SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

I was wondering why United etc were looking to continue the case after their defeat on Friday. Speaking to my United mate earlier and he makes a good point. Those three clubs probably don’t trust Doncaster/SPFL to do their bidding ie probably throw them under a bus at the first opportunity 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Three wee diddy clubs begging on their own and other fans to help them out.

Hearts refusing their own fans wishes to help fund their legal battle because they are fighting for US.

That's the ****ing difference.

:pleasing:

Edited by neilnunb

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

I think the gravity of the situation they face and the high likelihood of losing is now dawning on them.

I've always been pretty pessimistic of a good outcome for us, especially at arbitration, just because the odds seem stacked against us.

I've done a complete 360 on that after seeing the sheer panic from the likes of D Utd and co who, after all, will know the SPFL's case and defence (you'd assume?)

Unless maybe - now documents have to be released - the SPFL have indicated to Utd they can't guarantee that the Dundee vote was not illegal whereas previously they gave the impression they had a cast iron case.

5 minutes ago, kila said:

Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers can go **** themselves.

I've no sympathy. Why? Because they voted against league reconstruction. They got what they wanted and they pulled the ladder up. Had they voted for reconstruction, this would be a different debate.

They thought they could have it all - benefiting from calling the season early without offering ANYTHING to the teams being shafted.

Oh what a pity they now feel their toes getting burnt because Hearts and Partick Thistle DARE fight this injustice.

Yup too right. Glad to see they’ve taken JA’s money and spent it all on Garry Boreland QC. A fool and their money, is the saying that springs to mind. When JA offered  them a lifeline, and they’ve spunked the lot. Serves them right! 

Pass the begging bowl round lads 🤣🤣🤣🤣

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Boo ****ing who to United, RR and Cove. No point greeting about not being able to afford the consequences of your actions now, I’m afraid.

It was a total ***** move voting for a resolution that unfairly expelled three fellow clubs. It was again a ***** move voting against reconstruction that would have saved those three clubs from having to shoulder a disproportionate share of the damage done by C19.

Budge and HMFC made it clear from the outset that we were not going to take what was done to us lying down. We played the game and exhausted every other avenue first. We laid our cards on the table for all to see and were honest about our intentions. 

Every step of the way when we have pleaded for compassion and common sense, we have had to suffer arsehole statements about “accepting our medicine”, “moving on” and clubs voting against saving us from expulsion because they think our owner has a “condescending and smug tone”. We have been told that it “wasn’t the right time” for reconstruction that would have saved us from unfair expulsion with just three quarters of the season completed.

Now we have to read statements like this one, where these *******s are pleading for us to not protect ourselves, from an action that they have instigated against us? Now we are supposed to feel some sort of sympathy for them? Go **** yourselves. You had plenty of opportunities to avoid this, but smugly voted for us to be sacrificed at the alter. Then when there were two opportunities to vote for reconstruction that would prevent us taking this disproportionate hit, we get platitudes but a shake of the head and condemned to expulsion?

These clubs who are now whining about how unfair it all is, should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. Greeting for Celtic and chums to bail them out because they can’t afford to pay for the consequences of their vindictiveness.

Risible behaviour. 

Spot on, man.

They are reprehensible sleezeballs.

WheatfieldWarrior
30 minutes ago, OTT said:

Sporting integrity was 'do no harm'. Utd and Raith both knocked back the solution which offered no harm. 

**** them.

Sporting integrity was to play the remaining games.  We're not Challenging Celtic's title, so Celtic will stay clear of this one.

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Fitba' broke my Heart said:

Was it not 2 points for a win back then?

Spot the deliberate mistake!

Edited by colinmaroon

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Three wee diddy clubs begging on their oen and other fans to help them out.

Hearts refusing their own fans wishes to help fund their legal battle because they are fighting for US.

That's the ****ing difference.

:pleasing:

Talk about giving the system an essential and long overdue shake up.  The boards of every other club except the OF should be sending bouquets to Ann Budge.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think the best one is still Leicester would have gone down the year before they won the league if it had been ended like this after 30 games.

This season Brighton were 2 pts off a relegation spot when football was stopped. They're now 9 pts clear.

Good point 

Guest ToqueJambo

I like this bit from the Dundee Utd statement:

"if Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle are successful in their action it could have serious ramifications for the whole of Scottish football."

Yes Dundee Utd and Raith could be, what was it the QC on their side threatened us and PT with - "oot the gemme"?

That's still by far and away the most serious threat made during this whole thing by any party. 

And out of all the clubs, ours has been the one that has worked the hardest to come up with a solution that spreads the financial hardship around instead of lumping it all on 3 teams AND we brought millions to the table in donations.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Dundee Utd and Raith need not worry.

someone on vermin.net has posted that HSL should pay a months subs to the 3’s fighting fund 😂🤣😂

someone should point out to the rat that a months HSL subs would cover only a couple of hours and maybe a meal deal from Aldi’s.

feking hilarious that mob

We'll have a surplus in the FoH fund soon enough to buy a Dundee team. What should we call it........?😅

Diadora Van Basten

The Sky interviewer asked Doncaster what he would do if Hearts and Partick won and he said they would deal with that. If I was part of the Calpol 3 I would be asking Doncaster how he would deal with it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Oot the game,  million pound fine or expulsion. 

Intimidation is back firing,  watch the rats desert the sinking ship.

BBC narrative very different tonight. 

Everyone wants to back the winner,  in the media,  definitely 

JamboAl1965
8 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Remember when the donkey told the SPFL clubs that if they wanted to see the documentation in support of their CoS case then they had to become respondents themselves.

I suspect that the Calpol 3 may have seen some of the documentation that HMFC & PT have asked for and have have shit the bed. They lost their Dismissal in the CoS and now see a complete storm heading their way and their odds of winning are between NONE and S.F.A.

spot on, and it's clearly significant enough that they consider losing a real possibility, hence the desire to spread the financial risk/impact.

David McCaig
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I've always been pretty pessimistic of a good outcome for us, especially at arbitration, just because the odds seem stacked against us.

I've done a complete 360 on that after seeing the sheer panic from the likes of D Utd and co who, after all, will know the SPFL's case and defence (you'd assume?)

Unless maybe - now documents have to be released - the SPFL have indicated to Utd they can't guarantee that the Dundee vote was not illegal whereas previously they gave the impression they had a cast iron case.

1. There is no logical argument that the Dundee vote was not validly cast and therefore the resolution failed.

2. Even assuming by some bizarre hitherto unknown law/precedent it could be revoked, the resolution would have been fatally compromised as soon Doncaster/Nelms started horse trading.

3. Even if somehow 1 and 2 don’t apply they have to prove the resolution wasn’t guilty by omission, by failing to mention the financial liabilities of what was proposed and that alternative ways of distributing cash were available.

4. last but not least they have to show that a duty of care was exercised to all clubs and that the relegated clubs have not been unfairly prejudiced.

David McCaig
Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

The Sky interviewer asked Doncaster what he would do if Hearts and Partick won and he said they would deal with that. If I was part of the Calpol 3 I would be asking Doncaster how he would deal with it.

CTRL+F Dundee United and replace with Hearts should do it!!

Fitba' broke my Heart

I was thinking about my last post re why did DU, RR and CR get involved?

If I was running an organisation and had somehow, by just following the will of the members (some might say the biggest member), ended up in court which if I lost the organisation would face a rather substantial legal bill; I believe that I would find my jacket on a very shoogly peg.

I would want to show to the board that, not only was it not my fault that I was there (see I was not alone, I was supporting the members and they were supporting me) but on a practical sense managed to mitigate legal costs from the organisation to individual member clubs.

If these 3 clubs were to come to the board and say that I was not looking after their best interests by handing them their share of the legal costs, I can retaliate and say that I gave all of the clubs a chance to band together but the member clubs decided to let you stand (by their decision) by yourselves.

But I was there to support you, which doesn't sound like not looking after your interests to me.

Thus making my peg less shoogly and reinforcing my ethical control and disciplinary credentials to any and all observers.

Sound about right?

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Fitba' broke my Heart said:

I was thinking about my last post re why did DU, RR and CR get involved?

If I was running an organisation and had somehow, by just following the will of the members (some might say the biggest member), ended up in court which if I lost the organisation would face a rather substantial legal bill; I believe that I would find my jacket on a very shoogly peg.

I would want to show to the board that, not only was it not my fault that I was there (see I was not alone, I was supporting the members and they were supporting me) but on a practical sense managed to mitigate legal costs from the organisation to individual member clubs.

If these 3 clubs were to come to the board and say that I was not looking after their best interests by handing them their share of the legal costs, I can retaliate and say that I gave all of the clubs a chance to band together but the member clubs decided to let you stand (by their decision) by yourselves.

But I was there to support you, which doesn't sound like not looking after your interests to me.

Thus making my peg less shoogly and reinforcing my ethical control and disciplinary credentials to any and all observers.

Sound about right?

Sounds spot on to me 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

CTRL+F Dundee United and replace with Hearts should do it!!

upgradddd.JPG

(Even though I still support reconstruction as a better solution to reversing the Resolution, despite how hard D Utd are making that)

7 minutes ago, Section Q said:

We'll have a surplus in the FoH fund soon enough to buy a Dundee team. What should we call it........?😅

Buy Dundee United and call them Dundee Hearts, that'll ****in' annoy them

alwaysthereinspirit
7 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Deid.

SectionDJambo
56 minutes ago, Boris said:

Firstly, I'm 100% behind our stance.

Unfortunately the custodians of many, formerly well respected, clubs are in the bunker with Dr Strangelove.

This is Scottish football's Cuban Missile Crisis, yet no one seems have had the idea of a hotline(post our implorations).

It's sad that proud clubs like Raith Rovers now find themselves on the wrong side of history.

Hell mend those charlatans ruining these clubs.

Agreed.

Some once honourable clubs, who could be respected as honest competitors, are now run by absolute trumpets who have no conception of decency and the collective good. 
I would imagine that although there will be plenty of their fans who are hanging on their every word, there will also be more than a few who are shaking their heads in disbelief at how badly they, as fans of those clubs, are being represented.

They said, with some justification, that Romanov was crazy. Some of these owners/chairmen have overtaken him, long ago, in the stupidity stakes.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fixtures. 

Still something that doesn't sit right. 

13 10 10 9 is my feeling. 

The secretary suggested 4 games in 8 days maybe several times. 

I don't see that in those fixtures,  nowhere 

I honestly could not give a flying **** to any of the clubs that voted against reconstruction that would have been the fairest way ,if any happen to go down the tube then bye bye rats, and why on earth anyone can expect any pitty on the calpol 3  when they had no pitty on us partick and Stranraer and if they where to have there promotions cancelled given them anything but the two fingers  is beyond me .

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

1. There is no logical argument that the Dundee vote was not validly cast and therefore the resolution failed.

2. Even assuming by some bizarre hitherto unknown law/precedent it could be revoked, the resolution would have been fatally compromised as soon Doncaster/Nelms started horse trading.

3. Even if somehow 1 and 2 don’t apply they have to prove the resolution wasn’t guilty by omission, by failing to mention the financial liabilities of what was proposed and that alternative ways of distributing cash were available.

4. last but not least they have to show that a duty of care was exercised to all clubs and that the relegated clubs have not been unfairly prejudiced.

All strong points - and in addition conflating two separate issues ie the release money and ending the season early is a compelling argument.  Clubs have admitted to needing to vote yes for the money and that that was their primary consideration.  As we know, the SPFL are on record confirming there was NO realistic alternative but then subsequently supported 14.10.10.10 to overcome the 'perceived unfairness'.

WorldChampions1902
8 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

The question would be irrelevant, other than for him to say he would, “resign”. Arbitration is binding Neil. You don’t have ANY say in this, for the first time in this debacle.

24 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’m Inclined to agree with you VM. Just to expose the corruption that’s rife within the SPFL 

If we are offered recon and accept it I’m sure another club from Glasgow would very quickly raise a vote of no confidence in SPFL leadership. Two birds with the one stone. 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

There is a reason why the SPFL refer to the percentage of votes in favour rather than stating that the resolution passed!!!

And they never get asked why the financial gun was held to all of the club’s heads, when it didn’t have to be linked in any way. It was there, purely and simply to distort any rational and decent thought, by fear and intimidation, to get the result that the power behind Doncaster wanted.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Surely it’s the other way round. Hearts/Thistle need to prove the above. The SPFL don’t need to unprove it

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

And they never get asked why the financial gun was held to all of the club’s heads, when it didn’t have to be linked in any way. It was there, purely and simply to distort any rational and decent thought, by fear and intimidation, to get the result that the power behind Doncaster wanted.

Bang on the cash!

Diadora Van Basten
1 minute ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

The question would be irrelevant, other than for him to say he would, “resign”. Arbitration is binding Neil. You don’t have ANY say in this, for the first time in this debacle.

The funny thing is they don’t have any more influence on the administration purpose and yet we still get three copy and paste statements probably written by the SPFL trying to win the PR war. 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Surely it’s the other way round. Hearts/Thistle need to prove the above. The SPFL don’t need to unprove it

Is it? Will they go with probability rather than hard, Indisputable evidence? It’s not a criminal trial so not sure how it works. 

upgotheheads
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Fixtures. 

If I'm doing my sums right that would keep Partick in the Championship too? Also it would allow Hearts to miss the first round of fixtures to catch up on training.

14 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Good points as usual DMc, I would add to your list the coupling of the end of season payout with the vote to end the league and misinforming clubs that there was no other option to make the much needed payments.

BigCGilmour
52 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Brilliant.  I can't watch that without imagining Eddie Murphy's deep chuckle.

I can't watch that without imagining Jamie Lee Curtis' deep cleavage!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Is it? Will they go with probability rather than hard, Indisputable evidence? It’s not a criminal trial so not sure how it works. 

But we want to overturn a decision which has already been taken. So we have to make that argument. If our argument isn’t strong or coherent, the SPFL could say nothing and still win

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Fixtures. 

Heard Doncaster And Blair talking about this. The issue is postponed games as they don’t have many spare windows for games so teams might have to play 4 in 8 games. Also Taking into account cup runs and replays etc 

WorldChampions1902
1 minute ago, Rods said:

We are not going to be playing in the premier league next year.

This is now about compensation. 

As the evidence has not yet been heard, you cannot say that.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, upgotheheads said:

If I'm doing my sums right that would keep Partick in the Championship too? Also it would allow Hearts to miss the first round of fixtures to catch up on training.

Wild guess, they will have the other set of fixtures handy that don't impact Sky Sports plans.

I don't know what will happen but I don't think we will be empty handed 

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Fixtures. 

The thing that none of the media have mentioned re fixtures is that if we are reinstated, or it goes to a 13 or 14 team top league then neither us nor ICT will be ready to play until something like 6-8 weeks after the decision is made. That could be as late as mid September before one or two of the clubs are ready to play. That will seriously mess up the seasons scheduling. 

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Rods said:

This is now about compensation. 

Once it’s agreed the resolution has failed its hard to see in law how Hearts are not still in the Premiership.

Riccarton3
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

There is no need for the Calpol 3 to be involved the SPFL are arguing their case.

which makes you think this is also co-ordinated, too. If anyone had any doubts about Doncaster, McKenzie and MacLennan, this episode has told you everything. 

Fitba' broke my Heart
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Heard Doncaster And Blair talking about this. The issue is postponed games as they don’t have many spare windows for games so teams might have to play 4 in 8 games. Also Taking into account cup runs and replays etc 

Sounds like our fixture schedule over Christmas

FACT Check:

4 in 8 : 0.5

9 in 29: 0.3

Edited by Fitba' broke my Heart
Fact Check

gashauskis9
3 minutes ago, Rods said:

This is now about compensation and putting some shitebags out of business. 

FTFY

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

As the evidence has not yet been heard, you cannot say that.

We are all guessing. 

Never been here before 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

The thing that none of the media have mentioned re fixtures is that if we are reinstated, or it goes to a 13 or 14 team top league then neither us nor ICT will be ready to play until something like 6-8 weeks after the decision is made. That could be as late as mid September before one or two of the clubs are ready to play. That will seriously mess up the seasons scheduling. 

Hearts making an immediate return to training would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons!!

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Boo ****ing who to United, RR and Cove. No point greeting about not being able to afford the consequences of your actions now, I’m afraid.

It was a total ***** move voting for a resolution that unfairly expelled three fellow clubs. It was again a ***** move voting against reconstruction that would have saved those three clubs from having to shoulder a disproportionate share of the damage done by C19.

Budge and HMFC made it clear from the outset that we were not going to take what was done to us lying down. We played the game and exhausted every other avenue first. We laid our cards on the table for all to see and were honest about our intentions. 

Every step of the way when we have pleaded for compassion and common sense, we have had to suffer arsehole statements about “accepting our medicine”, “moving on” and clubs voting against saving us from expulsion because they think our owner has a “condescending and smug tone”. We have been told that it “wasn’t the right time” for reconstruction that would have saved us from unfair expulsion with just three quarters of the season completed.

Now we have to read statements like this one, where these *******s are pleading for us to not protect ourselves, from an action that they have instigated against us? Now we are supposed to feel some sort of sympathy for them? Go **** yourselves. You had plenty of opportunities to avoid this, but smugly voted for us to be sacrificed at the alter. Then when there were two opportunities to vote for reconstruction that would prevent us taking this disproportionate hit, we get platitudes but a shake of the head and condemned to expulsion?

These clubs who are now whining about how unfair it all is, should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. Greeting for Celtic and chums to bail them out because they can’t afford to pay for the consequences of their vindictiveness.

Risible behaviour. 

:yas: :greatpost:

You are honestly my favourite poster on this place right now Doofy.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )