SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

132goals1958
1 minute ago, stuart500 said:

If we lose we are well and truly fecked. Huge gamble to go to court but huge gamble not to.

Personally would rather bow out fighting than meekly surrender. I suspect most will feel the same.

Lots of us will be happy to provide funding in addition to the monthly pledge.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

3 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

If we lose we are well and truly fecked. Huge gamble to go to court but huge gamble not to.

Personally would rather bow out fighting than meekly surrender. I suspect most will feel the same.

As long as the club has the funds to cover loses/damages then of course.  I wouldn’t expect court action to be a complete shoe in either otherwise the SPFL would be doing absolutely everything possible to push through reconstruction. 

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

It's a bit of a puzzler that the 3 games needed to finish the cup can be played, but the league playoffs couldn't. It's almost like some members of the SPFL board represent clubs who benefit directly from playoffs being scrapped.

🤔

The Leagues restarting aren’t dependent on cup ties. 

Kirky Jambo
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s very simple - we HAVE  to entertain it to stand any chance of winning a court case. 

Is this along the lines of having to exhaust all available remedies before going to court? Genuine question, I’ve no idea.

i see our statement as saying we use litigation as the threat to ensure recon talks go well. 

9 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

They can be the snakes, we’ll be the mongoose.

I like this phrase. I see me now using it in my life going forward. Bravo sir 👏

12 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I was referring to near the end of the statement but yes I see that I have had a nightmare with that one point taken I now have no problem with that statement 🙈

Ethan Hunt
28 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Yeah its our own fault.

This shambles will be a convienant distraction to many from our own failures. 

Irrespective of what league we are in now, these failings need addressed. We cannot continue of this shambolic path we have been on for a number of seasons.

I understand peoples desire for legal action I just don’t see us taking any or even fighting this, I’m afraid.

I take it a worldwide pandemic is included in that?

132goals1958
2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Chris McLaughlin on BBC news  after talking about us and our potential moves

"SPFL are keen to see this as Celtic's day"

The whole episode summed up right there.

Never mind FTH

**** THEM ALL !!

Who is the chairman. ? Honestly you could not make it up.

Maple Leaf
12 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Budge has already been tricked with reconstruction talks before so why go down that route again?  It has already been rejected.  We should’ve just went straight to court action this time.

We are far too ****ing soft.  Makes me think that we will only ever go as far as threatening legal action.

According to the statement, she's following legal advice.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, everton_jambo said:

Is this along the lines of having to exhaust all available remedies before going to court? Genuine question, I’ve no idea.

i see our statement as saying we use litigation as the threat to ensure recon talks go well. 

Why would that stop us going to court to challenge the validity of the original vote.

Just now, Newton51 said:

Is there any details on what the resolution is? Surely 14 team league

Yes, 14 team league - the 11 who have not been expelled from 2019/20 Premier plus Dundee United, Inverness CT and Dundee,

I can see that happening!

Hearts1975

Absolutely believe that we have to go to court but this will be to recover the best part of 3 million and more so the principle of being expelled when we could have easily stayed up if we played out 

I cannot see the decision being reversed by a court of law as there is no agreeable solution currently in the table and the courts don’t have the jurisdiction to create one 

we are between the devil and the deep blue sea where this is concerned 

If hitting them hard and fast in the pocket, causing a lot of pain and making a mockery of the SPFL is the only outcome then it is still worth doing. 

The Mercer Takeover

No problems with the statement. It simply states that it is crunch time and indicates legal action will follow should reconstruction not occur.

This must be a quick vote though. We must maintain momentum and allow planning for any future season.

Should reconstruction not happen imminently though, the following must happen to placate our long suffering supporters:

We have to come out all guns blazing and be as disruptive to football as humanly possible. 

We must not give a shit, no matter what damage we do to other teams.

We must state at club level, that we will not be accepting any away tickets for next season or cup ties, with the possible exception of a couple of clubs.

If the Scottish cup semi goes ahead, it should be boycotted by supporters to minimise the financial gain to the other clubs. We will have to play this with a squad setup for the Championship, so how is that fair on last season's Scottish Cup.

Most premiership clubs should be boycotted indefinitely.

Any attempts by the club maintain any relationship with Hibs must end immediately. They need to be put back inyo theur wee team box with full force.

Budge must stand down within 6 months, no matter how legal action plays out. To be bottom of the league even with 8 games to go, is simply unacceptable.

As many players as possible should be punted or contacts not renewed. Lots of clubs will be reducing squad sizes across the UK. There will be no shortage of players looking for clubs.

Edited by The Mercer Takeover

2 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Im pretty sure the other clubs will see similar too. 

brunoatemyhamster

Have we really got a choice? 

How are we going to survive with no TV money, no gate money? 

Anyone we can get rid off from the wage bill will have to go. 

Will any parachute payment even cover Naismiths wage? 

Do people really think the championship will happen next season?

No crowds = No income = No Hearts

We have to fight this. We are fxxxed either way! 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Spellczech
4 minutes ago, The Verminator said:

How would that work!!!

We forfeit our tie, Flumps get through only to be pumped by their big brother

Who says forfeit? We could refuse to play until it is safe to play - drag it out. If the Cup is not decided before the next league starts then surely it has to be voided? - cannot play 2 SCs in one season. After all this is the same reason the current league is not being completed...

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If we’re going to court we need to go it alone. We cannot get tied up in Rangers obsession with nine in a row

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think that would be up to the SPFL to resolve. 

Thanks, it would be nice to see them fighting like rats in a sack about it.

I just realised that the European place from the cup is given to forth place in the league.  So Hearts or Hibs could win the cup and not get the place,  Talk about rubbing salt into the wound.

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think that would be up to the SPFL to resolve. 

Thanks, it would be nice to see them fighting like rats in a sack about it.

17 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

It's a bit of a puzzler that the 3 games needed to finish the cup can be played, but the league playoffs couldn't. It's almost like some members of the SPFL board represent clubs who benefit directly from playoffs being scrapped.

🤔

The Cup isn't run by the SPFL its done by the SFA two different bodies 

22games nro
33 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

I broke my ankle today.....

As days go today is.....not that good.

is that you john souter 😎

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If we’re going to court we need to go it alone. We cannot get tied up in Rangers obsession with nine in a row

Having voted to end the season and crown Celtic champions , I suspect Rangers race is run

4 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Lots of us will be happy to provide funding in addition to the monthly pledge.

Absolutely. I fully intend to put what I can into this. Time once again to show our mettle.

Ethan Hunt
32 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I think the club's strategy is ill thought out here. We should have kicked off the legal action today and let the SPFL sort out the reconstruction proposal. The rejection of the notion of reconstruction without even examining the previous group's findings should have been the moment when we stepped away. We are simply not aggressive enough in our approach to this. 

Do you really not think that the way Ann Budge is progressing is not part of our legal advice? Legal teams develop a legal strategy as well as a legal case. I’ll trust the professionals on this.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

The Wrinkly Ninja
33 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

And how much time does that waste.

It allows the SPFL time to regroup and accepts our expulsion. We are now outside the SPL and a Championship club.

Being in the championship is the only place from which you can fight being expelled to the championship.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Will there be an asterisk engraved on the premiership trophy 🏆 this year? 

132goals1958
18 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

The club could be using relegation to now activate all the players contract clauses ASAP.  You live in hope. 

Would possibly be construed as tacit acceptance of relegation.  

3 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Yes, 14 team league - the 11 who have not been expelled from 2019/20 Premier plus Dundee United, Inverness CT and Dundee,

I can see that happening!

I wonder if Dundee are bumping their gums to the SPFL about being unhappy the way things have gone since they changed vote to YES and that's another reason reconstruction is back on the table

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What we want to see is everybody with an iron in the fire over this decision to raise separate action. That would tie them up in knots and cost them a small fortune to fight. Hopefully the others will be up for this.

Just now, rory78 said:

The Cup isn't run by the SPFL its done by the SFA two different bodies 

The SFA will be wanting their chance to kick us too.  Fining us and banning us if we refused to play semi-final etc.

Mind you, we probably need any income we can get from Cup.  Getting prize money withheld would be the last thing we need.  Major dilemma.

The Verminator
3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Who says forfeit? We could refuse to play until it is safe to play - drag it out. If the Cup is not decided before the next league starts then surely it has to be voided? - cannot play 2 SCs in one season. After all this is the same reason the current league is not being completed...

Aah sorry, yet again I mis-read something - I see what you mean, I thought you meant just pulling out of this year`s competition

2 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Have we really got a choice? 

How are we going to survive with no TV money, no gate money? 

Anyone we can get rid off from the wage bill will have to go. 

Do people really think the championship will happen next season?

No crowds = No income = No Hearts

We have to fight this. We are fxxxed either way! 

Thats why they have called this too early , I agree with you , the cost could be ridiculous ...£5 or 6 M

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The Leagues restarting aren’t dependent on cup ties. 

Yeah I was being a wee bit facetious, I don't doubt the probity of the SPFL board members for an instant.

The Verminator
1 minute ago, Still Tynie said:

Who gives a fcuk about there being an asterisk, there`s a much bigger problem to hand!

true-jambo
12 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Hope we refuse to finish the SC - then no triple triple for Celtic...

Unfortunately I suspect the SFA would award the tie to a team we habitually best.

Oh and charge us with bringing the game into disrepute🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Still Tynie said:

No chance. As far as the spfl are concerned the league is over and everything that means is fair. 

Edited by GinRummy

Jambo in Yorkshire

I wonder if the SPFL will “urge” members to vote for reconstruction?

They did “urge” the clubs to defeat the Rangers vote on an independent enquiry.

Lets see some leadership from them.

29 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There's a clever wee nuance in the statement.    We've mentioned that legal action will be costly... but we'll do it.

Costly.    For BOTH sides.

I am concerned that in the Part quote below AB has used the word "relegation" which IMHO should not have been used as it implies we accept that description of what is happening to us. 

However the cost to the club of relegation would outweigh these considerations.

3 minutes ago, Snedescu said:

I just realised that the European place from the cup is given to forth place in the league.  So Hearts or Hibs could win the cup and not get the place,  Talk about rubbing salt into the wound.

One of the many bribes offered to teams in return for voting yes. Motherwell got third place so Europe plus prize money despite Aberdeen still being able to catch them and Aberdeen were given the cup place which might get them in at a later qualifying round. 

NaturalOrder74
17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s very simple - we HAVE  to entertain it to stand any chance of winning a court case. 

Aye I get that, I just would have thought that ship has steady sailed

No longer active
6 minutes ago, Snedescu said:

Exactly - Nothing worth playing for - we should clear the squad of time-wasters now and prepare for the future - saving cash so we can slot in where we should be when Killie or St J go bust

heartsfc_fan

Disappointing news. But not surprised the slightest.

We must fight this now.

Why does this season's Scottish Cup need to be finished next season? If its not going to affect European places it should be postponed until Hearts are back in the same league we were in when the competition started. 

This should be our argument if we are unfairly weakened by being in the championship.

The Future's Maroon

Someone just text me to say the wee team are fuming as they have been put down to 7th...meaning less prize money, if true...good, **** them.

The Verminator
3 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I am concerned that in the Part quote below AB has used the word "relegation" which IMHO should not have been used as it implies we accept that description of what is happening to us. 

However the cost to the club of relegation would outweigh these considerations.

To be fair, I think if she had have used "expelled" or such-like, she would have left herself open to ridicule from other teams

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )