Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

23 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I think i am an empathic person. Well i know i am. I wear a mask just in case I might have the virus and pass it on but also aware that it might be a waste of time.  But if it helps people with their anxiety about the virus then thats fine with me.

I have even greater empathy for the countless millions who may lose their jobs due to lockdowns and the snowball effects to their mental health, family life, relationships, housing situation etc .  In my line of work we are seeing countless referrals for support regarding financial issues as well as mental health issues and family breakdowns / domestic violence  etc  all exacerbated  by the lockdown. I dread to think what another full lockdown would do. Yes localised lockdowns which are time limited are not an issue as such but its the uncertainty of it all which is affected peoples mental well being.  

That's understandable, James. These are pretty awful times. You're spot on that folk need certainty (or at least security that things aren't going to change too much). Hopefully as we refine our approach to the pandemic, it will get better. It has been a very steep learning curve.

All the best with the work you're doing. :thumb:

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Was on the BBC. Presumably only England at the moment. Now what sort of person would apply for that.....

East Germany? 

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

One of my pet hates, that and dog shit on the pavement and people when write " on route" on Facebook argghhh

Especially when they say it on masse! ;)

How's the French getting on by the way - did you make use of lockdown to learn some more?

2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Simpletons a bit harsh just because you don't agree with me. Have I missed any of  your convincing arguments and well thought out posts as to why you don't agree with me? Don't go with the herd. It's the easy way but not necessarily the right way.

Folk have explained it to you ad nauseum. I'm not gonna waste my time, just call you out on your utter stupidity and willful ignorance. 

24 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

:laugh4: I'm just happy Christmas has been cancelled

So that you can remain Secret Santa winner until 2021? ;)

2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Are you denying East Germany was once a country? Google stasi.

What the old stolen German democratic Republic? 

20 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Do these replace the FACTS? 

Nothing about face masks. Are these ditched now? 🤔 

That's the new rules in England.

William H. Bonney
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What's all this public unrest pish. Who the Feck is gonnae riot if their pub is closed for a bit. :rofl: 

It’s scaremongering nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What's all this public unrest pish. Who the Feck is gonnae riot if their pub is closed for a bit. :rofl: 

I think it's more likely that if people see their freedom being removed bit by bit then it might spark some unrest. It's not like there is any end to it. Six months down the line and we are going backwards again. Especially when furlough ends and there is a lot more unemployed.

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

I think it's more likely that if people see their freedom being removed bit by bit then it might spark some unrest. It's not like there is any end to it. Six months down the line and we are going backwards again. Especially when furlough ends and there is a lot more unemployed.

We're going backwards because of ****ing imbeciles,  selfish scum and the dissemination of lies by lunatics. 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

We're going backwards because of ****ing imbeciles,  selfish scum and the dissemination of lies by lunatics. 

That's no way to speak about the government!

Brighton Jambo

Hands, Face, Space seems the new message on the podium, seems pretty clear to me.

i hope they adopt that up here as I still couldn’t tell you what FACTS stands for without looking it up.  Natural Orders will be on me now.  

Shanks said no

I would be more annoyed if someone peed on my jeans. If it was my bare leg I could go in the Shower, pool or sea. Jeans would be stinking. 

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

C1986195-A9BC-48BF-961C-65F389861D33.jpeg

Nowhere have you pointed out that those rules only apply to England. Please stop posting misleading information, posts like that should be deleted from this thread and the twits who post them banned from it.

11 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

We're going backwards because you can't behave yourself. 

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Nowhere have you pointed out that those rules only apply to England. Please stop posting misleading information, posts like that should be deleted from this thread and the twits who post them banned from it.

Why does he have to, we were discussing Boris' statement. Everyone knows NS the FM is in charge up here. 

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Hands,  face,  space is a slogan nicked from the Scottish civil service protocols of people working alone with Alex Salmond.   Maybe.

😁 very good!

Samuel Camazzola
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

True. People could be mislead. 

Are you still allowed to pish on other folks legs though? 

44 minutes ago, redjambo said:

That's understandable, James. These are pretty awful times. You're spot on that folk need certainty (or at least security that things aren't going to change too much). Hopefully as we refine our approach to the pandemic, it will get better. It has been a very steep learning curve.

All the best with the work you're doing. :thumb:

Thanks Red.  Yes its the "uncertainty" of it all which is causing stress and anxiety but unfortunately it is the nature of the beast as the SG and BG are only responding to daily data i suppose. 

Why does he have to, we were discussing Boris' statement. Everyone knows NS the FM is in charge up here. 

Thanks 

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

If you look back I was responding to someone who asked specifically about what the rule of 6 that Boris was talking about.

Edited by Natural Orders

We're going backwards because you can't behave yourself. 

Seems a tad harsh I'm getting the blame when I do not have the virus. Anyway your mask will protect you will it not? And the social distancing? And the hand washing?

43 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Especially when they say it on masse! ;)

How's the French getting on by the way - did you make use of lockdown to learn some more?

LoL I binned it... as usual with me , always going to do something new but never seem to get around to it. Still got the ukulele my niece bought me for Xmas one year and still haven't learnt to master  it.. I'm just glad im surviving each day tbh at the current time. :) 

42 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

That's class! 👏 

Have you still been getting a fair share if booked work? 

Bits and bobs mate. Funerals/Birthdays (home) things like that. Most of my gigs were weddings, Cruiseships. They are both a long way away from full recovering. 

Was also planning on doing coach tours this year. Have my my PCV entitlement so was planning on getting into that. Obviously not worked out the way I had hoped lol

Edited by AlimOzturk

8 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

True. People could be mislead. 

Are you still allowed to pish on other folks legs though? 

I think that's just England as well and only if one of you are wearing trousers.

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I think that's just England as well and only if one of you are wearing trousers.

😄 And only from a minimum of 1 metre away. 

Samuel Camazzola
5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Bits and bobs mate. Funerals/Birthdays (home) things like that. Most of my gigs were weddings, Cruiseships. They are both a long way away from full recovering. 

Was also planning on doing coach tours this year. Have my my PCV entitlement so was planning on getting into that. Obviously not worked out the way I had hoped lol

Good that there is still some demand for the work. 👍 

curiously enough this was on my Facebook tonight. Was shared by a friend so I don't know the person. Maybe the mask police could justify them to this girl or her family.

Heads up.... masks off

⚠️Be careful HEALTHY people, shared from a friend....

My daughter. 19 yrs old. Healthy. Frontline worker at a huge grocery store chain. Started feeling sick about two weeks ago. Side and back pain. Nausea.. Chest pain. Primary doc sent her for chest x-ray.. Something "lit up" on right side. Sent for MRI. Cat scan. Ultra sound of back and abdomen areas..NOTHING.. While at work was unable to breathe. Chest pain. Rushed to e.r. quarantined. Tested for covid. Young. By herself because no one can be with her. Turns out its pleurisy.. An inflection of the outside of the lining of the lungs. They basically tell her.. It's because she has been wearing a mask for over 8 hours a day 5-6 days a week. Breathing in her own bacteria. Carbon dioxide.. Caused an infection. And now she is in severe pain. Has to be off work with no pay.. But you wont see that on social media! She's 19. Healthy. And now is bed bound and struggling to breathe. Antibiotics. Steroids. Breathing treatments.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Journalists trying to twist Boris into saying Christmas is cancelled. Fecking vultures 

Wouldn’t be a bad thing if Xmas is cancelled.
It’s a lot of shite.

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

curiously enough this was on my Facebook tonight. Was shared by a friend so I don't know the person. Maybe the mask police could justify them to this girl or her family.

Heads up.... masks off

⚠️Be careful HEALTHY people, shared from a friend....

My daughter. 19 yrs old. Healthy. Frontline worker at a huge grocery store chain. Started feeling sick about two weeks ago. Side and back pain. Nausea.. Chest pain. Primary doc sent her for chest x-ray.. Something "lit up" on right side. Sent for MRI. Cat scan. Ultra sound of back and abdomen areas..NOTHING.. While at work was unable to breathe. Chest pain. Rushed to e.r. quarantined. Tested for covid. Young. By herself because no one can be with her. Turns out its pleurisy.. An inflection of the outside of the lining of the lungs. They basically tell her.. It's because she has been wearing a mask for over 8 hours a day 5-6 days a week. Breathing in her own bacteria. Carbon dioxide.. Caused an infection. And now she is in severe pain. Has to be off work with no pay.. But you wont see that on social media! She's 19. Healthy. And now is bed bound and struggling to breathe. Antibiotics. Steroids. Breathing treatments.

That's not how you get pleurisy. Funnily enough, pleurisy is a common after effect from covid though.

Weakened Offender
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s a lot of shite.

I'd love Christmas to be cancelled. Can you imagine the seethe amongst the Gammonati? 😁

8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s a lot of shite.

But....but.....but.......pressies and triffle and drink😫😫

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'd love Christmas to be cancelled. Can you imagine the seethe amongst the Gammonati? 😁

:jj:

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic