• Tennant's  6's

• Deevers

• rory78

Stuart Cosgrove once more knocking Ann

Telling us he thinks her story is nonsense re any philanthropist even existing

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Staggering.    A highly intelligent guy as well.     

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Staggering.    A highly intelligent guy as well.     

I used to think that as well.

gorgie rd eh11
3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

He's a ******* hypocrite. Bangs on about the smaller clubs place in Scottish football but is quite happy that now the top twelve have their way they're not giving a **** about the wee teams.

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

So to reword that, presenter on national publicly funded radio station calls respected business owner and club chairperson a liar. 
Now imagine if it was Celtic’s chairman had brought the offer to the table. 

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

He really does write in crayon.....why is everyone on BBC sport middle aged (speaking as a middle aged person!!) I'd love to hear new opinions and attitudes, not the bitter shite trotted out every weekend by dinosaurs

Tennant's  6's
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Spellcheck screwing my post

if championship clubs or any other clubs can’t play next season there needs to be a reconstruction vote as all times are obliged to fulfil their fixtures. 

My question was I presume sportsound have explained that to the listeners?

I think that Allan Preston might touched on that, ie find out who can play from the presumed start date in August and see if you've got enough for only a Premiership or a Championship also (unlikely)

Just now, Horatio Caine said:

I used to think that as well.

He is.    But I think he's got a serious issue with Hearts for some reason.

Tennant's  6's
9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

He really seems to have an axe to grind against Hearts..

bajthejambo

So we're willing to arrange financial aid for the organisation that has cast aside without a second thought for our own financial future? Imagine the spin that would be put on that if it was certain other clubs in the league? 

Anne Budge is still criticized regardless. The state of the media here is laughable.

Dave McCreery's knee
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

So to reword that, presenter on national publicly funded radio station calls respected business owner and club chairperson a liar. 
Now imagine if it was Celtic’s chairman had brought the offer to the table. 

I thought that was staggering. Either calling her a liar or senile. Then went on to wax lyrical about St Johnstone’s outreach to the community. He’s become unlistenable. 
the prejudice against Budge is extraordinary. 

The thing I took from today's show was that everyone was falling over each other regarding the 1st August start date. However very little, or no mention of the impact that the legal action by Hearts would have on any start actually happening!
It seems like everything is swept under the carpet as we all want to believe that football is about to kick off again. The big story today about "our" philanthropists saving Scottish football actually pails into insignificance if Hearts have to go to court.

11 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

He's just done it again..he truly is an idiot on this topic

HE EITHER DOES NOT REALISE THERE HAVE BEEN PEOPLE CONTRIBUTING ALREADY OR HE DOES AND DOES'NT CARE WHAT HE SAYS GIVEN HIS FEELINGS TOWARDS US

Edited by CJGJ

Tennant's  6's

Stop listening CJGJ and go and have a cold beer !

He's an annoying pernicious twat who thinks he's some kind of superior mind, from a scheme no less.. 

Roxy Hearts
18 minutes ago, gedster said:

He really does write in crayon.....why is everyone on BBC sport middle aged (speaking as a middle aged person!!) I'd love to hear new opinions and attitudes, not the bitter shite trotted out every weekend by dinosaurs

This for me. I don't listen to their pish and the BBC, as we know are doing Scotland a disservice to undermine our confidence. Their lackies are paid to cause consternation! I'm not paranoid just pragmatic. 

Tennant's  6's
22 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

So we're willing to arrange financial aid for the organisation that has cast aside without a second thought for our own financial future? Imagine the spin that would be put on that if it was certain other clubs in the league? 

Anne Budge is still criticized regardless. The state of the media here is laughable.

And the state of the vitriol aimed at her & our club is ridiculous, totally unwarranted. 

Hence most fans wanting this to go to court and burn the whole thing down 

The press will be doing their utmost to find out who these people are with all the money.

i don’t think they’ll stay anonymous too much longer tbh.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Sid said:

If £1m was paid by Hearts philanthropists solely towards the teams below the Premier League, it would make a difference. If Rangers and Celtic matched it, it would probably fund all clubs enough to play behind closed doors until Christmas when, hopefully, they could get back to attended games. Job done. 

What’s the chances of them chipping in to help? No chance. They want to keep all money flowing to themselves even if the League below them collapses. 

I would have offered it 100% on condition of accepting the League reconstruction. 

On the bribe concerns, clubs were offered friendlies by the bigger clubs to vote their way. No challenge to that by Doncaster. 

whatever you call it, it’s survival for clubs who aren’t going to survive based on what’s currently on the table. 

Great post !     If Celtic had any morals, they could easily afford to  chuck half their prize money for "winning" the Premiership title at a fund to help struggling clubs survive.  Apparently they've aren't - which speaks volumes about their morals.

Tennant's  6's
6 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

The press will be doing their utmost to find out who these people are with all the money.

That thought did cross my mind as well. Although given the standard of msm these days, they should be safe.

As long as it doesn't put them up contributing to Hearts 

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

One thing is we shouldn't have to even make this offer

That these persons chose to go to Ann and not the SPFL board should be the final nail in that organisation.

colinmaroon

Considering the BBCgot their knickers in a twist about impartiality with Emily Maitlis, it seems ironic that BBC Scotland Sport flout their impartiality like a long playing record, week after week after week. 

Edited by colinmaroon

1 hour ago, Sid said:

If £1m was paid by Hearts philanthropists solely towards the teams below the Premier League, it would make a difference. If Rangers and Celtic matched it, it would probably fund all clubs enough to play behind closed doors until Christmas when, hopefully, they could get back to attended games. Job done. 

What’s the chances of them chipping in to help? No chance. They want to keep all money flowing to themselves even if the League below them collapses. 

I would have offered it 100% on condition of accepting the League reconstruction. 

On the bribe concerns, clubs were offered friendlies by the bigger clubs to vote their way. No challenge to that by Doncaster. 

whatever you call it, it’s survival for clubs who aren’t going to survive based on what’s currently on the table. 

A million pounds ££s split between 28 clubs does not give each club a lot of money, just over £35,000 each. Or over 6 months that’s about £1,400 per week.

I’d be surprised if that even covered the club with the smallest budget for playing behind closed doors!

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

A million pounds ££s split between 28 clubs does not give each club a lot of money, just over £35,000 each. Or over 6 months that’s about £1,400 per week.

I’d be surprised if that even covered the club with the smallest budget for playing behind closed doors!

As the man said though, if the OF match it, 100k goes a long way 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

Yes , always felt she had no choice but she has , again , quietly put the SPFL in their place 

Obviously her way of putting people down is not very popular on here .

Personally think it's incredibly effective

She has a quiet way of doing it, I think Levein being allowed Carte Blanche and getting it wrong is why folk think that, rightly or wrongly.

23 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

You don’t think when they offered the money they might have thought of that prospect? 

Japan Jambo
4 hours ago, JAMBONI said:

I thought celtic drew up the fixture list then sent it to the SPFL to be issued. 

Why not just award them next season now, re-instate Hearts and relegate Hamilton? Absolutely farcical...

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Yup he been quite blatant about that in the last few weeks.

28 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

That thought did cross my mind as well. Although given the standard of msm these days, they should be safe.

As long as it doesn't put them up contributing to Hearts 

That’s my fear 

12 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You don’t think when they offered the money they might have thought of that prospect? 

Possibly but who knows.

Lone Striker
38 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Do we have any evidence that today's football philanthropists and our benefactors are the same person(people) ?  Actual real  evidence ?

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Not something you’re likely to see as a headline in Scotland

1915,Hearts,the team that saved football, its happened before. 

21 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

As the man said though, if the OF match it, 100k goes a long way 

£3,800 per week per club over 6 months ..... tbh can’t see how that would cover the cost of playing one game behind closed doors

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

£3,800 per week per club over 6 months ..... tbh can’t see how that would cover the cost of playing one game behind closed doors

At 15 quid a pop it's equivalent to a L1 or 2 gate takings though

colinmaroon

The money should be given on the basis that it is earmarked for Covid 19 testing.  Stops the likes of Elgin chairman "using" it to pay the "electricity" bill or whatever. Remember, this was one of the main reasons given for saying they couldn't afford to play behind closed doors.

TyphoonJambo
Just now, colinmaroon said:

The money should be given on the basis that it is earmarked for Covid 19 testing.  Stops the likes of Elgin chairman "using" it to pay the "electricity" bill or whatever. Remember, this was one of the main reasons given for saying they couldn't afford to play behind closed doors.

They've got leckie in Elgin? Whatever next. They'll be marrying outside they're immediate family next, poor quinies. 

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

At 15 quid a pop it's equivalent to a L1 or 2 gate takings though

254 people paying £15 - Partick Thistle, Raith Rovers, Falkirk et al would find it hard to survive on that!

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

254 people paying £15 - Partick Thistle, Raith Rovers, Falkirk et al would find it hard to survive on that!

Peterhead dick on radio seemed to think 20k a month would be enough

22 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Do we have any evidence that today's football philanthropists and our benefactors are the same person(people) ?  Actual real  evidence ?

No we don’t, do we have any real evidence they are not?

TyphoonJambo
12 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Peterhead dick on radio seemed to think 20k a month would be enough

20k a week would buy peterheed, apart from the jail obviously. The drug traffic going through there probably shames your average columbian entrapeneur.. 

1 hour ago, bajthejambo said:

Correct. It is utterly bizarre. 

AB is trying to do the right thing but maybe it’s time to change course and sod them all.

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Wish Mrs Budge would just put her Hearts hat on and bugger the rest of them ! Let whoever can't survive go to the wall on keep any monies for Hearts 

I thought it would be interesting to see public pressure on the SPFL if or when clubs start going to the wall.  Their supporters would be entitled to know why financial assistance facilitated by Hearts was not progressed.

I then realised that these supporters mean nothing to the SPFL.  They support the wrong clubs.

Tennant's  6's
30 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Yeah, that was in her 'paper ' at the start of the wk, that Hearts had facilities & the financial backing to help with Covid19 testing. 

It should ONLY be for that,  not free money to buy players or crap like that. 

Good point that I'd forgotten in my initial annoyance at her interview today,  or more that some of these scumbags would benefit from it.

1 hour ago, Dave McCreery's knee said:

I thought that was staggering. Either calling her a liar or senile. Then went on to wax lyrical about St Johnstone’s outreach to the community. He’s become unlistenable. 
the prejudice against Budge is extraordinary. 

Off the Ball stopped being relevant about 10 years ago. They're like a version of the hopeless only an excuse on the radio now.

A View From The Terrace has left ghrm for dead.

Guest ToqueJambo

I like to think our benefactor is a guy who won the lottery and didn't tell his wife. Now he's just spending it on whatever he wants in secret. 

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

The man is absolute bomb scare of an individual who thinks he’s intelligent, but is clearly lacking something in the grey area.

Empty vessels make the most noise, could have been phrased from listening to him. 
If I had to choose between him and Ann Budge, for someone to trust and have integrity, it certainly wouldn’t be him.
For him to suggest than Ann Budge is lying, is just another cowardly dig at the only person who seems to worry about the wilderness  Scottish football is drifting towards.

I wonder if this help from the benefactors materialises, he will be man enough to apologise to her. It’s this kind of crap from the likes of him and some of the tinpot chairmen, that is likely to have the offer of financial help withdrawn. 
Ungrateful and ignorant idiots.

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

That’s because he is a complete tosser.

Edited by Deevers

Guest ToqueJambo

Didn't some guy give money to Scottish football with no strings attached as part of the whole staying at Hampden thing? A couple of million in cash I think it was?

But now it's a bad thing or even an unbelievable thing.

What's wrong with our media and pundits. They continually resort to snap judgements  and hyperbole instead of thinking about the issues. And they are wrong an incredibly high percentage of the time. The brass neck on most of them!

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Didn't some guy give money to Scottish football with no strings attached as part of the whole staying at Hampden thing? A couple of million in cash I think it was?

But now it's a bad thing or even an unbelievable thing.

What's wrong with our media and pundits. They continually resort to snap judgements  and hyperbole instead of thinking about the issues.

Correct 

Good point

I posted on the other thread that we can expect Celtic people to come in with money now as well