SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

I think @Saughton Jambo could benefit from some way of putting flair on his posts which indicates whether he is posting with his "ITK" hat on or his "I'm just posting as a normal poster" hat on. :D I suspect his most recent post on the bet was posted with the latter hat on.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Just now, Saughton Jambo said:

I’ll put my head above the parapet and it’s there to be shot at. I don’t give false information or hope for that matter.  I just wanted to wish all jambos a good weekend this week as next weekend I’m sure we’ll be on the champagne. ...and take a nibble on that bet if you can find a bookie. Best odds will be tomorrow and definitely  before the middle of next week. I’m signing out till Wednesday now. 
FTH 

One of the few posters on here who I wouldn't question when they make statements as even when they turn out to be wrong I know the info was given in good faith and things change.

Yer a fecking tease though. 😁

Selkirkhmfc1874
23 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Do you know if there’s a bookie that will take a bet on Hearts to finish in the top 4 in the premiership this new season and make Europe next year mate? Would be great odds imo! 

Fair odds I would think mate but not sure I'd be putting a bet on it tbh ! Hopefully Doncaster and sky get there way but looking increasingly unlike it with stubborn clubs not looking at the bigger picture 

3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’ll put my head above the parapet and it’s there to be shot at. I don’t give false information or hope for that matter.  I just wanted to wish all jambos a good weekend this week as next weekend I’m sure we’ll be on the champagne. ...and take a nibble on that bet if you can find a bookie. Best odds will be tomorrow and definitely  before the middle of next week. I’m signing out till Wednesday now. 
FTH 

Good lord. Just when I thought I was out, you pull me back in.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Fair odds I would think mate but not sure I'd be putting a bet on it tbh ! Hopefully Doncaster and sky get there way but looking increasingly unlike it with stubborn clubs not looking at the bigger picture 

oooooooft a bit of difference of opinion between you and SJ

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

FTH 

Oh well, waiting for tomorrow's news and then after that, another week of wfh then checking here after 5. Can't be refreshing thread every hour or can't get work done.

Tennant's  6's
7 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

FTH 

🤞 music to my ears SJ

Edited by Tennant's 6's

Fxxx the SPFL

if the votes are in by five surely Dungcaster can come out and say what the vote is unless he's phoning a particular club and saying are you sure it's a no

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Billybuffjaw said:

Since when have Rantic ever had a duty of care to it's members? It's been dog eat dog since the top division dropped to 10 in 1975. I  include ourselves Abedeen and Hibs in this too. 

Aye, but it's in black and white. 

We'd need to prove otherwise and show that they are all arseholes. 

hughesie27
Just now, **** the SPFL said:

if the votes are in by five surely Dungcaster can come out and say what the vote is unless he's phoning a particular club and saying are you sure it's a no

No vote is taking place.

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

One of the few posters on here who I wouldn't question when they make statements as even when they turn out to be wrong I know the info was given in good faith and things change.

Yer a fecking tease though. 😁

I wasn’t wrong about the Edinburgh derby at Murrayfield this season. A few posters got that scoop with a pm over one week ago 

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

PM me 

Drumelzier
Just now, Saughton Jambo said:

I wasn’t wrong about the Edinburgh derby at Murrayfield this season. A few posters got that scoop with a pm over one week ago 

:pray:

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

No vote is taking place.

i thought that the premier league teams had to vote by 5pm tonight

I imagine there is more than enough bargaining power in Hearts favour to force action.

Ultimately if they expel us and leave us with the financial burden instead of sharing it, then Hearts are clearly not welcome in the Scottish leagues. Maybe there is somewhere else more welcoming?

As for the TV deal - it is clearly in Sky's interest for Hearts to be in the top league.

Then there is the court action should the SPFL opt to stick their fingers up at us.

Tennant's  6's
6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well if stubborn clubs remain stubborn then get court action started pronto..

It's like a bloody soap opera this..

Just now, **** the SPFL said:

No just give an indication of if they are Yes or No and how much of a bribe would be required to change their mind.

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, gnasher75 said:

No just give an indication of if they are Yes or No and how much of a bribe would be required to change their mind.

ah okay backhanders then

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

No just to give there views by 5pm tonight 

hughesie27
4 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

You thought wrong then.

Jambos1983

English said news tomorrow and things should settle down next week. He then said or maybe not. So either he means reconstruction is agreed and the maybe not refers to upset hibs fans. Or there is no reconstruction and we're going to court but that doesn't indicate things settling down to me

chrisyboy7
1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

ah okay backhanders then

This basically mean that the SPFL want this to happen and will try to persuade some clubs to go with it. Why else would they do this...

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, chrisyboy7 said:

This basically mean that the SPFL want this to happen and will try to persuade some clubs to go with it. Why else would they do this...

Spfl do want reconstruction as does sky

Guest ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

It’s pathetic. Looking for any reason to dismiss a proposal because it’s simply too much effort to deal with it. 

But expel Hearts to a league that may not even take place? **** yeah, let’s get that vote sorted pronto. 

Exactly. Clubs rejecting reconstruction because they *might* get relegated (fairly after a whole season) into fully functional leagues in a few years but it's fine for Hearts to be demoted after 2/3 of a season into a league not playing.

brunoatemyhamster

All killing time to get closer to the kick off date. 

Sooner were in court, the better. 

chrisyboy7
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Spfl do want reconstruction as does sky

They should make this public then and make the clubs stopping it look daft

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

CORRECT

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry not caught up with that yet

There is info earlier in the thread.

chrisyboy7
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Your dam right it was illegal. The same for any team in any league in world football 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Massive news. Scotland could end up on its own as the country making the biggest mess of this whole thing, which was the situation we all predicted months ago of course.

The odds on reconstruction must just have just shortened considerably. SPFL chairman currently sitting with faces like soor plums and squeaky bums all over the shop as they face having to make a massive turn and look even more ridiculous than they have already. Beautiful.

Edited by ToqueJambo

true-jambo
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

English thinks there will be big news tomorrow from something "bubbling in the background".

Maybe we are gearing up for court.

Or one or more SPFL club can't commit to starting training and be ready for the new season

55 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but,  do the clubs that don’t want the  14 - 10 - 10 - 10. not have to come up with what they think would solve the dilemma.  They can’t just dismiss it out of hand without coming up with an alternative solution.

Most of them think demoting Hearts IS the solution! 😏

Tennant's  6's
9 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Yep, I hope that Budge has made it perfectly clear that she's not bluffing and court action will commence should these clowns not see sense and do the right thing by all the clubs

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

No bait being taken here, she was spot on then and she is now - as has been proven over the last few weeks. 

Hope she is sending in a labour bill at the end of all this.

chrisyboy7
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Massive news. Scotland could end up on its own as the country making the biggest mess of this whole thing, which was the situation we all predicted months ago of course.

We will surely be in the top league as where will the SPFL get the million s to pay us and any other club that's been demoted 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, Drumelzier said:

Relegation in Belgium has been ruled illegal by the 'competition authority' (whatever they are)

They're most likely smart decent people who understand the ramifications of relegation in sports due to covid and not sporting integrity.

Unfortunately they're probably most likely Belgian and not Neil Doncaster.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )