SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Bull's-eye

In order to have a chance of winning a court battle for compensation you have to prove there is/was another solution. 

Thats where we're at.

Evidence gathering.  

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

SectionDJambo
17 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How have any clubs got an axe to grind with Hearts?  We have an axe to grind with these clubs that voted to expel us!

I agree with you, but such has been the press brainwashing of the masses, we have been, and will be, made out to be the bad guys here.

I don’t care about being unpopular, but we need to be prepared for it and to fight back.

Any recent softening of tone by the clubs who shafted us, is only because they fear the financial costs of legal action and boycotts.

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

It's really embarrassing. Delighted we are down so they don't have to face their 3/4 spankings per season. 

Newsflash, gimps. We aren't down yet. 

It's an open admission of inferiority and terror. Quite enjoyed it. 

stevie1874
30 minutes ago, theshed said:

No chance they will let 50k hearts and hibs fans to travel to Glasgow on trains ect then sit in hampden In the next few months so if they do want to finish to cup games it will be done  behind closed doors and that will be a waste of time as it’s the sell out crowds that give us the 1M

Probably go ahead so Celtic win it Behind closed doors 

If that is the case I’d like Hearts to withdraw stating we can’t raise a team ( doubt the championship will go ahead) and then Rangers take our place. 

1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

Good point. Our Scottish  clubs face the prospect of monumental travel costs and no income from their Euro games (otherthan the prize money). Excellent. 

14 days quarantine when they come back, too.

Heh heh.

gashauskis9
25 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Not gonna hold my breath for that if recon fails .maybe for lose of potential earning but not saving us from drop

Sorry that's what i meant.  This will be a claim for loss of earnings,  not trying to overturn the decision to expel us.   We're down, but we shouldn't be punished financially for the sake of Scottish football.

husref musemic
18 minutes ago, Bozi said:

After the farce with old Rangers new rangers I swore I would walk away from Scottish football, in the end the pull of Hearts was too much.

This time though I am close to done with it all, we have been shafted by our fellow clubs who are putting small minded attitudes before what is right and proper.

ONLY Hearts.

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

This time though she has said legal action is the cheaper option so why wouldn’t she take it? 

She doesn't actually say "Financial Cost" to the club. Here isd what is said.

However the cost to the club of relegation would outweigh these considerations.

That can be more than just financial. 

Look I was just giving my gut feeling based opinion that she will not end up taking legal action. Hopefully she can get some way out but no matter what now we are relegated. Is that going to change?

Just now, gashauskis9 said:

Sorry that's what i meant.  This will be a claim for loss of earnings,  not trying to overturn the decision to expel us.   We're down, but we shouldn't be punished financially for the sake of Scottish football.

Yep 👍

14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

As soon as it’s safe for fans to attend. Petrie has already intimated this. 

So no time soon.  They are already suggesting starting next season behind closed doors!

Thanks for quoting that nannie goat as your source!

Don't forget the shiit state of Hobos finances and the reality that Petrie needs this!!

David McCaig
Just now, a11ank said:

So no time soon.  They are already suggesting starting next season behind closed doors!

Thanks for quoting that nannie goat as your source!

Don't forget the shiit state of Hobos finances and the reality that Petrie needs this!!

I think the Celtic fans are currently congregating at Parkhead in an attempt to show why closed doors football wont work in Scotland!!

4 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

If that is the case I’d like Hearts to withdraw stating we can’t raise a team ( doubt the championship will go ahead) and then Rangers take our place. 

If we withdraw the tie will be handed to the vermin.

9 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The club has just said it.

Lots of things have been said throughout this whole sorry situation but we will find out with her actions rather than what she says soon enough.

34 minutes ago, Shanks said:

And if reconstruction talks fail yet again? Do we do some more reconstruction talks again? 

Given that reconstruction talks#2 seem to have been prompted by the threat of legal action, if they don't work then we move on to the legal bit. It's no good paying for legal advice then not taking it, that's how I see it anyway!

stevie1874
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

If we withdraw the tie will be handed to the vermin.

It’s basically being handed to them anyway. If there is no championship games we’ll not have a team. 

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I think the Celtic fans are currently congregating at Parkhead in an attempt to show why closed doors football wont work in Scotland!!

Yep just saw that..total erseholes..

42 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

As my rage gradually subsides, I am clinging onto the hope that Reconstruction has already been agreed in all but being voted on, so therefore court is an unnecessary expense.

And my personal preference is that we absolutely should be multi-tasking, court and negotiation in tandem.

But quite happy to be wrong if reconstruction delivered... I just don’t trust the SPFL.

Will only be delivered with a gun to their heads IMO (or knife through the Heart if your the Sunday Mail)

38 minutes ago, Shanks said:

And if reconstruction talks fail yet again? Do we do some more reconstruction talks again? 

38 minutes ago, Shanks said:

How many times do we need to have reconstruction talks before we can go to court? 5 times? 

She said in her statement about it possibly being the last chance or basically it goes legal.

35 minutes ago, JyTees said:

You're missing the point. The recipients of the proposal now have concentrated minds. They didn't even look at it previously.

Fair enough, hope I am wrong but I don’t trust budge at all. 

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Do either of you guys know if the league prize money gets paid out if we don't go to court until after reconstruction is dead? I'd be happy with this statement if it was the case that no prize money can be paid out until it's all 100% resolved, but if the prize money is paid out then it leaves us in a terrible position with zero bargaining power imo. 

1 hour ago, Defender said:

SPFL Statement said the money would be paid to clubs right away.

Paying prize money is irrelevant to our case. 

2 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Given that reconstruction talks#2 seem to have been prompted by the threat of legal action, if they don't work then we move on to the legal bit. It's no good paying for legal advice then not taking it, that's how I see it anyway!

What if the legal advice says you haven't got a cat in hells chance of winning but you are working on the basis of calling their bluff.

husref musemic
6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

😆 magic ! Get those huddles on the go.

3 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Get the feeling the Cup, and our participation, is perhaps why Celtic have, apparently, "softened" their stance on recon. Their desperation for the rebel, treble, quadruple...means everything to them. If it takes Hearts remaining a top flight club they'd, perhaps, be keen to push for recon. 

Just a hunch. 

To expect us to play that semi as a Championship club with a decimated squad is ridiculous. More so if there's no Championship to play in because of Covid. 

frankblack
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

What if the legal advice says you haven't got a cat in hells chance of winning but you are working on the basis of calling their bluff.

More likely as another poster says above that you have to prove you exhausted non-legal avenues.  Us putting reconstruction to a vote and getting it chucked out is the trigger to serve the legal papers.

Ethan Hunt
Just now, Brown1982 said:I’m happy with the statement we released today.  It basically reads we will go down this reconstruction route one last time but if it’s rejected again then we will be going to court 100%.  The club has come out and said that in black and white today so they have to do it now.  I have no doubt that’s what is going to happen.  Even said as much as although it will be lengthy and costly it pails in significance to being unfairly demoted.  That’s good enough for me.  Let’s give them one last chance to do the right thing with the threat of legal action hanging over them or take them all the way.  May as well we have nothing to lose. 

Seems to difficult for some people to understand, even when written in black and white. I’d also say my take from it is that we won’t be pursuing a compensation route. We have strong grounds to challenge the whole process from start to finish. Any legal action will not be about financial compensation in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I’m quite satisfied that any legal advice we get to proceed on this matter will be on the basis that we have a very sound case. I don’t think that there is any chance of proceeding if that’s not the case.

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

It's a bit of a puzzler that the 3 games needed to finish the cup can be played, but the league playoffs couldn't. It's almost like some members of the SPFL board represent clubs who benefit directly from playoffs being scrapped.

🤔

That helps Kelty's case 

Ethan Hunt
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Do yourself a favour and go and read the legal advice given to Partick Thistle. You will then be better informed to question the legalities of it all.

Spellczech
16 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Deans is a conveyancing solicitor so hardly his field.

I think Ann is playing snap with the cards.

Indeed - so why is he writing letters giving legal advice? I wasn't being serious with the pro bono comment...

He is being manipulative. HIs opinion is worth no more than anyone on here...

Budge is doing a good job. There is no point in throwing the toys out of the pram  as you just look like an idiot - like Rangers did when their bluff got called...

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

That helps Kelty's case 

if i was kelty/brora i would say that the spfl have failed to put forward their required participant for the SHFL/SLFL playoff thus have forfeited it and the winner of the playoff between brora and kelty will take the spot of brechin city in league 2 

SpikeDudley
Just now, Angel eyes said:

It’s a tainted championship they know it and we all know it.

I don't know if they do actually know it. They're a poisonous combination of ignorance, shamelessness and low-intelligence.

And a tainted title is the least of the things they should feel shame for.

Riccarton3
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

More likely as another poster says above that you have to prove you exhausted non-legal avenues.  Us putting reconstruction to a vote and getting it chucked out is the trigger to serve the legal papers.

If you think about it, it's not just for triggering legal papers . It's actually given the clubs 2 opportunities to do the right thing during a pandemic. One for the history books.

Ethan Hunt
3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Get the feeling the Cup, and our participation, is perhaps why Celtic have, apparently, "softened" their stance on recon. Their desperation for the rebel, treble, quadruple...means everything to them. If it takes Hearts remaining a top flight club they'd, perhaps, be keen to push for recon. 

Just a hunch. 

To expect us to play that semi as a Championship club with a decimated squad is ridiculous. More so if there's no Championship to play in because of Covid. 

The Scottish Cup is run by the SFA. They, from what we have seen in public, have had no locus in this shambolic affair other than to co-sign the letter to UEFA. The Scottish Cup is irrelevant in our current situation.

For those asking how the Scottish Cup games are going to be played at some point it’s important to understand that the SPFL have called the LEAGUE season. The Scottish Cup is a cup competition . That will be cancelled, or played, when the SFA decide.

Spellczech
12 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I don't think that is the case at all. I suspect they failed previously because the Hamilton owner was put in there to wreck them...He had no interest or motivation for any change to the status quo, because it would've been counter to all the crappy actions and decision the SPFL have made and he has been involved in...Ann is far better going it alone rather have him acting as an anchor on the inside...

Angel eyes
1 minute ago, SpikeDudley said:

I don't know if they do actually know it. They're a poisonous combination of ignorance, shamelessness and low-intelligence.

And a tainted title is the least of the things they should feel shame for.

Probably thick as two short planks but premier league champions: CELTIC* 😜

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Seems to difficult for some people to understand, even when written in black and white. I’d also say my take from it is that we won’t be pursuing a compensation route. We have strong grounds to challenge the whole process from start to finish. Any legal action will not be about financial compensation in my opinion.

Maybe not at first.

Our legal action will initially be to do with the sporting aspect. Should this fail we would then likely go down the compensation route.

Either way we can tie them up in the courts for months preventing anyone from kicking a ball until it is settled.

Sorry to go off tangent, but when did the Scottish Cup lose its assigned European spot for the winners?? 

As for the statement, it's pretty straight to the point, we will give this one more go (playing their game), and if it fails we will go down the legal route (our game). 

People honestly can't be that surprised by this morning's announcement from the SPFL. I think whoever earlier in the thread said they thought the SPFL wanted this done and dusted before it all kicks off in the EPL was right. If the result is the same down south you can bet the bottom 3 clubs have very costly legal battles lined up. 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, stuart500 said:

It makes no odds to us. If we win a court case for damages from the SPFL its effectively the member clubs who need to pony up. 

If they get their prize money and spend it with this hanging over them more fool them. We could literally put them out of business if they cant meet their share.

Would be even sweeter.

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Paying prize money is irrelevant to our case. 

That's what I'm now hearing too, which very much looks like we could be going down but with heavy compo then, as I can't see reconstruction going through thb, bitter little tinpot clubs like Hibs, Hamilton, and St Mirren would never support us. 

Ethan Hunt
4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Indeed - so why is he writing letters giving legal advice? I wasn't being serious with the pro bono comment...

He is being manipulative. HIs opinion is worth no more than anyone on here...

Budge is doing a good job. There is no point in throwing the toys out of the pram  as you just look like an idiot - like Rangers did when their bluff got called...

To suggest that the opinion of someone with decades of experience in the legal area, and who will have friends and contacts throughout that sector who he could consult with,  counts for the same as anyone on here, is frankly, ridiculous.

29 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I get the impression though that some (and one in particular) will oppose reconstruction out of pure malice.

They follow Celtics, and to some extent, Rangers lead so it’s all about those staying in favour. Sadly Celtic always get their way nowadays, hopefully for once it’s to our benefit. Shouldn’t be this way but unfortunately it is. 

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I'd go further and say that I sincerely hope that reconstruction is not supported. If it is, then I cannot see us going to court for the simple reason that we will have avoided the existential threat posed by our expulsion.

What that means is that this whole disgraceful episode in Scottish football will be swept under the carpet and everything will carry on as before.

We should not forget that the SPFL resolution was defeated, no matter what the SPFL might say. The payment to the clubs, the expulsion of Partick Thistle and Stranraer, the authority given to the Board to call the Premiership season as they saw fit were all ultra vires. In addition, the SPFL failed in its fundamental duty to look after the best interests of all of its member clubs.

With reconstruction, all of this will be forgotten and the corruption at the heart of Scottish football will continue.

If reconstruction is voted down, I expect us to take court action and I believe that if we do, we will win. Only then can we start to remove the cancers from our game. And yes, I deliberately use the plural.

And if any of the clubs that voted for the SPFL resolution or against the Sevco resolution or against reconstruction go out of business as a result of our court action, I will celebrate their demise like it's May 1998 again.

Cant see reconstruction happening. The teams who were against it wont have changed their Minds. Will be bought off with compensation

Ethan Hunt
20 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Lots of things have been said throughout this whole sorry situation but we will find out with her actions rather than what she says soon enough.

It’s written in black and white mate. I don’t know what you are finding difficult to understand about it. The club have been consistent in their various statements. Legal advice was either going to be or has been sought, and legal advice would be considered or pursued. It really has been clear, unless you want to muddy the waters of course.

Fire_At_The_Disco

So what’s happening are we getting a statement or no? We are only the fans after all. 

32 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Deans is a conveyancing solicitor so hardly his field.

I think Ann is playing snap with the cards.

I think you are just stirring it for stirring it’s sake. 

Pasquale for King

**** me even that ***** Lennon is making sense, add him to Piers Morgan and Kay Burley, strange times we live in.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )