AB interview

Horatio Caine

44 minutes ago, Deevers said:

If I was one of these philanthropists having watched how this has played out there is no way that I would allow anyone other than Ann Budge to have control of the money. 

If I was one of them and having heard what people are saying about it all I’d be telling them to feck off as the offer is now withdrawn!!! 

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Tennant's  6's

• Deevers

• rory78

highlandjambo3
47 minutes ago, Deevers said:

If I was one of these philanthropists having watched how this has played out there is no way that I would allow anyone other than Ann Budge to have control of the money. 

Please please make this happen 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Please please make this happen 

My take too. “Well lads there was £Xm of no strings investment available and you blew it. So we’ll just take it.”

10 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

If I was one of them and having heard what people are saying about it all I’d be telling them to feck off as the offer is now withdrawn!!! 

yep, i would have a statement released detailing the scorn and joking from the media and lack of professionalism from doncaster were the reasons

Tennant's  6's
24 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Yep, I've listened to the interview again and she doesn't say 'no strings attached ' and she does specify lower division clubs., it was Brian McLaughlin understanding that there were ' no conditions attached to Hearts not being relegated '..

I'd hope & assume that there were some conditions attached to helping out some of these vile clubs

WorldChampions1902
1 minute ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Yep, I've listened to the interview again and she doesn't say 'no strings attached ' and she does specify lower division clubs., it was Brian McLaughlin understanding that there were ' no conditions attached to Hearts not being relegated '..

I'd hope & assume that there were some conditions attached to helping out some of these vile clubs

So If I have read the runes correctly, we potentially have some Premier Clubs angling for the philanthropists cash, when that was never the intention. To compound matters, Doncaster has jumped on the "no strings" statement from the mouths of the BBC (not Ann) and is suddenly keen to explore this further, when he wasn't last week.

All of this points to an attempt to hijack the funds. So if/when the benefactors say "no money for the Premier", will the SPFL decline acceptance for the lower leagues?? I wouldn't put it past them and they will justify their decision on the basis of there being "strings attached".

It's going to get interesting.

Listening to sportsound earlier im not sure some SPFL clubs will be able to afford the amount due for regular checks and tests - talking £2000 a week but if you've got more than 1 game that week its obviously double,don't see teams like St Johnsone St Mirren Hamilton and Motherwell etc jumping about wanting to get next season up and running asap in the papers each day unlike the manky mob from East Glasgow (those clubs also rely heavily on away fans that won't be in attendance for majority or all next season)

Edited by rory78

henryheart

My interpretation is based on the benefactor(s) being first and foremost Hearts people. I have read the position as being in the event of expulsion from the SPFL it is vital that we have a competition that will enable us to get back to where we should be for 2021-22. Rather than clubs falling by the wayside and the Championship being shortened or not run at all, the money is there to assist Championship and lower league clubs to be able to play. Nothing more, nothing less.

Doncaster requesting the offer in writing is unbelievable. If I was a benefactor the sheer ignorance of this approach would make me walk away. No wonder the league has no sponsor if this is his way of working.  He should be contacting Budge directly,  not through a public medium, and it is up to him to do the chasing and all the legwork. Anything less and he is not doing his job properly. Does he not stop to think who exactly is doing who a favour?      

On 30/05/2020 at 19:22, Jambo-Fox said:

A million pounds ££s split between 28 clubs does not give each club a lot of money, just over £35,000 each. Or over 6 months that’s about £1,400 per week.

I’d be surprised if that even covered the club with the smallest budget for playing behind closed doors!

That’s what I said. If Rangers and Celtic  matched it, that’s £3m. I said up until Christmas when hopefully fans will be allowed back. Not saying it would pay anywhere near as much as they would normally pull in but it almost certainly would keep nearly all of them afloat. 
We are in a world where it’s not currently about making profit. It’s all about surviving and I believe, in absence of the League stepping in, this would make a real difference. 

36 minutes ago, Sid said:

That’s what I said. If Rangers and Celtic  matched it, that’s £3m. I said up until Christmas when hopefully fans will be allowed back. Not saying it would pay anywhere near as much as they would normally pull in but it almost certainly would keep nearly all of them afloat. 
We are in a world where it’s not currently about making profit. It’s all about surviving and I believe, in absence of the League stepping in, this would make a real difference. 

Sid if you could run a football club playing behind closed doors for £1,400 per week (2/3 of the money from Rantic) over 6 months from July to December you would be a miracle worker!

I just don’t see how it’s financially possible. 
However I’m open minded, I might be wrong and I‘m willing to be convinced!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

My understanding of the philanthropists offer is that it is to help lower league clubs, survive. 

Now whether that is to allow some of them to fund testing for their players so they can play behind closed doors or to help them pay the electricity bill if they mothball or some other funding need is to an extent immaterial. 

The problem is nobody is saying what they currently could do and what they would need to start playing or mothball or anything else. 

13 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

well said. Couldn’t agree more. 

what I don’t get also is these benefactors who have put in millions to us, are now wanting to put millions in to save the game to these rat clubs with no strings attached, yet Ann saying we will go down the legal route (effectively could stall / hurt the Scottish game). 
maybe just me but it’s a bit confusing

The benefactors money is to help lower league clubs I believe. 

So if that helps enough clubs to survive to form a second tier it gives us somewhere to play if the legal action succeeds only in gaining us compensation. 

I wouldn't see the point in Ann acting go between if the cash was used to strengthen Premier teams who should be able to look after themselves. 

She did make the point that the benefactors had stated it was to help lower league teams. 

Another thing if Hearts win compensation it will be difficult for our enemies to claim we are ruining Scottish football when our owner has helped lower league football to survive in some kind of form. 

It's important to pay attention to what ANN said rather than media men and SPFL officials. 

44 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

My understanding of the philanthropists offer is that it is to help lower league clubs, survive. 

Now whether that is to allow some of them to fund testing for their players so they can play behind closed doors or to help them pay the electricity bill if they mothball or some other funding need is to an extent immaterial. 

The problem is nobody is saying what they currently could do and what they would need to start playing or mothball or anything else. 

Your final statement is the crux of the matter, no-one wants to front-up. Doncaster should be demanding a status report from all clubs but he appears to be content hiding in the shadows doing celtics bidding. What I can't understand is why the clubs continue to put up with this incompetent idiot (and his fellow incompetents at hampden).

feedtheroman2

Anyway, there's more important things needing sorted!

Celtic want their fixture list agreed....

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, rory78 said:

Listening to sportsound earlier im not sure some SPFL clubs will be able to afford the amount due for regular checks and tests - talking £2000 a week but if you've got more than 1 game that week its obviously double,don't see teams like St Johnsone St Mirren Hamilton and Motherwell etc jumping about wanting to get next season up and running asap in the papers each day unlike the manky mob from East Glasgow (those clubs also rely heavily on away fans that won't be in attendance for majority or all next season)

Ironically for a team like Hamilton or St Mirren, getting demoted instead of us, taking the 300K parachute payment and maybe playing a cut down league or no league for a while might actually have seen them take less of a financial hit. Funding testing with no crowds may hurt them more than demotion would have. Oh well.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Scunnered One
11 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

I thought so as well. It's clear that she has exhausted all possible avenues. Interestingly, if she has the council of two QC's who have no doubt advised her that she has a legitimate case for legal action, or why else mention it? This is the approach she should be taking, straight for the jugular.

I'm not buying into her trying to save Scottish football when it seems obvious that most want to self destruct. Her focus should be nothing more than Hearts. She might not look and sound so tired if that was her sole goal from the start. 

What are we all to think come the 13th June when 12 clubs, excluding Hearts can return to training with a view to playing on the 1st August . The reality being that we might not even have a competitive game this year?. One of the best stadiums, 3rd largest support in the country, best training, medical facilities and we can't get back to playing football, because of the "up yours" attitude adopted by some clubs. 

Ann, save your health and energy. Stop being a martyr to these numpties. It's legal action and nothing else.....Press the button, stop the 1st August start.   

This is a top post in this thread. Well said as it's bang-on my thoughts.

I would add that every other club is looking at self-interest and it's clear that it's never going to be 'like it was' and we're on our own. I've got a nasty gut feeling that legal action might not see much reward rather than a paltry out of court settlement.

This has been discussed to death, though.

12 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

I thought so as well. It's clear that she has exhausted all possible avenues. Interestingly, if she has the council of two QC's who have no doubt advised her that she has a legitimate case for legal action, or why else mention it? This is the approach she should be taking, straight for the jugular.

I'm not buying into her trying to save Scottish football when it seems obvious that most want to self destruct. Her focus should be nothing more than Hearts. She might not look and sound so tired if that was her sole goal from the start. 

What are we all to think come the 13th June when 12 clubs, excluding Hearts can return to training with a view to playing on the 1st August . The reality being that we might not even have a competitive game this year?. One of the best stadiums, 3rd largest support in the country, best training, medical facilities and we can't get back to playing football, because of the "up yours" attitude adopted by some clubs. 

Ann, save your health and energy. Stop being a martyr to these numpties. It's legal action and nothing else.....Press the button, stop the 1st August start.   

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻
v much this

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻

Unknown user
On 30/05/2020 at 13:39, JamboGraham said:

‘Celtic have urged the SPFL to issue the fixture calendar for the new season "as soon as possible".’

Why? In a normal year with zero variables the fixtures come out at the end of the 3rd week in June?

Usual Celtic nonsense, or a part of a strategy to allow the SPFL to respond with “Can’t, don’t know structure, don’t know dates, don’t know clubs, etc.”? Part of the effort to focus the minds of voting clubs?

I am probably reading way more into this than I really should...

I'm guessing that a fixture list triggers action from sky re choosing televised fixtures, thus cementing the new season so there's theoretically no legal reason to stop the new season's payments being made.

Agentjambo
7 minutes ago, Glottis said:

I'd imagine Celtic are also looking to get a spare week so they can setup a glamour friendly

Against Dundee.

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

The benefactors money is to help lower league clubs I believe. 

So if that helps enough clubs to survive to form a second tier it gives us somewhere to play if the legal action succeeds only in gaining us compensation. 

I wouldn't see the point in Ann acting go between if the cash was used to strengthen Premier teams who should be able to look after themselves. 

She did make the point that the benefactors had stated it was to help lower league teams. 

Another thing if Hearts win compensation it will be difficult for our enemies to claim we are ruining Scottish football when our owner has helped lower league football to survive in some kind of form. 

It's important to pay attention to what ANN said rather than media men and SPFL officials. 

cheers. Makes sense

I hope the absolute welt that is ND meets with the "Potential investors" and they give him the whole "This is what you could of had" if you hadn't shafted HMFC and invest more cash in us to come back even stronger!!

I'm not normally the type to support protests etc but the way he have been treated by certain clubs i do hope we the fans refuse to attend these clubs and donate the ticket price to the club instead. Many of the Championship clubs will be voting against reconstruction purely knowing that HMFC in the Championship will bring in the much needed revenue they need. **** them!! Its time for a strong siege mentality. Only HMFC matter from now. No more niceties no more trying to do whats good for everyone!!

Doctor FinnBarr
13 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

I hope the absolute welt that is ND meets with the "Potential investors" and they give him the whole "This is what you could of had" if you hadn't shafted HMFC and invest more cash in us to come back even stronger!!

I'm not normally the type to support protests etc but the way he have been treated by certain clubs i do hope we the fans refuse to attend these clubs and donate the ticket price to the club instead. Many of the Championship clubs will be voting against reconstruction purely knowing that HMFC in the Championship will bring in the much needed revenue they need. **** them!! Its time for a strong siege mentality. Only HMFC matter from now. No more niceties no more trying to do whats good for everyone!!

Think a lot us us plan that Mdoug

I hope these benefactors didn't make their money through some sort of Lithuanian pension fund scam.  My great friends on .net would go ballistic and Mr Gustas would be inundated with letters expressing outrage.  

jamb0_1874

It's in the daily record today,

James Anderson unmasked as Hearts' mystery SPFL investor who plans multi-million pound donation for Scottish football

John Findlay

Ms Budge,

If Neil Doncaster gives you the runaround today. Utter the four words he doesnt want to hear.

SEE YOU IN COURT.

It's probably been said on this thread but my honest feeling is that Scottish Football does not deserve this investment.  A comic book establishment full of bitter little clubs run by bitter little men.  Stuff them, let many of them fold.  They can be replaced in time by senior\junior clubs.  Let's keep the investments for ourselves if Scottish Football hates us so much.  

Edited by TexasAndy

pettigrewsstylist
16 hours ago, RENE said:

I think there will be a condition to this money and it will be that AB is in charge of distributing the cash.   That will really get up some people's noses.

OMG- I had not even considered any other option. Surely they wont just gift their hard earned to the incompetent, liberally truthed, charlatan!

If and when matters go to Court, one of the things that will be asked is, What were the alternative options to the decision made by the SPFL that would have provided sufficient income to protect clubs?  Followed by, Why was the SPFL decision the best decision in the interests of all clubs?

Whatever anyone may think of Ann Budge, she is not a stupid person.  Unlike some on here.

Noticed in Jackson's  opinion piece he says the philanthropists should  'insist' that Hearts do not play in Premiership as part of the 'no conditions' deal for the millions they are offering.  Eh Keith wouldn't that then be a condition?

Greedy Jambo
On 31/05/2020 at 15:05, Tazio said:

And once again it all comes back to the hidden reality that I’ve been banging on about. The SPFL don’t have a pot to piss in money wise. A situation that has come around as once again Mr £380k has failed miserably to find a sponsor for the league despite knowing for a very long time that one had to be found. Surely this represents what can only be described as gross incompetence yet it appears nobody can do anything about it. At the end of the day Doncaster is an employee but has created a situation where he manages himself, answerable to nobody. 

That sounds familiar. 

23 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Sid if you could run a football club playing behind closed doors for £1,400 per week (2/3 of the money from Rantic) over 6 months from July to December you would be a miracle worker!

I just don’t see how it’s financially possible. 
However I’m open minded, I might be wrong and I‘m willing to be convinced!

Not meaning to be argumentative but Anonymous (not anymore) benefactor pays £1m, Rangers pay £1m, Celtic pay £1m, that’s three times the amount that you have quoted til end of year. It’s slightly less than 6 months so call that £5k pw. Albion Rovers average attendance is 300. There are only 4 clubs who’s average is over 3k. 
paying £5k pw would make all the difference. Clubs are saying they can’t survive playing closed door games as the majority of their revenue is derived from match day tickets and season tickets. They are not saying all of it is driven from this source. They will still sell some shirts and other merchandise sales. Will still get some team sponsorship. A number of clubs have player sponsorship. (All will be down but will still receive some). The larger ones will have Corporate facilities for private functions. 
Think I’ve made my point. It can be a life-saver for a significant number of lower league clubs. 

Guest ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, RENE said:

Noticed in Jackson's  opinion piece he says the philanthropists should  'insist' that Hearts do not play in Premiership as part of the 'no conditions' deal for the millions they are offering.  Eh Keith wouldn't that then be a condition?

Man who can't spell howls at moon.

CavySlaveJambo
9 hours ago, RENE said:

Asking Hearts supposed “sponsor” to insist on Hearts not playing in the premiership. What planet does he live on? 

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 hour ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Asking Hearts supposed “sponsor” to insist on Hearts not playing in the premiership. What planet does he live on? 

Thick as pigshit doesn't even cover it (Jackson, not you for the avoidance of doubt).

Pull the plug and get to Court

😡😡😡

Boycott all away games when we ever get to attend games

🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

Edited by JAYEL

None of us is close to the action.  I think the strength of Hearts response will be directly related to how angry Ann and the board are with the way things have unfolded to date.

I don't get the impression that we are in any way resigned to a fate determined for us by the SPFL.  They will no doubt be concerned that unlike so many individuals and organisations these days, we have the financial means to take any action we deem appropriate.

Plenty more life in this.

Maroon 1874
On 01/06/2020 at 07:06, jamb0_1874 said:

It's in the daily record today,

James Anderson unmasked as Hearts' mystery SPFL investor who plans multi-million pound donation for Scottish football

People seemed to have missed this and there is also stuff on Lombardia Hearts …. according to that report Doncaster has already spoken to Mr Anderson …. I saw the DR report and now this, seems to me the hacks from the DR and the Sun have been scurrying around trying to expose the money, if this falls through because of exposure then they 100% deserve it and the enevitable collapse of Scottish football, they really are vile institutions!!

Edited by Maroon 1874

Maroon 1874
On 01/06/2020 at 08:49, TexasAndy said:

It's probably been said on this thread but my honest feeling is that Scottish Football does not deserve this investment.  A comic book establishment full of bitter little clubs run by bitter little men.  Stuff them, let many of them fold.  They can be replaced in time by senior\junior clubs.  Let's keep the investments for ourselves if Scottish Football hates us so much.  

100% totally agree with this, they deserve nothing!!

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Maroon 1874 said:

People seemed to have missed this and there is also stuff on Lombardia Hearts …. according to that report Doncaster has already spoken to Mr Anderson …. I saw the DR report and now this, seems to me the hacks from the DR and the Sun have been scurrying around trying to expose the money, if this falls through because of exposure then they 100% deserve it and the enevitable collapse of Scottish football, they really are vile institutions!!

I think you can guarantee that if this goes ahead doncaster and that  slimeball spfl chairman will claim they are the ones that "saved Scottish football" by securing this injection of cash

Maroon 1874
26 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I think you can guarantee that if this goes ahead doncaster and that  slimeball spfl chairman will claim they are the ones that "saved Scottish football" by securing this injection of cash

Absolutely and the scumbag press would back that up … I effin hate the lot of them

TheGoodLord

I’m still at a loss over this. Why would AB encourage one of our benefactors to divert significant investment into the hands of clubs who want to expel us from SPL? I thought clubs going into meltdown was in our favour instead this could help protect them. I know this doesn’t sound very charitable but gloves came off long time ago. After hearing these jakeballs from the likes Ayr and Peterhead spoutt their bile it would give me the seethe to think we were somehow complicit in helping them survive. 

Sorry if someone has already answered this I’m on a catch up.  

Edited by TheGoodLord

On 01/06/2020 at 11:05, RENE said:

He really is desperate to see us in the Championship. Absolute walloper.

Weakened Offender
On 30/05/2020 at 20:18, Space Pirate said:

Just a bad season is it? 

ok. 

No point arguing with you. 

Why don't you **** off to The Shed and start a thread about your favourite cheesecake topping or something, you slavering ringpiece. 

Why has Doncaster asked all the Premiership clubs to email him by Friday with their views on reconstruction?

I presume that if more than one club object then they will not bother to have the full vote? or have I got this wrong?

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Why has Doncaster asked all the Premiership clubs to email him by Friday with their views on reconstruction?

I presume that if more than one club object then they will not bother to have the full vote? or have I got this wrong?

It's to pretend that they are actually going through the correct process rather than just doing what Liewell tells him to

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

It's to pretend that they are actually going through the correct process rather than just doing what Liewell tells him to

Ably assisted by McLennan.