SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, redjambo said:

Perhaps it's just the difference between me and you, JC, but if someone writes something positive about our club, I can compartmentalise and be appreciative for them doing so without slagging them off at the same time, which after all is a pretty disrespectful thing to do.

This is one of the major things that is wrong with Scottish football. We tag everyone, take sides, and never forget. Things are always black and white, while folk have precious wriggle room to change and to compromise. It's like we are all fighting a hundred years war.

No, it’s called being partisan. No offence but while I can like what Provan wrote, it doesn’t change my opinion of him. Same as Rangers fighting nine in a row didn’t persuade me that they were anything other than a bunch of shithouses, no matter the (virtually non existent) chance it gave us of overturning our expulsion 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

I get it. However who are the additional 4 teams? Us, Dundee, ICT and Ayr?

What happens at end of the season if it’s temporary - relegate 4 maybe even 5 teams? Back to 12 or is the new perm option of 16 therefore distribution is split 16 ways not 12.

i agree the practicalities suggest we should look at who can play but it creates other issues.

Ypu are so ****ing negative whenever it comes to someone suggesting solutions. While you appear happy for Hearts to be shafted and left to play a few games inanseason, the vast majority, and that is everyone other than you, want to see a solution that means all clubs can play next season.

**** your other issues, Hearts first.

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Ypu are so ****ing negative whenever it comes to someone suggesting solutions. While you appear happy for Hearts to be shafted and left to play a few games inanseason, the vast majority, and that is everyone other than you, want to see a solution that means all clubs can play next season.

**** your other issues, Hearts first.

He isn’t Hearts.

Malinga the Swinga
15 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

Roy MacGregor on Sportsound sounding like he isn’t a fan of reconstruction and wants 12 team league to remain. Didn’t say definitively but that’s what it sounded like. John Hartson acting like a prick and sticking the knife in on AB.

Roy happy to rim Celtic and content with ****ing over us and Partick. Truly a prize ***** amongst *****. Hartson doesn't need to act like a prick, he is a prick, and a ***** obviously. Another ex Celtic employee dragged in to have a dig at Hearts.

Chick Dung and Hartson really sticking the knife in .  
part of me really wants us to go down the court route and stick it to the likes of St Mirren.

Michael Stewart nailed it yesterday when he said the abuse to us is nasty and uncalled for. These pundits (use that term loosely) and other roasters like Harper have not once looked at the 24 points to play for.

Id go one further and say why the fek are Dundee Utd getting promoted when they could be caught ? 
get the courts involved please. 

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No, it’s called being partisan. No offence but while I can like what Provan wrote, it doesn’t change my opinion of him. Same as Rangers fighting nine in a row didn’t persuade me that they were anything other than a bunch of shithouses, no matter the (virtually non existent) chance it gave us of overturning our expulsion 

Agreed, but I wasn't referring to you, DtD. I was referring to the poster who had a pretty nasty verbal blast at Provan. By all means do that later on when he merits it (which I've no doubt he will at some point), but not at the time when he is actually one of the few talking heads who, surprisingly admittedly, makes some very accurate and cutting points against the SFA/SPFL and supportive of the position of both ourselves and Thistle.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, annushorribilis III said:

Bang on , IMO. The SPFL board blackmailed the clubs to end the season early with the resulting "relegation" & court issues they KNEW would arise because their priority was - they didn't want to have to renegotiate the TV new deal and risk the £28M due in August. 

So now we have the crazy scenario where recon might have to happen because so many clubs just won't be able to afford to play.

Agreed, I think it’s a first payment of £12.5m if what they were saying yesterday is correct. 

19 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

It was her choice to rely on one man (Levein) and her decision not to appoint a proper football CEO. She wanted to be front and centre which is great and nobody denies her commitment but she has made catastrophic mistakes despite the vast amounts of money coming in.

She has yet to present a single proposal for reconstruction let alone get anything close to approved.

I agree Doncaster and co have been appalling but when the dust settles she needs to leave, with dignity but leave this year.

She will leave once the future of our club is secure. She will go with the thanks of the vast majority of Hearts fans. Now take your crap to another thread as it has nothing to do with this topic 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Bending the fixtures to play Sevco v Celtic in front of crowds is a farce, especially when they restricted the number of visiting fans. Obviously "atmosphere" sells :rolleyes:

Fozzyonthefence
31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

BBC reporting that all 4 Of games may be scheduled after Jan.....

Would the clubs not have to vote on this change?

manaliveits105
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Roy happy to rim Celtic and content with ****ing over us and Partick. Truly a prize ***** amongst *****. Hartson doesn't need to act like a prick, he is a prick, and a ***** obviously. Another ex Celtic employee dragged in to have a dig at Hearts.

Wont be switching on bbc - their agenda is crystal clear (obviously upset them even more by having the temerity to complain about one of their top pundits referring to us as squealing like pigs) 

If reconstruction fails  -  lets get to court asap and cause as much mayhem as we can

19 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No. The Council and Falkirk FC created a company that owned the stadium, with the Council putting in £3m. Since about ten years ago the football parts of the ground are owned by Falkirk FC. The council own some suites and facilities for conferences and the like. Point is, Falkirk we’re denied entry to the SPL because their stadium wasn’t 10k all seater. They built a new one with whatever help they could get and then gained entry when the SPL ditched its 10k rule and made it 6k instead. If I remember right, when Falkirk were first denied entry (saving Aberdeen from relegation), they actually had a capacity of 6k. They were denied the chance to build up their club with access to greater revenue streams that would have been available through SPL membership.

Many clubs suffered through trying to quickly erect stadia and stands to comply with a criteria that should have been better thought out and staged in from the beginning, in a country with clubs that have such small attendances. Plenty clubs had it even worse than that, and ended up in totally unserviceable levels of debt. Some of those clubs like Hibs had rich benefactors who saved them by making deals with the banks to write off those debts. Others folded. Some like ourselves struggled on with the debts as best we could, losing players below market value due to the pressure of servicing those debts, until eventually we went through admin. St Johnstone managed to escape all those sleepless nights over their very existence because they were gifted land and a stadium. Good for them, and you don’t grudge them it. What I do grudge, is this phallus you that they are some kind of well run club and that their lack of debt compared to others is down to some kind of shrewd and moral insistence on not accumulating debts. Easy to do that when you don’t have to shell out millions more than the material value of your club and team to build an all seater 10k stadium. The annoying thing about Cosgrove, is that he’s actually a bit of a Scottish Football history enthusiast, and he knows all of this. That means when he has a dog at our troubled past, and pontificates like his club are some kind of bastions of fair play and financial sense, he is doing it simply to be a dick.

*should read ‘fallacy’... although seeing as I was referring to Cosgrove later, I’m not too bothered about it being changed.

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

part of me really wants us to go down the court route and stick it to the likes of St Mirren.

Michael Stewart nailed it yesterday when he said the abuse to us is nasty and uncalled for. These pundits (use that term loosely) and other roasters like Harper have not once looked at the 24 points to play for.

Id go one further and say why the fek are Dundee Utd getting promoted when they could be caught ? 

Not listening to Sportsound, again, but good to see they have balanced panel of pundits who all want to **** Hearts and by proxy, Partick and Stranraer. 

Young has has been a count for years and Hartson is just a younger Pat Bonnar. Both have views on Celtic, Celtic and anything on Celtic.

**** Sportsound, **** Celtic, **** Young and Hartson, **** Scottish football. Go to court Hearts and burn this shit to the ground.

Jambos_1874

Fair play to Michael Stewart being quite vocal in our defence yesterday. I try to see things objectively, but there has been a real harshness in the attitude of many in the media towards us and I genuinely do not know why. Yes, we have been appalling this season (I am still stunned that we managed to win only 4 league games) but to be relegated in these circumstances is grossly unjust. MY feeling is that league reconstruction will happen and that in time the required number of clubs will come round to it.

Edited by Jambos_1874

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Would the clubs not have to vote on this change?

Don't be silly, it will be waived through as 'necessary', 'good for the game', 'visionary' and 'a sacrifice by old firm'. 

25 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Perhaps it's just the difference between me and you, JC, but if someone writes something positive about our club, I can compartmentalise and be appreciative for them doing so without slagging them off at the same time, which after all is a pretty disrespectful thing to do.

This is one of the major things that is wrong with Scottish football. We tag everyone, take sides, and never forget. Things are always black and white, while folk have precious wriggle room to change and to compromise. It's like we are all fighting a hundred years war.

I think you’ve missed the slant of my post which was aimed at how he will be viewed by others on here next week if he makes a minor criticism of us. 

Personally I dont find him offensive. I rarely agree with him and he’s generally an unintelligent over opinionated biased character in a role best suited to the educated balanced and intelligent neutral.

Ive not got much space in my head for hatred. It’s such a negative time consuming and damaging emotion and I’m certainly not going to waste it on mere football figures or clubs.

Edited by JimmyCant

Macgregor and Fitzpatrick both out of reconstruction. 

Clearly this is just an attempt so we can say at least we tried.

Hopefully we name and shame the clubs that are against this so people can remember. 

Riccarton3
17 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not relevant to our current predicament but he is wrong regarding The Rangers starting in Div 2 unless he means a non league team should have had their spot.

16 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Celtic could've been caught, FFS!

Malinga the Swinga
18 minutes ago, Whatever said:

He isn’t Hearts.

Had an inkling he might be vermin. In that case, can I call him a *****?

Just now, Boof said:

Celtic could've been caught, FFS!

I know but I was more meaning Dundee Utd get all the financial trappings of the SPL and sky deal when they could be caught and we lose out all that when we could have avoided relegation. It’s a farce but we know this

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not listening to Sportsound, again, but good to see they have balanced panel of pundits who all want to **** Hearts and by proxy, Partick and Stranraer. 

Young has has been a count for years and Hartson is just a younger Pat Bonnar. Both have views on Celtic, Celtic and anything on Celtic.

**** Sportsound, **** Celtic, **** Young and Hartson, **** Scottish football. Go to court Hearts and burn this shit to the ground.

:greatpost:

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Had an inkling he might be vermin. In that case, can I call him a *****?

Absolutely.

Hartson just another vile player from the vile club that show is becoming like an old firm retirement home.

31 minutes ago, redjambo said:

100% bang on the money!

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think you’ve missed the slant of my post which was aimed at how he will be viewed by others on here next week if he makes a minor criticism of us. 

Personally I dont find him offensive. I rarely agree with him and he’s generally an unintelligent over opinionated biased character in a role best suited to the educated balanced and intelligent neutral.

Ive not got much space in my head for hatred. It’s such a negative time consuming and damaging emotion and I’m certainly not going to waste it on mere football figures or clubs.

I honestly thought you were having a swipe rather than making a subtle observation on human behaviour. :D  My apologies, JC.

Ethan Hunt
18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

People say there has been no leadership from anyone in Scottish football from the outset of this COVID-19 pandemic. I agree and disagree.

I agree that there has been zero leadership from both the SPFL board and the SFA. Between them they have done the square root of F all for the greater good of the game here. Taking their lead from a club with no shame who were determined to get their hands on a title come hell or high water. To call the whole affair sordid is being both mild and kind.

There has been leadership from one person imho. A woman in her 70s, who from the very off saw how damaging this pandemic would be to the Scottish professional and the clubs involved. 

She was vilified from all quarters, even quite a few of her own for insisting that her players who take up the majority of the clubs wage bill, should take pay cuts.

No no cried the the so called experts, this was grossly unfair. You cannot do this. Yet just a few weeks later many were following suit by either implementing wage cuts or wage deferrals and lo and behold these same so called experts hailed them as visionaries.

Then she came up with an idea that wouldnt unfairly penalise any club in this current climate and again was ridiculed by all and sundry. Before these plans could be looked at in great detail. Six of the very shortsighted said no way Jose.

Then the league was called by the charlatans. One team crassly celebrated their tainted championship with their manager claiming beyond belief that it was the best one yet. I know full of more excrement than Seafield sewage works.

This upset the elderly lady and her board of directors and club supporters, that she had to calmly inform the charlatans that if they didnt see sense and make changes for the benefit of all then she would see them in court and their sharp practises would be revealed to all to show just how charlatan they are.

Now we wait with bated breath to see if they have taken heed or are foolish enough  to go to court.

Now there are those that will disagree even many in her own camp, that this old lady has shown any leadership whatsoever.

I personally suspect that in time history will prove them wrong.

I am really not into the tainted title stuff to be honest. For the last 35 years it’s either been Rangers or Celtic that has won the title.I really couldn’t care less about it.

I would however 100% agree with you in relation to Ann Budge. She has been the only person who has had the vision to what needs to be done for clubs, and Scottish football in general, to have the best chance of survival. While others have retreated into self preservation mode, she has stood up and knocked her pan in to come up with something that might just mean there is something we recognise as Scottish football in the future. Make no mistake, there will be Hearts fans on here (I’ll give it 10 minutes) who will say that “it’s her fault we are in this position”. Let’s be clear though, while it is her fault (ultimately the buck stops with her) that Hearts are bottom of the league, it is not her fault that the SPFL put forward a completely flawed resolution that lacked foresight, and failed in its duty to protect the interests of all 42 member clubs.  Ann Budge is trying to correct that.

Ann Budge should be commended for the work she has done. As Hearts owner and CEO she doesn’t take a wage from the club, yet we find her being the one trying to drive Scottish football to a position of safety while Doncaster on £388k a year is warning clubs of the dangers whilst giving himself shitty lockdown haircuts. The lack of leadership from the SFA and the SPFL is disgraceful. Both should be vilified by all those who profess to love the game.

I am proud of Ann Budge, of the stand she has taken, her morals, her drive and determination and the amount of time and effort she has put in to correct the incompetence - at best - of others. FFS! at a time when we are being attacked from all corners we should adopt the most vigorous siege mentality,  defend our club and rally round Ann Budge, and attack those who attack us. Only Hearts, and An Budge is one of us.

Riccarton3
13 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Fair play to Michael Stewart being quite vocal in our defence yesterday. I try to see things objectively, but there has been a real harshness in the attitude of many in the media towards us and I genuinely do not know why. Yes, we have been appalling this season (I am still stunned that we managed to win only 4 league games) but to be relegated in these circumstances is grossly unjust. MY feeling is that league reconstruction will happen and that in time the required number of clubs will come round to it.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong but our coverage is because we laughed long and hard at the demise of Rangers which was entirely self inflicted. Add to that, we are not on Celtic's Christmas card list anytime.

When the self proclaimed most successful club in the world gets liquidated and we don't show the requisite understanding and sympathy. Indeed we show the contempt they deserved, you are left with a very bitter weegie press set on retribution to make them feel better.

Edited by Riccarton3

7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Not relevant to our current predicament but he is wrong regarding The Rangers starting in Div 2 unless he means a non league team should have had their spot.

I found that slightly amusing as it left the reader to decide what he meant. :) I would like to think that he meant they should have started off as non-league, but I doubt he did.

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I honestly thought you were having a swipe rather than making a subtle observation on human behaviour. :D  My apologies, JC.

Cool no problem. I could have made my intent clearer

King prawn
13 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

:yas:

Just now, normando said:

Hartson just another vile player from the vile club that show is becoming like an old firm retirement home.

Ironic, as you sound like you’re from a generation that would now be found in retirement homes.

Riccarton3
11 minutes ago, Rods said:

Hopefully we name and shame the clubs that are against this so people can remember. 

Wonder if there's any way it will be taken out of their hands.

EH23-Jambo

Edit. Davie Provan Article already posted previously. Still surprised at his thoughts on it.

Edited by EH23-Jambo
Already posted

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Probably when the SPFL reveal that Sky want a £7m rebate for last season, if the League is throwing out its 3rd most watched side.

The other option is 14-14-14 which only requires a 9-3 vote.

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

The radio/tv media are in 3 groups

Group 1 - originate from Glasgow and surrounding area. Obsessed by Celtic (majority) and Sevco (minority). Very likely to be heard on radio/tv.

Group 2 - originate from Aberdeen & Edinburgh. Support Aberdeen or vermin and hate Hearts as they see us a superior rivals. One support never got over the 1980's and the other believe they play some form of mythical style called 'The Hibs Way' we call it shite. If group 1 not available, then next on radio/tv.

Group 3 - try to act fairly and evenly but rarely get type space and very rarely heard on radio/tv. Even when they are on, they are talked over, dismissed and ignored.

The same goes for papers. The odd decent reporter but you need to search them out.

Jambos_1874
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I'd be happy to be proved wrong but our coverage is because we laughed long and hard at the demise of Rangers which was entirely self inflicted. Add to that, we are not on Celtic's Christmas card list anytime.

When the self proclaimed most successful club in the world gets liquidated and we don't show the requisite understanding and sympathy. Indeed we show the contempt they deserved, you are left with a very bitter weegie press set on retribution to make them feel better.

I don't think it is due to that, genuinely. I despise the OF as much as the next sane person but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that we do things differently to most clubs. We have a female owner who goes against the grain of the shambolic way in which football is run in this country, someone who has rightly highlighted the things which need attention (even before this crisis) and does not fall under the stereotypical chairman who is terrified to move away from the status quo (not the band).

Riccarton3
8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I found that slightly amusing as it left the reader to decide what he meant. :) I would like to think that he meant they should have started off as non-league, but I doubt he did.

For all his love of Celtic, what seems to be as important is the old form domination. Other clubs are mere feeder clubs. As Murdo MacLeod said years ago with no issue. This from a professional sportsman/competitor.  Chick Young is a ****  (irrelevant to post but good for the soul)

Edited by Riccarton3

Riccarton3
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Probably when the SPFL reveal that Sky want a £7m rebate for last season, if the League is throwing out its 3rd most watched side.

I'm these circumstances your Board should take over. **** giving the members the authority. 

Unknown user
4 hours ago, MCW1976 said:

Lloyds TSB? It's been a while since you checked your shares then? Lloyds Banking Group (a dozen years standing) are trading at a pittance (28p).

I don't think companies were invented to remove liability from shareholders who wanted to make money? Limited company status protects your house, etc., from being used as an repayment asset if your business fails - and prevents the need to sleep in the local park.

I left them in 2008 for holland right enough, I was with LTSBAFD. Haven't a clue how much I have or where, or what the company name was on them, or what their equivalent is now.

Your last sentence is exactly what I'm getting at just in different words - personal financial liability is more or less removed as the company has it's own legal status.

The elephant in the reconstruction room is TV . The only teams that can survive without TV money in the premiership are the Uglies, Hearts, Aberdeen and Hubz. All of the other clubs need the TV money to be financially viable. Hence why scumbag clubs like Killie, Motherwell, StMidden, Ross County, Hamilton, Livingston and StJohnston are so against reconstruction.

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, Rods said:

Why is there any shame attached to not voting for reconstruction? I don’t have any problem with clubs who are against reconstruction to be honest.  As I’ve said before, most clubs will not benefit from it and I don’t particularly want them voting for it just to save us and Partick (could be wrong but I don’t see Stranraer being affected too much by it), then have our noses rubbed in it forever.  I’d rather just take the ***** to court.

I do, however, have a problem with the clubs who voted to expel us, Partick and Stranraer and refused to have the SPFL Board investigated.  That should never be forgotten.

6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

No Old Firm game till all fans back in. 

So maybe 2 games in March and 1 in April. 

8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I think this has been alluded to already in one of Doncaster’s interviews. 

I am sure Doncaster mentioned potential EGM to sort things out. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )