One thing is we shouldn't have to even make this offer, it is something the football authorities should have put in place. But that in itself would create the idea that they were interested in the whole of Scottish football rather than 1 or 2 clubs. The time to only think about HMFC is in court, then it doesn't matter a jot what happens to individuals or other clubs. But to continue to act as we are is the best way to approach this, much more influential than just throwing the toys out at the 1st opportunity.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Tennant's  6's
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

The girlie giggler is a twat. 

:spoton:

Only cosgrove gets me as annoyed as him. 

31 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Its true why are we trying to save clubs that are trying to screw us over?

Will do our court case no harm. We have bent over backwards to be fair, even handed and now magnanimous by offering to help clubs survive.

Judge will recognise who the good guys are when trebling our compensation award.

Tennant's  6's
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Because it will benefit us when this goes to court. I didn't hear today's interview, but had read that HMFC had offered other clubs the opportunity to use our facilities for Covid-19 tests, with no strings attached, i.e. but only if you do this or that. Everything we are saying or doing is beneficial when this gets to court, because nothing can then be used against us. If the other clubs don't want to make use of the offer then fair enough, that is their choice.

One thing is we shouldn't have to even make this offer, it is something the football authorities should have put in place. But that in itself would create the idea that they weren't interested in the whole of Scottish football rather than 1 or 2 clubs. The time to only think about HMFC is in court, then it doesn't matter a jot what happens to individuals or other clubs. But to continue to act as we are is the best way to approach this, much more influential than just throwing the toys out at the 1st opportunity.

You've got a more measured & mature take on it than me.. 

You may well be right, but it is bloody annoying hearing about this no strings attached help to other clubs, who, like a lot of 'pundits' still seem determined to put the boot into our club, whether it be vitriol or sniggering at us..

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Richard Gordon is a massive wankstain. My god I hate that guy.

I don’t think Budge can propose much more. If this doesn’t work then it’s either court or nothing. Scottish football really does need exterminated though. So tin pot it’s untrue

portobellojambo1
3 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

You've got a more measured & mature take on it than me.. 

You may well be right, but it is bloody annoying hearing about this no strings attached help to other clubs, who, like a lot of 'pundits' still seem determined to put the boot into our club, whether it be vitriol or sniggering at us..

They "are shit scared this goes to court". They are playing to the audience who normally listen to the bullshit they generate.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Richard Gordon is a massive wankstain. My god I hate that guy.

I don’t think Budge can propose much more. If this doesn’t work then it’s either court or nothing. Scottish football really does need exterminated though. So tin pot it’s untrue

Every time he opens his mouth about us it’s loaded with sarcasm. A total tit of a man.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

There’s no way this money should have no strings attached. Why the **** should it be Budge’s job to dig up money for this shite collection of leagues?

I’m now firmly at the point of wanting us to accept expulsion, seek compensation and absolutely provide no support for anyone else. I’m also at the point of wanting to see plenty of other clubs go bust. ****ing rats.

johnthomas
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Genuinely hope Richard Gordon gets syphilis. 

That would involve someone having sex with him

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There’s no way this money should have no strings attached. Why the **** should it be Budge’s job to dig up money for this shite collection of leagues?

I’m now firmly at the point of wanting us to accept expulsion, seek compensation and absolutely provide no support for anyone else. I’m also at the point of wanting to see plenty of other clubs go bust. ****ing rats.

It's not our money.   We have no idea what the benefactors' would think about it being conditional.     

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, rory78 said:

Its absurd he'll be sitting watching Netflix while letting Anne run about doing his job - im glad she highlighted her frustrations at lack of action being done at SPFL during this crisis 

Indeed, it was good she put that into the public domain what we’ve been saying. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's not our money.   We have no idea what the benefactors' would think about it being conditional.     

It’s money being sourced by us though - it’s our benefactors offering cash to loads of scab clubs (something the SPFL itself hasn’t been able to muster).

I understand why reconstruction was left to us - we’re one of the few clubs who are interested In it. But the health of the competition is going to saved via cash sourced not by the SPFL but by an individual club. Really? It’s utterly ludicrous 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s money being sourced by us though - it’s our benefactors offering cash to loads of scab clubs (something the SPFL itself hasn’t been able to muster).

I understand why reconstruction was left to us - we’re one of the few clubs who are interested In it. But the health of the competition is going to saved via cash sourced not by the SPFL but by an individual club. Really? It’s utterly ludicrous 

I know.   I share the same concern.    We could end up looking like the biggest mugs imagineable.    A real world laughing stock.

But we simply do not know the nature of the Budge - Hearts - benefactor gig.    We can only see how it impacts on events.

59 minutes ago, frankblack said:

There are far bigger junior clubs than a lot of the shite in the bottom two SPFL leagues who attract low double trebble digit crowds.

They want to remain Junior, much of them. 

25 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Will do our court case no harm. We have bent over backwards to be fair, even handed and now magnanimous by offering to help clubs survive.

Judge will recognise who the good guys are when trebling our compensation award.

Good point mate

Not heard the interview, but sounds like there are some strings attached from what I read on here.   

Nothing wrong in that.  There damn well should be. 

3 minutes ago, Paolo said:

They want to remain Junior, much of them. 

They don't, the majority have joined the east of Scotland and lowland leagues in the past 3 seasons. About 60 clubs in the West have done so this year , before covid.

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Bunch of rats at SPFL **** knows how one of their members at Brechin aim to survive without Annes intervention (unless Lawwell is helping) bunch of ****ing crooks

johnthomas
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes , always felt she had no choice but she has , again , quietly put the SPFL in their place 

Obviously her way of putting people down is not very popular on here .

Personally think it's incredibly effective

Tennant's  6's
46 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Ask all clubs to let us know how much they will need to compete next season.

Then tell them they're not getting it...sorry offer withdrawn, we're taking you to court.

Haha, trolled to perfection!..

Unfortunately it ain't gonna happen, would be glorious though..

BelgeJambo
2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Hearts owner saves Scottish football. 

:verysmug:

Not something you’re likely to see as a headline in Scotland

BelgeJambo
33 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

That wank wears a feckin pinafore dress and knee length socks.

:oohmatron: