SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Colts teams wouldn’t qualify for prize money, surely 

2 of them would.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

He seems to do more u turns than Borris Johnson. 

Yeah, but no, but yeah, but no. 

Was just thinking the same he is a real tosser. 

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Point the camera in the opposite direction and this is the view. 

38f7c69e8f2e7824697334593662a07c.jpg

Theyve just come up with a new reconstruction plan.

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Colts teams wouldn’t qualify for prize money, surely 

Is that how it’d work. Fair enough. 

Whilst McCormack is obviously reasonably business savvy, he doesn’t come across nearly as well as other club officials. His thought process when it comes to reconstruction appears somewhat illogical. He was also coaxed into looking like a bit of a fool on Sportsound when quizzed on the infamous vote. Not a man who copes well having to think on the spot. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I heard today that Celtic and Rangers also have their own versions of reconstruction that will be looked at by clubs next week, that include Kelty and Cove apparently.

I thought it would be someone like Brechin in. This is even better 14-10-10-10 anyone.

The boy who copied and pasted that prediction to Hibs.net could have a red face oh wait he is a hobo so used to red faces at the hands of Hearts

Tick Tock Hiesenberg 

8 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

That one intrigues me too.  A few months ago Doncaster was presenting it as "case closed" and running around saying that it didn't matter as his new Sky Sports deal was much better.  I'm far from sure about that.  I can't see either channel but I heard from several fans that the BT Sports presentation was much better than Sky irrespective of what was paid.

Sky paid £160M over 5 years,

Riccarton3
35 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Wow!  That really does hit the nail on the head from our own perspective.   Pretty much saying illegally excluded from the league to protect the finances of 'certain other clubs'.       You reading this Aberdeen,  Hibs, et al?    Sums it up for me!  This will decision and reasoning will surely land with the SPFL are other clubs.   Are they finally going to get it I wonder.....

Great to hear that from a Court. Perfect description of what has been done. Certain clubs should hang their heads in shame. The Covid (insert number)

gashauskis9
12 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Point the camera in the opposite direction and this is the view. 

38f7c69e8f2e7824697334593662a07c.jpg

The real SFA?

25 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Of course a Scottish court would agree. The clubs who don’t want reconstruction are very clear it’s about protecting their own finances at the expense of others. 

They’ve been stupid enough to mouth off in the media about this as well. 

Riccarton3
24 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Dave Cormack on sky sports twitter again saying wouldn't vote for change but sure its a clip from yesterday

Neither the 2 or 5 year proposals a re permanent ones, Dave.

hughesie27
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

I beg to differ.

SmartSelect_20200605-190056_Gallery.jpg

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Indeed. It's right there in the name. :D

Unknown user

I work nights and sleep during the day, so when I get to this thread there's pages and pages I cant be arsed going through. I've missed the sky thing, why are they getting a refund?

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I work nights and sleep during the day, so when I get to this thread there's pages and pages I cant be arsed going through. I've missed the sky thing, why are they getting a refund?

For the games that weren’t shown due to the league finishing early.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Because the season ended early and they didn’t get to show games on tv. They’re getting £1.5million back over 5 years. 

His name is

Not read back pages, but, if reconstruction now depends on colt clubs for the arse cheeks, I'd rather we played in the championship next season

Doctor FinnBarr
28 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

This is all looking rather promising. 
could be tremendous seeing the rats in Lochend seethe

Just seen the Radio Clyde phone in described as a "timplosion" on a FB page.

LarrysRightFoot
3 minutes ago, His name is said:

Not read back pages, but, if reconstruction now depends on colt clubs for the arse cheeks, I'd rather we played in the championship next season

I think Colt clubs joining the league set up is a good idea. Not just for those 2 though. 

Bull's-eye
1 hour ago, Worthing Jambo said:

I wondered where you keep disappearing to.😂

😀😀😀😀😀

North Star for a pint ?

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Time to get the toy cows out...

Those one's are far away......

9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm in a similar boat in that I miss pages of this thread and it's difficult to keep up with. I think it might possibly be down to not getting the full fixtures and the desired number of Old Firm matches. 

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Because the season ended early and they didn’t get to show games on tv. They’re getting £1.5million back over 5 years. 

BT then?

Just now, Smithee said:

BT then?

No news as yet. There was a suggestion in the press that they want 4.5 million back. 

Unknown user

Just now, GinRummy said:

No news as yet. There was a suggestion in the press that they want 4.5 million back. 

No, I mean the TV deal was with bt. Why do we owe sky money?

4 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I think Colt clubs joining the league set up is a good idea. Not just for those 2 though. 

The purpose of the proposed reconstruction is to right the wrong perpetrated by the SPFL and its member clubs and to ensure that no club is unfairly punished as a direct result of a worldwide pandemic.

It's purpose is not to provide a benefit to the 2 most self-entitled, selfish, greedy teams in Scotland. They should be told to f@#k right off.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

It was also with Sky.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Jambo66 said:

Very little could be more damaging to Scottish football than allowing colt teams. Absolutely stinking idea.

Spanish have done ok, for arguments sake, Holland though a better example. 

I'm not averse in truth 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The spfl had a tv deal with both last season. Not just bt.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just read that. If true it’s more straight up lies from the spfl.

So finishing the league cost 8.5 million in total. I don’t remember reading this mentioned in the original finish the league early chat.

This is another game changer.

I am now 100% confident of reconstruction with the Doncaster et al resignation cherry on top. 

how funny would it be if Rangers pushed for an asterisk 

Montgomery Brewster
14 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Time to get the toy cows out...

Lol Jim Duffy. He Ken’s more about bugger all than 10 men 😂

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The Sky and BT refunds were the major omissions from the information given to the clubs before the Good Friday vote. Some think this was to make sure the vote was carried, so that Celtic could have their asterisk title asap. The suggestion being, that had the clubs known there would need to be a refund of this kind, they wouldn't have voted to end the season. The clubs were only told that making the season null and void may result in the prize money having to be given back to Sky and BT.

We don't think Doncaster, and his mates, would have done that, surely?

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The spfl had a tv deal with both last season. Not just bt.

Ah ok, that's the missing bit, cheers

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm not averse in truth 

I know they have them in Spain but not sure what benefit it has brought to the league overall. It does allow teams like Barcelona to bleed young prospects who they may not have been able to hold onto otherwise. However I'm sure Espanyol or Getafe may have fancied a crack at signing Xavi and giving him first team football before selling him to Barcelona for millions. 

Edited by Anything2

The Verminator

Can remember if it was Selkirk or SJ saying "get your money on us being top four and in Europe next season. Well, I have some news on that betting front - logged onto my old Ladbrokes account and found £4.09 in it - result!

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Nothing been leaked so far. Very unusual

It’s absolutely incredible. Never known the fat, bad suit brigade that make up the spfl chairmen to be so quiet. 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm not averse in truth 

The dutch colt teams are a recent addition when some of the small teams started going under, I don't know that there's been any noticeable upturn because of it. 

1 hour ago, Jambo66 said:

A better idea is fewer senior clubs. Allowing the bigot brothers to have teams playing senior football simply strengthens them. It cannot possibly benefit any other teams in Scottish football.

If they're not allowed to play in the cups or win promotion, I've got a great idea. Why don't they play in the reserve league? Oh yes, because they decided not to bother because the standard isn't high enough.

Put them into senior football and they will want a share of prize money as well no doubt.

Reasonable points.

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The Sky and BT refunds were the major omissions from the information given to the clubs before the Good Friday vote. Some think this was to make sure the vote was carried, so that Celtic could have their asterisk title asap. The suggestion being, that had the clubs known there would need to be a refund of this kind, they wouldn't have voted to end the season. The clubs were only told that making the season null and void may result in the prize money having to be given back to Sky and BT.

What’s more disgusting is not that they did this but that they’ve completely got away with it!

12 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

It is absolutely mind blowing when you think back now we know this. Clubs completely misled and the Dundee vote corruption.  

Always presented as clubs wanted cash paid out and to give them certainty. Well you were never getting certainty and the Forfar chairman made it clear the amount of money for the lower leagues still to be paid was tiny. 

So why the rush to end the season? Abundantly clear now that Celtic were behind this, what other explanation could there possibly be?

Edited by hearts00

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Looking forward to life in the top flight next season. Also looking forward to the Lochend idiots making good on their threat of handing back season tickets etc. 😄

The one glimmer for Hibs is that returning a concessionary ticket won't cost them that much. :D

16 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Nothing been leaked so far. Very unusual

You would almost think they were all under threat from the Irish Mafia.  Wait a minute........!

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )