AB interview

Horatio Caine

Sawdust Caesar

Tom English. on today's Sportsound podcast, had a wee go at Stuart Cosgrove's comment about a benefactor wanting to help Scottish football as "nonsense". He's had a go at other media as well calling it knee-jerk ignorance. Good man.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Tennant's  6's

• Deevers

• rory78

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

Why don't you **** off to The Shed and start a thread about your favourite cheesecake topping or something, you slavering ringpiece. 

:berra:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
22 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

Tom English. on today's Sportsound podcast, had a wee go at Stuart Cosgrove's comment about a benefactor wanting to help Scottish football as "nonsense". He's had a go at other media as well calling it knee-jerk ignorance. Good man.

I like that English is on our side but he had an absolute mare over the Huns’ dossier.

On 01/06/2020 at 20:16, Sid said:

Not meaning to be argumentative but Anonymous (not anymore) benefactor pays £1m, Rangers pay £1m, Celtic pay £1m, that’s three times the amount that you have quoted til end of year. It’s slightly less than 6 months so call that £5k pw. Albion Rovers average attendance is 300. There are only 4 clubs who’s average is over 3k. 
paying £5k pw would make all the difference. Clubs are saying they can’t survive playing closed door games as the majority of their revenue is derived from match day tickets and season tickets. They are not saying all of it is driven from this source. They will still sell some shirts and other merchandise sales. Will still get some team sponsorship. A number of clubs have player sponsorship. (All will be down but will still receive some). The larger ones will have Corporate facilities for private functions. 
Think I’ve made my point. It can be a life-saver for a significant number of lower league clubs. 

Dear Sid - your post is so polite and honest I commend you for it!

You are a role model on ‘how to post nicely’!!

Because of this (above) I won’t point out the flaws in you argument!

Best Wishes J-F

Hearts_fan
On 30/05/2020 at 15:15, Space Pirate said:

Apparently roughly the same as the president of the United States 🤣

That comparison makes Dungcaster look like good value. 

Hearts_fan
On 02/06/2020 at 16:50, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I like that English is on our side but he had an absolute mare over the Huns’ dossier.

How did he? I don’t recall thinking that.

Edited by Hearts_fan

Hearts_fan

I think we’ll find there are conditions attached to this money, and I’d hope that Hearts’ rightful existence as a Premiership Club is one of them. Otherwise, Anderson could have simply given £60,000 to each of the 30 lower division clubs directly.

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

I think we’ll find there are conditions attached to this money, and I’d hope that Hearts’ rightful existence as a Premiership Club is one of them. Otherwise, Anderson could have simply given £60,000 to each of the 30 lower division clubs directly.

My take...

The SPFL are already shitting it off our court action, wondering how much it'll cost to defend, whether Hearts can afford it, will it just go away etc.

Along comes the good gentleman to say "don't you worry lads, Hearts are safe for the next 5 years with my backing. Oh, by the way SPFL, in case you were wondering who can afford what, here's 2 million to split between the clubs that I can piss away with no expectation of a return. Let's call it a gift."

Thats a pretty powerful message IMO.