SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

This reconstruction aint gonna get passed

No, but it is part of the route map, Hearts did everything in their power to avoid legal proceedings 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

gashauskis9
3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Which will strengthen our legal case even more imo under the 'duty of care neglect' principle.

32 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I can only assume that the legal advice given dictates that all the hoops have to be jumped through before legal action will stand a chance.

And if reconstruction talks fail yet again? Do we do some more reconstruction talks again? 

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

That’s a positive for us.

The question is, do you want us to stay in the Premiership or not? If the answer to that question alone is yes, then it matters not how it is done.

Yes, that must be the principal aim here. This is a dispute where the SPFL has flailed around erratically trying to reach an end goal. Putting the ball back in their court would move this situation along quicker imo as they would have to act not us. 

29 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

According to the statement, she's following legal advice.

How many times do we need to have reconstruction talks before we can go to court? 5 times? 

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

I sort of agree, but also feel that something definitely changed at the weekend re reconstruction

yep thought the same..maybe more clubs have come around but doubt enough to pass it

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No, but it is part of the route map, Hearts did everything in their power to avoid legal proceedings 

👍

manaliveits105

Good statement and quite clear if reconstruction fails its off to court we go and if that shits on those who have shat on us - tough shit 

Robbo-Jambo
5 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Why is Budge going back to lead it up again then ?

Either there is something in it or she has been taken the piss out of twice now.

34 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

As long as the club has the funds to cover loses/damages then of course.  I wouldn’t expect court action to be a complete shoe in either otherwise the SPFL would be doing absolutely everything possible to push through reconstruction. 

Think you will find that they are. Celtic Rangers Aberdeen all behind recon proposal now. 

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

League season ended, cup season not ended. . Two cup games could earn us £1m. Yes let’s withdraw and make the losses £4m rather than £3m, that’s a good idea. 

So when is this going to be played then?

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

As my rage gradually subsides, I am clinging onto the hope that Reconstruction has already been agreed in all but being voted on, so therefore court is an unnecessary expense.

And my personal preference is that we absolutely should be multi-tasking, court and negotiation in tandem.

But quite happy to be wrong if reconstruction delivered... I just don’t trust the SPFL.

Absolutely no faith in the SPFL given the current incumbents on its board. I wonder if Doncaster has been in the phone lobbying for a positive vote of reconstruction?  I somehow don’t think so. I hope that we get on with dragging them through the courts. Got a feeling their next move will be to offer us a derisory amount in compensation. 

SectionDJambo

I reckon the reconstruction proposal will probably fail due to the mix of self interest and clubs having an axe to grind with Hearts. 
There are too many of them blinded to the financial disaster that is coming their way, that they can’t see the bigger picture of all the clubs sticking together for the common good.

This bad feeling with linger for years, all down to the way that the SPFL board have done their business from the Good a Friday vote until now.

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

How many times do we need to have reconstruction talks before we can go to court? 5 times? 

You're missing the point. The recipients of the proposal now have concentrated minds. They didn't even look at it previously.

Ethan Hunt
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

As my rage gradually subsides, I am clinging onto the hope that Reconstruction has already been agreed in all but being voted on, so therefore court is an unnecessary expense.

And my personal preference is that we absolutely should be multi-tasking, court and negotiation in tandem.

But quite happy to be wrong if reconstruction delivered... I just don’t trust the SPFL.

If I could take reconstruction and win, or court and win, I’d take court every day of the week. Then all the details of what has went on throughout this whole process will be revealed.

If I was someone involved in the process, and we can guess who all those are, and I had a choice between reconstruction and lose, and court and lose, I know which one I’d be taking.

Ann Budge has laid it on the line. Reconstruction or we are going to court. 

David McCaig
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Either there is something in it or she has been taken the piss out of twice now.

Unless reconstruction is now a done deal, I don’t understand the legal scenario where you have to jump through a hoop twice?

2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Which will strengthen our legal case even more imo under the 'duty of care neglect' principle.

Not gonna hold my breath for that if recon fails .maybe for lose of potential earning but not saving us from drop

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Think you will find that they are. Celtic Rangers Aberdeen all behind recon proposal now. 

If true that’s very positive news.  

31 minutes ago, Snedescu said:

I just realised that the European place from the cup is given to forth place in the league.  So Hearts or Hibs could win the cup and not get the place,  Talk about rubbing salt into the wound.

Unlikely any Scottish clubs will be involved in Europe next season except maybe Celtic in Europa League. 

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Like i said imo..maybe more clubs willing to come round but will there be enough?

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, SpikeDudley said:

Rangers should be taking them to court for lost earnings on the premise that they could have still qualified for the Champions League, but now can't

Don’t we have 2 CL places next season anyway?   Can’t see them doing that tbh, Falkirk would have had a better case (regarding finishing first and missing out on promotion).

johnthomas
58 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Don't explain to us just tell these feckers we'll see them in court that email should be on its way through cyberspace now not tomorrow fecking now Anne or clear your plant pots out the boardroom

FFS . No statement GTF , statement

GTF !

Hectormasson
3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Good statement and quite clear if reconstruction fails its off to court we go and if that shits on those who have shat on us - tough shit 

This

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, JyTees said:

You're missing the point. The recipients of the proposal now have concentrated minds. They didn't even look at it previously.

Indeed,  someone else is holding the revolver now and it's not under the control of a members vote but at the behest of Judge Jambo 

The great unwashed and their bilefull club must never be allowed to forget that they were coronated by the most corrupt and unfair system. I will always use a caveat when referring to this seasons chumpions, and it will forever be tainted. There are still enough points  for relegation and winners to be overturned

It is now apparent that the bealsibub deal from the broadcasters is now more important than fairness and wellbeing of fans, players and clubs. See what the devils money has done down south, no broadcaster should be able to demand how many games the arse cheeks play in a season, if that's what they want let them play 38 games against each other in a two team league. Both can Donald Duck Off as far as I am concerned.

In the Sportsound podcast of 17/05/20 they said that the game here was alive due to promotion, the top six and the chase for euro places. What a Fuc*@ng joke as there was no mention of winning the league title, thats because the league is set up so no team other than the arse cheeks have the ability to win it. I say lets get back to playing each other twice only and if sky and bt dont like it they can fu*k off too. 

Spellczech
3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

8.79 in a row though - hurray 

994075_607988005943056_593627113_n.jpg

I actually hope that is 2 blokes...

willie wallace
10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

They need to put forward a team to Uefa by the end of the month.  

Did all the clubs agree to this ?

TheGoodLord

As is so often the case it will all boil down to a number. How much compensation can we screw out of the SPFL? I suspect AB knows that is what we’re realistically playing for now not league survival. Would love to be wrong and I am often so that’s my hope. 

Ethan Hunt
4 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Yes, that must be the principal aim here. This is a dispute where the SPFL has flailed around erratically trying to reach an end goal. Putting the ball back in their court would move this situation along quicker imo as they would have to act not us. 

If we are in control of reconstruction then we control the timescsle. If we left it to the SPFL they could kick it down the road for months. We control it and present it in good time. Get it sorted one way or another, but at a timescale dictated by us.

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

Like i said imo..maybe more clubs willing to come round but will there be enough?

Time will tell I suppose.

Brighton Jambo
36 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

never felt lower than today, covid situ not helping

Chin up mate, look on the plus side the whole of hearts support will be united and galvanised to **** the rest of the league clubs who have shafted us.  United we will be more powerful then ever and we will make them rue this decision so many times over.

im gutted too but weirdly energised.  Bring them all on.  

12 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

No and that's when it goes to court. 

Decent statement with a clear message attached. If reconstruction (sensible approach) is adopted then fine let's everyone move on...blah, blah.....etc.....However failure to reverse this expulsion will see legal action raised.......Message clear and understood......no need for 1,000+ words!

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I reckon the reconstruction proposal will probably fail due to the mix of self interest and clubs having an axe to grind with Hearts. 
There are too many of them blinded to the financial disaster that is coming their way, that they can’t see the bigger picture of all the clubs sticking together for the common good.

This bad feeling with linger for years, all down to the way that the SPFL board have done their business from the Good a Friday vote until now.

How have any clubs got an axe to grind with Hearts?  We have an axe to grind with these clubs that voted to expel us!

5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

there is something in it.

Brighton Jambo
Just now, TheGoodLord said:

As is so often the case it will all boil down to a number. How much compensation can we screw out of the SPFL? I suspect AB knows that is what we’re realistically playing for now not league survival. Would love to be wrong and I am often so that’s my hope. 

If that is the case let’s push for enough compensation to really really hurt the other clubs 

1 minute ago, willie wallace said:

Did all the clubs agree to this ?

They don’t have to.  The SFA decide who gets their place. 

Rocky jamboa

Why is ending the league now and reconstruction two separate issues? They should have been taken together. We're ending the league but there will be no relegation and a 14 team premier league next season. 

23 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Yep we are going to be under full scale attack from the media 

Yup, as someone said earlier on here, it will be rabid and it will be relentless.

**** ‘em, I say.

5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

8.79 in a row though - hurray 

994075_607988005943056_593627113_n.jpg

Is one of them meant to be female, that face is hard enough to break concrete.

1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

Why is ending the league now and reconstruction two separate issues? They should have been taken together. We're ending the league but there will be no relegation and a 14 team premier league next season. 

There must be something cast iron we will be one of the teams involved in the reconstruction regardless of today’s decision? Legal action by Dundee if it goes ahead and they don’t come up? 

Just now, One five said:

The dog looks embarrassed!

No wonder she is..wearing that shit

17 minutes ago, Jamie3lb said:

The spfl said payments to clubs would be made immediately. We would need an arrestment on the dependence craves in the court action to freeze the funds sent to clubs. An interim interdict is useless if money has been paid out. 

Court case won’t be resolved for months so there will be plenty of next seasons tv money there to pay any compensation 

Chuck Berry
3 minutes ago, TheGoodLord said:

The SPFL don't have spare cashing sloshing around, what is brought in is paid out to clubs.

36 minutes ago, kila said:

This is Celtic's day? Wtf :laugh:

Imagine celebrating a 'league win' in these circumstances. Quite sad really...

Don't look up Motherwell then...balloons, streamers and party hats out.

brunoatemyhamster
32 minutes ago, jambo007 said:

Thats why they have called this too early , I agree with you , the cost could be ridiculous ...£5 or 6 M

The best way to protect the most teams was to reconstruct. 

16 teams would have seen the most teams safe. 

If your not in the Premier, your not guaranteed to have a penny coming in. 

There's a high chance only the a premier league will be running up here until crowds are allowed back in. 

We are Fxxxed. 

They have not acted with care to the members. 

If we're going out, I want us to take as many with us as possible. 

And remember, this is what THEY wanted. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )