• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

R Rate is 1.7.

Didn't realise it was as high as that hence why I said:

'I am also pretty sure the R rate has now gone past 1 rendering his article useless / unreliable'

Where are the figures / stats that indicate it is 1.7? would like to take a look at that as I'm a bit of a statistical nerd

Edited by jambo89

30 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No, you should read up on the subject then form an opinion

But surely it's much easier just to make up your own "facts" and then base your whole argument on those facts? It saves faffing around looking things up.

Edited by redjambo

Just now, redjambo said:

But surely it's much easier just to make up your own "facts" and the base your whole argument on those facts? It saves faffing around looking things up.

The modern way. 

19 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

You can't just go on the app and say you've tested positive when you haven't :lol: 

Why not? We should have the right to do so! Those doctors and scientists thinking they know better than us when in fact they know nothing!

:wink:

1 minute ago, jambo89 said:

He certainly does. 

I realised I hadn't posted a link above

https://lockdownsceptics.org/addressing-the-cv19-second-wave/

Is easy enough to read and is free so fill your boots. 

The bit that I found most interesting is that 30% of the population were already immune. This seems to be based on the fact that there was an immune response from people who had yet to contract the virus.

We can but hope, however as mentioned, if the R number is rising, then it kinda puts his theory to bed.

Depends.    The R number could be inaccurate if the level of false positives theory proves true.    

I'm sceptical that this guy suddenly appears with two essentially separate ideas to discredit the science,   the two of which depend on each other to make his argument.   High false positive rate + high existing T-cell protection immediately taking the herd immunity threshhold halfway there.    

22 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

This thread is amazing btw :pray: absolute masterclass in internet nonsense. 

Absolutely

19 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

An eye opener into the morals of some on here too 

You can feck off ya troll  

3 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

How is it upsetting our daily lives? Once you’ve down loaded it (which takes less than 2 minutes) you don’t do anything unless you get an alert, which may never happen for you or possibly a majority of other people. The upside is you are part of the team which is trying it’s best to overcome this virus. 

You see the problem is we will never get out of this. More tests mean more false positive case means more panic means more lockdowns

Remember folks you are not allowed to be in anyway encouraged by today’s low case numbers.  

Also don’t read into the zero deaths yet again, you have to worry about long Covid right now and then can switch to deaths again in 6/8 weeks. 

Just now, Shanks said:

Remember folks you are not allowed to be in anyway encouraged by today’s low case numbers.  

Also don’t read into the zero deaths yet again, you have to worry about long Covid right now and then can switch to deaths again in 6/8 weeks. 

As has been explained, today's case numbers were incomplete due to the non-return of test results since there is currently a backlog relating to test analysis.

Do you not bother reading anything at all?

CavySlaveJambo

Also people bleating on about false positives, remember the other more problematic side. False negatives. 

People who have a negative test are allowed to release them self from quarantine,  there is a greater than 1:5 chance last time the figures were released (somewhere around 1:3) negative tests were actually people who had covid. 

28 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Talk radio :facepalm: The guy is full of shit and will be up for ridicule shortly. 

Think it's perfectly reasonable to question why we are making changes based on a false test. Its Sturgeon, Johnson and Hancock that are up for ridicule.

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Coronavirus: Report 'rule of six' breaches, minister urges https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54142699

You're relentless! Give your Google searches a break or take your crusade to the streets to see what real difference you could make. 

I bet you've been head counting the groups of people and trying to sniff out the non mask wearing, asthma suffering smokers too. 

7 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Think it's perfectly reasonable to question why we are making changes based on a false test. Its Sturgeon, Johnson and Hancock that are up for ridicule.

How do you know it's false? Is it only false when the numbers are going up? But not when the numbers are going down? Sounds like you like to pick and choose what suits your agenda best

4 hours ago, jambo89 said:

If people are so ill that they can;t wear a piece of fabric for 20 minutes, then maybe they shouldn't be 'going about there business' during a pandemic.

Pandemic has been over for months.

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

The Pfizer guy and the leaders.    Because it's only a theory at this stage.   Interesting ideas but it's a bit suspicious he champions the two separate ideas that both need to stand to support his theory.    It also depends on his assertion that the governments are still reacting to an obsolete model.   One inconvenient fact for him is that most other countries are instigating similar restriction to the UK and they're not being guided by the Ferguson model.   

Interesting.   Worth keeping an eye on.   Sceptical.

Or... people can just take it hook,  line and sinker.   'Cos it sounds good.

6 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

How do you know it's false? Is it only false when the numbers are going up? But not when the numbers are going down? Sounds like you like to pick and choose what suits your agenda best

They have said themselves its false! Or a bit rubbish to use the dentists quote.  

3 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

Asthma is not a legitimate reason to not wear a mask. 

and when did you become a medical expert...absolute Walter. 

3 hours ago, graygo said:

Be interesting to see what effect that will have on the hospital numbers. I've a feeling a new argument for the "doom mongers" will need to be found.

Me too

Covid patients to get antibody treatment

A new treatment that uses laboratory-made antibodies is to be trialled on Covid-19 patients in UK hospitals. These monoclonal antibodies will be given to about 2,000 people as part of the UK Recovery Trial, which previously found that a cheap steroid called dexamethasone could save lives. The first patients will be given the new drugs in the coming weeks.

Nucky Thompson

A wee bit good news in amongst all the doom and gloom

A new monoclonal antibody treatment is being trialled in the UK from today

There are lots of good reasons for thinking it will be effective, stopping the virus from reproducing, stopping the virus from causing damage, improving survival for patients

18 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

They have said themselves its false! Or a bit rubbish to use the dentists quote.  

Who is 'they' and where have 'they' said that the test is false? What do you mean by false, the method, the results, the variance? You seem so certain so I am sure you will back this up with proper data from a reputable source? 

19 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Pandemic has been over for months.

No it hasn't and will be prolonged when people start thinking it is over when it's not. 

1 hour ago, Cade said:

I have asthma.

I wear a mask.

Stop looking for pathetic reasons to not wear masks.

I don’t have asthma.

I don’t wear a mask. 

3 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I don’t have asthma.

I don’t wear a mask because 

I act like a selfish twit

Ftfy 🤣

so how come you don’t wear one?

5 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Oppression innit. 

Sounds like it! 

Snowflakes not liking being told what to do.

I bet you he started the petition to have the David Hume building renamed as it hurts his feelings!!

Edited by jambo89

42 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Also people bleating on about false positives, remember the other more problematic side. False negatives. 

People who have a negative test are allowed to release them self from quarantine,  there is a greater than 1:5 chance last time the figures were released (somewhere around 1:3) negative tests were actually people who had covid. 

I've seen figures for false positives but not false negatives, have you a link to that?

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, jambo89 said:

He certainly does. 

I realised I hadn't posted a link above

https://lockdownsceptics.org/addressing-the-cv19-second-wave/

Is easy enough to read and is free so fill your boots. 

The bit that I found most interesting is that 30% of the population were already immune. This seems to be based on the fact that there was an immune response from people who had yet to contract the virus.

We can but hope, however as mentioned, if the R number is rising, then it kinda puts his theory to bed.

Cheers for the link. Certainly an interesting read, haven't obviously had the time to check out all the sources but a lot it makes intuitive sense and seems reasonably well sourced. I stopped noting the R number a while ago, too many issues noted with it. 

It's obviously hard to know whether their numbers of potentially infected are accurate or not, though I do understand their rationale.

One thing I think is starting to become clearer is the use of the PCR test. At a minimum they need to look at the number of cycles being used I think. But there's enough chatter, even some acknowledgement by Leitch to say we might need to reconsider how we use this test. 

Anyway, interesting stuff. I suppose we'll see what happens in France and Spain in terms of hospital admissions and deaths as they look about 3-4 weeks ahead of us. 

One way or the other, I feel like by the end of October we'll know if they are correct. 

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I've seen figures for false positives but not false negatives, have you a link to that?

Wouldn't it be at a rate similar the false positive? i.e. 10% of test are false positive and as such, 10% are false negative?

I genuinely don't know. I am not sure how the test works, and so can't understand why the rate of false positives would be higher than false negatives. 

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I didn’t really tbh but people are throwing blame around for cases rising again when of course they are. It wasn’t just going to go away. 
More lockdown tho? Surely not the way to go imo. 

Agreed. I really believe at some point we are going to have to throw off the shackles and just live with it as we do with other viruses. 

2 hours ago, jambo89 said:

You said we never went in to lock-down with the Spanish Flu, which was wrong. 

There were lock-downs all over the world (including the UK) during the Spanish flu, they were just more localised as there was far less travel back then, but there were still lock-downs. 

There were also Lock-downs for SARS (I posted the link previously), although localised to 'China', so you were also wrong that front too. 

I never knew we were discussing the whole world now. 

2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I never knew we were discussing the whole world now. 

What did you think a pandemic was??? 😂

Wouldn't it be at a rate similar the false positive? i.e. 10% of test are false positive and as such, 10% are false negative?

I genuinely don't know. I am not sure how the test works, and so can't understand why the rate of false positives would be higher than false negatives. 

Not that I can see. The false positives are tests picking up dead viral particles which makes sense to me. The same tests would need to miss completely any viral particles which is less likely imo.

What did you think a pandemic was??? 😂

I know what a pandemic is, but how other countries are dealing with it dont have implications on most of our day to day lives

32 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Who is 'they' and where have 'they' said that the test is false? What do you mean by false, the method, the results, the variance? You seem so certain so I am sure you will back this up with proper data from a reputable source? 

No it hasn't and will be prolonged when people start thinking it is over when it's not. 

Its false as it gives positives going back up to 6 months!

What determines when it's over? Usually a pandemic is finished when people are no longer dying. Is this one different? If so why? 

2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Its false as it gives positives going back up to 6 months!

What determines when it's over? Usually a pandemic is finished when people are no longer dying. Is this one different? If so why? 

So stupid it's almost a work of art.

32 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Ftfy 🤣

so how come you don’t wear one?

It's against the law to ask anyone that. I'm calling the grass line. Can you supply your address please so they know where about in Hamilton you are.

I'm sure as a right minded law abiding citizen you understand. 

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So stupid it's almost a work of art.

Stupid is believing what Sturgeon tells you is in your best interests. 

11 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I know what a pandemic is, but how other countries are dealing with it dont have implications on most of our day to day lives

I imagine you like to do the hand thing Trump does when you come out with lines like that?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic