SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

24 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Fwiw

FB_IMG_1590323334741.jpg

I know this was in another thread but good on all that put in a complaint. Probably sticks in their craw having to apologise 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Rick Sanchez

I swear, if a premiership team goes bust I'll be going full Kevin Keegan and then some.

Edited by Rick Sanchez

Malinga the Swinga
10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I am really not into the tainted title stuff to be honest. For the last 35 years it’s either been Rangers or Celtic that has won the title.I really couldn’t care less about it.

I would however 100% agree with you in relation to Ann Budge. She has been the only person who has had the vision to what needs to be done for clubs, and Scottish football in general, to have the best chance of survival. While others have retreated into self preservation mode, she has stood up and knocked her pan in to come up with something that might just mean there is something we recognise as Scottish football in the future. Make no mistake, there will be Hearts fans on here (I’ll give it 10 minutes) who will say that “it’s her fault we are in this position”. Let’s be clear though, while it is her fault (ultimately the buck stops with her) that Hearts are bottom of the league, it is not her fault that the SPFL put forward a completely flawed resolution that lacked foresight, and failed in its duty to protect the interests of all 42 member clubs.  Ann Budge is trying to correct that.

Ann Budge should be commended for the work she has done. As Hearts owner and CEO she doesn’t take a wage from the club, yet we find her being the one trying to drive Scottish football to a position of safety while Doncaster on £388k a year is warning clubs of the dangers whilst giving himself shitty lockdown haircuts. The lack of leadership from the SFA and the SPFL is disgraceful. Both should be vilified by all those who profess to love the game.

I am proud of Ann Budge, of the stand she has taken, her morals, her drive and determination and the amount of time and effort she has put in to correct the incompetence - at best - of others. FFS! at a time when we are being attacked from all corners we should adopt the most vigorous siege mentality,  defend our club and rally round Ann Budge, and attack those who attack us. Only Hearts, and An Budge is one of us.

When I say there is no leadership, I meant no leadership from board level. The very reason for having board is to provide strong leadership and direction, a group who see the bigger picture and drive an organisation forward.

In that role with SPFL, we have Neil Doncaster, with ***** from Hamilton, Motherwell, Dunfermline, Alloa, and Brechin.

In the SFA, we have Petrie and Lawell.

These are the ones who are provided with the task to take us on, have everyone together for one purpose and unify football in Scotland.

They are ****ing hopeless.

Bunny Munro
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why is there any shame attached to not voting for reconstruction? I don’t have any problem with clubs who are against reconstruction to be honest.  As I’ve said before, most clubs will not benefit from it and I don’t particularly want them voting for it just to save us and Partick (could be wrong but I don’t see Stranraer being affected too much by it), then have our noses rubbed in it forever.  I’d rather just take the ***** to court.

I do, however, have a problem with the clubs who voted to expel us, Partick and Stranraer and refused to have the SPFL Board investigated.  That should never be forgotten.

Scottish football is in a horrendous state. In footballing terms, all clubs will benefit. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why is there any shame attached to not voting for reconstruction? I don’t have any problem with clubs who are against reconstruction to be honest.  As I’ve said before, most clubs will not benefit from it and I don’t particularly want them voting for it just to save us and Partick (could be wrong but I don’t see Stranraer being affected too much by it), then have our noses rubbed in it forever.  I’d rather just take the ***** to court.

I do, however, have a problem with the clubs who voted to expel us, Partick and Stranraer and refused to have the SPFL Board investigated.  That should never be forgotten.

However , if they hadn't voted to expel us or Dundee had maintained a no vote, reconstruction would have happened. Hopefully, it still will when it is explained to club owners how much they will lose if Hearts take the SPFL yo court.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, martoon said:

Trump the president, Boris the PM, Provan the good guy. 

It truly is a remarkable age that we live in. 

Piers Morgan holding the elite to task, it's a mental world 

Riccarton3
24 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Fwiw

FB_IMG_1590323334741.jpg

Dear Editor , That doesnae help your challenged readership understand why.

Any decent journalist would be asking questions like - what have the SPFL said to you about the possibility of court action? What discussions did you have Ann Budge about Reconstruction? Questions about laying off workers as well but they don't want conflict with their chosen people to interview which is actually quite narrow. 

Maybe they did today? 

25 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Fwiw

FB_IMG_1590323334741.jpg

:D Why do newspaper 'apologies' seem more offensive than what they initially did?

The placement is like them saying, 'we don't really want to apologise, but we're legally in hot water if we don't. Heres a few lines on the corner of a page most are unlikely to see'.

IMO the apology should always be on the page the act took place on. 

Jambos_1874
18 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I am really not into the tainted title stuff to be honest. For the last 35 years it’s either been Rangers or Celtic that has won the title.I really couldn’t care less about it.

I would however 100% agree with you in relation to Ann Budge. She has been the only person who has had the vision to what needs to be done for clubs, and Scottish football in general, to have the best chance of survival. While others have retreated into self preservation mode, she has stood up and knocked her pan in to come up with something that might just mean there is something we recognise as Scottish football in the future. Make no mistake, there will be Hearts fans on here (I’ll give it 10 minutes) who will say that “it’s her fault we are in this position”. Let’s be clear though, while it is her fault (ultimately the buck stops with her) that Hearts are bottom of the league, it is not her fault that the SPFL put forward a completely flawed resolution that lacked foresight, and failed in its duty to protect the interests of all 42 member clubs.  Ann Budge is trying to correct that.

Ann Budge should be commended for the work she has done. As Hearts owner and CEO she doesn’t take a wage from the club, yet we find her being the one trying to drive Scottish football to a position of safety while Doncaster on £388k a year is warning clubs of the dangers whilst giving himself shitty lockdown haircuts. The lack of leadership from the SFA and the SPFL is disgraceful. Both should be vilified by all those who profess to love the game.

I am proud of Ann Budge, of the stand she has taken, her morals, her drive and determination and the amount of time and effort she has put in to correct the incompetence - at best - of others. FFS! at a time when we are being attacked from all corners we should adopt the most vigorous siege mentality,  defend our club and rally round Ann Budge, and attack those who attack us. Only Hearts, and An Budge is one of us.

Precisely this. Astonishing how much criticism she gets from the media and Hearts supporters. While I think she has made some mistakes, I believe we are extremely lucky to have her.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No Old Firm game till all fans back in. 

So maybe 2 games in March and 1 in April. 

It'll be no OF games in Scotland first half of the season. They'll play them in the US and invite Dundee... 

Edited by kila

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

BBC reporting that all 4 Of games may be scheduled after Jan.....

Only in Scotland would this be suggested FFS.

bigsuperslim1874
11 minutes ago, S Form said:

Boy's a tw*t. He witters a lot of patronising guff about Scottish football having to come together one minute then backs off as soon as reconstruction is mentioned.

What does he actually say - written piece just posted on BBC makes it look like he would be FOR?

Edited by bigsuperslim1874

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

When I say there is no leadership, I meant no leadership from board level. The very reason for having board is to provide strong leadership and direction, a group who see the bigger picture and drive an organisation forward.

In that role with SPFL, we have Neil Doncaster, with ***** from Hamilton, Motherwell, Dunfermline, Alloa, and Brechin.

These are the ones who are provided with the task to take us on, have everyone together for one purpose and unify football in Scotland.

There has been leadership 

They have prioritised

1. Celtic's 9 in a row 

2. Celtic’s 10 in a row / Rangers stopping it

3. The new TV deals. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No Old Firm game till all fans back in. 

So maybe 2 games in March and 1 in April. 

Absolute joke. Remember, they also can't play in the evening as police won't allow it. They also can't be scheduled to play in league decider as police won't allow that. In fact, they basically have to play 12 on a Sunday as their supporters cannot be trusted to behave. Disgraceful when two clubs, neither of whom supporters claim to be Scottish, neither of whom even want to play in Scottish leagues, dictate everything to Scottish football.

Come on Hearts, burn this ****ing organisation to the ground.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

There has been leadership 

They have prioritised

1. Celtic's 9 in a row

2. Celtic getting champions league place

3. Celtic’s 10 in a row / Rangers stopping it

4. doncasters bonus

5. The new TV deals. 

FTFY

1 minute ago, kila said:

It'll be no OF games in Scotland first half of the season. They'll play them in the US and invite Dundee... 

Well that is a good point. 

Hubs to play the games don't have to be in Scotland 

Riccarton3
8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Maybe there's a feeling the Clubs aren't seeing the bigger picture during a world wide pandemic. And reconstruction protects fellow members. You can say self interest is natural but you have to draw a line somewhere. 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Absolute joke. Remember, they also can't play in the evening as police won't allow it. They also can't be scheduled to play in league decider as police won't allow that. In fact, they basically have to play 12 on a Sunday as their supporters cannot be trusted to behave. Disgraceful when two clubs, neither of whom supporters claim to be Scottish, neither of whom even want to play in Scottish leagues, dictate everything to Scottish football.

No its good. 

It sets up / is a dry run for proper Reconstruction 

2-14-14-regional pyramid 

3 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

What does he actually say - written piece just posted on BBC  makes it look like he would be FOR?

Says he will give Ann's plan consideration it but if it were Ross County, Hamilton or St Mirren in our place nobody would be talking about it.

SectionDJambo
45 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Perhaps it's just the difference between me and you, JC, but if someone writes something positive about our club, I can compartmentalise and be appreciative for them doing so without slagging them off at the same time, which after all is a pretty disrespectful thing to do.

This is one of the major things that is wrong with Scottish football. We tag everyone, take sides, and never forget. Things are always black and white, while folk have precious wriggle room to change and to compromise. It's like we are all fighting a hundred years war.

Agreed.

As someone who doesn’t care what kind of school people went to, I am usually reluctant to mention anything like that. However, Celtic man though he may be, I think that Davie Provan is, what Celtic people would call, a non catholic. I doubt if he would have political views similar to most Celtic fans.

The contempt that Hearts fans have for Provan, was born of his outrageous play acting to get Willie Johnston sent of at Parkhead, way back in the early 80s. I’ve always felt that our open contempt for him is the reason that he, usually, has nothing good to say about us.

His opinion, in that article about the SPFL, is a refreshing change from the hostile and ill informed nonsense that many other pundits or “journalists” have followed their party line with. 
Credit where it’s due for an honest assessment of the mess Scottish football has been left in by the incompetence and skullduggery of the SPFL board and it’s small cabal of like minded clubs.

Regarding the reports that there may not be any OF games until the New Year, personally I couldn't give a crap as long as it is part of the negotiations that result in reconstruction. The key player in this has always been Sky - if they were to turn around tomorrow and say that they supported and in fact encouraged reconstruction as part of a revised deal, and the deal they offered was a good deal, then we would have reconstruction within no time at all.

2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Agreed.

As someone who doesn’t care what kind of school people went to, I am usually reluctant to mention anything like that. However, Celtic man though he may be, I think that Davie Provan is, what Celtic people would call, a non catholic. I doubt if he would have political views similar to most Celtic fans.

The contempt that Hearts fans have for Provan, was born of his outrageous play acting to get Willie Johnston sent of at Parkhead, way back in the early 80s. I’ve always felt that our open contempt for him is the reason that he, usually, has nothing good to say about us.

His opinion, in that article about the SPFL, is a refreshing change from the hostile and ill informed nonsense that many other pundits or “journalists” have followed their party line with. 
Credit where it’s due for an honest assessment of the mess Scottish football has been left in by the incompetence and skullduggery of the SPFL board and it’s small cabal of like minded clubs.

Most people looking at the situation say its wrong to harm clubs so much by demoting them due to a public health emergency. 

It's just obvious. 

Just now, redjambo said:

Regarding the reports that there may not be any OF games until the New Year, personally I couldn't give a crap as long as it is part of the negotiations that result in reconstruction. The key player in this has always been Sky - if they were to turn around tomorrow and say that they supported and in fact encouraged reconstruction as part of a revised deal, and the deal they offered was a good deal, then we would have reconstruction within no time at all.

and as a show of god faith, there could be money set aside for lower league teams to help them survive until fans are allowed back into stadiums

Just now, milky_26 said:

and as a show of god faith, there could be money set aside for lower league teams to help them survive until fans are allowed back into stadiums

Indeed.

Ethan Hunt
14 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Agreed.

Attached is a link to the role profile of the CEO of the FA. I would imagine Doncaster (paid £388k a year by SPFL) and Maxwell (paid circa £300k a year by SFA) will have similar ones.  Notice leadership is at the bottom of the list of skills and behaviours for the CEO of the FA. It must not even be on the SPFL and SFA ones!!

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/cfa/amateurfa/files/news/ceo-role-profile-v2.ashx?la=en

SectionDJambo
36 minutes ago, normando said:

Hartson just another vile player from the vile club that show is becoming like an old firm retirement home.

Remember when Andy Webster elbowed himself in the face when standing next to Hartson? 🤔

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I'd be happy to be proved wrong but our coverage is because we laughed long and hard at the demise of Rangers which was entirely self inflicted. Add to that, we are not on Celtic's Christmas card list anytime.

When the self proclaimed most successful club in the world gets liquidated and we don't show the requisite understanding and sympathy. Indeed we show the contempt they deserved, you are left with a very bitter weegie press set on retribution to make them feel better.

Fair point, as the only other team in the league that actually wants to challenge the uglies as opposed to rolling over and having our tummies tickled.

Listening to anybody linked to the voting teams you can get the impression there’s no possible way reconstruction will get voted in.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Absolute carnage when they do play if it’s been a calendar year since the last one. Hopefully Sky will do us a favour then.

13 minutes ago, S Form said:

Says he will give Ann's plan consideration it but if it were Ross County, Hamilton or St Mirren in our place nobody would be talking about it.

Hes correct all 3 would accept  a pittance from the SPFL as compensation. Unluckily for the SPFL , our turnover is bigger than all 3 put together so our compensation whether voluntary or via court action will cripple them or clubs. Therefore reconstruction is back on the table clubs may not like it but it may be preferable to bankrupcy.  They will have a vote and can decide.

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling

Ethan Hunt
13 minutes ago, S Form said:

Well he’s wrong. Ann Budge has repeatedly said she would have been against it.

26 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

The elephant in the reconstruction room is TV . The only teams that can survive without TV money in the premiership are the Uglies, Hearts, Aberdeen and Hubz. All of the other clubs need the TV money to be financially viable. Hence why scumbag clubs like Killie, Motherwell, StMidden, Ross County, Hamilton, Livingston and StJohnston are so against reconstruction.

Those clubs can only survive without TV money if fans can attend. If games are behind closed doors, that TV money will be the biggest source of income. 

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Listening to anybody linked to the voting teams you can get the impression there’s no possible way reconstruction will get voted in.

Then it will be off to court we go.

The likes of St Mirren and Ross County can get ready to have even less money to pay wages for playing behind closed doors.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Maybe there's a feeling the Clubs aren't seeing the bigger picture during a world wide pandemic. And reconstruction protects fellow members. You can say self interest is natural but you have to draw a line somewhere. 

You’re expecting 36 (or most of them) to vote for something that benefits 6 clubs, and has nothing in it for them.  These clubs aren’t interested in seeing a bigger picture (they’ve already proved that with the vote to end the season then the one on Rangers investigation). Then you’ve got Hibs who are only interested in making sure we play in the Championship next season, even it means they take a financial hit.  

I just can’t see reconstruction getting voted through unless Doncaster is privately telling clubs that Hearts have a very good chance of winning a legal challenge.  That could be a game changer but I still can’t see Hibs voting for it which would mean the other 11 have to.  Their share of any compensation at 1/42 each might hurt the part time clubs bit shouldn’t really hurt the Premiership clubs, so is that enough of a threat?

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I would also imagine the authorities don’t trust their fans to stay away and there would be even more carnage around the stadium area.

Undoubtedly.

jamboinglasgow

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5626853/queen-of-the-south-dunfermline-releasing/

Dont know if this has already been posted but Sun reporting that after Dunfermline released 17 players whose contract are due to expire, Queen of the South are going to release 16 players who were about to be out of contract. It leaves them with 3 players.

49 minutes ago, Whatever said:

:greatpost:

Remember Hartson is only Celtic because he failed a medical at Ibrox his opinions could've been so different 🙄 also interesting fact for ya he never ever scored at Tynecastle (**** knows how because when Larsson was there Celtic used to regularly pump us at our place)

Edited by rory78

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Surely the lesson that should be learnt is what chairmen say in public is not necessarily what they do in private. I can see the Ross County owner just setting a position in case things become a disaster after reconstruction "I said before a 12 team league was fine but I pressured to vote for reconstruction to bail out Hearts."

2 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Remember Hartson is only Celtic because he failed a medical at Ibrox his opinions could've been so different 🙄

also he is the type who kicks a teammate in the face while they are on the ground

1 minute ago, rory78 said:

Remember Hartson is only Celtic because he failed a medical at Ibrox his opinions could've been so different 🙄

Aye true. He still gives it the “us” pish when he refers to Celtic, makes you want to vomit.

31 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I'm praying for it.

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Good. I want court.

41 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

Ironic, as you sound like you’re from a generation that would now be found in retirement homes.

perhaps but from 6 or 7 year old you know friendly clubs you can watch with no hassle.

Riccarton3
20 minutes ago, S Form said:

I shouldn't be but I am astonished he does not seem to understand the current predicament facing the who!e game. You would actually think he is unaware of Covid19. Put your usual thinking to one side, Roy, just for once. 

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

also he is the type who kicks a teammate in the face while they are on the ground

That's true but in fairness when Shearer did it to Lennon i did get some sort of satisfaction 😂

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5626853/queen-of-the-south-dunfermline-releasing/

Dont know if this has already been posted but Sun reporting that after Dunfermline released 17 players whose contract are due to expire, Queen of the South are going to release 16 players who were about to be out of contract. It leaves them with 3 players.

Is this not fairly normal for lower league clubs who sign all their players on one year deals ? There must be loads of clubs down there who can offload just about every player and run with a skeleton staff in mothball until crowds are allowed. However this can’t be allowed to the detriment of those clubs able and willing to play BCD and anyone going to mothball will have to do it for a whole season and be exempt from the league.

Edited by JimmyCant

Fozzyonthefence
34 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Scottish football is in a horrendous state. In footballing terms, all clubs will benefit. 

How do all teams benefit by having a 14 team Premiership?  Sorry, but they just don’t. 

I would much rather have court. 

This save Hearts narrative is getting on my nerves. 

Been thinking though that the clubs may vote against but the SPFL will say no money for a court case also championship not going to be able to play and will force it through to a top 16 for 2 years. 

If it is compensation route I feel 3 million should be the minimum we accept I would be aiming for 5 million. Also hope the other wronged clubs are thinking large amounts. 

Clubs like Hibs/St Mirren will save face that way.

I am hoping Anne is working on the premise that we are in the championship and preparing to cut cost accordingly. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )