SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

2 hours ago, Rods said:

I think this has been alluded to already in one of Doncaster’s interviews. 

I am sure Doncaster mentioned potential EGM to sort things out. 

Meanwhile Budge gets shit from media/clubs for taking a frontline stance to fix things Doncaster/SFA/SPFL should be doing.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ross county now concerned about the lower divisions. 

Other than us, Partick and Stranraer, who they couldn’t give a shit about. 

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Ross County, St Mirren, Hamilton and Hibs will all vote no.

I would imagine that they see the risk as small that we will take the SPFL to court and even if we do that we wont win.

Would be interesting if clubs that said yes to recon turned on those that said no and told them to pay for the court action 

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I swear, if a premiership team goes bust I'll be going full Kevin Keegan and then some.

🥵🤬🙌

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ross county now concerned about the lower divisions. 

McGregor is little more than a hypocrite.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Other than us, Partick and Stranraer, who they couldn’t give a shit about. 

A wee change from last few weeks tho. 

GorgieRules22
16 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I would imagine that they see the risk as small that we will take the SPFL to court and even if we do that we wont win.

A

Although we will.

15 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

A

They may well do as what has been confirmed since March , if we didn't know it beforehand, is that club owners are not the brightest.  They have the choice.

2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Agreed.

As someone who doesn’t care what kind of school people went to, I am usually reluctant to mention anything like that. However, Celtic man though he may be, I think that Davie Provan is, what Celtic people would call, a non catholic. I doubt if he would have political views similar to most Celtic fans.

The contempt that Hearts fans have for Provan, was born of his outrageous play acting to get Willie Johnston sent of at Parkhead, way back in the early 80s. I’ve always felt that our open contempt for him is the reason that he, usually, has nothing good to say about us.

His opinion, in that article about the SPFL, is a refreshing change from the hostile and ill informed nonsense that many other pundits or “journalists” have followed their party line with. 
Credit where it’s due for an honest assessment of the mess Scottish football has been left in by the incompetence and skullduggery of the SPFL board and it’s small cabal of like minded clubs.

If he's the type of character to feign, resulting getting a player sent off, he will understand the Celtic agenda enough to try get support for Hearts reconstruction effort.  Where was all this support from the start remember, they all came out after it was concluded.

Marty Byrde

Wee diddy clubs don't want to save us or enlarge the league for fear of being one of the relegated two further down the line once the temp league reduces.

Even we won't be bottom when the plates stop spinning a second time.

Pure self interest, nothing more.

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

They may well do as what has been confirmed since March , if we didn't know it beforehand, is that club owners are not the brightest.  They have the choice.

If Hibs vote no we really need to focus our energies upon the eradication of the leith pandemic. Maybe Mr Trump can convince them of the benefits of bleach injections over skank. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Being able to play a full season will be the determining factor in how League's form. 

Extraordinary circumstances require extraordinary action 

Just listened to the podcast from today and Chic Dung making my blood boil with his "we need to draw a line under things and move on" chat.

Hagar the Horrible

Going to court will create a rift between Celtic and all other clubs. As the money was distributed by league position and they got the most. Celtic will only pay out 1/41 equal share. Even Brechin having to pay the same... they will see Celtics true face. That will be priceless. And Donkey will also get the full backlash as it was his doing. No honour among thieves 

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Just listened to the podcast from today and Chic Dung making my blood boil with his "we need to draw a line under things and move on" chat.

I hate that slavering welt with a rage that makes my blood boil. Horrible fat ^^^^

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Also thought it was poor form to mention Partick for a nano second but not open up the conversation - stuck with Hearts with Hartson bring up Cathro and that Budge needs to take more accountability for where we are now.......would she be looking at restructuring if it wasn't her club in this situation etc.  That may be true but that doesn't mean we deserve to be relegated.    The bottom club after a full season does.   3 clubs being relegated against sporting integrity is the issue and I wish they had used the Partick situation in particular to show how unacceptable an outcome this is - but that didn't suit their narrative.    As ever,   just feels like a weak, powder puff conversation without anyone showing any integrity and calling it out for what it is.

TyphoonJambo
7 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Also thought it was poor form to mention Partick for a nano second but not open up the conversation - stuck with Hearts with Hartson bring up Cathro and that Budge needs to take more accountability for where we are now.......would she be looking at restructuring if it wasn't her club in this situation etc.  That may be true but that doesn't mean we deserve to be relegated.    The bottom club after a full season does.   3 clubs being relegated against sporting integrity is the issue and I wish they had used the Partick situation in particular to show how unacceptable an outcome this is - but that didn't suit their narrative.    As ever,   just feels like a weak, powder puff conversation without anyone showing any integrity and calling it out for what it is.

To be honest, as soon as anything looks like getting in anyway contravential the presenters bottle it and move the conversation along. Gardeners world has more cutting edge investigative journalism. Don't get me started on the mulching argument 😜

Riccarton3
11 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

More and more information is coming out, such as championship club revelations but Young remains entrenched in his views. A sad bitter twisted little man.

12 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I hate that slavering welt with a rage that makes my blood boil. Horrible fat ^^^^

Once we're fan-owned I would take great pleasure in preventing that little shit's attendance at any Hearts game.

CY - "But you have to let me in. I'm a journalist."

Me - stifling mirth, "Aye, okay then. Let's see your credentials."

CY - "Well - I'm a pundit for the BBC. I'm reporting on the match."

Me - "Not today, you insignificant little turd. Not ever. Now...**** off and don't ever show your glaikit face around here again."

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Derek From Stenhouse said:

Old firm games to be held in 2021 only so that means other teams will play Rangers and Celtic at home in 2020 behind closed doors... Suck on that teams that voted for more celtic and rangers games... 

Good point hahahaha 

Walter Bishop
Heartfelt thanks to all who've made a new pledge, increased an existing pledge, or made a one-off donation recently. Today, that number has risen by 125; over the weekend, the figure is 254; since SPFL called the leagues 535; since lockdown 823. Breathtaking. #pledgeforlife
Edited by Walter Bishop

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Boof said:

Once we're fan-owned I would take great pleasure in preventing that little shit's attendance at any Hearts game.

CY - "But you have to let me in. I'm a journalist."

Me - stifling mirth, "Aye, okay then. Let's see your credentials."

CY - "Well - I'm a pundit for the BBC. I'm reporting on the match."

Me - "Not today, you insignificant little turd. Not ever. Now...**** off and don't ever show your glaikit face around here again."

Whilst slapping him on the back on his way out, surreptitiously smacking a piece of A4 with the wording "I'm a fat useless twat, please kick me" on it. 

Pans Jambo
10 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:
Heartfelt thanks to all who've made a new pledge, increased an existing pledge, or made a one-off donation recently. Today, that number has risen by 125; over the weekend, the figure is 254; since SPFL called the leagues 535; since lockdown 823. Breathtaking. #pledgeforlife

This is exactly the kind of “wagons circling”, “Siege mentality” thing I like to read about.

Well done Jambos. 

Mon the JT’s and tae feck with everyone else!!!

1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

A

Dundee UTD also, they were against any form of reconstruction when it was knocked back by 6 clubs.  They stood out the most to be voting no, something could change their minds though.

1 hour ago, Derek From Stenhouse said:

Old firm games to be held in 2021 only so that means other teams will play Rangers and Celtic at home in 2020 behind closed doors... Suck on that teams that voted for more celtic and rangers games... 

The other weird thing about that is we are lead to believe that Sky will pull the plug on any TV deal that doesn't include 4 OF games with no negotiation. And yet the totalitarian overlords at Sky are on board with reducing their viewing figures by up to 60,000 people who attend the game in person just so that the OF can avoid losing the ticket fees? 

Malinga the Swinga
44 minutes ago, graygo said:

We need to burn this ****ing league to the ground. Leave nothing but ashes in our wake.

23 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Yeah well done everyone!

I'd like to see out the day thinking about that rather than negative pundits.

Maybe these pundits are having an affect on us hearts fans going  through this pandemic hopefully we become more together  and much stronger after it

I have no idea how these things work so I'm just asking. 

Assuming reconstruction plans fail and Hearts instigate legal proceedings which will no doubt drag on. 

How does this affect the start of the football in Scotland ? 

Does the court action have the effect of stopping the league commencing until the situation regarding Hearts is confirmed one way or other ? 

As I say no idea but just wondering what would happen. 🤔

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Assuming reconstruction plans fail and Hearts instigate legal proceedings which will no doubt drag on. 

Does the court action have the effect of stopping the league commencing until the situation regarding Hearts is confirmed one way or other ? 

Guess it depends on what sort of court action we pursue.

If it concerns Dundee vote, then we may ask for the league to be canned.

It if concerns compensation, then suppose the league will start.

annushorribilis III

Old firm games to be held in 2021 only so that means other teams will play Rangers and Celtic at home in 2020 behind closed door

It looks like people are jumping on a newspaper claim that has no provenance whatsoever  and if you look beyond the headline grabbing bollocks , if that proposal is true it would in turn mean that  ALL the other clubs would be losing out on their own home fixtures against the OF and  income from  much needed sell out games of their own.

Just so the OF can have 4  money spinning games in front of fans ? 

Anyone with a brain might  offer this to the OF as a sop to recon (if it's going to affect the TV deal - it could make up for loss of TV income ) but to suggest it will somehow just happen to suit Sky is utter nonsense. 

5 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Roy McGregor saying he previously voted for a 12 team top league for them fans’!!!  Is that the same fans that want change in the league structures Roy?!?  . 

In fairness, I don’t think any fans outwith us want a change to the 12 team set up. And even then, I don’t think any of us wanted a change to the set up prior to March. 

The players on the other hand seem to be pretty unanimous in wanting a change to the 12 team set up. 

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

A huge amount of miss information has been bandied about on Hearts taking legal action. One being that companies like to forgo legal action in favour of outside settlement. 
Any action that Hearts take in the court will be on civil law. The only court that can deal with civil law is the Court of Session. At the moment the court is dealing with a restricted case load. For Hearts the only option Is an interim interdict. Other ideas such as arbitration are a complete waste of time, as they are unlikely to be immediate and forceful.

6 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

In fairness, I don’t think any fans outwith us want a change to the 12 team set up. And even then, I don’t think any of us wanted a change to the set up prior to March. 

The players on the other hand seem to be pretty unanimous in wanting a change to the 12 team set up. 

That's not true. The vast majority of fans in Scotland don't want the 12 with split, as has been proven by many polls over the years.

It simply hasn't had a reason to be brought up of late.

doctor jambo
10 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Old firm games to be held in 2021 only so that means other teams will play Rangers and Celtic at home in 2020 behind closed door

It looks like people are jumping on a newspaper claim that has no provenance whatsoever  and if you look beyond the headline grabbing bollocks , if that proposal is true it would in turn mean that  ALL the other clubs would be losing out on their own home fixtures against the OF and  income from  much needed sell out games of their own.

Just so the OF can have 4  money spinning games in front of fans ? 

Anyone with a brain might  offer this to the OF as a sop to recon (if it's going to affect the TV deal - it could make up for loss of TV income ) but to suggest it will somehow just happen to suit Sky is utter nonsense. 

It would be in sky’s best interests to have the of games behind closed doors- would put sir viewing figures up

4 hours ago, S Form said:

Says he will give Ann's plan consideration it but if it were Ross County, Hamilton or St Mirren in our place nobody would be talking about it.

My reply to that would have been if Celtic or rangers were currently in hearts position the league wouldn’t have been called and if it was reconstruction would be agreed already.

55 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

That’s a fantastic effort at the best of times, let alone during such financial uncertainty for people and their families. 

until the court of arbitration of sport have made their judgement i do not recognize the relegation as far as im concerned the spfl are in the process of a big scam against hearts and will get found out in court

11 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

There was a fans survey recently and 81% wanted change, and this should be a temp. restructuring anyway, to help all clubs through the pandemic. What will not work at the moment is carry on as usual.

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Going to court will create a rift between Celtic and all other clubs. As the money was distributed by league position and they got the most. Celtic will only pay out 1/41 equal share. Even Brechin having to pay the same... they will see Celtics true face. That will be priceless. And Donkey will also get the full backlash as it was his doing. No honour among thieves 

If we go to court and take £80k off each club there’s only one place the backlash is going. Our answer will be ‘no hard feelings ! !’

Edited by JimmyCant

3 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

That’s a fantastic effort at the best of times, let alone during such financial uncertainty for people and their families. 

This , it shows again we are the best supporters  in the world.

Ethan Hunt

I haven’t listened to Sportsound today, and to be honest I probably won’t given it appears to just be a couple of hours spent attacking Hearts. One question though. Did the wee wank stain Chic Young apologise for his “squealing like a pig” comments about Ann Budge? Or is the telling off he was meant to have got from the production team supposed to be the end of it?

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

The way the SPFL suddenly brought reconstruction back to table and the Old Firm allegedly in favour of it says to me that they know us, Partick and Stranraer have a strong case.

Something happened just before last weekend imo that seemed to change things.

I too thought it was strange that it was all of a sudden brought back on the table.

Although I thought it was more because Celtic have now got there title so they can revisit it. 

I’m not saying that we wouldn’t be successful going to court but there’s been a lot of people commenting that It’s a sure thing which I just don’t understand.

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I haven’t listened to Sportsound today, and to be honest I probably won’t given it appears to just be a couple of hours spent attacking Hearts. One question though. Did the wee wank stain Chic Young apologise for his “squealing like a pig” comments about Ann Budge? Or is the telling off he was meant to have got from the production team supposed to be the end of it?

No but the bbc said hed been spoken to. Usual crappy half arsed response. 

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The only telling off he will get for that cowardly comment, which he wouldn't dare have used about Rangers desire for an independent inquiry, will be from Hearts fans the next time he thinks he can roll up at Tynecastle.

He is clearly running an agenda for his pals at Hamilton and St Mirren, who know how lucky they were, that the season ended before they had to earn staying up. He has long been considered a joke figure, with laughable comment on football. There must be a reason he still gets time on a national broadcaster, but it's certainly not talent.

brunoatemyhamster
6 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I too thought it was strange that it was all of a sudden brought back on the table.

Although I thought it was more because Celtic have now got there title so they can revisit it. 

I’m not saying that we wouldn’t be successful going to court but there’s been a lot of people commenting that It’s a sure thing which I just don’t understand.

I don't think it matter if court is a cert result or not. 

The idea that we can pretty much stop everything and bring clubs to their knees, even for a few months is the fear. 

We don't need to win to be able to stall the season and scurper TV deals etc that no longer affect us. 

If we're willing to take the financial hit for the court fees, even if we lose, we could  take some of them with us

Maybe that's the fear. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Ann Budge has laid her stall out in this part of the club statement:

As previously intimated the club has been taking legal advice throughout this process and are continuing to do so. We hope that the resolution being prepared will avoid the need to go down this route. Legal action would be both time consuming and expensive. However the cost to the club of relegation would outweigh these considerations.

To our supporters, we thank you for showing patience and continuing to back the club. We will continue to fight against what we believe is an unjust outcome.

Also suggests the legal fight would not be for compensation but for the expulsion the be reversed.

Provan said Ann had made enemies within Scottish football - has she, how and who? (apart from some Hearts fans of course...🙄

7 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

No but the bbc said hed been spoken to. Usual crappy half arsed response. 

As far as I can see the only qualification to get on Sportsound is to be a Dons fan or a sectarian bigot.

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Also suggests the legal fight would not be for compensation but for the expulsion the be reversed.

Provan said Ann had made enemies within Scottish football - has she, how and who? (apart from some Hearts fans of course...🙄

The one thing that was wrong in Proven's statement.

Or maybe correct. We don't know a lot still. 

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Should imagine it’s because she showed her contempt for the grey suits that control our game.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )