SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

So what happens to this 4th guaranteed old firm game that sky seemingly insist on getting every season now that the leagues over? 
lot of shite!! Corrupt to the core all these C.  Unts.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

doctor jambo
6 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

That's what I'm now hearing too, which very much looks like we could be going down but with heavy compo then, as I can't see reconstruction going through thb, bitter little tinpot clubs like Hibs, Hamilton, and St Mirren would never support us. 

The paying out of prize money is crucial.

Once the funds are paid then they reside with the member clubs.

Any subsequent legal costs and compensation will be borne by the member clubs, who would subsequently have to pay that money to US.

All member clubs have an equal share.

So, best case £4 million, would leave all the "top" clubs facing a bill to be paid to us of £300,000 approx.

How many of them would have it?

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

**** me even that ***** Lennon is making sense, add him to Piers Morgan and Kay Burley, strange times we live in.

What did he say? Will have been briefed by lawwell

Ethan Hunt
2 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

I'd go further and say that I sincerely hope that reconstruction is not supported. If it is, then I cannot see us going to court for the simple reason that we will have avoided the existential threat posed by our expulsion.

What that means is that this whole disgraceful episode in Scottish football will be swept under the carpet and everything will carry on as before.

We should not forget that the SPFL resolution was defeated, no matter what the SPFL might say. The payment to the clubs, the expulsion of Partick Thistle and Stranraer, the authority given to the Board to call the Premiership season as they saw fit were all ultra vires. In addition, the SPFL failed in its fundamental duty to look after the best interests of all of its member clubs.

With reconstruction, all of this will be forgotten and the corruption at the heart of Scottish football will continue.

If reconstruction is voted down, I expect us to take court action and I believe that if we do, we will win. Only then can we start to remove the cancers from our game. And yes, I deliberately use the plural.

And if any of the clubs that voted for the SPFL resolution or against the Sevco resolution or against reconstruction go out of business as a result of our court action, I will celebrate their demise like it's May 1998 again.

Agreed 100% and I would hope to be there with you sharing a pint 🍻 to celebrate, while exercising social distancing of course. 

2 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

So what’s happening are we getting a statement or no? We are only the fans after all. 

look on the official website a statement was posted around and hour ago

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

How is Aberdeen getting the cup place a bribe?

Thats even forgetting Rangers officially now get the cup place with 4th place getting 3rds Europe spot as 3rd gets 2nd. 

In the sense that they were being guaranteed a benefit if the resolution was passed that they may not have received had the resolution failed. 

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

So what’s happening are we getting a statement or no? We are only the fans after all. 

There has been  a statement on the official website and twitter.

Jambof3tornado
18 minutes ago, martoon said:

Get the feeling the Cup, and our participation, is perhaps why Celtic have, apparently, "softened" their stance on recon. Their desperation for the rebel, treble, quadruple...means everything to them. If it takes Hearts remaining a top flight club they'd, perhaps, be keen to push for recon. 

Just a hunch. 

To expect us to play that semi as a Championship club with a decimated squad is ridiculous. More so if there's no Championship to play in because of Covid. 

What would our compensation be for being forced out the cup??

With no championship we can hardly be expected to cobble a team together. Even with a championship on the go is it fair on us to be expected to compete?

Agentjambo
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Cant see reconstruction happening. The teams who were against it wont have changed their Minds. Will be bought off with compensation

How much do you think we would be willing to accept in compo?

Neil Lennon hailed Celtic's ninth successive title triumph as "the best" after they were confirmed as Scottish champions once again on Monday. :facepalm:

Edited by Hearts007

17 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Indeed - so why is he writing letters giving legal advice? I wasn't being serious with the pro bono comment...

He is being manipulative. HIs opinion is worth no more than anyone on here...

Budge is doing a good job. There is no point in throwing the toys out of the pram  as you just look like an idiot - like Rangers did when their bluff got called...

Dean's passed on what he was told by a senior judge, possibly a QC, that makes him better informed than me, maybe you too.

Spellczech
11 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

To suggest that the opinion of someone with decades of experience in the legal area, and who will have friends and contacts throughout that sector who he could consult with,  counts for the same as anyone on here, is frankly, ridiculous.

What happened to the club on his watch?

3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

So what happens to this 4th guaranteed old firm game that sky seemingly insist on getting every season now that the leagues over? 

Remember the 3rd game got postponed at short notice too.

Will they be getting a rebate?  Possibly so.

Fire_At_The_Disco
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

look on the official website a statement was posted around and hour ago

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

There has been  a statement on the official website and twitter.

See that’s what I get for coming in from painting the wall and straight onto KB.... cheers I really should have looked. 😭

33 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

She doesn't actually say "Financial Cost" to the club. Here isd what is said.

However the cost to the club of relegation would outweigh these considerations.

That can be more than just financial. 

Look I was just giving my gut feeling based opinion that she will not end up taking legal action. Hopefully she can get some way out but no matter what now we are relegated. Is that going to change?

Yes, if there’s recon or if we just say the truth and that we were expelled not relegated. 

Hagar the Horrible

Abershhep complaining calling it has just cost them £1m,  god I hope they go bust before us

Spellczech
Just now, graygo said:

Dean's passed on what he was told by a senior judge, possibly a QC, that makes him better informed than me, maybe you too.

Didn't see that in his letter...

Pasquale for King

That it was wrong to relegate us and the other clubs and that he felt sorry for all of the clubs in that situation. Reconstruction might well be inevitable if clubs go bust even though it seems clubs don’t want it just now. 
Im sure if he was honest he would agree that he enjoys games against us and the “banter”.

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

4? They didn’t even get the 3rd!!

11 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The Scottish Cup is run by the SFA. They, from what we have seen in public, have had no locus in this shambolic affair other than to co-sign the letter to UEFA. The Scottish Cup is irrelevant in our current situation.

For those asking how the Scottish Cup games are going to be played at some point it’s important to understand that the SPFL have called the LEAGUE season. The Scottish Cup is a cup competition . That will be cancelled, or played, when the SFA decide.

I know that. 

But where we are when Covid allows the semi finals to be played is relevant. Two separate bodies or not. 

33 minutes ago, a11ank said:

So no time soon.  They are already suggesting starting next season behind closed doors!

Thanks for quoting that nannie goat as your source!

Don't forget the shiit state of Hobos finances and the reality that Petrie needs this!!

Petrie has nothing to do with Hibs these days

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

How much do you think we would be willing to accept in compo?

Maybe solidarity payment on top of parachute payments. Prob bout 1.5m roughly. I know we are potentially losing more but not guaranteed

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Agreed 100% and I would hope to be there with you sharing a pint 🍻 to celebrate, while exercising social distancing of course. 

Looking forward to it already 😁

132goals1958
35 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Exactly what I was just thinking.  👍

I hope Ann makes sure that our "threat" of court action  if reconstruction fails is properly understood by Donkey and the SPFL board before she submits the resolution - so it would be very much  in their interest to "urge" (i.e. explicitly recommend) member clubs to support it.     If he (they) sit neutral, that'll tell us all we need to know  - and it's off to court we go if the clubs vote it down.  Potentially, we've got a quite a bit of leverage there.

If the resurrection of the reconstruction proposals is being accurately reported in the media, then why is Ann being handed the job again ?   Does that not imply that Les Gray no longer wants it (and possibly never did ) ?

Throughout this whole mess, I get the feeling that most clubs don't see Hearts as actually suffering much financial hardship for being in the Championship simply because they see  club gets over £1m each year from us fans via FoH.    Hopefully  a court would completely  ignore the  FoH contribution  when awarding us reasonable compensation though.  ☺️

That has crossed my mind more than once.Suspect there is a bit of envy in terms of us generating so much additional revenue stream. They will also be  anticipating  a financial boost to the championship coffers if we end up there 

25 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Seems to difficult for some people to understand, even when written in black and white. I’d also say my take from it is that we won’t be pursuing a compensation route. We have strong grounds to challenge the whole process from start to finish. Any legal action will not be about financial compensation in my opinion.

Too.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

What happened to the club on his watch?

We won the Scottish cup for the first time in 36 years. The problems that occurred after he left in September 1999 with the SMG money was nothing to do with him.

Edited by Pasquale for King

33 minutes ago, Deevers said:

If we withdraw the tie will be handed to the vermin.

Yep, just hand the wee team £500-750k for nothing. That’s another good idea on here. Where do they get them? 

south morocco
6 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

In the sense that they were being guaranteed a benefit if the resolution was passed that they may not have received had the resolution failed. 

Bribed you mean!

4 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Remember the 3rd game got postponed at short notice too.

Will they be getting a rebate?  Possibly so.

Good point!! Totally forgot about that one being postponed.

stevie1874
20 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The Scottish Cup is run by the SFA. They, from what we have seen in public, have had no locus in this shambolic affair other than to co-sign the letter to UEFA. The Scottish Cup is irrelevant in our current situation.

For those asking how the Scottish Cup games are going to be played at some point it’s important to understand that the SPFL have called the LEAGUE season. The Scottish Cup is a cup competition . That will be cancelled, or played, when the SFA decide.

Who’s on the Sfa board as a matter of interest?

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

4? They didn’t even get the 3rd!!

Yeh I’d forgotten all about that one.

👍🏻

Sooperstar
12 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

We got a statement about 2 hours ago.

Big week for Budge.

Footballing wise nobody would disagree she dropped the ball but that's a separate issue.

We've been thrown out. From my perspective we need to be selfish. Let's take this to court. If it curtails the start of the season or TV money being released don't care. It it sends some teams into difficult times, don't care.

Take it to court. If it drags out it drags out. It's about our club don't care about any other team they weren't looking out for us...time to be selfish

4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

What would our compensation be for being forced out the cup??

With no championship we can hardly be expected to cobble a team together. Even with a championship on the go is it fair on us to be expected to compete?

Exactly. 

For us to compete in those semi finals without protestation or fuss we will, in all likelihood, still have to be a top flight club. Celtic will be aware of that and might be keen to nip in the bud any doubt about their quadtreble bid. 

Just a hunch. 

7 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

The SFA would have still made the same decision regardless and it’s hardly a fantastic incentive that will make them lots of money.  Void the season they would still make Europe through last years league positions.  

Fire_At_The_Disco
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

We got a statement about 2 hours ago.

See I already replied twice and explained why I hadn’t seen it.... 

7 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Didn't see that in his letter...

Apologies, having checked his view was formed from information given by the QC's of Partick Thistle and Rangers.

5 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Big week for Budge.

Footballing wise nobody would disagree she dropped the ball but that's a separate issue.

We've been thrown out. From my perspective we need to be selfish. Let's take this to court. If it curtails the start of the season or TV money being released don't care. It it sends some teams into difficult times, don't care.

Take it to court. If it drags out it drags out. It's about our club don't care about any other team they weren't looking out for us...time to be selfish

This is what happens when you don't legally challenge the validity of the resolution from the outset. The resolution actually failed according to law scholars when Dundee were allowed to change their vote. Weak leadership, cowardly even.Heading for total capitulation and an this, so far, amazing dereliction of duty throughout this shocking situation. The time for taking legal advice is over, it doesn't take weeks to get legal advice so have to question the direction Mrs. Budge is going...it certainly appears she just doesn't want to ruffle any feathers and, to me, is astonishingly weak on this matter.

Edited by rogers

12 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It’s written in black and white mate. I don’t know what you are finding difficult to understand about it. The club have been consistent in their various statements. Legal advice was either going to be or has been sought, and legal advice would be considered or pursued. It really has been clear, unless you want to muddy the waters of course.

She told us there was review into the footballing side of the club, has that happened?  

We will find out soon enough if she carries out what you say is in black and white. Personally I think it is open to interpretation.

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, just hand the wee team £500-750k for nothing. That’s another good idea on here. Where do they get them? 

You do realise that the vast majority of that money comes from tickets, match day revenue, sponsorship and TV money? No game = virtually no money to be made!

Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, Shanks said:

How many times do we need to have reconstruction talks before we can go to court? 5 times? 

I share your frustration, but I'm hoping that the people who are advising her know what they're doing.

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I think you are just stirring it for stirring it’s sake. 

I am stating a pretty obvious fact about Deans and previously giving my opinion on how this will pan out.

Too bad if you don't like it or it doesn't comply with yours but that's how it is.

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

I reckon the reconstruction proposal will probably fail due to the mix of self interest and clubs having an axe to grind with Hearts. 
There are too many of them blinded to the financial disaster that is coming their way, that they can’t see the bigger picture of all the clubs sticking together for the common good.

This bad feeling with linger for years, all down to the way that the SPFL board have done their business from the Good a Friday vote until now.

Yeah, the clubs really are that stupid, just look at Hibs, gave up and settled for 7th.  It will fail based on total stupidity.  

I take it there would only be monetary recompense  as the courts couldn't force a change to the league? A hit like if someone wins an unfair dismissal case?

ford donald
15 minutes ago, graygo said:

Definately,he would source the answers.

Hagar the Horrible

I think she has dropped the ball, The legal route NOW would have starved some spfl clubs from much needed cash, that would have given us a stronger hand, She is saying we might go down the legal route if there is no restructure?  I think they will call our bluff,  The precarious in top 12 have just been handed a life line.  It should have been a death nell.

If reconstruction was to happen it would have happened, There are too many clubs delighted with our demise!!!

Paint the town maroon

Statement from Budge. She has put her cards on the table. It’s reconstruction or (possibly) legal action from compensation.

“The players want reconstruction” line is really weak and suggests nothing much has changed other than clubs have said they will listen to a proposal. In my opinion there is less than 10% chance of reconstruction. I just can’t see it however many times we look at it. It’s just not happening but she is dangling legal action across it to add some level of fear factor. However with the SPFL calling the league and presumably checking its own legal position especially given they used the word relegation, I just can’t see it happening.

So assuming no reconstruction we raise £250-500k for a long and expensive legal battle. IF we win then we are not certain of getting £3m plus costs. We could win but the damages may be offset by a view that we were bottom after almost 80% of the season. We could end up getting a £1m in say 18-24 months time. Or out of court settlement earlier but not as much?

However we can’t walk away. I sort of grudging concede that some sort of compensation payment of say £1.5m would not be a terrible outcome and avoid legal action. I wonder if that is an avenue to purse WITH SPFL and Celtic (wash my mouth out) backing.

i hate to think we will bounce from this disaster to another when we need to be ready to get out the championship.

4 minutes ago, rogers said:

This is what happens when you don't legally challenge the validity of the resolution from the outset. The resolution actually failed according to law scholars when Dundee were allowed to change their vote. Weak leadership, cowardly even.

I'd agree without any legal knowledge myself.

The fact the Dundee vote counted.

If legal action delays the season, earns us compensation and removes Doncaster it would be worth it

15 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Maybe solidarity payment on top of parachute payments. Prob bout 1.5m roughly. I know we are potentially losing more but not guaranteed

X4

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Hagar the Horrible said:

I think she has dropped the ball, The legal route NOW would have starved some spfl clubs from much needed cash, that would have given us a stronger hand, She is saying we might go down the legal route if there is no restructure?  I think they will call our bluff,  The precarious in top 12 have just been handed a life line.  It should have been a death nell.

If reconstruction was to happen it would have happened, There are too many clubs delighted with our demise!!!

1st do no harm. Starving the clubs of money would make us no friends.

Another fews days to have a final go at restructuring and then off to the courts.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )