Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

If you assume hiring a manager is a lottery, which it is, Robbo for me is the safest best out there in terms of affordable, experienced, motivated candidates who you know 100% would give absolutely everything. If not him, I'd be open to Naismith as player manager and see if he can do an Alex Neil or Doddie. The key is it has to be someone who really wants to be there as well as someone with some obvious talents and so on. As I say, I'm all for Stendel staying if he's up for it and takes a massive wage drop. It's going to be the weakest Championship possibly ever so you have to back him he'd be able to do the job. Does he really want to is a big question though.

Naismith has shown zero leadership through this whole thing. He can **** off.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Naismith has shown zero leadership through this whole thing. He can **** off.

Apart from being the first player to take a massive pay cut, busting a gut every time he played, encouraging the young players, and scoring better than 1 in 3 despite two bad injuries (or one reoccurring injury whatever it was) and often not being played as an out and out striker. And despite being probably as good a bet as any current player in Scotland to make a successful step into management. Apart from all that he can well **** off.

Jingle Bells
12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Like the personal abuse dished out on here by the Levein fanboys to anybody who questioned where Levein was taking our Club? That kind of personal abuse??

Case proven ma Lord.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Apart from being the first player to take a massive pay cut, busting a gut every time he played, encouraging the young players, and scoring better than 1 in 3 despite two bad injuries (or one reoccurring injury whatever it was) and often not being played as an out and out striker. And despite being probably as good a bet as any current player in Scotland to make a successful step into management. Apart from all that he can well **** off.

Don’t take this the wrong way but your stoic defence of Levein suggests you’re a very poor judge of character.

47 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Somebody should let him out of it.

Oh dear.  How low can you stoop?

20 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

You are the sneaky wee abusive wimp who stirs things up and then shouts from behind the shoulders of others Tammy. Your posting history is just a total cringe.

Correct.

12 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

No need to stifle free speech and close a thread as long as it’s civil.

It's not really going that well on the "civil" front.

27 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

You are the sneaky wee abusive wimp who stirs things up and then shouts from behind the shoulders of others Tammy. Your posting history is just a total cringe.

you seem a tad upset.....truth hurts.

12 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

It's not really going that well on the "civil" front.

More like civil war. 😀

Jingle Bells
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yeah, that’s what I’m about to do, for having the temerity to state that the personal abuse is out of order... have a word with yourselves, seriously. :lol:

I'm sorry for you that your boyhood hero has been deservedly binned, however you do have some odd  footballing perceptions such as Levein's first spell as Hearts Manager being some kind of Golden era for the Club or Locke having  an earthly of avoiding relegation, with what he had at this disposal.

Just now, Jingle Bells said:

I'm sorry for you that your boyhood hero has been deservedly binned, however you do have some odd  footballing perceptions such as Levein's first spell as Hearts Manager being some kind of Golden era for the Club or Locke having  an earthly of avoiding relegation, with what he had at this disposal.

Quote those posts you are referring to, and I’ll discuss it with you. 

Guest ToqueJambo
34 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Don’t take this the wrong way but your stoic defence of Levein suggests you’re a very poor judge of character.

I don't defend him, just don't blame him for everything that led to our current mess.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thanks for showing you don’t get it 👍🏽👏🏾. High press is about getting the ball back ASAP, no matter where it is, get it back and DOMINATE possession not assume that the other team has it 😱🙈.  Man City and Liverpool play it against some of the biggest, fittest long ball teams like Burnley and it seems to work fine doesn’t it? As I said to you last time we had this chat, most teams pressed us and it ended up with Danny Wilson hitting hopeless long diagonals. James Keatings played more games than any other striker and he wasn’t better than most down there. We had 20 players score for us which was more important than Zeefuik bring top scorer with 12 goals.

Im glad you know better than Pep and Klopp, the two best managers in the world 🤔😂😅😃😆🤪

Yup

Levein, McPhee and Daly have gone. 
They reached the end of the line. 
We are rid of them. 
Let’s put this nightmare of incompetence behind us.

Going on about them is depressing let’s look forward.

7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We are rid of them. 

As someone who finds themselves on the opposite end of debates frequently... I could not agree more.

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We are rid of them. 

Going on about them is depressing let’s look forward to panning the next poor sod who gets the job.

Fixed that for you.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

We are rid of them. 

Yip onwards and hopefully upwards 

3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I reckon INJURIES will be discussed a lot.

I reckon he could have turned it around if he had just been given a little more time. ;)

been here before
14 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Nae one is interested in listening to your pish Craig.

Wrong.

Theres loads on here will listen to it just so they can come on here and try and outdo each other on the outraged front.

Edited by been here before

7 minutes ago, been here before said:

Wrong.

Theres loads on here will listen to it just so they can come on here and try and outdo each other on the outraged front.

And I'm glad they will, because I couldn't even bring myself to listen to the podcast given where we are now and how we got here.

It will be good to hear on JKB what he said and how folk are reacting to that, rather than have to listen to him myself.

If you're not outraged that with the resources that we had we ended up bottom of the Premiership when the leagues were called, you perhaps have to re-evaluate whether or not you actually want Hearts to succeed at all, ever.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Genuinely all I want if for Craig to accept that whatever the mitigating factors as he sees them, our league position was totally unacceptable. It’s really not too much to ask

Levein trolling the support now. All just a good laugh isn’t it? . 

Edited by Last Laff

50 minutes ago, been here before said:

Wrong.

Yet still some will defend the clown :lol: 

If anything it will be an interesting insight into his character. Suspect there will be the usual excuses from a person who hasn't performed well at their job, but I wonder if he will expand on the impact his health scare had on his job, given that level of life changing event has on a person and their overall views on what is really important (in terms of work life balance, etc)? 

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Levein trolling the support now. All just a good laugh isn’t it? . 

If I remember correctly you did say he would come out and give his version 👍🏽.

Francis Albert

Will be interested to read his assessment of the success of the five  year plan, the state of "the football department" he has left behind,  and what exactly he has been doing for his salary for the last 6 months

Guest ToqueJambo
38 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

If anything it will be an interesting insight into his character. Suspect there will be the usual excuses from a person who hasn't performed well at their job, but I wonder if he will expand on the impact his health scare had on his job, given that level of life changing event has on a person and their overall views on what is really important (in terms of work life balance, etc)? 

I remember having a sinking feeling at the time of his heart scare that Levein might just be one of the unluckiest people in football I can think of. 85/86, including the last game for him personally, his own injuries, the cup final vs Rangers when he was at D Utd, even the cup final in 2019... He's made mistakes like everyone, but he can also consider himself very unlucky at different times in his career. No-one can say he's not a trier though. Other Scottish managers who fail down south often slink off or sit on the money they made down there, but he pitched up at Raith Rovers after Leicester then did a very good job at D Utd.

Rick Sanchez

I'm no fan of Craig Levein but whoever that is laughing for the last 10mins of that podcast is an absolute disgrace. Sums those *******s up.

Amateur.

Restonbabe
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I remember having a sinking feeling at the time of his heart scare that Levein might just be one of the unluckiest people in football I can think of. 85/86, including the last game for him personally, his own injuries, the cup final vs Rangers when he was at D Utd, even the cup final in 2019... He's made mistakes like everyone, but he can also consider himself very unlucky at different times in his career. No-one can say he's not a trier though. Other Scottish managers who fail down south often slink off or sit on the money they made down there, but he pitched up at Raith Rovers after Leicester then did a very good job at D Utd.

Also a serial loser. Achieved Absloute nothing in his career managerial or playing. 

One we are much better without blighting this club ever again. 

You call it unlucky. You make your own. 

Holyrood_Hearts
17 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm no fan of Craig Levein but whoever that is laughing for the last 10mins of that podcast is an absolute disgrace. Sums those *******s up.

Amateur.

It’s Chick Young I’m sure

Not got a chance to listen to it, anyone care to summarise what is being discussed.

Selkirk_Jambo

About half way through and they haven't got to the CL bit yet but, by jebus, how can Chick Young be on a national radio program? The man can barely string a sentence together and, when he eventually manages to make a point, it's invariably pish. 

Absolute clown shoes. 

Edited by Selkirk_Jambo

EEN have a piece on it to save your ears:

--

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-apologises-hearts-fans-insists-he-could-have-avoided-relegation-if-given-more-time-2878092

Craig Levein apologises to Hearts fans - but insists he could have avoided relegation if given more time

Former manager believes he would have revived Tynecastle side’s fortunes

Craig Levein today apologised to Hearts fans following a disastrous relegation but insisted he could have turned things round at Tynecastle Park with more time.

Speaking for the first time since leaving the Edinburgh club on May 31, Levein took partial responsibility for a wretched 2019/20 campaign which culminated in demotion after the coronavirus shutdown.

He was sacked as manager last October after more than two years in charge as his team fell to the foot of the Premiership. He worked in a background role at Riccarton until his contract expired last month.

Despite subsequent spells with Austin MacPhee and Daniel Stendel in charge, Hearts still sat bottom when the league was brought to a premature end in April.

They are now set to play in the Scottish Championship and Levein looked back on his second spell as manager of the club with great disappointment.

Supporters criticised him and called for his removal during demonstrations outside Tynecastle before owner Ann Budge relieved him of his duties.

“Some people think it’s all my fault. I can’t put my hands up and say I’m not responsible in any way, shape or form,” Levein told BBC Scotland.

“At the start of the season, we struggled. I can sit here and talk about the number of important players we had injured, but ultimately you are judged by your results.

“I do feel that, if I had stayed in place, we wouldn’t have been in the league position we are in because we had good players coming back from injury. What’s done is done, but I will look back on my time fondly with some fantastic memories.”

Levein intends to return to Hearts to watch matches both at senior and youth level having overseen the Riccarton academy in his director of football role.

“I don’t know about going back to the club [to work],” he said. “I will certainly go back and watch matches and, if I have time, go and watch some of the academy games to see how some of the kids are getting on.

“It’s been a really weird and strange season. A lot of things have happened that are out of the norm.

“I put as many hours and as much of my effort as I possibly could into working at Hearts and trying to make things better. I do think in time, we will see the benefits.

“The performance school we put in place at Balerno, I think we will see great young players coming out of that in time which will be able to help Hearts going forward. Maybe then some of the Hearts supporters might forgive me. You never know.”

When asked if he had a message for the fans, he replied: “I’m extremely sorry for the position the Hearts supporters find themselves in just now, but I can look back on it and say I did my best for Hearts. People will think that wasn’t good enough but I did my best.”

Levein also admitted that being both manager and director of football was too much when the first team was not performing well. He had been director of football since 2014 but, in 2017, Budge and the Hearts board asked him to take on the added role of succeeding Ian Cathro as manager.

“I got asked by the board if I would take the job,” explained Levein. “We had a round of interviews with four different people and the board, Ann in particular, weren’t happy with how each of the interviews went. Then they asked me if I would take the job.

“Looking back on it, it’s easy to say that maybe I’d bitten off more than I could chew trying to do both jobs at the same time. It proved to be extremely difficult for me, particularly when we had problems on the field.

“Going back, would I have taken the job again? I probably would have but I would have had to give up my director of football role. I found that, when things were difficult, it was extremely difficult to do both jobs.”

So it was all bad luck and the players fault. 

"Did the players let you down" 

No, they just couldn't handle the pressure... ? 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, jumpship said:

So it was all bad luck and the players fault. 

"Did the players let you down" 

No, they just couldn't handle the pressure... ? 

:rofl:

Dugshit interview tbh. 

I think it's fair enough for him to say yeah, if we hadn't had lost Naisy, Soapy, big Pete, even Washington early doors, we would have been much better. Also that certain players cannot handle the pressure. That's clear to me they cannot. I don't think anyone would disagree. 

Problem is though, he had the summer transfer window to strengthen the squad and his recruitment was shite.

We sold Lafferty. Signed Vanecek. Never replaced. 

We lost Djoum, massive loss, never replaced. 

He knew very well that Haring had a serious problem. He knew that Soapy at some point would probably get injured. He knew we needed a better keeper. He knew we needed some pace and width. 

He never prepared properly and he never recruited properly. So it's all fine saying that we needed players that can handle pressure and we lost key players but if we signed the right players and strengthed the squad, that would have been much less of an issue.