SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

42 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

What if the legal advice says you haven't got a cat in hells chance of winning but you are working on the basis of calling their bluff.

If the legal advice is that we don't have any chance of winning then we don't waste time and money on it but until then a bluff might be worth a shot. I don't see it that way though.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

1st do no harm. Starving the clubs of money would make us no friends.

Another fews days to have a final go at restructuring and then off to the courts.

Do we have any friends now? Do we need any? What good has being nice to these ***** done us so far?

jock _turd

I reckon we are accepting we are down but are going after compensation... poor but that is how it looks to me.

4 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

Statement from Budge. She has put her cards on the table. It’s reconstruction or (possibly) legal action from compensation.

“The players want reconstruction” line is really weak and suggests nothing much has changed other than clubs have said they will listen to a proposal. In my opinion there is less than 10% chance of reconstruction. I just can’t see it however many times we look at it. It’s just not happening but she is dangling legal action across it to add some level of fear factor. However with the SPFL calling the league and presumably checking its own legal position especially given they used the word relegation, I just can’t see it happening.

So assuming no reconstruction we raise £250-500k for a long and expensive legal battle. IF we win then we are not certain of getting £3m plus costs. We could win but the damages may be offset by a view that we were bottom after almost 80% of the season. We could end up getting a £1m in say 18-24 months time. Or out of court settlement earlier but not as much?

However we can’t walk away. I sort of grudging concede that some sort of compensation payment of say £1.5m would not be a terrible outcome and avoid legal action. I wonder if that is an avenue to purse WITH SPFL and Celtic (wash my mouth out) backing.

i hate to think we will bounce from this disaster to another when we need to be ready to get out the championship.

Compensation unacceptable. 

12 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

I take it there would only be monetary recompense  as the courts couldn't force a change to the league? A hit like if someone wins an unfair dismissal case?

Our league and clubs cant afford a monetary hit.

Bring it on.

Unhelpful article from Ewan Murray. Celtic no more deserve to be awarded the title than we deserve to be expelled. He is generally a pretty decent voice in the media (and not just because he's a Jambo). He's got this one wrong though.

7 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

I take it there would only be monetary recompense  as the courts couldn't force a change to the league? A hit like if someone wins an unfair dismissal case?

What's the Barnsley situ, helen, regarding relegation etc.?

Hagar the Horrible
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

1st do no harm. Starving the clubs of money would make us no friends.

Another fews days to have a final go at restructuring and then off to the courts.

1st do maximum harm, restructuring is a blind alley,  Go to courts first and some clubs would have to capitulate, now we have given away our advantage.  WE have no friends HEARTS FIRST

1 minute ago, Jambo66 said:

Unhelpful article from Ewan Murray. Celtic no more deserve to be awarded the title than we deserve to be expelled. He is generally a pretty decent voice in the media (and not just because he's a Jambo). He's got this one wrong though.

Celtic given title they didn't win it. *****

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

What's the Barnsley situ, helen, regarding relegation etc.?

Still in limbo, nothing has been decided. Premiership players returning to training on Tuesday so I assume the championship will.follow suit

Our foreign players and coaching staff are on their way back as I understand it so I think training will.start soon.

Edited by Redhelen

It's a shitty way for it all to pan out but there was a good chance we'd have been relegated anyway.

People forget just how rank rotten we were performing on the field.

UEFA and FIFA haven't done anybody any favours in not spelling out a regional or global set of rules how to deal with curtailed leagues.

HMFC needs to start preparing for another championship blitzkrieg right now.

My fear is that we waste too much time with reconstruction talks and legal action and take our eye off the actual football preparations for the next season (whenever that starts).

Compensation isn't an option. League reconstruction or we get legal. 

Compensation avoids contrition, transparency and accountability. 

If we're going down, I want my pound of flesh. 

Edited by OTT

132goals1958
2 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Seems reasonable to me.We never finished the season the consequence of which Celtic get rewarded and Hearts get punished. Null and void in most other sports 

13 minutes ago, Ribble said:

You do realise that the vast majority of that money comes from tickets, match day revenue, sponsorship and TV money? No game = virtually no money to be made!

Do you not think the other semi will still take place and that the wee team will play the winners in the final with tickets, matchday revenue, sponsorship and tv money all happening. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Compensation isn't an option. League reconstruction or we get legal. 

Compensation avoids contrition, transparency and accountability. 

If we're going down, I want my pound of flesh. 

I wish there was a "LIKE" button on JKB.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

What would motivate the smaller clubs to give a **** about us now, if they didn't consider it the first time?

Money now in the bank? Celtic hinting fans might not be turning up? Something even more outlandish than that..?

What do you mean about Celtic fans not turning up.  Are you saying they were going to boycott clubs.

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

1st do maximum harm, restructuring is a blind alley,  Go to courts first and some clubs would have to capitulate, now we have given away our advantage.  WE have no friends HEARTS FIRST

I'm willing to give her the time to ATTEMPT to avoid expulsion.

If that does not work, then its all out war and maximum damage please.

and by that I mean push some clubs into administration/ liquidation.

Italian Lambretta

Im not interested in compensation I want us to go full on court action and put some of these scummy *******s out of business

Ethan Hunt
28 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

What happened to the club on his watch?

You’d be far better asking Chris Robinson. But here’s what Leslie Deans said in a Herald article, feel free to google it.

“When I left the board in 1999, the finances weren’t too bad at all - there was an overdraft but it was manageable. Things declined when SMG made that ill-fated financial injection and demanded it back. That led to the deal to sell Tynecastle. If Hearts had left then we would have had to become tenants to the Scottish Rugby Union, we would have lost such a wonderful stadium. I did everything I could to stop that. Myself and [then Hearts chairman] George Foulkes. We did everything we could.”

9 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I reckon we are accepting we are down but are going after compensation... poor but that is how it looks to me.

Depends how much the compensation is I guess.

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Scott brown is now only 4 medals away from being the most decorated player to ever play in the scottish leagues. Scott. Brown. What a shocker of a time this is for Scottish football. Absolute backwater. 

That is truly grim reading.

Ethan Hunt
28 minutes ago, martoon said:

I know that. 

But where we are when Covid allows the semi finals to be played is relevant. Two separate bodies or not. 

It’s relevant in that at depending on the date the cup games are played it could be argued that league games could also have been played. That said, whether all the remaining league games could be played prior to the next season beginning is more relevant. The Premiership clubs thought they couldn’t.

TV deals are the main driver in this. There is no place for common sense thinking or pragmatism, hence this cluster.

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, Cade said:

It's a shitty way for it all to pan out but there was a good chance we'd have been relegated anyway.

People forget just how rank rotten we were performing on the field.

UEFA and FIFA haven't done anybody any favours in not spelling out a regional or global set of rules how to deal with curtailed leagues.

HMFC needs to start preparing for another championship blitzkrieg right now.

My fear is that we waste too much time with reconstruction talks and legal action and take our eye off the actual football preparations for the next season (whenever that starts).

No-one is disagreeing we've been shite,but the fact is we still had a good chance to avoid it but were denied the opportunity.

Had the plug been pulled 10 days earlier or on any of the 25-26 weeks we weren't bottom then we wouldn't have been thrown out of the league.

Ethan Hunt
31 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Who’s on the Sfa board as a matter of interest?

You know the answer to that question already. 

Ethan Hunt
26 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

She told us there was review into the footballing side of the club, has that happened?  

We will find out soon enough if she carries out what you say is in black and white. Personally I think it is open to interpretation.

What has that got to do with the statements made about legal action?  

You seem keen to carry on with your interpretation of what she says she’ll do so crack on 👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Do we have any friends now? Do we need any? What good has being nice to these ***** done us so far?

Precisely 

Ethan Hunt
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Hope we refuse to finish the SC - then no triple triple for Celtic...

They’d just play Hibs in the final, if they got through their own semi that is.

Jake_the_Muss

Its madness, I'm utterly appalled about this decision. Talk about turkeys voting for Christmas, in a country which has very few genuinely big clubs I can't believe they have decided to relegate the 3rd biggest. Its embarrassing. I honestly hate this country sometimes , it can be so damn backwards. 

Everybody Loves Baz!
3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What has that got to do with the statements made about legal action?  

You seem keen to carry on with your interpretation of what she says she’ll do so crack on 👍

I've put that idiot on ignore now. He must have a very sad life. Every post a negative slant......every post.

Honestly, as the saying goes, the emptiest vessels make the loudest noise, is very apt with this one.

Hearts following every correct channel here before court is my opinion is what's happening here, and if people can't see that, they're idiots.

15 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Im not interested in compensation I want us to go full on court action and put some of these scummy *******s out of business

If there is any chance of a change in Scottish football it will depend on a court case with all of the corruption brought out into the open, re-construction and compensation both will keep this hidden and the crooks will carry on as they have, it's this reason I think SPFL will avoid court at all costs!

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, Jamie3lb said:

The spfl said payments to clubs would be made immediately. We would need an arrestment on the dependence craves in the court action to freeze the funds sent to clubs. An interim interdict is useless if money has been paid out. 

Thanks Jamie 👍

17 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Seems reasonable to me.We never finished the season the consequence of which Celtic get rewarded and Hearts get punished. Null and void in most other sports 

My point is you can't say that Celtic so far are the best team and should get the title, while at the same time saying we are the worst so far and shouldn't be expelled. It's inconsistent and provides ammunition to the tossers who think we should be expelled.

I would have expected better from Ewan Murray.

Just now, Jake_the_Muss said:

Its madness, I'm utterly appalled about this decision. Talk about turkeys voting for Christmas, in a country which has very few genuinely big clubs I can't believe they have decided to relegate the 3rd biggest. Its embarrassing. I honestly hate this country sometimes , it can be so damn backwards. 

Demote/expel

The Real Maroonblood
20 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

👍

Bunny Munro

Both hearts and the SPFL will know the likely chances of us succeeding with legal action. 

The fact that reconstitution is even being talked about tells me not only that we have a fair chance, but they don't want to risk it.

Nookie Bear
22 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

The more the merrier, as far as I am concerned. Let them die of their own stupidity. 

hibsarepants

Whilst you could have gone to court to interdict the final payout to clubs , its unlikely it would have worked. Courts allow funds to be frozen but on the Balance of Convenience to either parties. The inconvenience of 41 other clubs for the convenience of one would have seen the Interdict refused.  We have to let this play out but go in heavy legally if the other clubs as we expect kill reconstruction. As for the fans who are saying we were s***e and deserve to go down / Budge oot etc etc - have a word. Other "competing" clubs particularly one 5 miles to the East want to WRECK this club and cause lasting damage. We have to fight this tooth and nail, if your not up for it - go and watch rugby 

Bunny Munro
4 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

My point is you can't say that Celtic so far are the best team and should get the title, while at the same time saying we are the worst so far and shouldn't be expelled. It's inconsistent and provides ammunition to the tossers who think we should be expelled.

I would have expected better from Ewan Murray.

You 100% can. That's exactly what is correct to do. Let's not put a hatred of Celtic ahead of what is correct to do morally.

You give Celtic the benefit of the doubt that they would hold of rangers. 

You give hearts the benefit of the doubt they would escape relegation.

No one is unfairly punished. Reconstruction should have been forced upon clubs to call the league. 

Edited by Bunny Munro

If we dont come out swinging on this I'm done. Budge has too show some sort of fight. 

Jobs for the boys

Similarly Levein saga

Footballing mismanagement 

Zero fight in this sag

SFA wise

Bent refs

Old firm focused

Terrible commercial deals

Corrupt

Old stale structure

Scottish football needs a full structural change. No better time than now. Address the lack of competition and increase the excitement. At the moment 80% of the league is a pointless grind all season to get an extra position or two for a few extra quid. Scrap all conventional ideas of the scottish league system and create something exciting.

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

I don't think that is the case at all. I suspect they failed previously because the Hamilton owner was put in there to wreck them...He had no interest or motivation for any change to the status quo, because it would've been counter to all the crappy actions and decision the SPFL have made and he has been involved in...Ann is far better going it alone rather have him acting as an anchor on the inside...

Irrespective of the reasons it failed the last time it is now completely different because the others all know that it'll end up in court if we don't get a fair kick at the ball. 

brunoatemyhamster

So, here's a question. 

Will there 100% be the chance of promotion next season? 

Cause I've got ma doubts, and that would be fatal. 

stevie1874
9 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

They’d just play Hibs in the final, if they got through their own semi that is.

Makes a statement though

Just now, brunoatemyhamster said:

So, here's a question. 

Will there 100% be the chance of promotion next season? 

Cause I've got ma doubts, and that would be fatal. 

why?

6 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Both hearts and the SPFL will know the likely chances of us succeeding with legal action. 

The fact that reconstitution is even being talked about tells me not only that we have a fair chance, but they don't want to risk it.

Hard not think that’s not the case otherwise it would be all over now. 

You have next to no chance of change with the voting system in place up here.

Everything was done to give the old firm their own way.

That manky mob will run the game until the other manky mob get back to their winning ways.

Other clubs lost the chance to at least stand up to them passing the voting system way back years ago.

Edited by benny

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

why?

How many clubs can confidently complete a season with social distancing, drop in income, closed door games.

Precious few.

1 minute ago, benny said:

You have next to no chance of change with the voting system in place up here.

Everything was done to give the old firm their own way.

That manky mob will run the game until the other manky mob get back to their winning ways.

Other clubs lost the chance to at least stand up to them passing the voting system way back years ago.

Unfortunately

Ethan Hunt
9 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

I've put that idiot on ignore now. He must have a very sad life. Every post a negative slant......every post.

Honestly, as the saying goes, the emptiest vessels make the loudest noise, is very apt with this one.

Hearts following every correct channel here before court is my opinion is what's happening here, and if people can't see that, they're idiots.

Agreed. We have a strong legal case here. Every move we make is designed to make it stronger.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )