SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

The Ibrox club say their objectives are to ensure no club is worse off as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic and to inject "new finance" into the "vulnerable" lower leagues to improve standards.

Furthermore, Rangers say they want to achieve the "freshness" that reconstruction would bring while making sure "the pyramid is respected" and keeping each club's share of prize-money distribution the same.

Another plank is to tackle the "player transition challenge" with a "menu" of options for different-sized clubs ranging from B teams to the existing loan agreements and reserve league.

All give a massive shout to the saviours of Scottish football.

You actually couldnt write this shit. As the proposal wasnt put forward by a woman and it feeds the trough then it has a good chance of passing

They wrote that shit though didn't they. Scum. Always have been, always will be.

5 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

So in the 18 bottom league is rangers and celtic B teams?   Who cares.  We won't be playing them. 

Not fussed about the Old Firm hoovering up even more of the youth talent?

This will only make Scottish football even more Old Firm dominated. They can give young players a deal no one else can. And they'll slap on 'sell on fees' to them all.

**** that.

Hungry hippo
1 minute ago, Jambo66 said:

I care. It's corrupt. Nothing more, nothing less. "We will only vote for a reconstruction that means that we get something to benefit us"

I think almost all 42 clubs have shown massive self interest during this so unusually I don't really blame the Old Firm for this one.

And of course the only bottom league games on telly all season will be live footage of the “colts derby” and billed as the 2nd biggest game of the season in Scotland. 

Heartsmad1874
5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Hearts would be allowed to place a Colts Team in Lowland League.

For a admission fee of 25K. Some interesting points that will have lower league clubs chomping at the bit.

Rangers and Celtic B teams can only get promoted as high as the Championship;

Their players will have an age limit of 21; 

The Old Firm will purchase at least 200 tickets at a cost of £15 for each away game, with the money paid in advance;

They will also pay £1000 to stream each of those matches, should facilities be in place

Other Premiership clubs can apply to have 'B' teams starting in the Highland and Lowland leagues - replacing Kelty and Brora - with a joining fee of £25,000;

Alternatively, they could forge strategic partnerships with lower-league outfits that would allow up to six players, plus one coach to be loaned by the Premiership club;

Those partnerships would have a minimum three-year commitment and would cease if the lower-league club reaches the top flight.

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

An alternative view of having the Bigot Brothers colt teams playing in L2 is that most of their young players will not be good enough to get anywhere near their first teams ..... but their experience of playing senior football in L2 probably makes them decent signing targets for Champ and Premier teams.  Not the worst outcome I'd suggest. 

I'd suggest that the idea that Sevco are proposing this for any reason other than to benefit them suggests you've not been following Scottish football for any part of the last 150 years.

This is all about them and absolutely nothing else.

The Verminator
3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

The Ibrox club say their objectives are to ensure no club is worse off as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic and to inject "new finance" into the "vulnerable" lower leagues to improve standards.

Furthermore, Rangers say they want to achieve the "freshness" that reconstruction would bring while making sure "the pyramid is respected" and keeping each club's share of prize-money distribution the same.

Another plank is to tackle the "player transition challenge" with a "menu" of options for different-sized clubs ranging from B teams to the existing loan agreements and reserve league.

All give a massive shout to the saviours of Scottish football.

You actually couldnt write this shit. As the proposal wasnt put forward by a woman and it feeds the trough then it has a good chance of passing

I didnt think it was possible to get any angrier but these sectarian mutants have taken that to another level. I want both of them to **** off far into the distance, not bring another set of knuckledraggers to the table - just **** right off

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, Jambo66 said:

The purpose of the proposed reconstruction is to right the wrong perpetrated by the SPFL and its member clubs and to ensure that no club is unfairly punished as a direct result of a worldwide pandemic.

It's purpose is not to provide a benefit to the 2 most self-entitled, selfish, greedy teams in Scotland. They should be told to f@#k right off.

Yes that’s what the driver is but reconstruction had to/has to happen anyway. 

Most businesses are using this time to future proof themselves and make changes. Scottish football has used it it to become more insular and dismissive of change.

Hopefully we are at a turning point.

Again I’m not for Colts just for the OF but if it was open to all clubs that it’s feasible for I think it’s a good thing.

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

I think almost all 42 clubs have shown massive self interest during this so unusually I don't really blame the Old Firm for this one.

But this is additional self interest. They've already been all about self interest throughout this shitfest. Now they want more.

Randy Marsh
8 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

As long as we are in Premier League I'll take it 😂

Pretty much.  Not that bothered.  Happens in most other countries in Europe. 

2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

For a admission fee of 25K. Some interesting points that will have lower league clubs chomping at the bit.

The Old Firm will purchase at least 200 tickets at a cost of £15 for each away game, with the money paid in advance;

They will also pay £1000 to stream each of those matches, should facilities be in place

Other Premiership clubs can apply to have 'B' teams starting in the Highland and Lowland leagues - replacing Kelty and Brora - with a joining fee of £25,000;

Alternatively, they could forge strategic partnerships with lower-league outfits that would allow up to six players, plus one coach to be loaned by the Premiership club;

Those partnerships would have a minimum three-year commitment and would cease if the lower-league club reaches the top flight.

Here's another suggestion. Hearts and Hibs can have colts teams in League 2 and Celtic and Sevco can start off in the Lowland League. Any problem with that?

Back to 2005

It also gives them a team on Scotland as well as the chance to move to whatever other country would put up with them.

For a team that's never epn an major trophy rangers have a lot to say for themselves. 

Edited by Back to 2005

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Some of you seemed to be surprised that when all’s said and done, the winners from this will be the old firm

You should write a letter of protest to Doncaster, get the proposal binned and then you can go back to whining about how pointless this all is and how AB will lose in court.:thumb:

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Some of you seemed to be surprised that when all’s said and done, the winners from this will be the old firm

Well Celtic were already the winners. We were wondering what Rangers would gain after their failed independent enquiry to try remove the 'pro-Celtic' balance of our Glasgow FA overloads.

Once again Celtic and Sevco buying Scottish football. Petrified that a philanthropist might actually assist Scottish football without wanting something for himself.

Corrupt to the core.

Jamboelite
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You should write a letter of protest to Doncaster, get the proposal binned and then you can go back to whining about how pointless this all is and how AB will lose in court.:thumb:

Tremendous 👍🏼

Nookie Bear
22 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

5C6A834E-AB81-48CF-9A47-66B1FFE5D64E.jpeg

So, having threatened to bring down Scottish football because celtic were too dominant, they are now happy to fall back in bed with them to come up with this one again?

5 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

So the Old Firm colts could be topping the Championship each season?

:facepalm:

This is where James Anderson's money needs to be used to stop Old Firm corruption and bribery. Their plan doesn't help Scottish football in the long run, it erodes it while they gain.

Hungry hippo
1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

Pretty much.  Not that bothered.  Happens in most other countries in Europe. 

Yeah, I don't care either. The Old Firm are an irrelevant side show these days to anyone who supports other teams these days. 10 in a row etc is just meaningless due to the gulf in finances.

Lone Striker
3 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

I'd suggest that the idea that Sevco are proposing this for any reason other than to benefit them suggests you've not been following Scottish football for any part of the last 150 years.

This is all about them and absolutely nothing else.

Of course it is - yes.   Can you really blame them for spotting an opportunity to pour some money down through the leagues in return for some benefit ?   Its the sort of stuff Donkey and the other tinpot directors would never have thought of, despite their alleged purpose of promoting Scottish football.   Like it or not, the OF run everything - and always have done, one way or another - and probably always will.       Put it another way, what alternative is being realistically suggested  by anyone else?

Jamboelite

Whats the bet Sportsound wax lyrical about how this is great for Scottish football and how its innovative and creative completely ignoring all that has gone on before.

i was desperate to stay in the premier at all costs but jesus im actually speechless....

Edited by Jamboelite

Of course it is - yes.   Can you really blame them for spotting an opportunity to pour some money down through the leagues in return for some benefit ?   Its the sort of stuff Donkey and the other tinpot directors would never have thought of, despite their alleged purpose of promoting Scottish football.   Like it or not, the OF run everything - and always have done, one way or another - and probably always will.       Put it another way, what alternative is being realistically suggested  by anyone else?

Uhm, James Anderson?

Philanthropists willing to throw millions at Scottish football for years to come.

No Old Firm boaby required.

1 minute ago, kila said:

So the Old Firm colts could be topping the Championship each season?

:facepalm:

This is where James Anderson's money needs to be used to stop Old Firm corruption and bribery. Their plan doesn't help Scottish football in the long run, it erodes it while they gain.

Or they could not.

Honestly , the state of some folk on here , there is a glimmer of recon. 

Jamboelite
1 minute ago, Skiba said:

What happens if Sevco draw Sevco Colts in one of the cups.

They cant they dont participate in cup competitions.

JamboGraham
1 minute ago, Skiba said:

What happens if Sevco draw Sevco Colts in one of the cups.

They play the tie...happens in other countries...

south morocco
Just now, Jamboelite said:

Whats the bet Sportsound wax lyrical about how this is great for Scottish football and how its innovative and creative completely ignoring all that has gone on before.

i was desperate to stay in the premier at all costs but jesus im actually speechless....

The narrative will be solely in how innovative this will be and hearts have benefited thanks to this new proposal.Makes me sick.

chrisyboy7
13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No it will be us and maybe further down the line we will.have a colt team too. But if this helps is the get it done.ffs

Like it or not,   it would generate money for clubs and help raise the standard a bit.    Hearts,   Hibs,   Aberdeen and others could follow later.

Doctor FinnBarr
13 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

An alternative view of having the Bigot Brothers colt teams playing in L2 is that most of their young players will not be good enough to get anywhere near their first teams ..... but their experience of playing senior football in L2 probably makes them decent signing targets for Champ and Premier teams.  Not the worst outcome I'd suggest. 

So, not good enough for the Uglies but good enough for the rest of us? Away and run up yer ain ribs.

Not punishing teams because of a worldwide pandemic. Simple.

Have no problem with the OF proposal. I've backed B teams for a while. As long as everyone else can enter them in the pyramid scheme then I'm game. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Or they could not.

Honestly , the state of some folk on here , there is a glimmer of recon. 

You think the Old Firm colts won't eventually be romping the Championship? Age cap of 21 won't make a difference. We'll see the usual refereeing oddities too... we already saw that recently with James Keatings 'dive' against Rangers colts in the Challenge Cup! :laugh:

Honestly, the naivety of some on here! Recon not worth it if Old Firm colts get in. Let's just go to court and get our millions and do the Championship instead.

2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

"Old Firm clubs push through THEIR recon ideas to fend of Hearts bribe". 

Big Dick will be all over it, Packy will be tumescent & Chick will probably spontaneously combust in an orgiastic finale while Willie Miller is put on suicide watch. 

Just another day really. 

The Verminator
2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I`m in the same boat as you, just utterly gob-smacked.

What happens in three seasons time as it`s most likely their Colt teams will be top two each season.  Will they just walk away (pardon the pun), if so, who replaces them? Just when you thought the whole situation couldn`t get any more farcical!!

Captain Canada
9 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

If we remain in the top flight I couldn't care less 

That's what I think too. 

Edited by Captain Canada

WorldChampions1902
44 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There are hibs fans threatening to turn their back on Scottish football I’d we stay up. 🤣 the lol level is ramping up to 11. 

Delicious! 

This is the sort of dodgy decisions the Old Firm colts are already getting! And the SFA even denied the appeal at first! :rofl:

chrisyboy7
9 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

If we remain in the top flight I couldn't care less 

Spot on and the small clubs in the lower league will get s windfall that will help them survive 

This was always going to happen.

We can’t vote against it as doing so would severely weaken our argument of loss in court. Objective No 1 achieved as we stay in the top league but the fact that the old firm win really sticks in the back of my throat.

Old firm colt teams could make it easier for us to get our players out on loan at other lower league clubs 

ANN BUDGE'S 14-14-14 reconstruction plan is officially dead.

PFL clubs have now been given until noon on Tuesday to respond to the Hearts owner's proposal.

Hearts chief Ann Budge's reconstruction plans have collapsedCredit: SNS Group

But Forfar Athletic yesterday became the sixth League 1/2 club to publicly reject it.

Budge would need the support of at least 15 out of 20 lower league clubs - meaning it definitely won't go to a vote.

Cowdenbeath, Cove Rangers, Peterhead, Elgin City and Clyde previously said they were against the plans.

Championship clubs are also expected to block Budge's bid - with the Hearts' hopes of avoiding the drop now doomed.

It leaves Daniel Stendel's future unclearCredit: PA:Press Association

The Jambos could play next season at Murrayfield along with Hibs after both clubs were offered the use of the home of rugby to host their matches during the 2020/21 campaign.

Both clubs could face vastly reduced crowds whenever fans are allowed back into stadiums due to strict social distancing rules that would slash stadium capacities.

But BT Murrayfield has a capacity of over 67,000 making it over three times the size of Tynecastle and Easter Road, both able to hold just over 20,000.

Hearts have used the home of Scottish rugby in the past, playing four times in the 17/18 season while refurbishment works took place at Tynecastle.

BUDDIES BID Celtic goalkeeper Craig Gordon targeted by St Mirren as Buddies make bold bid to sign Scotland ace

In the four games they played, they picked up a win, a draw and lost to both Rangers and Kilmarnock.

The SRU have suggested the national stadium can be a perfect venue to host both football and rugby once given the green light to return to action.

Keep up to date with ALL the latest news and transfers at the Scottish Sun football page

Take a look a back at Fabio Paim who was once thought of as better than Cristiano Ronaldo

1 minute ago, kila said:

You think the Old Firm colts won't eventually be romping the Championship? Age cap of 21 won't make a difference. We'll see the usual refereeing oddities too... we already saw that recently with James Keatings 'dive' against Rangers colts in the Challenge Cup! :laugh:

Honestly, the naivety of some on here! Recon not worth it if Old Firm colts get in. Let's just go to court and get our millions and do the Championship instead.

Now that you put it like that...

Worthing Jambo
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

😀😀😀😀😀

North Star for a pint ?

A pint stale ale?

I thought you’d moved away.

Not seen you in there for yonks!

Randy Marsh
5 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Yeah, I don't care either. The Old Firm are an irrelevant side show these days to anyone who supports other teams these days. 10 in a row etc is just meaningless due to the gulf in finances.

I honestly think the gap will narrow between the Old Firm and the rest in a 14 team league.  After 26 matches the top 6 could be very tight which would then make the last 10 matches after the split really interesting.  It's not ideal them having colts but it will have to do if it ensures our top flight status. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )