SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Point the camera in the opposite direction and this is the view. 

38f7c69e8f2e7824697334593662a07c.jpg

I thought that was a " black life's matter" broadcast 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

August Landmesser
57 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Theyve just come up with a new reconstruction plan.

Moving from a 26-6 set-up to 32-0?

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

It is absolutely mind blowing when you think back now we know this. Clubs completely misled and the Dundee vote corruption.  

Always presented as clubs wanted cash paid out and to give them certainty. Well you were never getting certainty and the Forfar chairman made it clear the amount of money for the lower leagues still to be paid was tiny. 

So why the rush to end the season? Abundantly clear now that Celtic were behind this, what other explanation could there possibly be?

It’s surely another very strong piece of evidence to add to our legal challenge,  irrespective of whether Celtic were behind it (I don’t think they were, and it was all about protecting the new tv deal).

Please, please, please someone hack the phone call over the weekend when Lawwell phones Dempster to tell her to change her vote or no more Celtic to Hibs favours....

18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s absolutely incredible. Never known the fat, bad suit brigade that make up the spfl chairmen to be so quiet. 

It can’t be easy working out how to word an announcement that is going to make Twitter explode with impotent fury. 

I hope. 

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What’s more disgusting is not that they did this but that they’ve completely got away with it!

Probably.

Because the numpties who have been doing all the sneering and giggling at us, don't have the courage to ask why this information wasn't given, honestly, as it should have been. Much easier to use phrases like,

Hearts deserve to down

In football there are always winners and losers

Budge is only fighting this through self interest 

It's a shame for Partick Thistle and Stranraer 

Congratulations to Celtic

The clubs voted for it

However, it's probably one of the strongest points Hearts have for any legal case. Omission of the real facts in a document designed to result in an outcome that certain people on the SPFL board desired.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s surely another very strong piece of evidence to add to our legal challenge,  irrespective of whether Celtic were behind it (I don’t think they were, and it was all about protecting the new tv deal).

I've never really bought the 9 in a row chat. I think that is massively important to the Celtic fanbase, but to the owners of the club it's about Champions League money.

Calling the season early guaranteed (as they saw it), Champions League football next season and the ridiculous amounts of money that earns them - even when they fail.

That keeps Sevco at arms length for at least another year.

Just now, Tazio said:

It can’t be easy working out how to word an announcement that is going to make Twitter explode with impotent fury. 

I hope. 

There are hibs fans threatening to turn their back on Scottish football I’d we stay up. 🤣 the lol level is ramping up to 11. 

Hungry hippo

Firstly, not sure why colt teams are still being discussed given the poster who is ITK on this just said that will definitely not happen. 

Secondly, if I was the SPFL I'd overcome the issue of division over how to restructure by having two linked votes (assuming this is within the rules).

As the threshold to change anything is so high it will be ridiculously difficult to get enough teams to vote for any one proposal. Assuming realisation sets in and teams are sufficiently terrified of getting destroyed in court I'd expect they would soonbe agreeable to an initial vote (at the 11-1 etc criteria) that they agree to restructure.

This would be on the basis that there would then be a subsequent vote between 2 or 3 pre-agreed restructure options on a first past the post basis.

Not sure if the above is allowable within the rules but makes sense to me and may be in all teams interest as impasse suits no-one unless they are happy to go to court.

Edited by Hungry hippo

22 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The Sky and BT refunds were the major omissions from the information given to the clubs before the Good Friday vote. Some think this was to make sure the vote was carried, so that Celtic could have their asterisk title asap. The suggestion being, that had the clubs known there would need to be a refund of this kind, they wouldn't have voted to end the season. The clubs were only told that making the season null and void may result in the prize money having to be given back to Sky and BT.

We don't think Doncaster, and his mates, would have done that, surely?

So let's get this straight. 

It has cost us £8.5 million quid - plus potential £3-4 millon to compensate the relegated teams, all to award Celtic the title?

That's absolute ****ing corruption. MacLennan and Lawell's mitts all over this (particularly notable that before his came out, Celtic said they would only foot a share of any liabilities).

We could restart the season in August and avoid these losses. FML. What an absolute ****ing farce. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

There are hibs fans threatening to turn their back on Scottish football I’d we stay up. 🤣 the lol level is ramping up to 11. 

Lol con 11, 😂😂love it.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

A threat as impotent as most hibs fans and certainly about as likely as a Hibs title challenge. 

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

So let's get this straight. 

It has cost us £8.5 million quid - plus potential £3-4 millon to compensate the relegated teams, all to award Celtic the title?

That's absolute ****ing corruption. MacLennan and Lawell's mitts all over this (particularly notable that before his came out, Celtic said they would only foot a share of any liabilities).

We could restart the season in August and avoid these losses. FML. What an absolute ****ing farce. 

All to ensure champions League football more like.

Italian Lambretta
7 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Moving from a 26-6 set-up to 32-0?

Aye if they got their way. 

However, I say Never Never Never 😉

Once this shit fest is over will someone please propose

2 senior professional leagues.

No plastic in top league

Regionalised pyramid system below that.

Promotion is not mandatory to the senior leagues if clubs don't want to or can't meet the criteria.

Colt clubs are permitted in the pyramid structure, but must start at the bottom and can't be promoted to senior leagues.

32 team knockout league cup.

Edited by DETTY29

Glamorgan Jambo

Agree with the comment about the whole fiasco being managed to guarantee Selleck a decent crack at Champions League money. Quickly secure the qualifying slot and then get up and playing games pronto as the European qualifiers will start pretty quickly given that we're the last country in Europe to come out of lockdown. Lawwell says very little but has placemen everywhere including the Hamilton chairman.

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

Doncaster should be up in court for fraud.

Just as well he’s not done anything to merit an independent inquiry. 😏

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Once this shit fest is over will someone please propose

2 senior professional leagues.

No plastic in top league

Regionalised pyramid system below that.

Promotion is not mandatory to the senior leagues if clubs don't want to or can't meet the criteria.

Colt clubs are permitted in the pyramid structure, but must start at the bottom and can't be promoted to senior leagues.

If you are going to have colt teams (which I completely oppose), I take it that players would only move between first team and colts team during transfer windows?

Celtic bought a title and the other clubs were not told that they would be paying for it.    Every one of them is petrified to talk about it.    Maybe they still don't realise or care.    Let's hope they haven't stopped paying for Celtic's title.    

1 minute ago, Jambo66 said:

If you are going to have colt teams (which I completely oppose), I take it that players would only move between first team and colts team during transfer windows?

In Germany I’m sure they are in the b team all season and can only be promoted at end of season , to prevent them unfairly warping 

results I’d assume 

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

5C6A834E-AB81-48CF-9A47-66B1FFE5D64E.jpeg

And there you have it. Watch the situation sort itself out very quickly now the top 2 have thrown their demands in.

Italian Lambretta
Just now, gashauskis9 said:

And there you have it. Watch the situation sort itself out very quickly now the top 2 have thrown their demands in.

And another 4 live games for sky to cover

Just now, gashauskis9 said:

There it is. The tin pot clubs get their bribe  : games against the Gruesome Twosome. 

5 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Its a fair assumption.

Remember colts teams can't be promoted to top 2 leagues or participate in Scottish and League Cups.

Jamboelite

So ignoring the farce of a resolution and the Dundee vote kicking this all off...oh and a league reconstruction plan no one read.

In more recent times we have.....

Belgian courts have noting relegation was for the financial gain of other clubs and likely to overturn.

French courts have asked the association why league reconstruction was not taken and likely to overturn.

There was a liability overhead from Sky which wasnt declared at the initial resolution other than if null and void was noted.

Clubs outwith the Premier cant train and some clubs even in the Premier might not have the cash for the testing.

Some clubs cant afford to play BCD For next season.

We dont have a guaranteed start date for football.

Clubs will have to come off furlough when training starts and again are cash strapped.

We dont have a league sponsor.

BT are still due money.

Oh and a certain football club are waiting in the wings to crucify the SPFL.

In the meantime a fat arsed Ayr chairman talks about how Hearts deserved to get relegated and another says 2 years for reconstruction is good and 5 is bad.

Rome burns........

ToadKiller Dog
1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Shock the two arse cheeks looking to take advantage of the situation to flog this idea again .

Biffa Bacon
1 hour ago, Jambo66 said:

A better idea is fewer senior clubs. Allowing the bigot brothers to have teams playing senior football simply strengthens them. It cannot possibly benefit any other teams in Scottish football.

If they're not allowed to play in the cups or win promotion, I've got a great idea. Why don't they play in the reserve league? Oh yes, because they decided not to bother because the standard isn't high enough.

Put them into senior football and they will want a share of prize money as well no doubt.

They will probably asking for an extra share of JA's donation too 😂

The Verminator
1 hour ago, Rods said:

I thought it would be someone like Brechin in. This is even better 14-10-10-10 anyone.

The boy who copied and pasted that prediction to Hibs.net could have a red face oh wait he is a hobo so used to red faces at the hands of Hearts

Tick Tock Hiesenberg 

He may have been right, which is a first!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52941423

Lord Beni of Gorgie
32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The dutch colt teams are a recent addition when some of the small teams started going under, I don't know that there's been any noticeable upturn because of it. 

You read about guys like Lewis Moore having poor loans. 

Keeping these guys together has to be beneficial for players and clubs alike 

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

So ignoring the farce of a resolution and the Dundee vote kicking this all off...oh and a league reconstruction plan no one read.

Belgian courts have noting relegation was for the financial gain of other clubs and likely to overturn.

French courts have asked the association why league reconstruction was not taken and likely to overturn.

There was a liability overhead from Sky which wasnt declared at the initial resolution other than if null and void was noted.

Clubs outwith the Premier cant train and some clubs even in the Premier might not have the cash for the testing.

Clubs will have to come off furlough when training starts and again are cash strapped.

BT are still due money.

In the meantime a fat arsed Ayr chairman talks about how Hearts deserved to get relegated and another says 2 years for reconstruction is good and 5 is bad.

Rome burns........

And if someone said back in April

14-10-10-10 for 3 to 5 years, virtually all would have agreed outside of Rangers.

Smoked-Glass

So in the 18 bottom league is rangers and celtic B teams?   Who cares.  We won't be playing them. 

Jamboelite
6 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Sporting integrity etc etc etc hahaha

2 clubs whistle shouting “here boy” and 40 chairman come over wagging their tails.

So AB does a hige amount of work and these ****ers come to take credit by getting what they want.

**** them let them have their colts they will get kicked upside down.

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

BT are still due money.

Rome burns........

You thought about being a scripter for Sky Sports News ? 👏🤣

9 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Why the f@#k should those two scumbag teams get a benefit? 

If they end up with this, it is nothing short of out and out corruption.

Should I be surprised if it happens? Of course not, but I am raging just the same.

Hopefully that gets chucked out the window quickly. Not only do we have too many 'professional' teams but the last thing we need is ****ing Old Firm colts.

Said earlier in the thread even their youth derbies are behind closed doors because of crowd trouble.

League reconstruction is all meant to be temporary so what happens to the colts?

Brighton Jambo
6 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

BT are still due money.

Rome burns........

What a good post.  When you see it all laid out like that it is mind blowing how this has been handled. 

JamboGraham

So the running total for ending the season early is...

£1.5m to Sky mortgaged against future seasons.

£7m in rights given to Sky for next season.

c.£3-4m compensation claim from Hearts.

TBC compensation claim from Partick/Stranraer (And Kelty/Brora?)

TBC refund to BT for undelivered Premiership matches.

TBC refund to BBC for undelivered Championship matches (or similar arrangement to Sky).

I wonder if Ladbrokes will be looking for a refund on their sponsorship as well...

Jamboelite

The Ibrox club say their objectives are to ensure no club is worse off as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic and to inject "new finance" into the "vulnerable" lower leagues to improve standards.

Furthermore, Rangers say they want to achieve the "freshness" that reconstruction would bring while making sure "the pyramid is respected" and keeping each club's share of prize-money distribution the same.

Another plank is to tackle the "player transition challenge" with a "menu" of options for different-sized clubs ranging from B teams to the existing loan agreements and reserve league.

All give a massive shout to the saviours of Scottish football.

You actually couldnt write this shit. As the proposal wasnt put forward by a woman and it feeds the trough then it has a good chance of passing

3 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

So in the 18 bottom league is rangers and celtic B teams?   Who cares.  We won't be playing them. 

I care. It's corrupt. Nothing more, nothing less. "We will only vote for a reconstruction that means that we get something to benefit us"

David McCaig
12 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Ironically 17 games x 200 people per game @ £20 per head =£51k per season to L2 sides

23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

One guy went as far as to say he would hand back his season ticket if he had one.

You can't get more militant than that.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Some of you seemed to be surprised that when all’s said and done, the winners from this will be the old firm

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Jambo66 said:

A better idea is fewer senior clubs. Allowing the bigot brothers to have teams playing senior football simply strengthens them. It cannot possibly benefit any other teams in Scottish football.

If they're not allowed to play in the cups or win promotion, I've got a great idea. Why don't they play in the reserve league? Oh yes, because they decided not to bother because the standard isn't high enough.

Put them into senior football and they will want a share of prize money as well no doubt.

An alternative view of having the Bigot Brothers colt teams playing in L2 is that most of their young players will not be good enough to get anywhere near their first teams ..... but their experience of playing senior football in L2 probably makes them decent signing targets for Champ and Premier teams.  Not the worst outcome I'd suggest. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )